MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Computer Overhaul

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Computer Overhaul

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm

lockie... will73 shared with me a simplified models of the smoke/fire/dust and blowing. They helps to improve the framerate abt. ~+5.  Simple effects

Thanks' for posting this effects mod, will give it a try. Also to will73, thank you! Very Happy

lockie... If u want to check out the framerate, then try mission "Destroy the Fatherland"

Yes, that particular mission and the "Sieg oder Tod,  Pz.V ausf. G "Panther" were going to be on my list of missions to be doing some test with. Laughing

Matter of fact here are my findings with the "Destroy the Fatherland". My frame rate was lower as expected, but with the "Grass Distance Tweek, 16:9 Mod" running I had no game stability problems. cheers

Here are some screenshots, the highest frame rate was around 17 FPS at the beginning of the mission and the lowest was 7 FPS at the completion of the mission.

I also added this change to the "Config File"

lod_dist0 = 35.000000;  to   lod_dist0 = 100.000000;
    lod_dist1 = 150.000000;      lod_dist1 = 300.000000;

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm

The trick to increase fps and reduce stutter on low spec pcs is to turn off as many unnecessary programs as possible. For example turn your anti virus and the internet off as you don't need them to play SF and they eat RAM and resources .

Woofie there's free program that might help you boost your fps. It's called Park Control. It allows you to use all the cores of your cpu especially useful as SF does not use all cores of cpu.

Here's the link:

https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

frinik...  there's free program that might help you boost your fps. It's called Park Control

Thanks' for the link, but I would rather use the game and my computer's settings to see if I can better the frame rate & screen quality.

As I stated in a earlier post, my motherboard has three levels of operation in the bio's and the last is a overclocking option that boosts the processor from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz. Have not used this option, as I want to stay at the 3.3GHz level to run any of these tests.  Smile

BTW... this is not a screen from my computer, because I don't have the means at this time to take a screenshot of my computer's bio's.

frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 am

Well Woofie the game unfortunately is poorly optimized. Especially the cpus that we have are not fully utilised, the game only uses 2 cores despite the fact that your pc may have 4 to 6 of them... What Park Control does is make sure all your cores are being utilised when you game..
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Again thanks' for the link and agree that the game does not utilize all of our computer's CPU cores. But I still want to see what can be done by the game and the computer.

Sort of what we had to do with our old TV's every time we turned it on, readjust the antenna along with all the TV picture controls and give it a bag on the side every now & then when the picture started flipping. LoL Smile

frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 am

I understand. I am from the old generation too and always a bit suspicious of new, wonky stuff. Nothing like the old technology. Hell, I just parted with my 15-years old Nissan X Terra( US-made incidentally) because where I am moving the local government would not accept the import of such an old vehicle which works very well and looks great and beats many of the newer and improved models.....
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:26 pm

frinik... I am from the old generation too and always a bit suspicious of new, wonky stuff

"Suspicious" maybe, I believe it is more the question, is it really necessary. LoL Very Happy

It is very easy to increase my CPU's output with the bios of my computer without the need of a third party program.

As I stated earlier, my processor can be easily increased from 3.3GHz up to 3.7GHz with the bio controls. But also "is it really necessary", as this increase of power/heat from the processor, will probably be putting an unnecessary strain on my older computer. Wink
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Overclocking does indeed shorten the life of your processor and other parts of your pc through exposure to higher temperatures. To OC though you need not later your BIOS. Y0u can install a software like Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner... The advantage is that you can don't tinker with your BIOs and it's easier to run the OC on and off. Personally I don't overclock but I am cautious by nature.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:50 pm

frinik... To OC though you need not later your BIOS. Y0u can install a software like Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner..

No need for any program or messing around, this is very easily done by opening my bios and with one click of the mouse on one of the three processor options [Quiet, Normal,Performance] presented on the bios page.  Wicked Easy! Wink

frinik

Post by frinik Today at 4:19 am

OH you have an Asus software that allows you to tweak your BIO7S????I guess your pc has an Asus motherboard? This is neat!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 pm