Calendar Calendar

Britpak-Steel Fury

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Britpak-Steel Fury

Post by lockie on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:44 am

33lima wrote:
    I think this standardisation for STA must include lower turret crew figures for the British tanks
    Did u adjust only Commander position "out"?

British medium tank platoons which have a 4-tank option, with 1 of them a Firefly.
    I've already re-adjusted all unit's names. All groups, which consist of four tanks has order "4". I think the best order to control will be "1+3" or "1+1+1+1". What do u think?

standardise details like the markings options for British tanks
    I'll try to move some chunks to the tab mslots.

We also need to standardise on a subtitles file
    No need. Subtitle file could be easily replaced with a new one from Britpack(or any other). I'm a casual player and I'm sure there are many as me. I like shoot the bricks and get a fun from the game, than cracking these non-understandable phrases "tankspeak" whatever they are close to the realism.

33lima wrote:Slight bug in the new download, mission title says the mission is in 1945!
    I was sure mission was based on the April 45 action Smile Could be easily fixed.

Pointer wrote:In Polish "poligon" means "military training area".
    We've the same content in Ukrainian language.
    As I know in English it does "Fire ground".
    "Polygon" it's a word from the game also. Create/generate polygon.

dukling

Post by dukling on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Британська місія в мене вилітає на 93% ,не зрозумію в чому справа.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:37 pm

lockie wrote:
    33lima wrote:
    I think this standardisation for STA must include lower turret crew figures for the British tanks
    Did u adjust only Commander position "out"?

NOT 'SHOUTING', JUST AN EASY WAY TO MAKE THE REPLIES VISIBLE - I LOWERED THE TC POSITION IN THE M4A1 GBR, M4A2 GBR AND THE TC AND LOADER IN THE FIRELIES, M5 GBR AND CHURCHILL GBR. I LEFT THE UNBUTTONED TURRET CREW IN THE CROMWELL ALONE, AS IT IS OK 'AS IS'

British medium tank platoons which have a 4-tank option, with 1 of them a Firefly.
    I've already re-adjusted all unit's names. All groups, which consist of four tanks has order "4". I think the best order to control will be "1+3" or "1+1+1+1". What do u think?

DON'T UNDERSTAND. ABOUT FIREFLIES, IN REAL LIFE THE PLATOON/TROOP LEADER WAS NOT IN THE FIREFLY. SO I PUT THAT LAST IN THE UNIT AND THAT WORKED, THE PLAYER DOESN'T HAVE THE FIREFLY, IT'S ON THE OUTSIDE RIGHT IN LINE FORMATION WHICH IS IDEAL. IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO ALLOW MISSION BUILDERS AN OPTION WHICH MAKES THE FIREFLY THE PLAYER'S TANK, AS 'BIG GUNS HAVE MORE FUN', THEY SAY Smile BY THE END OF THE WAR, 4-TANK PLATOONS/TROOPS COULD HAVE 2 FIREFLIES SO IT CAN GET MORE COMPLICATED, IF WE WANT TO COVER THAT!

I THINK THE BEST OPTION FOR ALL TANK PLATOONS IS: (i) A SINGLE TANK, FOR ANY 'LONE WOLF' MISSIONS (ii) A 2-TANK UNIT, TO ACT AS AN HQ ELEMENT OR ODD PLATOONS LIKE EARLY-WAY SOVIET KV; AND (iii) A FULL PLATOON OPTION, FOR THE TANK TYPE IN QUESTION, WHICH WOULD NORMALLY BE OF THREE TANKS (SOVIET PLATOONS, PLUS BRITISH INFANTRY TANK TROOPS) OR FOUR TANKS (EVERYTHING ELSE, 5 TANKS PER PLATOON IS A BIT TOO MANY).

standardise details like the markings options for British tanks
    I'll try to move some chunks to the tab mslots.

SOUNDS IDEAL - ALSO FOR US TANKS, SOVIET OR GERMAN STYLE TURRET NUMBERS ARE NOT RIGHT SO AN OPTION THAT HAS OTHER MARKINGS (LIKE THOSE FOR 'FURY') BUT NOT THESE NUMBERS, WOULD BE GOOD.

We also need to standardise on a subtitles file
    No need. Subtitle file could be easily replaced with a new one from Britpack(or any other). I'm a casual player and I'm sure there are many as me. I like shoot the bricks and get a fun from the game, than cracking these non-understandable phrases "tankspeak" whatever they are close to the realism.

SOUNDS FINE!

33lima wrote:Slight bug in the new download, mission title says the mission is in 1945!
    I was sure mission was based on the April 45 action Smile Could be easily fixed.

FIXED ALREADY, IN MY INSTALL!

Pointer wrote:In Polish "poligon" means "military training area".
    We've the same content in Ukrainian language.
    As I know in English it does "Fire ground".
    "Polygon" it's a word from the game also. Create/generate polygon.

TYPICAL BRITISH ARMY TERMS WOULD BE 'TRAINING AREA', 'RANGE' (= A FIRING RANGE), OR 'FIELD FIRING AREA' (= A RANGE, BUT NOT NEATLY LAID OUT IN LANES ETC, JUST OPEN COUNTRYSIDE WITH TARGETS LAID HERE AND THERE)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm