» 2.3 sta troubleshooting
by cftaurus Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 pm

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm

» STA2.3 version
by mechanic Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 am

» New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)
by Glushak Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm

» how to import a 3d tank model and make it playable ?
by mechanic Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:40 am

» Ukrainian armor
by lockie Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 am

» Missions by Deviator (Місії ад Девіатора)
by Deviator Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 am

September 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Corrupted gunsight

Lightning62

Corrupted gunsight

Post by Lightning62 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:23 am

Hi,
     I tried to play with STA3.1. german campaign "Not Quiet on the Eastern Front" and began first missioon - Welcome to Front. After crazy russian bombardment I had going to Pz.-III gunsight view. This view was like great white spider web or broken glass. Behind this spider web I saw gunsight reticle too but was impossible to make with this sight distant measures or find enemy tanks or infantry. At first I think that maybe is gunsight broken due bombardment. Then I watched gunsight before beginning bombardment and with same results.
    Has anyone probleem with this gunsight ? I played another campaign with Pz.III too and there are gunsight ok.

With regards
    Lightning62
    mechanic

Re: Corrupted gunsight

Post by mechanic on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm sure you have broken sight. Take a seat of driver or commander and get the hell outta there Smile

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you very much for good advice. I will follow your advice and go to find nearest recovery-repair unit. Very Happy
    Maybe court-martial will accept broken gunsight ...... Very Happy

With regards
    Lightning62

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:06 am

I have the same issue. STA 3.1, exactly the same mission; Welcome to the Front.

I tried a couple of things. First, just kept restarting the mission(5-6 times) and trying to get out of the artillery barrage with no damage. No success, sight broken every time. Second, I tried starting the mission in gunner's view with the gun sight's armor cap closed. Same result, broker sight. Finally, I started the mission in gunner's view with the gun sight view opened fully, and maneuvered the tank out of the barrage using the gun sight for navigation. I escaped the barrage unscathed the first time with no broken gun sight. I've not tried the mission since, so I don't know if this was just a lucky coincidence. In any case you might try it.

I still think I read somewhere that there is a fix for this. I looked on this forum for it but found nothing, Perhaps is was on the Graviteams forum or some other Steel Fury blog. I was told that the fix is incorporated into STA 3.1 and earlier versions of STA. If so, it seems there may be a bug with this fix at least in this mission. I've not seen the problem in any other mission, even when taking frontal hits from enemy tanks.

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 am

Hi,
    thank you for quick answer. First two variants you offered I tried too but I got same results like you. In final variant I tried to escape too turning left and right in full speed but this barrage got me. Maybe I must get out of barrage full reverse. I will see what will happen and let you know about results. But now I have hope that gunsight may be ok and operational too.

With regards
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:46 am

This bug "damaged gunsight" has default Pz.III/J model. Because gunsight attached to the gun mask.

It does each time when shell/fragments hit the gun mask - gunsight becomes damaged.

In the new version Pz,III/J it was fixed. Now gunsight attached to the "cradle".

So, probability to damage gunsight still presented, but significantly decreased, coz detail "cradle" located inside the turret.
    Campaign has default Pz.III and was not changed. As temporally u may apply this tiny patch, which will replace default Pz.III on the new one in the first mission. Installation order doesn't matter.
    Fix included in FebUpd 2107.

For the STA1/2 u need to change the file:
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\common\common_res.engcfg
    Find entries:
    //Pz-IIIJL60
    tzf5e,tzf5ae1_c,tzf5bb1,,tzf5e1_c,cross,2,21,2.5,2.5,2,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,9,false,3,-0.23,0,0,0,0,1.5,true,false,0,0,-60;
    //Pz-IIIJL40
    tzf5d,tzf5ae1_c,tzf5bb1,,tzf5d1_c,cross,2,21,2.5,2.5,2,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,9,false,3,-0.23,0,0,0,0,1.5,true,false,0,0,-36
    replace on
    //Pz-IIIJL60
    tzf5e,tzf5ae1_c,tzf5bb1,,tzf5e1_c,cross,2,21,2.5,2.5,2,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,9,false,3,-0.23,0,0,0,0,1.5,false,true,0,0,-60;
    //Pz-IIIJL40
    tzf5d,tzf5ae1_c,tzf5bb1,,tzf5d1_c,cross,2,21,2.5,2.5,2,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,9,false,3,-0.23,0,0,0,0,1.5,false,true,0,0,-36
    Save.

OR u may install "gunsight fix". It'll replace the texture of the damaged gunsight.

Last edited by lockie on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 am

Hi,
    Great thanks to you. You´re really man who knows all about SF STA like wizard. One moment and you´re answer for every probleem. Very Happy
    One little probleem yet.
    When I tried play German campaign with this little Czech panzer Pz-38 I got corrupted commander buttoned view with white-black stripes. I cant see anything inside panzer and outside when pressing "G".
    I´m away my laptop for two days and I cant to say you what is the name of campaign - I think some "little..." or something.......
    Gunners view and gunsight was correct without problems.

Have you any solution for this probleem ?

With best wishes
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 am

Lightning62 wrote:Hi,
    Great thanks to you. You´re really man who knows all about SF STA like wizard.
    After 6 years of modding there are almost no secrets happy

When I tried play German campaign with this little Czech panzer Pz-38 I got corrupted commander buttoned view with white-black stripes. I cant see anything inside panzer and outside when pressing "G".
    Yes, it is a bug. As longer mod in development as more bugs appears Smile
    Gunsight of Commander had a wrong parameters, which led to the unusual picture. Fixed.
    Install fix the last in line. Fix compatible with all STA versions. Will be included in the next STA3.1 update.
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/qTm59pDfce/v04_pz38_sight_fix.html

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi,
    Great ! Thank you very much.
    I´m glad to discover any bugs to fixing. At first I try play all German campaign and scenarios and after that I will play "Fury" campaign and Khalhin-Goli scenario.
    For me is very hard to play German tankdestroyers campaigns and scenarios. In one Jagdpanther scenario (vs British in Normandy) is buttoned commander view very limited (only periscope view) and to view anything I must go to unbuttoned view or turn my jagdpanther all time left or right.

One question yet - have anyone tried to make campaign or scenarios about last big panzer battles in East ( Balaton lake surrounding in Hungary /1945 January) when German panzerdivisions tried to deblocade besieged Budapest.

It happened after Ardennes operation. Last elite German panzerdivisions (LAH,TK and Wiking) lost there almost all remaining tanks. They fight against snowstorms, infantry, cavalry, anti-tanks guns, minefields, electrified barbed fire and at last against newest soviet tanks.

With regards
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Great ! Thank you very much.
    I'm glad to discover any bugs to fixing.
    drink  thumbsup
    Personally, I'm interested to test all default missions.

At first I try play all German campaign and scenarios and after that I will play "Fury" campaign and Khalhin-Gol scenario.
    Mission with Khalhin-Gol presented in STA3.1 and available only via donation.

For me is very hard to play German tankdestroyers campaigns and scenarios. In one Jagdpanther scenario (vs British in Normandy) is buttoned commander view very limited (only periscope view) and to view anything I must go to unbuttoned view or turn my jagdpanther all time left or right.
    Jagdpanther was a tank killer with a preferable ambush position. It was designed as 88mm gun on the tracks. But int the mission as in the real battle, these vehicle used as ordinary tank. The same situation was with Jagdtiger.

have anyone tried to make campaign or scenarios about last big panzer battles in East (Balaton lake surrounding in Hungary /1945 January) when German panzerdivisions tried to deblocade besieged Budapest.
    Yes, there is one mission made by Deviator. It is GMP3.32, N39, Counterstrike, January 1945 (Pz.VI B "King Tiger")

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi,
    thank you for explanations. For playing "Fury" etc I always made donation and I always have STA3.1. on December 2016. But beside work I will try test all default scenarios and campaign.
    Scenario "Counter-strike" is great but seems there are too many russian tanks and too little AP-shells. Firing T-34 with explosive shells is risky business. But it is real challenge for me and I like it.

With best wishes
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm

There are not too many Soviet tanks in the mission. AP shells is quite enough. U should not be in hurry. Anyway, u may play at the balance 1. It is an easiest level.

BTW
    I couldn't help myself to play with a mission with Pz-38(t). The mission is a very easy, I've managed to destroy two Soviet tanks T-26 yahoo
    During playing the mission I've found another bug - wrong tracks location on the Pz.38(t)/G.

The tracks in the upper position then it should be. Fixed.

Fix will be included in the next STA3.1 update.

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi,
    When I readed Otto Carius memories "Tigers in the mud", Otto Carius said that at the beginning of war Pz-38 was his tank. T-26 are not real enemy for Pz-38 but T-34 or KV are. I think german tankers are very shocked when they in 1941 meet T-34 or KV.
    Can you tell me anything Kamenets-Podolsk tank battle (1943 or 1944 probably) when German panzers ( commanded by general Hube) tried to open cauldron.
    Is there great fight? Thirty years ago I read from Soviet magazine that there was real tank-panzers cementary for every taste.

With regards
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 pm

When I readed Otto Carius memories "Tigers in the mud", Otto Carius said that at the beginning of war Pz-38 was his tank. T-26 are not real enemy for Pz-38 but T-34 or KV are.
    U'll meet T-34 and KV-1 in the next missions and it'll be almost impossible to finish them successfully. I could not

Can you tell me anything Kamenets-Podolsk tank battle (1943 or 1944 probably) when German panzers (commanded by general Hube) tried to open cauldron.
    As I know there are no any missions devoted to this battle. There were German and Hungarian forces, which were partly encircled by the the Soviet tank armies in the march 1944. I didn't here there was  a great tank battle, though according to the data there were 1 German Panzer Army under command general Hube against 1,3,4 Soviet tank armies under common command marshal Zhukov.

Hungarian tankets in Kamenets-Podolsky.

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:16 am

Lockie, I applied the gun shight fix. Unfortunately, it did not result in any better result. Simply stated, it is still all but impossible to escape the artillery barrage without a broken gun sight.

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi,
    Both sight updates (Pz38 and Pz-III) is working very well.
    My modus operandi for Pz-III broken sight:
    1.Install order: SSM2.6/Polygon/STA3.1./NovUp/DecUp/Aspect4:3/Pz-3 sight/Pz-38 sight.
    2. I created new user

and all works perfectly.

With regards
    Lightning62
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 pm

I guess it was original author idea of the mission to break the gunsight at the beginning Smile

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 pm

OK, I have the Pz-38 sight fix. Do you have the link to the Pz-3 sight fix?

Lockie's STA 3.1 install instructions say to place the Aspect mod after the 3.1 mod and before the Nov and Dec updates. Does it really make a difference?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:04 pm

dwain7 wrote:
    Lockie's STA 3.1 install instructions say to place the Aspect mod after the 3.1 mod and before the Nov and Dec updates.  Does it really make a difference?
    It's better to place Aspect mod after the STA3.1 before other updates. U may try to change the order and see what happens, but I don't recommend.
    Here's my order.

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:59 am

They fight against snowstorms, infantry, cavalry, anti-tanks guns, minefields, electrified barbed fire and at last against newest soviet tanks.

More importantly they were fighting against shortages of fuel, untrained crews, logistical problems and the Allies mastery of the air....
    Deviator
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Deviator on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 am

have anyone tried to make campaign or scenarios about last big panzer battles in East (Balaton lake surrounding in Hungary /1945 January) when German panzerdivisions tried to deblocade besieged Budapest.

Yes, there is one mission made by Deviator. It is GMP3.32, N39, Counterstrike, January 1945 (Pz.VI B "King Tiger")
    Па Балатону ёсць яшчэ місіі на палігоне "Теш".Там ёсць місія на "Яге".
    There is also another mission GMP3.32, N43. "Spotted Killer" Tes, March 1945 (Jagdpanther)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:19 am

frinik wrote:More importantly they were fighting against shortages of fuel, untrained crews, logistical problems and the Allies mastery of the air....
    According to statistics (unfortunately, I don't remember where I've read it. Suppose it was a book by M.Solonin, www.solonin.org/en) one Wehrmacht tank took part in 10 battles. Meanwhile, one Soviet tank had part in 3 battles before destroyed. As we can see effectiveness of the German tankers was THREE times more than Soviet.

Lightning62

Post by Lightning62 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,
    frinik, you are totally right. But at time Balaton battle Soviet air supremacy was almost zero. Weather condition were so bad that there was not flying weather. At time Balaton-Budapest operation germans are supported by Rudel close-support fighter-bomber unit. This unit helps panzers to destroy many russian tanks and anti-tanks guns.

With regards
    Lightning62
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:39 pm

I decided to start the first mission with Pz.III, coz there are some complains and it's not good. Well, I've to confess my new fix works partly  pardon  In fact, it works good, but has one issue. Gunner Pz.III/J has FOUR sight devices.
    1. Main gunsight with reticle
    2. Frontal sight (60 FOV)
    3. Side sight (30 FOV)
    4. Side sight on the hatch (30 FOV)
    Both sights N1 and N2 has ability: close "gunsight with a cap". But it's not correct. The real gunsight with reticle was not protected with a cap. See picture a tiny black point.

So, user thinks, if he press "G", then main gunsight will be closed with a cap, BUT it didn't! If u want to close the cap u've to pres "G" for the frontal gunsight!
    Only in this way the main gunsight will be protected. Say the truth, I didn't know abt. it Smile
    Finally, I've assigned protected cap to the main gunsight. So, now if u press "G", then gunsight will be closed.
    So, now we've two choices:
    1. apply a new fix (it has a new bug. U may close the main gunsight, but frontal one will be still opened)
    2. make the main gunsight closer to the reality - remove ability to protect it with a cap. Thus user should know/guess - to protect it he must close the frontal sight, which is not obvious thing.
    As my point, we've a game. So, there should be a clear and obvious things. Thus, my vote N1.

There are some pictures with explanations.
    We can see caps in the positions "opened" on both places: loader and gunner. In this position all gunsights are without protection and could be damaged.

This is gunner's place. In front of him is "unprotected hole", which must be closed under shelling. At the default, u've to pres "G" for the frontal sight.

And now if we press "G" at the main gunsight the hole will be closed and gunsight capped.

Here's a temporal fix for the STA3.1 Install the last in line. Fix includes previous adjustments for Pz.III and Pz.38(t).

Last edited by lockie on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Lockie, that did the trick for me! You're a genius.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 am