MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Greetings From New User

Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Greetings From New User

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Fri May 06, 2016 3:06 pm

New user and I'd like to try out these Mods, which one is considered released or which one do you suggest I try first? Been reading and downloaded a few items, trying to sort out what I need a password for and what I don't need a password for right now?

Is this the right choice?

1. SSM 2.3 (Steel Sound Mod)
    2. STA 1.0 Full
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. SepUpd_2015
    7. Any Weather Mod (optional)

Do I need to make a donation to use any of these Mods?
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Greetings From New User

Post by frinik on Sat May 07, 2016 3:40 am

Welcome to the forum and to the community!

Answering your first question yes the installation order looks correct. Have you tested it to see if it works? For STA 1.0 you don't need a password that m od is public and entirely free. For STA 2.0/2.1 I suggest you PM Lockie and ask. STA 1.0 is an excellent mod by the way and includes a lot of the stuff made. I use it on 2 installations.

No you are not obliged but if you can make a donation it would be appreciated as it will help pay for the cost of maintaining the forum and acquiring 3D objects required for new models and maps. Lockie, Will1973 and Deviator have been working hard for the community these last 6 years making hundreds of maps, new objects, missions and campaigns and dozens of new armoured vehicles and guns and infantry, adding new sound sand new effects. Just play the original base game and compare with STA 1.0 and the Sept Update and you'll see the amount of work that has been done. SO yes donate what you can  afford .No formal obligation may be just a moral one.  Wink
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Sat May 07, 2016 7:28 pm

frinik wrote:Welcome to the forum and to the community!

Answering your first question yes the installation order looks correct. Have you tested it to see if it works? For STA 1.0 you don't need a password that m od is public and entirely free. For STA 2.0/2.1 I suggest you PM Lockie and ask. STA 1.0 is an excellent mod by the way and includes a lot of the stuff made. I use it on 2 installations.

No you are not obliged but if you can make a donation it would be appreciated as it will help pay for the cost of maintaining the forum and acquiring 3D objects required for new models and maps. Lockie, Will1973 and Deviator have been working hard for the community these last 6 years making hundreds of maps, new objects, missions and campaigns and dozens of new armoured vehicles and guns and infantry, adding new sound sand new effects. Just play the original base game and compare with STA 1.0 and the Sept Update and you'll see the amount of work that has been done. SO yes donate what you can  afford .No formal obligation may be just a moral one.  Wink

Thanks for the reply, I am still downloading (hit my daily limit) but should be ready to go this weekend. Need a break from Warthunder and if this works out I have no issue making a donation.

S!
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Tue May 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Hail,

Installed and so far so good, once the Mods are loaded via JSGME does one turn up the graphics in the game interface, or are they already max'd?

S!
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed May 25, 2016 12:35 am

Akula_Osis_SC wrote:Hail,

Installed and so far so good, once the Mods are loaded via JSGME does one turn up the graphics in the game interface, or are they already max'd?

S!

You'll have to experiment based on your computer capabilities. I have mine maxed out (in Game Options) and it mostly works out okay if there aren't too many infantry in the mission. Make sure you get the 4G patch to enable more RAM.

Welcome to the game! cheers
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed May 25, 2016 4:42 am

Yes tell us what your specs are and I can tell you what graphic options can you try without turning your missions into a slow motion show. Wink

Steel Fury may be an old game but like Arma II for example it 's very demanding on the cpu and gpu.
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Wed May 25, 2016 1:49 pm

frinik wrote:Yes tell us what your specs are and I can tell you what graphic options can you try without turning your missions into a slow motion show. Wink

Steel Fury may be an old game but like Arma II for  example it 's very demanding on the cpu and gpu.

Here you go:

Win 7 64bit / i7-3930K @ 4.01 GHz X79 Chipset / Liquid Cooling / 16Gb's DDR3 RAM / GTX960 SuperSC 2.0+ 4Gb's / Intel SSD / 2x Seagate HDD RAID0 @ Sata 6GB's / TrackIR 4 with Track Clip / Pro Flight X-65F / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / TactX KB + Mouse
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Good specs although the graphic card is just average but good enough ..

Mine are lower intel i7 4700 HQ 2.4 ghtz, 16 GBs od ddr3 RAM, 2 TB of hd 7200 rpms, and a GTX860M  2 gb gddr5 gpu equivalent to a desktop 750 ti.

I play with native res 1920 X 1080 everything maxed out and I get 25 to 50 fps average depending on how infantry heavy a mission is.  Careful though Steel Fury does not react well when you try using Nvidia 's AA from the control panel. You must use Nvidia inspector.Here's a sticky about ti:

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t115-antialiasing

Last edited by frinik on Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 pm

frinik wrote:Good specs although the graphic card is just average but good enough 4702 2.4 ghtz.

Mine are lower intel i7 4700 HQ 2.4 ghtz, 16 GBs od ddr3 RAM, 2 TB of hd 7200 rpms, and a GTX860M  2 gb gddr5 gpu equivalent to a desktop 750 ti.

I play with native res 1920 X 1080 everything maxed out and I get 25 to 50 fps average depending on how infantry heavy a mission is.  Careful though Steel Fury does not react well when you try using Nvidia 's AA from the control panel. You must use Nvidia inspector.Here's a sticky about ti:

Applied and thanks, now I just have to figure out what I'm doing.

S!
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Akula_Osis_SC wrote:
    frinik wrote:Good specs although the graphic card is just average but good enough 4702 2.4 ghtz.

Applied and thanks, now I just have to figure out what I'm doing.

S!

You'll get there, lol! cheers

Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Sadly, have not really had much success. Not sure if my Options are messing with my ability to move around in the tank. Any suggestions of which tank / mission is a good starting point to learn?

Probably make a few captures and hightlight my issues, better than typing it all out.

S!
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Akula_Osis_SC wrote:Sadly, have not really had much success. Not sure if my Options are messing with my ability to move around in the tank. Any suggestions of which tank / mission is a good starting point to learn?

Probably make a few captures and hightlight my issues, better than typing it all out.

S!
    Did you finish all training missions?

BTW
    Try STA version 2! :tank2:
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:37 am

mechanic wrote:
    Akula_Osis_SC wrote:Sadly, have not really had much success. Not sure if my Options are messing with my ability to move around in the tank. Any suggestions of which tank / mission is a good starting point to learn?

S!
    Did you finish all training missions?

BTW
    Try STA version 2! :tank2:

Available? Get confused on which is available.

S!
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am

Akula_Osis_SC wrote:

S!
    As I remember it is Matilda.
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:35 am

mechanic wrote:
    Akula_Osis_SC wrote:

S!

Sorry, I meant STA 2.0 and if it is available for the general public.

S!
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 am

Akula_Osis_SC wrote:
    mechanic wrote:
    Akula_Osis_SC wrote:

S!

S!
    It is available via donation! Very Happy
    Akula_Osis_SC
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Akula_Osis_SC on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:35 pm

mechanic wrote:
    Akula_Osis_SC wrote:
    mechanic wrote:
    Akula_Osis_SC wrote:

S!

S!
    It is available via donation! Very Happy

Donation sent cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 pm