» il2 Sturmovik Stalingrad
by lockie Yesterday at 3:51 pm

» SF STA1.2 demo version?
by woofiedog Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:30 pm

» Video from SF
by geoweb35 Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:24 am

» How to get STA3.2 mod?
by lockie Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by lockie Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm

» The Sun Comes Up, the Sun Goes Down
by woofiedog Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New user here

rygaku

New user here

Post by rygaku on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 pm

I am a fan of tank sims and was playing SABOW for awhile now and decided to check out Steel Fury since i heard
    there is a active modding community though the version of SABOW i have is the newer on not considered the boxed
    version since it doesn't have much or any mods for it. I do love the WW2 tanks though and i thought hey this seems fun and i can
    mod it to have more tanks heck yes. Very Happy
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: New user here

Post by frinik on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:52 am

Wow! Your first sentence was so long that I was out of breath just reading it Shocked

Welcome to the community.Unlike SABOW this tank sim is indeed modded and alive. Very Happy

rygaku

Post by rygaku on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:26 am

Heh sorry about that i forgot to proof read before submitting. And i have to say i am enjoying the game so far but my question is i installed the STA 1 mod and a custom tank i have no idea what im doing so far. Since i wanted to use different tanks and such.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Ok first you need to do the training missions. In the game menu you will see driving and shooting tutorial missions. That would be  s a start to familiarise yourself with how the sim operates. Then move on to the campaigns or single missions. As far as using different tanks you will get trhat in the various campaigns, single missions and mission packs that come with STA 1..0. Do you have the game packs GMP 1, 2 and 3 downloaded, installed and enabled in the JSGME?

rygaku

Post by rygaku on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:32 pm

I have them downloaded and enabled so far i don't see them in the menu at all.
    Could it be because i have the English version of the game??

**i fixed it i had my mod load order wrong.

I noticed this issue when i'm playing i want my driver to stop the tank he wont listen or does a short stop.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:50 am

What key do press? Are you playing the role of the commander? The stop key is Q.

rygaku

Post by rygaku on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:34 am

i didn't know that i usually swap positions during a engagement i swap from commander to gunner.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:38 pm

rygaku wrote: i thought hey this seems fun and i can
    mod it to have more tanks heck yes. Very Happy
    Hi, rygaku
    U're welcome! cheers
    Modding SF it's a very interesting thing. Especially - creating new maps and missions. I've to note - STA mod already has many tanks (of course, it doesn't has all of them), thus new missions would be more preferable and appreciated by Community.
    Usually, the necessity of the new tanks exists only due to the mission requirements. I.e. u want to make the mission for the GBR and u need APC M3 equipped with 75mm gun.

Or u've idea to make the mission kinda chasing/racing. It does u need to make the new appropriate map and a new car, like GAZ M1. Let's say, it'll be smth. like - user has Kubelwaggen equipped with MG and he has to chase/seek and destroy the Soviet HQ car with important document or VIP.

As my point - making the model just for the modeling itself it's not a development, though it's a very interesting and exiting thing, when u'll see a personal 3D model in the game with a "live" status and ready for the action.

rygaku

Post by rygaku on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:00 pm

STA is really fun some of the tanks however their recitals are messed up if you swap to third person the tank is aiming backwards even when you are aiming its pointed forward. I think its a camera issue or i didn't download the fix.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:02 am

Aiming backwards??? Not sure what you mean by that? Which tank are you talking about? The KV -1? If it's the case just press the O key and you gunsight will be lined up with the gun again. It's because in early Soviet tanks the commander was also the loader so when you change position it reflects the commander switching seats.

rygaku

Post by rygaku on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:46 pm

i think it could be that because i had that issue with the IS2 and the ISU tanks on some missions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm