» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 7:37 am

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 5:49 am

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by frinik Today at 1:02 am

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 pm

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

» Any way to separate infantry from tanks?
by aleader Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2017 Please Help : Major Mods, Patches + More

Commissar1032

2017 Please Help : Major Mods, Patches + More

Post by Commissar1032 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 am

Hello there, I have recently found this game and think it's great. I have found my way to both this forum and the official Graviteam one to look around and see what mods are available for this game. Right now I am in need of assistance as it looks like the Russian community is larger/more active than the English community and would like to know what I should look into (both unofficial patches and mods). I really want to mod the hell out of this game but am worried since many links I have found are broken... Thank you for your time and help.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: 2017 Please Help : Major Mods, Patches + More

Post by lockie on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:22 am

Hi, Commissar1032
    Welcome on the armor board!

I've to note this is nor russian neither the other national Community. This is Steel Fury Community!
    I recommend u to read this article to be involved into modding.

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t275-vehicles-import-tutorial

Last edited by lockie on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:48 am

Welcome aboard Commissar1032! This is the main Steel Fury forum. The Graviteam one is all but dead...

This particular forum is now the English-speaking forum. I don't know about the Russian-speaking community but I do know their Sukhoi.ru forum shut down a while ago. As for the Russian community  being more active I can tell you that since 2014 most if not all the innovations to the game (mods, missions, new models and maps) have been made by Ukrainian & Belarussians with other nationalities ( Americans, British, Japanese etc) contributing as well...... The Russians have been absent, probably too busy meddling in Syria, Georgia, the Ukraine etc Wink
    Commissar1032

Post by Commissar1032 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info all, I can't wait to see what the community brewed up over the past decade and yea I probably should have worded that better to just the "Eastern European Community."
    frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 am

Commissar what I said was said without malice, I was not trying to rub you the wrong way. We all acknowledge the contribution made to the game by Russians guys like Stone 2009, XReam, Egogor, Hemul and others in the first 3 years after it came out. However even Graviteam has pulled the plug on the old Steel Fury forum which we used to frequent until 3 years ago. That being said you'll discover a very lively forum here, full of helpful guys and feel free to ask questions and make requests. The game has changed so much since I first started playing it in 2008 it's unbelievable! It's unfortunate Graviteam was screwed out of making any money on that game by shady distributors ( Lighthouse Interactive & Discus). Had they been able to support and update it I can't imagine what it would be today.

On another sad note the tanksim.org.ru webpage which is where I used to get so many of my mods for Steel Fury, TvsT and T72 Balkans on Fire seem to have shut down. It had been living on borrowed time I guess as all three games are not supported and not selling much anyway...RIP.

Commissar are you new at Steel Fury ? Is this your first experience playing a tank simulator?
    Commissar1032

Post by Commissar1032 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:09 pm

frinik wrote:Commissar what I said was said without malice, I was not trying to rub you the wrong way. We all acknowledge the contribution made to the game by Russians guys like Stone 2009, XReam, Egogor, Hemul and others in the first 3 years after it came out. However even Graviteam has pulled the plug on the old Steel Fury forum which we used to frequent until 3 years ago. That being said you'll discover a very lively forum here, full of helpful guys and feel free to ask questions and make requests. The game has changed so much since I first started playing it in 2008 it's unbelievable! It's unfortunate Graviteam was screwed out of making any money on that game by shady distributors ( Lighthouse Interactive & Discus). Had they been able to support and update it I can't imagine what it would be today.

On another sad note the tanksim.org.ru webpage which is where I used to get so many of my mods for Steel Fury, TvsT and T72 Balkans on Fire seem to have shut down. It had been living on borrowed time I guess as all three games are not supported and not selling much anyway...RIP.

Commissar are you new at Steel Fury ? Is this your first experience playing a tank simulator?

I am not new to tank sims and started out as a kid playing the Armored Fist games and didn't/couldn't really find anything similar. I have seen Steel Beasts but the pricing for that seems pretty high. So I just kinda bounced around with Op Flashpoint and it's mods along with the Armed Assault series. I love Graviteam's Steel Armor: Blaze of War, hell of it is, I saw this game years ago and just brushed it off, now I wish I had it when it was in it's prime.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Well it's never too late to correct an oversight! You are going to enjoy this game because it's been modded so much that even it's own creators would be amazed with the results. What's more team Lockie-Will1973-Deviator, the Holy Trinity of Steel Fury, is constantly updating the game, tirelessly every month. Without them this sim would be as dead as T34 versus Tiger.

Armed Assault series is great. Hard to find better modern warfare sims.! I love it along with Arma II Combined Operations and Arma III/ Apex.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 am