MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

STA3.2 version

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: STA3.2 version

Post by lockie on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am

Three missions on the polygon Bliznovo by Deviator are ready!
    I've played the third mission "Big Boss" and was really impressed with this tank!
    Lady and Gentleman, I'd like to announce the most ugliest and in the same time the most charming tank - M3 "General Lee"!  gcat

This tank has two guns/MGs and 6 crew-members. In the game u may choose only 5 places. The 6 is unavailable to pick up, coz game SF was not organized for such quantity of the tankers. Tank doesn't has a cockpit. So, if someone has a gift in 3D modeling then be my guest!
    So, what the paces do we have?
    F1 - driver. This place as a usual one. Nothing changed. There is one frontal hatch, which driver may open/close.

F2 - gunner. Has two sights, one hatch and may shoot from one gun with ability to choose any type of the shell.

F3 - commander. Has one MG, two sight with caps and one hatch. Commander may shoot from MG even, if he is in unbuttoned position.

F4 - loader N1. He has one MG, one hatch and one door. In unbuttoned position both hatch and door are opened. Hatch and door equipped with a sight.

F5 - mgunner. This place haws an unusual role. MGgunner has under control the gun 37mm with only AP shells available and one MG. Unfortunately, nobody know how to make a choice to pick the other type of the shell for the gun. Also, AI may do it! But user can't. MGunner has one hatch, which he may see through out. hatch and gun equipped with sights.

F6 - loader N2. This is unavailable to chose for user. But u can do it in the config file. Make a change:
    wp_decode = wp_driver, wp_gunner, wp_commander, wp_loader, wp_mgunner, wp_loader2;
    on
    wp_decode = wp_driver, wp_gunner, wp_commander, wp_loader, wp_loader2, wp_mgunner;
    Loader N2 has one hatch and door equipped with a sights.

Mission takes a while in time, but a very intensive! I'd call it as an easy walking, coz Soviet side has a big superiority and there is no tanks confrontation. All u need is just move and shoot the enemy infantry and guns. user has three M3 under his control, but don't be bothered abt. them.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Yes the Lee, or Grant as the British army called it, was a dominant tank in the desert in early to mid 1942.  I think it's main gun out ranged everything the Germans had except the 88mm gun.

I guess it's not possible to fire both the 37mm and the 75mm guns as the gunner?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 am

Tanker wrote:I think it's main gun out ranged everything the Germans had except the 88mm gun.
    I think Grant is better, coz it is a tank. 88mm gun is a defence weapon.

I guess it's not possible to fire both the 37mm and the 75mm guns as the gunner?
    It's possible, but it won't be realistic. Grant/Lee had two gunners. If u still interesting I may tell u how to enable such feature.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 pm

lockie wrote:
    Tanker wrote:I think it's main gun out ranged everything the Germans had except the 88mm gun.
    I think Grant is better, coz it is a tank. 88mm gun is a defence weapon.

It's possible, but it won't be realistic. Grant/Lee had two gunners. If u still interesting I may tell u how to enable such feature.

Will the AI fire as two gunners?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:01 am

Tanker wrote:Will the AI fire as two gunners?
    I think yes. U may highlite the target and then two guns will shoot at it. One is user's another is AI. At this moment there are three missions available. Hope in the future there will be more ones or even a Campaign.

First tank T-34-85 with cockpit already implemented and will be available in AprUpd 2017 STA3.1!
    It's mod. spring 1944

There are another two mod. on the way:
    mod. autumn 1944 (all-metal wheels)
    mod. spring 1945 (with anti-panzerfaust screens)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Gentlemen, I'd like to announce that a first mission with a completely new T-34-85 plus cockpit is ready!
    I've to tell that a cockipt is absolutely amazing! U've a real feeling that u're siiting inside the steel box and u're ready to crush everything!
    Mission is short, but a VERY FURY! It was added to Campaign "Weapon of victory".

This time 9x T-34-85 try to have a deal with 6x Tigers at default "5" balance! Well, I have to confess I couldnot get a victory at the "5" balance Smile
    But at the "4" - it was an easy walk! I've got three Tigers!
    There are some screens.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Gentlemen, I've a good news! Now T-34/85+cockpit+ekran is in the game mod STA3.1! I'll re-adjust some missions to add this beautiful model to them!

The next 3D model with a cockpit will be Panther ausf. D!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:04 am

Another two missions are ready on the polygon Bliznovo!  drink
    At this moment  six missions prepared for the RKKA side.
    32. Sweet Little R'N'Roller, 05.06.42, (М3A1/Stuart)
    33. Whole lotta Matilda! 05.06.1942, (Мк.II "Matilda")

Both of them are moderate difficulty. Playing for the Stuart u should find an ambush inside the garden, then shoot at stupid AI.
    "Matilda" is more stronger tank and the mission is a bit unusual. U've to destroy three enemy MG nests to provide the infantry offensive. Be advised, don't give the enemy a chance to shoot at the side of the tank.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Tank Pz.III ausf.M is already in the game! It'll be available in STA3.1 AprUpd. Would be nice to make a specific mission for this tank, ie. smth with granade launcher presented.

Also, there should be a new texture camo. The plain grey camo will be moved into mod "Grey color 1941".
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:20 am

Two new missions added to GMP4.10! This time polygon Bliznovo was organized for the German side.
    34. Shot in the dark, 05.06.1942, 20:30 (Pz.IV/F1)
    35. Bliznovsky, 05.06.1942, 20:30 (Pz.III ausf.J)

Both missions are equal at their tasks:
    - attack and capture the area
    Mission with Pz.IV/F1 is more harder, coz this tank is almost useless against M3 Lee. Also, pay attention it's getting evening and the enemy units wont be a very clear recognizable. Anyway, somehow u should try to win!  viking
    Use the nearest garden to hide the tank.
    Mission with Pz.III/J is more easy, coz we've 50mm long barrel and may easily penetrate through the enemy tanks, like M3/M3A1 Stuart.
    BUT be prepared to meet T-34 and KV-1! I wanted to put the newest tank Pz.III ausf.M in the mission, but this tank started production only in SEP 1942. So, I left the unit replacing at the user's choice Wink happy  Cool
    All missions are available in AprUpd 2017.

Briefing:

Initial situation:
    5th July 1942, the German 4th Panzer Division, 35th Panzer-Regiment, Voronezh area. The Soviet units of the 68th Tank Brigade together with the 1146th Infantry Regiment of the 342nd Infantry Division managed to capture our defensive positions at the area of the villages Palyonka and Bliznovsky.
    Combat order:
    521st Infantry Regiment of the 296th Infantry Division together with 35th Panzer-Regiment of the 4th Panzer Division breakthrough the enemy's defence and recapture the village Bliznovsky!
    Your Task:
    You are Lieutenant Helmut Kauermann. There are three tanks Pz.III ausf. J under your command.
    You have to:
    1. Attack and recapture the village Bliznovsky!
    Callsigns:
    HQ is OAK
    Main group is TIGER
    Your platoon is WOLF
    Reconnaissance:
    According to the recce data the enemy 68th Tank Brigade is armed with a tanks T-34 and KV-1.
    Artillery Support:
    Fire missions will be launched against enemy units in the Bliznovsky area.
    Air Support:
    The Luftwaffe will cover offense of our troops and will attack an enemy positions on the area of the village Bliznovsky.

Commander of the 4th Panzer Division General der Panzertruppe Heinrich Eberbach
    Commander of the 35th Panzer-Regiment Oberst Hermann von Oppeln-Bronikowski
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am

The new mission devoted to Japan side is on the way! bounce  The name is "05. Over Baintsagan Hill, JUL 1939 (Type 97 Chi-Ha)"

This time brave Second Lieutenant Mitsusone Yamata Tenno tasked to protect the defence area, which Japan forces captured at the morning. User has three tanks Ch-Ha (equipped with a very weak 57mm barrel) under his control and should destroy all RKKA tanks to get a victory!
    The mission has a moderate level of difficult and it's possible to finish it successfully, if user wont be a hero  soccer viking

User's tanks must move to the area of defence.

The common plan of the mission.

Japan presented with a newly designed pillboxes, ATG 37mm, mortars and trenched infantry.
    RKKA, depends on the balance, has a tanks BT-5/7, T-38, APC BA-10 with infantry and aviation I-15bis. The mission is now at the stage of adjusting to find a reasonable balance of the forces and scripting adjusting.
    There are some screens.
    Initial position of the Japan defence area.

RKKA at the starting position and during attack. T-38 crosses the river.

This is battle in the defence area

Japan ATR 20mm is a weak weapon even against BT-5/7.

K_Panther

Post by K_Panther on Sat May 06, 2017 11:55 am

Hi all,

Did not find the texture for Pz. III ausf L. He's in my black camouflage. There is no texture in STA 3.1 and u01_AprUpd_2017.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 06, 2017 1:10 pm

K_Panther wrote:Did not find the texture for Pz. III ausf L. He's in my black camouflage. There is no texture in STA 3.1 and u01_AprUpd_2017.
    Could u enclose the screen with a "black camouflage" of the Pz.III/L? This tank was tested out properly and until now there were no complains. That's smth. strange. Suppose, u've a wrong installation. Anyway, let's have a look on the screenshot first.

K_Panther

Post by K_Panther on Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 pm

In folder : "\textures\techn\tanks\medium" no files "techn_pz3l_c" and "tbump_pz3l_bump_c".
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 07, 2017 10:21 am

K_Panther wrote:In folder : "\textures\techn\tanks\medium" no files "techn_pz3l_c" and "tbump_pz3l_bump_c".
    The presence of the textures files in the folder "textures" doesn't matter. These files packed in archive. I don't understand why u've a black texture.
    Let's make some control steps:
    1. start the object editor, double click
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\0_edit_object.bat
    2. Press tab "File" and load PzIII/L
    Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\data\k42\loc_rus\go\techn\tanks\pz3l.go

For any case enclose the list of installation order.

Last edited by lockie on Mon May 15, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm

K_Panther,

Your screen does not have all the icons present in STA3.1. It seems that you have not installed properly STA 3.1?

K_Panther

Post by K_Panther on Tue May 09, 2017 3:32 pm

You're right. This screen from STA 2.3. In STA 3.1 i have a lot of braking when aiming. The equipment need i suffered in STA 2.3

The problem was helped me to solve:

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed May 10, 2017 4:19 am

K_Panther wrote:You're right. This screen from STA 2.3. In STA 3.1 i have a lot of braking when aiming.

Lockie,

I think K_Panther is experiencing problems in STA 3.1 because he needs the Keyboard init fix. Do you have a link to that fix to let K_Panther test it?

Txema

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed May 10, 2017 4:15 pm

I have found the mod released by Lockie some time ago to fix the problem with the input controls.

If you have problems with the input controls in STA 3.1, please install this mod:

4shared.com/rar/uYZUgV-Xba/v09_keyboard_init.html

Enable this mod last in the list. Then you have to create a new player's profile.

K_Panther, please, check the fix and report the results here !

Txema

K_Panther

Post by K_Panther on Sat May 13, 2017 8:03 am

Thank you, fix helped. Remained minor hanging when hovering.

K_Panther

Post by K_Panther on Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 am

Hi.

Tell me please, in STA 3.1 anti-aliasing enabled? I tried to disable it in file "...\u01_AprUpd_2017\data\k42\loc_rus\config" put value:

i_smooth:smooth()
    //сглаживание изображения
    enable = 0;

It did not help me. How else can I disable anti-aliasing?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 am

Finally, the last mission on the base of polygon Blizna is ready!  bounce In total we've 12 missions!

This time under user's control will be Sd.Kfz.251/10 and missions is kinda reconnaissance.
    It is darkest night. Before the common attack user's APC must find a soviet artillery battery consist of the 122mm howitzer and destroy them! In this task a scout squad will help to define a target and highlight the place with a flares. When the howitzers will be destroyed the control phrase is THE STORK FLEW AWAY!

This is discovered howitzer. Destroy it!

When my APC joined to the common attack I've managed to destroy the enemy tank M3 Lee with 37mm gun! I executed 27 shots! Fighting
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 am

The new mod "Hits effect" by Leo K is presented!
    D/l link on the first page.
    This mod replace the default hits texture on the new one.
    In the initial release a default bump texture were re-worked.
    This mod is compatible with all STA's versions.

Install after the main mod STAX.X, ie:
    1. SSM2.6
    2. Polygons v.1.0
    3. STA3.1
    4. vSFg hits effect v.1.0
    5. 4Gb patch See details
    5. Current update
    6. Current monitor aspect (5:4 or 16:9)
    7. Weather mod (optional)

Details:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t931-effects-new-textures-experiments
    Deviator
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Deviator on Wed May 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Вось такі пацешны баг праскочыў.Танкіст на брані-забіты.Пасля правяраў,перад атакай ўсе знаходзіліся на сваіх месцах.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:56 am

Here's a new May 2017 update!

What's news:
    - fixed minor bugs in the mission "The last Panther's roar"
    - fixed mission N3 Campaign "Weapon of the victory"
    - fixed bug with commander sight on T-34/85
    - all missions of the Campaign "Weapon of the victory"(T-34/85) are greatly re-designed(added video, briefing, map symbols etc and improved the AI scripts
    - added mission N10 to Campaign "Weapon of the victory"
    - fixed MG plane K-27
    - fixed minor bugs Pz.VI/B "King Tiger", texture updated
    - fixed cockpit T-34/57
    - corrected all history notes of the GMP's (thanks to Frinik)
    - the scripts of some missions were improved and fixed
    - updated and optimized polygon nta_town_battle
    - added buildings: "Church Ortodox", "Farm Hotel"
    - added two new missions to the GMP4.1:
    36. Palyonka, 05.06.1942, 03:30 (Pz.III ausf.J(cz))
    37. Kabala, 06.06.1942, 01:00 (Sdkfz 251/10 ausf.C)

D/l links are on the first page.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm