Latest topics

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Logo for the forum

Stah

Re: Logo for the forum

Post by Stah on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:11 am

Ekhm... as a graphic designer by trade might I join this effort?... Ok, I'm new here, but I think I can propose smth (maybe) interesting.

Two questions though (if I'd be allowed to butt in with my proposition Smile ):
    1. what should be the proportions of the image (they are determined by where the image will be used)
    2. and - what tanks would you like to see in it? (I'd personally, like Firnik, think about using ony soviet/nazi vehicles - one of T-34's of course, but for Germans? PzIII's / IV's or something heavier?)
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:38 am

Regarding no. 2, imho the Pz III L is plenty sexy, appearance- and silhouette-wise. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 am

Stah wrote:Ekhm... as a graphic designer by trade might I join this effort?...

OK Smile

Two questions though
    1. what should be the proportions of the image (they are determined by where the image will be used)
    Have no idea, as u wish.

2. and - what tanks would you like to see in it? (I'd personally, like Firnik, think about using ony soviet/nazi vehicles - one of T-34's of course, but for Germans? PzIII's / IV's or something heavier?)
    It doesn't matter for me, but I think Pz.IV vs T-34 would be good.

Stah

Post by Stah on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:58 am

lockie wrote:
    Stah wrote: what should be the proportions of the image (they are determined by where the image will be used)
    Have no idea, as u wish.

Hm... it's quite important, so I'll ask more precisely: where do you plan to use this logo (graphical motive)? Is it the one that we see over the forum - the very wide one (these two tanks on white background I mean)? Or do you plan to use it as a starting screen for the game? Or background for main menu? Or all three?... It would be best if I knew it from the start - of course if you are not certain yet, no problem Cool
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 am

Stah wrote:
    Hm... it's quite important, so I'll ask more precisely: where do you plan to use this logo (graphical motive)? Is it the one that we see over the forum
    Yes, that was before:

Or do you plan to use it as a starting screen for the game? Or background for main menu? Or all three?...
    All of them! Cool Basketball cheers
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 am

I have replaced the logo on the home page with another "test logo" and have tried to add as much as possible from SF and the community here, such as in game map and tanks. Also I did my best to add content or other items that were posted here in the reply's.

frinik... 1) Could you outline the shape of the tank in black so it's more visible?

2) Also to make your excellent logo more reflective of the game I like the shape of the Panzer IV but you could divide it by merging both PzIV and the T34 with the left showing part of the Panzer IV turret with the gun jutting out and the left with part of the T34 turret with its gun jutting out as well. A bit like the logo for the game T34 versus Tiger in spirit.

Tried using the another silhouette, but as you were saying earlier, but it still looked to crowded.

lockie... It doesn't matter for me, but I think Pz.IV vs T-34 would be good.

Did a compromise to have something different for the Soviet side, instead of the T-34 as used in other game logos and used the KV-2.

Stah...   Regarding no. 2, imho the Pz III L is plenty sexy, appearance- and silhouette-wise.

In my original idea and logo that I posted was a Pz-III silhouette from a tech drawing, but I was trying to use some of the newly developed tanks that the community here has provided us with.

Again I want to say thank's for the reply's. The logo still need some finishing work and adjustments, but again I would like to hear your thoughts and opinion so far.

Thank's Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:32 am

It looks better!
    What abt. to remove the writing:
    Steel Tank Add-on (Steel Fury)
    Steel Tank Add-on is mod for the game Steel Fury.

Perhaps, new logo will take place on the whole length?
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:18 pm

lockie... What abt. to remove the writing:
    Steel Tank Add-on (Steel Fury)
    Steel Tank Add-on is mod for the game Steel Fury.

Perhaps, new logo will take place on the whole length?

Sounds like an excellent idea. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:42 pm

woofiedog wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. Smile
    WOW, Woffie - u're magician!
    Now logo placed exactly where I wanted to see it, but didn't know how to do it! Excellent work!
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:55 pm

lockie... WOW, Woffie - u're magician!  Now logo placed exactly where I wanted to see it, but didn't know how to do it! Excellent work!

My wife calls me something else, every so often. LoL  Laughing

Correction... Having a small problem, can not locate and delete the text message below the logo...  "Steel Tank Add-on is mod for the game Steel Fury.".  scratch

Found my answer.

Thank's... glad you like the new logo. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:57 am