» 2.3 sta troubleshooting
by cftaurus Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 pm

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm

» STA2.3 version
by mechanic Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 am

» New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)
by Glushak Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:26 pm

» how to import a 3d tank model and make it playable ?
by mechanic Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:40 am

» Ukrainian armor
by lockie Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 am

» Missions by Deviator (Місії ад Девіатора)
by Deviator Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 am

September 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)

Post by lockie on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Шикарна робота! А яка це буде модифікація IV чи V?
    Great work! What the modification suppose to be IV or V? (I'm not good at "Cromvell" variations Smile
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:49 am

Шикарна робота! А яка це буде модифікація IV чи V?
    Great work! What the modification suppose to be IV or V? (I'm not good at "Cromvell" variations

Робиться модифікація танку "Cromvell"  МКIV корпус С
    Ось трохи скрінів- башта всередині 75% готовності (залишились каністри з водою, ящики з патронами, міномет), в корпусі готовий тільки кулемет, прилади бачення, внутрішні поверхні люків.

will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Башта  "Cromvell"  МКIV  завершена, залишилося добавити деталей в середину корпусу
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:03 pm

ШИКАРНО! Я в захваті від нового кокпіту! Наразі тре зробити бодай декілько місій для цього танчику! На жаль, я дуже слабко орієнтуюсь у діях британців під час WW2. Хіба що Африка?
    This is excellent work with a new cockpit! I need new stories abt "Cromvell" tank to make a new missions! Suppose, Africa battles would be fine, any details would be appreciated!
    I'd like to remind that the main idea of this tank is - providing mission "Viller-Bocage".

dukling

Post by dukling on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Добре б нарешті місію з Вітману і з Кромвелем зробити! Very Happy
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 am

Кромвель MkIV (1lod)
    Виїхав з цеху на налаштування.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Beautiful!

Only suggestions;

1. get rid of tanker's helmets at each corner of the turret. They look really odd, like they are part of the tank. And in action, the crew would be wearing them, not leaving them hanging off the outside.

2. Change the crew uniforms from black to khaki. Black isn't good for later war.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:56 pm

33lima wrote:1. get rid of tanker's helmets at each corner of the turret.
    NO WAY!
    It looks exactly as it should be! It gives a life to the tank! have a look at other tanks, they are just from the shop. No any slightly signs of the life.
    I'd recommend to will73 put on a gun and other junk on the turret.

PS
    I may tell u how easily get rid off from the any objects from the tank. Just open appropriate config file of the tank, find entry:
    notrace()
    i.e. for the Firefly: m4a4firefly.engcfg
    and remark with // any unnecessary at er point objects:
    notrace()
    {
    //        d_canister;
    d_decoration;
         d_crew_protection;
    // d_antenna;
    d_light_01;
    d_light_02;
    // d_light_03;
    d_light_04;
    d_light_05;
    d_tool_01;
    d_tool_02;
    //        d_tool_03;
           d_dec_turret;
           d_stopor;
           d_skatka_01;
           d_skatka_02;
           d_skatka_03;

}

33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 pm

I can show you twice as many online pics of Cromwells that did not have the tanker's helmets hanging from those places on the turret.

Yes let's have some external stowage, but only a few Cromwells should have helmets slung off the turret and they should not always be in the same place.

Plus, before going into action, the crew would be likely to put on their helmets.

this is a good look for a Cromwell, extra camouflage nets to break up the outline, just some external stowage (and not all helmets!).

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 pm

33lima wrote:I can show you twice as many online pics of Cromwells that did not have the tanker's helmets hanging from those places on the turret.
    I've already showed u the helmets on the turrets Wink

Yes let's have some external stowage, but only a few Cromwells should have helmets slung off the turret and they should not always be in the same place.
    Of course, helmet will not be always on the turret! These objects has a probability of appearing. I.e., we've three helmets oh the turret:
    - helmet#1 will appear with 63% probability
    - helmet#2 will appear with 47% probability
    - helmet#3 will appear with 34% probability
    As u can see, it's almost impossible to get all helmets on the one tank. But sometimes u may see a helmet or even two.

Plus, before going into action, the crew would be likely to put on their helmets.
    I think these helmets were somekind of amulets. Well, I may try to find German helmets on the British tanks and British helmets on the German tanks.

That's a museum exhibit Smile

This picture perhaps was taken from comics Smile

That's a real one, but I can hardly say anything, coz I don't see anything Wink
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 pm

lockie wrote:

That's a real one, but I can hardly say anything, coz I don't see anything Wink

You can't see anything in that last picture??? That just proves how well camouflaged that Cromwell is Smile

The full-size pic is here:

http://postimg.org/image/5e2rlh6vn/

It is one of several pictures taken of a Cromwell regiment in Normandy in the summer of 1944. Some of these pictures are in the 'Panzer Colours' series book by Squadron Signal, 'D-Day to Normandy'. The interesting thing is the use of camouflage nets draped around the fronts and turrets of all the Cromwells and around the unit's M-10s or Wolverine tank destroyers (one of these is behind and right of the nearest Cromwell in the pic, with its turret traversed to the rear - if you can't see it, that's because the camouflage is so good Smile

The use of such camouflage was very common on British AFVs in WW2 and continues to this day.

The model photo is similar but shows the use of strips of hessian fabric, which is another popular source of camouflage in the British Army, then and now. It is realistic!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 pm

33lima wrote:The use of such camouflage was very common on British AFVs in WW2 and continues to this day.
    I think, it's possible to add camo net to the tank, but it'll be just a candy, coz AI doesn't care abt. camo. I'll ask will73 what he thinks abt. additional 3d model "camo net" and its probability of appearing.
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Робота по Кромвелю продовжується.

Каски, зараз рандом -50% (всі в кучі).
    Чому в кучі, бо каски або були- або не було зовсім, всередину вони не влазили, там внутрішнє компонування дуже щільне, тому каски не з доброго дива ззовні возили.
    Відносно маскувальної сітки- 65 тисяч вершин для моделі на всі 3лоди ніхто не відміняв, тут і так кругле квадратним приходиться робити щоб влізти в ліміт.
    Сітка на танк мінімум обійдеться в 9-10 тисяч вершин (1лод)+ 3-4 тисячі (2 лод)+ 1 тисяча (3 лод)це загально мінімум 13- 15 тисяч вершин.
    Так що зараз проблема тільки в ліміті трикутників.
    I keep on going to work with Cromvell.
    Why the helmets were paced outside? This is because they didn't have appropriate place inside turret, because of the very tight inside planning, thus no wonder the helmets carried out on the turret.
    As for "camo net", well there is nobody give us permission to use more than 65000 vertexes to the all 3 LOD's. I've to be a square to look as a round to get inside to the model limits.
    "Camo net" will take ~10-9000 triangles(this is 1 LOD) + ~3-4000(2 LOD)+ ~1000(3 LOD). Let's say, we've additional 13-15000 triangles.
    So, that's a problem to get over the triangles limit.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Can't we just use paint camo then???
    This looks nice:
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/gb/Infantry_Tanks/Churchill/Churchill_Mk-IV_Tunisia_1943.png&imgrefurl=http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/gb/A22_Churchill_Tank.php&h=254&w=657&tbnid=oRORQ1S6when_M:&zoom=1&docid=M6twgsKU1CJUnM&ei=6w9BVcq_N-Xm7gbKsoGABQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CFIQMygoMCg
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:40 pm

frinik wrote:Can't we just use paint camo then???
    That's excellent idea! The question is - who will be involved to make a new texture-camo?
    The last one was made by whukid a long time ago. It does - nobody care what the texture is or don't want to be bothered with Very Happy
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't want to be a nuisance over what is a lovely model (and looks much better, if only some Cromwells have helmets stowed outside the turret).

I hope only some Cromwells will have the deep wading trunk on the rear. These seem to have started disappearing from Cromwells, from soon after D-Day, getting more and more rare.

The crew figures still look like 1920s or 1930s Royal Tank Regiment. They would look much better if:

1. They were lower in the turret, just head out or head and shoulders. Even hatches open, the crew in SF tanks should look like they are in action, not on a victory parade or a route march...a bit like this:

This is I think one of the things Zeewolf fixes in his T-34 v- Tiger mod - the stock Tiger commander looks like he is posing for a photograph, but Zeewolf puts him just head out, like he would be, in action, when opened up.

2. The crew really, REALLY need khaki overalls, NOT black, for WW2.

3. They should have headphones, like this guy (he is a bit high in his turret - but at least his pose doesn't look like he is in a parade!):

will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Приціл для Кромвеля No.50 x 1.9 Mk IS
    Всі танки фарбувались в колір "Khaki Drab"  
    або "Bronze Green"
    зимою- в білий колір

Командир в люку.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Regarding helmets, I believe I read in "Tigers In the Mud", that Otto Carius said that he and most tankers regarded steel helmets as a hinderance while in the tank and never wore them.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Tanker wrote:Regarding helmets, I believe I read in "Tigers In the Mud", that Otto Carius said that he and most tankers regarded steel helmets as a hinderance while in the tank and never wore them.

I believe that, for the German Army infantry helmet. but British WW2 tankers had a special, rimless helmet, similar to that worn by British paratroopers (visually it was also similar to the motorcycle despatch rider's helmet, although the latter also had wide chinstraps).

Crews were fond of their regimental berets but in action, the tank commanders at least were not unlikely to have worn a helmet. Where a beret is worn, the crew member really should have headphones, which will hold the beret closer to the head - see the difference between the figure on the right and the one next to him:

will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Sun May 03, 2015 5:01 pm

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Шикарна робота!
    А в те є можливість записати відео з новим танчиком? Де показати, як він рухається, наводить гармату скрізь приціл і трошки роботу екіпажу кокпіту. Це так для реклами, тобто тізер. Звичайно, якщо ти знаєш як це зробити і є зацікавлення. В мого ПК такої нагоди точно немає.
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Mon May 04, 2015 12:24 am

В середині Кромвеля

А в те є можливість записати відео з новим танчиком? Де показати, як він рухається, наводить гармату скрізь приціл і трошки роботу екіпажу кокпіту. Це так для реклами, тобто тізер. Звичайно, якщо ти знаєш як це зробити і є зацікавлення. В мого ПК такої нагоди точно немає.
    Там кокпіту немає- це просто інтер'єр в самій моделі танку (ніяких рухомих деталей окрім гармати і кулемету), так що і ніякої візуальної роботи екіпажу немає, для цього потрібно робити повноцінний кокпіт з рухомими важелями, ручками, стрілками, добавити снаряди. Не має просто про що відео робить.
    Приціл зараз як в оригіналі- в ярдах пристріляний. Думаю залишити так- чи в метри переводити?
    Зробив карту броні, налаштував камери і екіпаж,
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 am

Скріни СУПЕР! Складається враження, що танчик має справжній кокпіт. Принаймні, є модель для майбутніх робот. Приціл полишай в ярдах, в рідмі буде помічено. Я коли робив перший приціл до М4А3/76 то зовсім не знав як цима ярдами користуватись, тож зробив все у метрах. Як ти примудрився перевести все в ярди, то навіть гадки не маю. Звичайно оригінальний приціл буде більш до теми. Цікаво буде пульнути димовою стрельнею і ще подивитись, як АІ буде цю стрельню використовувати. Я так думаю, що твій новий приціл стане еталоном для інших танкових ігор. Бо такої сітки ще ніхто не робив, так само як і у випадку з Panther F, коли ти намалював сітку стерео-дальноміру.

ПС
    Девіатор вже питає, коли буде готовий Кромвель, Smile В нього готовність місії та полігону на 90% Проте поспішати не варто.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 am

Great - interior views! And the crew uniforms are now Khahi, with the TC standing lower in the open hatch! Excellent!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri May 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Will73 decided to implement camo net.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 am