Latest topics

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by lockie Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» The Sun Comes Up, the Sun Goes Down
by woofiedog Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm

» Variants of the "Sherman"
by mechanic Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm

» The Soviet Story
by Tanker Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm

» Легкий танк Т-50/Light tank T-50
by will73 Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

» Lieutenant Z. Kolobanova "To Stand to the Death!" Battle of Voiskovitsy
by frinik Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 am

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

» Video from SF
by geoweb35 Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

txt_tn file for Pz IV F1 and F2

KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

txt_tn file for Pz IV F1 and F2

Post by KurtTank on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Greetings!

Where is the txt_tn file for Pz IV F1 and F2? I want to modify the text, but it is not in STA_units in the stock root game folder, STA mod, or any of the updates. I tried adding the line txt_tn_pz4f1() { Pz. IV Ausf. F1;}   in STA_units, but it didn't change the unit name in the game when I hover the curser over it. It shows:

Here is the line that I have in STA_units: txt_med_htank2_wer() { 1x Pz IV F1 (Dk Gray Chamo) ; }//original STA:

but the text between {} doesn't show up in the units list as that, instead it shows as:

Is it listed in some secret location? confused

KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Re: txt_tn file for Pz IV F1 and F2

Post by KurtTank on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Found it another text file, loc_kit! Now, how do I delete this post???

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:25 pm

KurtTank wrote:
    Where is the txt_tn file for Pz IV F1 and F2? I want to modify the text, but it is not in STA_units in the stock root game folder, STA mod, or any of the updates.
    It's easy deal Wink There is no any secretrs anymore, since STA Community put their hands on the modding process Wink (Hope the same one will be with the other GT games like SABOW).
    There is default file for the original GT units. It is:
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\text\loc_kit.text

I've to say in STA3.x the text modding is a bit advanced, coz now the game read the first block from archive then plain text. It does the d/l process is a bit faster.

I tried adding the line txt_tn_pz4f1() { Pz. IV Ausf. F1;}   in STA_units, but it didn't change the unit name in the game when I hover the curser over it. It shows:
    If u want to change the name of the original units then u've two choices:
    1. edit original text file
    2. edit the name of the unit in the common_units then place the new name in the original Kurt_units.text.
    I see that u're abt. to release the new mod for SF? soccer happy cheers2

KurtTank wrote:
    Found it another text file, loc_kit! Now, how do I delete this post???
    No need to delete. I think it's useful info for the other users.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Released the unit additions on 11/12/2016 here.
    4shared.com/zip/Za8nMhNfce/111216_common_units_and_STA_un.html

I am still adding more every day, and would like to add Soviet additions later. For now it's only the German side.

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Very good work Kurt. I can easily imagine the amount of time you must have spent time doing it in the past but very limited fashion.

Just a couple of observations:

1) you should consider separating the various entries in the ME. Like Tiger 1 units and undernaeth list all the combos , the entry Tiger II units & list all the combos etc. Otherwise the sheer number of combinations that you have created makes it very difficult an time consuming to find what you want or need. This increases the risk of errors too.

You should do a light version of your mod with less combinations. May be I'll do it.

3) There are some errors;

1) I tried entering 3 Tiger I SS untis and it defaults to 3 Tiger 1 H Grey instead.

Likewise the 3 Tiger I Tan camo units does not work it jumps to the 2 units instead.

I noticed some duplications in the Tiger II with Panther Ausf G list.

Nevertheless what you have achieved is tremendous. In your honour I have rechristened one of my installations: STA 2.1 Ausf . Kurt.Smile

I have created a mod stu yle folder for your work./Once I correct it I will post it on file 4 share.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:43 pm

frinik wrote:Very good work Kurt. I can easily imagine the amount of time you must have spent time doing it in the past but very limited fashion.

Hours!

frinik wrote:Just a couple of observations:

1) you should consider separating the various entries in the ME. Like Tiger 1 units and undernaeth list all the combos , the entry Tiger II units & list all the combos etc. Otherwise the sheer number of combinations that you have created makes it very difficult an time consuming to find what you want or need. This increases the risk of errors too.

Yes, it is a matter of interpretation. I personally like all combinations of units for the main tank to be in the same area, rather than in Mixed units. I think it's easier to find.

frinik wrote:You should do a light version of your mod with less combinations. May be I'll do it.

That would be good. I know what I did is overkill for most, but I like the sheer number of possibilities! cheers

frinik wrote:3) There are some errors;

Of course!  There were many I found initially, and I went through it pretty thoroughly and assigned completely new numbers so the game doesn't confuse them and default, but I wondered if I got them all. Apparently not! Smile

frinik wrote:1) I tried entering 3 Tiger I SS untis and it defaults to 3 Tiger 1 H Grey instead.

Likewise the 3 Tiger I Tan camo units does not work it jumps to the 2 units instead.

I noticed some duplications in the Tiger II with Panther Ausf G list.

Hmmm, didn't catch those....I had completely redone the whole list fro STA 1.0 common_units and STA_units. I didn't find the original files in loc_kit until a few days ago...

frinik wrote:]Nevertheless what you have achieved is tremendous. In your honour I have rechristened one of my installations:  STA 2.1 Ausf . Kurt.Smile

Thanks! santa

frinik wrote:I have created a mod stu yle folder for your  work./Once I correct it I will post it on file 4 share.

Great! rendeer

KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 pm

frinik wrote:3) There are some errors;

1) I tried entering 3 Tiger I SS untis and it defaults to 3 Tiger 1 H Grey instead.

These are all STA errors that I left alone because I thought if I changed them it would make my new mod incompatible. Note that in my STA_units I have identified every original STA entry as:     //original STA...........so, I wanted so badly to correct them, but was concerned about the conflict with preexisting missions.
    Here are the original entries from STA 1.0:

//Tiger I H (Lt Tan Chamo) DONE
    txt_tn_tiger()        { Pz. VI Ausf. H "Tiger I" ; }
    txt_med_htann1_wer()        { 1x Tiger I H (Lt Tan Chamo); }//original STA
    txt_med_platoon_htann4a_wer() { 2x Tiger I H (Lt Tan Chamo); }//original STA
    txt_med_platoon_htann4_wer() { 3x Tiger I H (Lt Tan Chamo); }//original STA

frinik wrote:I noticed some duplications in the Tiger II with Panther Ausf G list.

I checked that out, but didn't have any conflicts with Tiger II when I went through the Panther list. Specifics? I have found so far the only conflicts are the original STA files which I did not correct. Whew, it was a mess trying to add to STA_units with those errors present. I leave them to you to fix, lol! sunny

frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Sorry I did not my self clear. By separating I did not suggest putting them with the mixed units but simply separating each type of tank :

Like TIger I entries: below you list all the variants
    Tiger II entries:
    List all the variants

Etc. I'll do it and show you what I mean!

Otherwise it's really great>I have modified osme of the existing missions in game with your combinations and they work fine but only with STYA 2.1 and 3.1 .With STA 2.0 it does not work.

Love it !!! Thanks!
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 pm

frinik wrote:Sorry I did not my self clear. By separating I did not suggest putting them with the mixed units but simply separating each type of tank :

Like TIger I entries: below you list all the variants
    Tiger II entries:
    List all the variants

Etc. I'll do it and show you what I mean!

Hmm, in my STA_units file here is an example of the separation, so I'm not sure what you mean. Each type of tank with variations such as paint job, is separated from others:

//Jagdtiger
    txt_tn_jagdtiger() { Panzerjager Tiger Ausf. B "Jagdtiger"; }
    txt_shell_pzgr39_44() { 12,8mm PzGr. 40/43; }
    txt_shell_sprgr_44() { 12,8mm SprGr. L/50; }
    txt_gun_flak36() { PAK 44 ; }

//Jagdtiger (Striped Chamo w/Cockpit)
    txt_med_hspg3_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger (Striped Chamo w/Cockpit); }//original STA

//Jagdtiger (Spotted Chamo)
    txt_med_hspg1_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo); }//original STA
    txt_med_platoon_hspg1_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo); }//original STA
    txt_med_platoon_hspg2_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo); }//original STA
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3a_wer() { 5x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo); }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3b_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 2x 44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3c_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 2x 44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3d_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 2x 44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3e_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 3x 44 inf squads; }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3f_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat inf; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3g_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat inf; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3h_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat inf; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3i_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat inf; }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3j_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3k_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3l_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3m_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger (Spot Chamo) + 44 plat apc gren; }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3n_wer() { 2xJagdtiger+4xPantherG+4xStuG+2x44platinf; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3o_wer() { 4xJagdtiger+4xJagdpanther+4xJagdpanzerIV; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3p_wer() { 3xJagdtiger+4xJagdpanther+4xJagdpanzerIV+6xStuG; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3q_wer() { 1x Jagdtiger + 4x Jagdpanther; }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3r_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger + 2x Jagdpanther; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3s_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger + 4x Jagdpanther; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3t_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger + 4x Jagdpanther; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3u_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger + 4x Jagdpanther; }

txt_med_platoon_hspg3v_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger + 2x JagdpanzerIV; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3w_wer() { 2x Jagdtiger + 4x JagdpanzerIV; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3x_wer() { 3x Jagdtiger + 4x JagdpanzerIV; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3y_wer() { 4x Jagdtiger + 4x JagdpanzerIV; }

frinik wrote:Otherwise it's really great>I have modified osme of the existing missions in game with your combinations and they work fine but only with STYA 2.1 and 3.1 .With STA 2.0 it does not work.

Love it !!! Thanks!

Yeah, except for the original STA entries, mine seems to be compatible with every mission (at least with the MODs I have...not the most current). But how do we correct those errors mentioned in your previous post without making changes to the two files that would make them unplayable for some MODs? Seems we should correct the mistakes and then, as issues come up with a mission, change the mission entry instead of the STA_units and common_units. That's my vote anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am