Latest topics

May 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tutorial Questions

chrisp

Tutorial Questions

Post by chrisp on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Hey, when I'm running the Driver tutorial, are the other crew positions blocked? No matter how many times I hit the F3 key, I can't get the commander's position.

Also, I frequently "stall" the Matilda. I have gas, but no rpms and nothing moves.

What's wit dat?

Chris P.
    chrisp

Re: Tutorial Questions

Post by chrisp on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:30 pm

Also, I simply can't play the game on my 1920:1080 display. The game menu is way to big. I can't even get to the quit button -- I have to use task manager to close the game.

I have the v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015 fix installed, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Chris P.
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm

chrisp wrote:
    Hey, when I'm running the Driver tutorial, are the other crew positions blocked? No matter how many times I hit the F3 key, I can't get the commander's position.
    It is only in tank tutorial. You can't change the driver position.

chrisp wrote:
    I simply can't play the game on my 1920:1080 display. The game menu is way to big. I can't even get to the quit button
    This is desktop resolution. Setup the same in the game and uncheck "scaling" in the videodrivers.
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t910-only-upper-left-portion-of-the-main-menu
    chrisp

Post by chrisp on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:59 pm

Yup.

"Edit--Yes there is! Right click the SFK42 shortcut, then properties, click the compatibility tab, then check 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Works for me! Thanks.
    chrisp

Post by chrisp on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:16 pm

I also figured out that the Left and Right arrow keys don't work (don't turn the tank) unless you disable the joystick in the options.

And I figured out that I was stalling the Matilda for exactly the same reason I used to stall my old Volkswagen -- you have to shift up and down in the tank, just as you do in a car. If you try and climb the hill in 3rd gear, you'll stall. This is pretty awesome in a tank simulation.

And when I stall, I have to put on the brake, shift to neutral, and hit the starter a number of times until the engine kicks in. Wow. Just the old VW.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:01 am

chrisp wrote:
    I also figured out that the Left and Right arrow keys don't work (don't turn the tank) unless you disable the joystick in the options.
    Some old games doesn't work properly, if any usb device plugged in.

And when I stall, I have to put on the brake, shift to neutral, and hit the starter a number of times until the engine kicks in. Wow. Just the old VW.
    When u'll master Matilda then drive the other tanks will be a peace of cake Smile
    Movement in uphill is a very tricky. U've to press break "Q", press full gas at 1st gear, then release "Q" and move half a meter. Then once again full gas, release "Q" and another half meter overcame Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 4:04 am