MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Getting the history map and the loading background pic to display

33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Getting the history map and the loading background pic to display

Post by 33lima on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I knew the solution to this but have forgotten!

How do I get a custom history map to display? I'm using an existing one (caumont1.tga) but after trying to add a call to the user_camp file, the new user mission crashes immediately loading begins, reporting that it can't find the file - which definitely exists, in the HIST_MAPS folder.

IIRC there was a text string in a file somewhere, which had to be edited, and after a lot of digging around, I can't find it. It's for a cm_users mission. The history text displayes fine.

I also have a custom background pic, in the backs folder with the others, but as the mission won't load I'm not sure that will work either.

The ME manual has a short section on creating and storing map and loading images which says these images are '...started from “menu_”' but I don't understand what that means.

The user_camp line I have is below - the call for the history map (brown) was changed from 'teach' to what's there now; the mission loaded fine before I did that.

23Hussars, 23 Hussars, 1, 0, backs_shermans.jpg, txt_cit_04, 30, txt_history_23Hussars, hist_maps_caumont1.tga, levels\levels\cm_users\23Hussars.level;

Edit - cancel  - fixed it, by changing the above line as below, now both the loading image and the map are working. Need a bit more work to get the 'quotes' displaying the new ones instead of stock, Kharkov battle ones:

23Hussars, 23Hussars, 1, 0, shermans.jpg, txt_cit_04, 30, txt_history_23Hussars, caumont1, levels\levels\cm_users\23Hussars.level;
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Getting the history map and the loading background pic to display

Post by lockie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:23 am

33lima wrote:
    How do I get a custom history map to display?
    There should be one word without "_" i.e  historymap2.
    Quotes u may place in ***_loc_data.text

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t119-what-does-parameters-of-the-mission
    parameters:

//campaign30, sdkfz7_ger17_missn, 1, 0, sdkfz7_msn17.jpg, cit_rzhev, 12, txt_polunino_hist, polunino1, levels\levels\cm_pack_mission30\mis_ger17_sdkfz7.level,0,campaign31,back_cb_end2,txt_hist_itog,rzhev1.ogg,rzhev2.ogg;
    campaign30 - назва для кампанії/name
    name_mission_txt - назва місії(\data\k42\loc_rus\text\Mission_pack_1.1.text)
    //"1" - single mission, "0"-campaign
    //"0" - quantity try
    tank_picture.jpg - бекфон (\data\k42\loc_rus\images\backs)
    txt_cit_01 - назва цитаток(data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\SCRIPTS\cm_pack_mission\***_loc_data.text)
    30 - кількість цитаток (data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\SCRIPTS\cm_pack_mission\***_loc_data.text)
    //txt_hist_mission - історична довідка (\data\k42\loc_rus\text\Mission_pack_1.1.text)
    //karta_map -  карта-пікчер, формат *.tga (data\k42\loc_rus\textures\HIST_MAPS)
    name_mission.level - погода та все інше
    0 - quantity try
    campaign31
    rzhev1.ogg - відео на початку місії
    rzhev2.ogg - відео по закінченні місії

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 4:03 am