by woofiedog Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:13 pm

July 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sound Editing

weit

Sound Editing

Post by weit on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Here is sound folder from my SF game   http://www.4shared.com/rar/zYoRN72Fce/sounds__2_.html
    like it as it is,at least at present time...here i replaced crew voices and shoots ,share here yours pls ,if the best will be taken from each such "personal modification" "perfect" sound mod can be assembled latter..
    weit

Re: Sound Editing

Post by weit on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:56 am

real sound of shot of big caliber tank cannon is like sound of very loud beating of tinplate with a chipboard ...real sound of frontline differs much from what we have in sf ...i made short record from real frontline of real war here www.4shared.com/rar/-7x4FI0nce/Видео035.html  and here www.4shared.com/rar/HI-pGDk-ba/Видео036_1_.html   nothing especially interesting its just for comparing..
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Thanks, I will definitely give these a try! I like many of the STA sounds, like the track & engine noise for heavier AFVs, but some of the gunfire still sounds like a typewritter, not much like the sound of an MG in the open. Your small arms fire sounds seem to be much more realistic.

One thing that would be a good ide to add to tank MG fire is the clink of spent cases, audible at the end of each burst, like in Steel Beasts (or B17-II the Mighty Eigtth).
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:52 am

Here's my own shots sounds.I have changed practically all gun and MG sounds except those I had given Lockie and which are part of SSM 2.0. I also created new gun sound entries in the common res olution file to have individual sounds( 88mm,100mm,105mm etc):

http://www.4shared.com/zip/k-xG0anZba/shots.html

I am endebted to Txema who kindly provided me with sounds files.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:09 am

Will have to give this a run. Smile

Thank's to you and Txema.
    weit

Post by weit on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:16 am

made some changes again ,here nothing special ,some sounds are from WOT ,replaced mgs sounds,those i previously used were too loud...almost all the rest shot sounds are from other mods.Previously i used for tiger real sound of 88 mm (l70) cannon,real sound for t 34 85 .but they were too loud and started to irritate me...so here more balanced and detailed aproach ...t34s dt machine gun sounds here as real .mg 34-42 too ,in many cases the sound we hear on record depends on many things,and same sound recorded from another angle ...you understand what i mean... can be heard diferently...so i stopped to reach for realism ...http://www.4shared.com/rar/30uyOVgGba/shots.html
    weit

Post by weit on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:18 am

frinik wrote:Here's my own shots sounds.I have changed practically all gun and MG sounds except those I had given Lockie and which are part of SSM 2.0. I also created new gun sound entries in the common res olution file to have individual sounds( 88mm,100mm,105mm etc):

http://www.4shared.com/zip/k-xG0anZba/shots.html

I am endebted to Txema who kindly provided me with sounds files.
      Thank you !! Ill try rabbit....and tried ..Friend,Frinik,its AWESOME !Beyond any comendation .I only added 88l56 sound ,copied it from 88mm ...(in order not touch common folder) ..All is above ALL .its perfectoin ..best of the best i ever heard in games !!

Last edited by weit on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    weit

Post by weit on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:23 am

33lima wrote:Thanks, I will definitely give these a try! I like many of the STA sounds, like the track & engine noise for heavier AFVs, but some of the gunfire still sounds like a typewritter, not much like the sound of an MG in the open. Your small arms fire sounds seem to be much more realistic.

One thing that would be a good ide to add to tank MG fire is the clink of spent cases, audible at the end of each burst, like in Steel Beasts (or B17-II the Mighty Eigtth).
    t 34 85 mg there is taken from other mod its not real(real is cannot sound),i posted new link with real dt sound.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:59 am

Friend,Frinik,its AWESOME !Beyond any comendation .I only added 88l56 sound ,copied it from 88mm ...(in order not touch common folder) ..All is above ALL .its perfectoin ..best of the best i ever heard in games !![/quote]

I am happy and flattered you like it Weit. I have worked almost 3 years trying and discarding hundreds of sounds before settling on these.

But please don't sell yourself short ;I have listened and adopted for myself some of your sounds. They are fabulous! The 88L546, the 85 mm, the 76mm and a couple more. I have just changed the type of gun they are for.

This is excellent work Weit and thanks to you I now have all the sounds I wanted. cheers I will post my new shots folder with your own contributing sounds added for download.

Cheers

Frinik

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:41 am