MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3D model Fallshirmjaeger

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: 3D model Fallshirmjaeger

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:40 am

I've found this beautiful 3D model Fallshirmjaeger.

Unfortunately, there is no ability in the game to use this unit. Parachute is out of the game. Though, it would be interesting to implement them in a specific mission, like capture fort Eben-Emael.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Eben-Emael

Lajcak

Post by Lajcak on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, I've put fallschirmjagers into SF  (originally, Soviet and German tanker meshes)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

3D model Fallshirmjaeger

Post by lockie on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:05 am

Lajcak wrote:Well, I've put fallschirmjagers into SF  (originally, Soviet and German tankmen meshes)
    Hi, Lajcak! Long time no see Smile
    Excellent work! bounce
    I see, u've added a new objects also, like:
    - helmet
    - holster
    Could u upload more screens with fallschirmjagers(SOV/GER)?

PS
    Would u like to update the weather mod "Winter no snow"? it is the most original mod. Unfortunately, it is obsolete, coz there is a new flora appeared.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 am

Yeah nice Lajcak! Welcome back after all these years! cheers
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:03 am

Wow and what a return! Smile They look excellent! Also @ lockie - FJ would probably be more fitting as 'elite' German infantry for later war scenarios, instead of the Gebirgsjager/mountain troops Smile

Lajcak

Post by Lajcak on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Comrades, I have been around all those years Smile I have to confess that I admire your hard work you guys put into STA mod. Amazing!

Unfortunately, I am short on time thus all my SF projects (seasons mods including new flora models; environment mod including reskinned buildings, accessories, obstacles, etc.; and infantry mods) have not been finished yet.

Screens with FJ are taken from an early war German mod for 1941-42 spring/summer/early fall missions. I changed all SS and Gebirgsjagers to FJ (the plan was also produce a separate mod that would change all German units to SS. And not to mention Afrikakorps, German winter uniforms, Red Army mod...). The mod includes lots of new skins (M36, M40, M41 tunics, panzer uniforms, etc.) and objects (new models of weapons, equipment, helmets and headgear, ranks, etc., all with the proper number of LODs). Yes, there is a lot of details you would hardly notice in a gameplay yet it gives sort of (historical) feeling and immersion Smile I hope that I will be able to finish and share with you this mod during next year, if you are interested (and all other work in progress, if also interested). It is for STA 1.2 version.

Best wishes,
    lajcak

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:51 am

Lajcak wrote:
    all my SF projects (seasons mods including new flora models; environment mod including reskinned buildings, accessories, obstacles, etc.; and infantry mods) have not been finished yet.
    It is a huge project! Shocked
    Personally, I'd like to get the weather mod "no snow", even if it is unfinished. I'll compile it and adjust to the current STA status.
    Thanks for screens sharing! gcat

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:54 pm

lockie wrote:I've found this beautiful 3D model Fallshirmjaeger.

Unfortunately, there is no ability in the game to use this unit. Parachute is out of the game. Though, it would be interesting to implement them in a specific mission, like capture fort Eben-Emael.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Eben-Emael

Hi Lockie !

Fallshirmjaeger are very interesting for Steel Fury, operating as regular or elite infantry !!!

They took part in very well  known battles, like in the battle of Normandy and the battle of the Ardennes.

In Wikipedia they say:

After mid-1944, Fallschirmjäger were no longer trained as paratroops due to Nazi Germany's deteriorating strategic situation, and fought as infantrymen. Near the end of the war, the series of new Fallschirmjäger divisions extended to thirteen on paper, with a reduction in quality in the later units.

The 1st Fallshirmjaeger Division was formed pre-war in 1938 and was the original 'elite' Fallschirmjäger unit. It was this unit that was responsible for all of the early German airborne victories. The division surrendered in Italy of 2 May 1945.

The 2nd Fallshirmjaeger Division was formed in early 1943 with a core of veterans from the 1st, fully trained it was also considered to be an 'elite' formation. It fought with distinction in Ukraine in late 1943. In 1944 the division fought in western France, taking part in the Battle of Carentan and around Saint Lo. The majority of the division was then cut off and surrounded in Brest and took part in the Battle for Brest, with ended with German surrender of the city in September 1944.

The 3rd and 4th Fallshirmjaeger divisions were formed in late 1943, around a core of veterans from the 1st and 2nd. The 4th also contained Italian paratroopers from the 184th Airborne Division Nembo. The divisions fought on the Western Front and in Italy. The 3rd fought the Normandy Campaign and was cut off and nearly destroyed in the Falaise Pocket in August 1944. It was then reformed and saw action during the Battle of Arnhem, eventually surrendering to US troops in April 1945. The 4th fought exclusively on the Italian front including the Battle of Anzio, Rome and on the Gothic Line. It surrendered to Allied forces in April 1945.

The 5th, 6th and 7th Fallshirmjaeger divisions were formed in 1944 in France and fought on the western front as regular infantry. The 5th was the last division to receive near full Fallschirmjäger training and was one of the few German units to achieve its objectives during the Battle of the Bulge. The 6th and 7th had an overall mixed combat performance. The 5th was largely captured in the Ruhr Pocket in April 1945, the 6th and 7th surrendered at the wars end in May.

The 8th, 9th and 10th were Fallschirmjäger by name only, formed in 1945 from a disparate collection of Luftwaffe units, including ground crews. The 8th fought in the Netherlands before being destroyed in the Ruhr Pocket. The 9th fought in the Battle of the Seelow Heights and in the Battle of Berlin before being destroyed in April 1945, the 10th survived until their surrender to Soviet forces in May 1945. The 11th, 20th and 21st were divisions on paper only; never fully formed, they saw no combat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirmj%C3%A4ger#World_War_II

There are very famous photographs of soldiers of the 3rd Fallshirmjaeger division in the Kampfgrupper Peiper during the battle of the Ardennes:

http://www.fjr5.es/articulos/fallschirmjager-regiment-5-in-unternehmen-wacht-am-rhein/

And see 0:23 and 2:47 in this video:

I think Fallshirmjaegers are a very interesting addition for Steel Fury !!! cheers cheers cheers

Txema

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:58 pm

And wellcome back, lajcak !!!

Very nice screenshots. Looking forward to your mods !!!

Txema

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:27 pm