MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How to make the road correctly

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

How to make the road correctly

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Sometimes mission maker needs to force unit moving along the road. To make it correctly there are a couple rules.
    For the polygon:
    1. Distance between two points should be ~50m.
    2. The points should be placed in the middle of the road.

3. The width of the contour road should not be more than 1m.

For the mission u've to note: formation(free/column/line), mode of movement (along the road), i.e.
    Code:
    ext, ai_form, 0; //formation is free
    ext, ai_setstate, 0, 0x1; //move along the road
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: How to make the road correctly

Post by frinik on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Shouldn"t it make more sense to use the "line" formation before entering the command move along the road in the ME? This way the units will proceed in line rather than all pell-mell?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm

frinik wrote:Shouldn"t it make more sense to use the "line" formation before entering the command move along the road in the ME? This way the units will proceed in line rather than all pell-mell?
    "Line" may cause a BIG proble. Stupid AI will try to align all units in line. It does i.e. situation:
    1unit(com.), 3d winger, 2d winger

First(com. unit) moved forward, 3d winger stays, coz he waiting when 2d wingman will be before him. Meanwhile 2d unit bumped into 3d unit and would keeping do that until 3d wingman will be turned-over or 2d wingman turned-over by erself Smile
    That's ridiculous situation. I met it first in the mission "Destroy airfield". Each time some tanks bumped into each other and turned over. Somehow I managed to resolve the situation. The command "Line" will work only in case, if the first unit will be commander unit, then 2d wingman and 3d wingman or be prepared to troubles Smile
    Though, there are some commands how to place units on the contour(p.62):
    0 - by contour
    1 - random
    2 - specified (default)
    3 - by contour in key points
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Another recommendation how to make road in correct manner. U must make the width of the road contour no more than 1 meter. In case of the bigger value, i.e. 4.5meters, then unit will make a circled movements instead go along the road.

Also, if u want AI to go along this road exactly, then give him preference - assign this road in the tactical tab as "road with pavement".
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:43 am

If u want to place the line of flora near the road, u've to execute the next requirements:
    1. "Flora line" must not cross the road OR units will try to avoid this line and find another route, instead moving along the road.
    2. The width of "flora line" should not be more then 1 meter or it may cause problem for AI to move along the road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 11:30 pm