Latest topics

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by Glushak Today at 4:31 pm

» Umm.... What's the matter...
by wlthd5002 Today at 3:47 pm

» what should I do in this situation,,,?
by mechanic Today at 10:45 am

» What's the matter....
by woofiedog Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)
by lockie Yesterday at 11:31 am

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:48 pm

» Elvis Presley
by woofiedog Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:34 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by PanzerLion Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

» Question on music choice for American missions
by woofiedog Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm

lockie... will73 shared with me a simplified models of the smoke/fire/dust and blowing. They helps to improve the framerate abt. ~+5.  Simple effects

Thanks' for posting this effects mod, will give it a try. Also to will73, thank you! Very Happy

lockie... If u want to check out the framerate, then try mission "Destroy the Fatherland"

Yes, that particular mission and the "Sieg oder Tod,  Pz.V ausf. G "Panther" were going to be on my list of missions to be doing some test with. Laughing

Matter of fact here are my findings with the "Destroy the Fatherland". My frame rate was lower as expected, but with the "Grass Distance Tweek, 16:9 Mod" running I had no game stability problems. cheers

Here are some screenshots, the highest frame rate was around 17 FPS at the beginning of the mission and the lowest was 7 FPS at the completion of the mission.

I also added this change to the "Config File"

lod_dist0 = 35.000000;  to   lod_dist0 = 100.000000;
    lod_dist1 = 150.000000;      lod_dist1 = 300.000000;

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm

The trick to increase fps and reduce stutter on low spec pcs is to turn off as many unnecessary programs as possible. For example turn your anti virus and the internet off as you don't need them to play SF and they eat RAM and resources .

Woofie there's free program that might help you boost your fps. It's called Park Control. It allows you to use all the cores of your cpu especially useful as SF does not use all cores of cpu.

Here's the link:

https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

frinik...  there's free program that might help you boost your fps. It's called Park Control

Thanks' for the link, but I would rather use the game and my computer's settings to see if I can better the frame rate & screen quality.

As I stated in a earlier post, my motherboard has three levels of operation in the bio's and the last is a overclocking option that boosts the processor from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz. Have not used this option, as I want to stay at the 3.3GHz level to run any of these tests.  Smile

BTW... this is not a screen from my computer, because I don't have the means at this time to take a screenshot of my computer's bio's.

frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 am

Well Woofie the game unfortunately is poorly optimized. Especially the cpus that we have are not fully utilised, the game only uses 2 cores despite the fact that your pc may have 4 to 6 of them... What Park Control does is make sure all your cores are being utilised when you game..
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Again thanks' for the link and agree that the game does not utilize all of our computer's CPU cores. But I still want to see what can be done by the game and the computer.

Sort of what we had to do with our old TV's every time we turned it on, readjust the antenna along with all the TV picture controls and give it a bag on the side every now & then when the picture started flipping. LoL Smile

frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 am

I understand. I am from the old generation too and always a bit suspicious of new, wonky stuff. Nothing like the old technology. Hell, I just parted with my 15-years old Nissan X Terra( US-made incidentally) because where I am moving the local government would not accept the import of such an old vehicle which works very well and looks great and beats many of the newer and improved models.....
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:26 pm

frinik... I am from the old generation too and always a bit suspicious of new, wonky stuff

"Suspicious" maybe, I believe it is more the question, is it really necessary. LoL Very Happy

It is very easy to increase my CPU's output with the bios of my computer without the need of a third party program.

As I stated earlier, my processor can be easily increased from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz with the bio controls. But also "is it really necessary", as this increase of power/heat from the processor, will probably be putting an unnecessary strain on my older computer. Wink
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Overclocking does indeed shorten the life of your processor and other parts of your pc through exposure to higher temperatures. To OC though you need not later your BIOS. Y0u can install a software like Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner... The advantage is that you can don't tinker with your BIOs and it's easier to run the OC on and off. Personally I don't overclock but I am cautious by nature.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:50 pm

frinik... To OC though you need not later your BIOS. Y0u can install a software like Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner..

No need for any program or messing around, this is very easily done by opening my bios and with one click of the mouse on one of the three processor options [Quiet, Normal,Performance] presented on the bios page.  Wicked Easy! Wink

frinik

Post by frinik on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:19 am

OH you have an Asus software that allows you to tweak your BIO7S????I guess your pc has an Asus motherboard? This is neat!
    Glushak

Post by Glushak on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

it's a very desired section. I read about your experiments and using your results, set up your game. Put
    use_32bit_inds = 1. And all the problems went away. Was able to push lod 100\300 and didn't has any inconvenience. Also put in the video card setting to quality. A very big thank you.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I just reinstalled my OS. I was dreading it but it had been installed for 9 years!! It was old and really messed up. I tried a repair install but had to go for a clean install instead. I had some problems but what really helped was unplugging all drives but the one I was installing on.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

I have just about finish my testing and will be making a few changes to the mod and be adding the download link & instructions to the first post.  Smile

Tanker... I just reinstalled my OS. I was dreading it but it had been installed for 9 years!! It was old and really messed up. I tried a repair install but had to go for a clean install instead. I had some problems but what really helped was unplugging all drives but the one I was installing on.

Fully agree about the "dreaded" part of a install of the OS... but the fresh install of the OS for my computer was just what the doctor ordered. My old rig now runs and drives like it just came out of the dealer's showroom floor! LoL cheers

Glushak... . Put use_32bit_inds = 1. And all the problems went away. Was able to push lod 100\300 and didn't has any inconvenience. Also put in the video card setting to quality.

It is very good to hear some feed back and I'm glad that this mod helped out your game.

I would also at this time, like to thank all who replied and helped out with suggestions... thanks' for your input.  Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

frinik... TBH setting the use_32bit_inds to 1 has not increased the picture quality at least nothing I have noticed but I had to undo it because it created a ghosting effect around the tanks and objects in the game.

I have noticed the slight ghosting around the player's tank/vehicle and some objects using the change... use_32bit_inds = 0; to use_32bit_inds = 1;. It is not picked up in the screenshots. This I will check into better before I release the final mod.

Except for a few more test, I have just about wrapped up any more testing for the mod and plan to release a final version soon. I do have these following screenshots with FPS rates with the excellent mission 'Unknown,X May 1945,15:00 (E-100) by hiyo" that has a good amount of action & vehicles/tanks & ground forces.

The changes I made to the "Config file" mod is as follows and highlighted in blue.

//grass
    i_microman:microman()
    {
    //long board of the micro-objects, ì (128.0 - 1024.0)
    micro_dist = 300.000000;
    //value of the drift grass LOD's (0.0 don't drift - 1.0 always the last LOD)
    micro_lods = 0.000000;
    //trimming micro-objects (0 - OFF, 1 - remove all grass)
    micro_trim = 0.500000;

}// end of i_microman:microman

//scene
    i_scene:scene()
    {
    //distance LOD, m
    lod_dist0 = 55.000000;
    lod_dist1 = 255.000000;

lod_dist2 = 0.000000;
    //use 32 bit index èíäåêñû
    use_32bit_inds = 1;
    //use hardware instancing
    hw_instancing = 1;
    //render specular (local sources)
    specular = 1;
    //real vision horizont * 0.95
    horizont = 3072.000000;

}// end of i_scene:scene

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 pm

*Notice*

I have made some changes to the "Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod" and now have posted on the first page a new download link for the new "Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2".

Please post any concerns or problems that you may have.

Thank you for your support and Good Luck Hunting! Smile
    Glushak

Post by Glushak on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I have some sort of magic.
    If promises to launch 3dmax+photoshop+steel fury works better than one steel fury.Vice versa the load a little on the graphics card?I have 4gb worth
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Glushak... Vice versa the load a little on the graphics card?I have 4gb worth

My old EVGA GeForce 580 graphic cards, even setup in SLI are no way near what a single new NVIDIA GeForce graphic card is putting out or the lower power consumption with these newer graphic cards.

What is the graphic card/motherboard/CPU you running in your computer? Smile
    Glushak

Post by Glushak on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 pm

woofiedog wrote:Glushak... Vice versa the load a little on the graphics card?I have 4gb worth

My old EVGA GeForce 580 graphic cards, even setup in SLI are no way near what a single new NVIDIA GeForce graphic card is putting out or the lower power consumption with these newer graphic cards.

What is the graphic card/motherboard/CPU you running in your computer?  Smile

Interel(R) Core(TM)i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    8gb x64
    video card nvidia gt-730 4gb
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Glushak... Interel(R) Core(TM)i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    8gb x64
    video card nvidia gt-730 4gb

Excellent computer, SF STA must run very smooth and have great frame rates with a mission that has heavy action. Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:05 pm

A few screenshots taken while playing out the excellent mission by Deviator... "Shot in the Dark, 05.06.1942, 20:30 (Pz.IV/F1)" and running the Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2 mod.

I was able to have pretty decent frame rates of 20 to 23 FPS during the action & heavy fighting of the mission, all the while having the game settings at max levels.  Smile

My SF STA, JSGME setup and Video option settings.

Glushak

Post by Glushak on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:14 pm

woofiedog wrote:Excellent computer, SF STA must run very smooth and have great frame rates with a mission that has heavy action. Smile

It seems a weak today I want to upgrade Very Happy
    What is the mod config for nvidia card??
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Glushak... It seems a weak today I want to upgrade

I could only hope for the output of your computer and would have to say that for SF STA gaming your rig's output/power is pretty much overkill. LoL  Laughing

These are the parameters that I am using with the Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2.

1... //long board of the micro-objects, ì (128.0 - 1024.0)
    micro_dist = 300.000000;

2... //distance LOD, m
    lod_dist0 = 100.000000;
    lod_dist1 = 300.000000;

3... //use 32 bit indexes
         use_32bit_inds = 1;

Here is how my "NVIDIA Control panel" is setup, along with the "System Setup information".

Glushak

Post by Glushak on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Thank you.
    I have already put, when I read this forum.
    About power for steel fury, I agree.But I work in 3D max,it is necessary to do huge renders for advertising and websites,and sometimes makes a poster all night.Therefore, it is necessary to add capacity.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Glushak... But I work in 3D max,it is necessary to do huge renders for advertising and websites,and sometimes makes a poster all night

Very interesting work, where did you receive your art degree from? I have looked into 3D Max and it is a very considerable investment for a regular person that is not making some type of monetary return with the purchase of such a program as 3D Max.

With the work you do with advertising & website design, I can see you would want a up to date computer to work with.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:29 pm

From a suggestion made by frinik, I did a bit of testing with this change in the "Config file", along with using the "Grass Distance Tweek/16:9 Mod V2".

You can read more about it here.

New install, need help on enabling Anti-aliasing?

From "flora_trime = 0.000000;" to "flora_trime = 0.500000;"

//flora management
    i_plantman:plantman()
    {
    //flora trimming (0 - OFF, 1 - remove the part of flora)
    flora_trim = 0.000000;
    //adaptive selection of the LOD flora level (0 - OFF, 1 - max speed)
    adapt_ls = 0.500000;
    //flora trimming (0 - OFF, 1 - remove the part of flor)
    flora_trime = 0.500000;

}// end of i_plantman:plantman

A few screenshots from the excellent mission by Deviator "Stay to the death! 7th July 1943, 10:00 (KV-1s)", which I have not managed to survive yet. You might say it is a real "Killer" of a mission! Twisted Evil

After running a few missions I did have a drop in the frame rate while using this change to the config file to about 17 FPS to 20 FPS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 pm