May 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Calendar Calendar


    my mission

    Share

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:15 am

    I made a mission some might like to try. It needs finishing as I don't know how to do the write ups or make it end with mission success.
    An Infantry attack on a village held by Russian forces. You are in a heavy Sdkfz with gun which you can stand off and use to send many HE shells to targets. Don't get too near the trenches or a grenade will kill you.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jvD3VoRbCPdEk5NkY0Uk5qanc/view?usp=sharing



    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3478
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: my mission

    Post by lockie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:58 am

    fabianfred wrote:I made a mission some might like to try.
    Hi, Fabianfred
    I've tied to start the mission and failed on 99% It is definitely the lack of memory. When I checked out the script I saw 12(!) infantry platoon! WOW!  affraid
    My oldie, goody Athlon can't hold so many units Scared
    There should be no more than 4-6 infantry platoon on the polygon or be prepare to CTD or terrible freezes.
    Also I'd like to note that casual player (90% at my point) don't want to be bothered with mission pack/unpack etc. User prefer to start the game with one click.
    That's why I've prepared the sample how it should look like and be installed. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff9iwku2vpzb6ru/v01_mission_XMF07_Glug.rar

    Installation:
    1. STA 1.2
    2. 4GB patch
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. fixSTA1.2_June2016
    7. v01_mission_XMF07_Glug
    8. Any Weather Mod (optional)

    Start the game->Users mission->Mission name

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:19 pm

    Thanks for your time, trouble and advice. With IL2 sturmovik I liked big missions too lol.
    So this just goes into the MODS folder does it and you activate it there?

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:25 pm

    What is the easy way to make a duplicate of a mission under a new name so that you can swap sides or units as a player?

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:26 pm

    I just noticed that there are playable Katyushkas. Are there any instructions on their use anywhere?
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3478
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: my mission

    Post by lockie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:34 pm

    fabianfred wrote:So this just goes into the MODS folder does it and you activate it there?
    Yes, just install and play.

    fabianfred wrote:What is the easy way to make a duplicate of a mission under a new name so that you can swap sides or units as a player?
    Create the new mission, then replace the content of the new files with already prepared(old ones). Start ME and make all necessary adjustments in the new mission.

    fabianfred wrote:I just noticed that there are playable Katyushkas. Are there any instructions on their use anywhere?
    It has drum gunsight. How to use it here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury
    21. Q. How do i use the "drum" gun-sight?



    Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2014-07-26

    Re: my mission

    Post by Txema on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:58 pm

    Lockie, fabianfred,

    Perhaps we could add a link to the youtube tutorial for the mission editor by fabianfred, to our post about SF editing here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t8-faq-sf-editing

    The youtube tutorial by fabianfred is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOUa6qvfYi8

    Is it OK for you, fabianfred?


    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 pm

    yes no problem..it is meant to be easily available.

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:15 pm

    lockie wrote:

    fabianfred wrote:What is the easy way to make a duplicate of a mission under a new name so that you can swap sides or units as a player?
    Create the new mission, then replace the content of the new files with already prepared(old ones). Start ME and make all necessary adjustments in the new mission.


    So there is no quick and easy way... just editing the Levels and Scripts files with Notepad then.

    fabianfred

    Posts : 14
    Join date : 2016-08-20

    Re: my mission

    Post by fabianfred on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:32 am

    Lockie, how did you prepare the file for JSGME from the datapack? Is there an external unpacker one can use to get the scripts from?
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3478
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: my mission

    Post by lockie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 am

    fabianfred wrote:
    So there is no quick and easy way... just editing the Levels and Scripts files with Notepad then.
    I'd recommend Notepad++

    fabianfred wrote:Lockie, how did you prepare the file for JSGME from the datapack? Is there an external unpacker one can use to get the scripts from?
    I compiled manually all files for JSGME. There is no any external unpacker.

    Sponsored content

    Re: my mission

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 11:29 pm