MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

KV-2 improvement

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

KV-2 improvement

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:35 am

Today I played with a new feature of KV-2, which was added by will73. It is "tank grenade". It looks funny to throw grenade through armor, but completely unrealistic. Coz in a real life tankman should have opened the hatch then throw the grenade.
    Anyway, I'll leave this feature as commented. Well, may be someone decide to play with grenade just to have a fun Smile
    Grenades may throw: commander and loader. The grenade number is 20.

33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: KV-2 improvement

Post by 33lima on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:00 pm

That feature would be very useful in the StuGIII C/D or F, with no MG. Also in all open-top SP guns like the Marder. Better than 'shooting quail with cannon', as Guderian said of the Ferdinands after kursk.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:34 pm

33lima wrote:That feature would be very useful in the StuGIII C/D or F, with no MG.
    That's a good idea! May be we should add "throwing grenades" to SU-76/100 also. I'll try to add this feature to StuG IIIF and see how it does.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Could have used this "Throwing Grenades" option in one of the missions I was running "The Nazi Power" when I ran out of machine gun ammo. Might say it is a very tough mission! LoL Shocked

Maybe this could be a good twist for a mission, a lone surviving tank crew still alive after a heated battle and down to their very last rounds of ammo for the main gun and machine guns.  With only a slim hope left for making it back to friendly front lines, is a grenade attack through the enemy trenches that are still blocking their way to safety. Twisted Evil

Sound pretty good away and it has that dry, salty and dusty taste of despair and reckless desperation, with a slight hope of deliverance and salvation. LoL pirat
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:17 pm

woofiedog wrote:Could have used this "Throwing Grenades" option in one of the missions I was running "The Nazi Power" when I ran out of machine gun ammo. Might say it is a very tough mission! LoL Shocked
    Ran out of MG ammo ??? Rolling Eyes
    What is the name of the mission? It sounds a very unbelievable. I never met situation when I was out of MG ammo Shocked

Maybe this could be a good twist for a mission, a lone surviving tank crew still alive after a heated battle and down to their very last rounds of ammo for the main gun and machine guns.
    That's definitely feature for the last mission of the Campaign "Fury", when M4A3/76 was out of rounds and crew members used grenades against enemy infantry! Woffie, that's a COOOL idea! I'll implement "throwing grenades" to the Wardaddy's tank! Cool

Stah

Post by Stah on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:18 pm

lockie wrote: Ran out of MG ammo ???  Rolling Eyes What is the name of the mission? It sounds a very unbelievable. I never met situation when I was out of MG

Yeah, souds funny indeed Very Happy But I also was in this unbelieveable situation once, during one of these old missions where you're in defensive position in some German captured stuff - one of these tin cans, 38(t) I think. I run out of APs, then HEs, then even of MGs affraid Sounds funny, but it's possible, in SF at least.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:54 pm

lockie... Ran out of MG ammo ??? Rolling Eyes

What is the name of the mission? It sounds a very unbelievable. I never met situation when I was out of MG ammo

Stah... Sounds funny, but it's possible, in SF at least.

It is one of the new missions... "The Nazi Power".  Should have taken a screenshot of the ammo load, but I finished the mission clearing enemy trenches with a few AP ammo loads I had left. And it worked and was a successful mission ending! LoL  affraid

lockie...  I'll implement "throwing grenades" to the Wardaddy's tank!

Yes, that would be a cool ending for "The Fury" missions. Wicked  Twisted Evil  

A couple of quotes.

"Wardaddy"... You think it can't get worse? It can. And it will.

"Wardaddy"... We're still in this fight! WE'RE STILL IN THIS FIGHT!

"Grady 'Coon-Ass' Travis"... Damn son, you're a fighting, fucking, drinking machine!
    "Wardaddy"...  Machine. That's it. That's your war name. I christen thee "Machine."
    "Boyd 'Bible' Swan, Trini 'Gordo' Garcia"...  Machine!
      Wink

Stah

Post by Stah on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Nazi Power mission?? MG run out?? Sounds good enough! I happen to be now in one these 6-pack-driven-SF-playin-frenzy Twisted Evil , so I'm just hopping into it! pirat

As an afterthought: it's not the first time I think, gentlemen, that no matter what historical truth, we should (officially) mod our vehicles with much more SH shells... In the game you're usually packed with AP's, then HE's, then all this cumulative-and-whatnot-sophisticated stuff, but... as I see it, in practice, the SH almost always proves to be the second most needed shell after AP. Anyone agree?

Stah

Post by Stah on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:22 pm

woofiedog wrote: It is one of the new missions... "The Nazi Power".

You meant "Last Nazi chance" for sure? There's no other with the "Nazi" in the title...
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 am

Stah... You meant "Last Nazi chance" for sure? There's no other with the "Nazi" in the title

I definitely know my eye sight is not what it was in year's past.  But Laughing

You wouldn't have a little spare change, that is burning a hole in your pocket and would want to make a wager by any chance??? Basketball  

May I present...   "The Nazi Power" mission.  

And while we are at it, yes bartender... I'll have a double Bourbon with just a splash of water. cheers

Stah

Post by Stah on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:01 am

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
    Ok, so maybe it was 8-pack... drunken
    I tried only GMP's, that's why... Even played this "nazi last chance" mission - and was terribly curious why the hell did you run out of all MG ammo... Laughing Laughing Laughing

"...that is burning a hole in your pocket..."
    No, but being a big Y. Submarine fun - I always GOT A HOLE IN ME POCKET! afro

Last edited by Stah on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 am

Stah... As an afterthought: it's not the first time I think, gentlemen, that no matter what historical truth, we should (officially) mod our vehicles with much more SH shells... In the game you're usually packed with AP's, then HE's, then all this cumulative-and-whatnot-sophisticated stuff, but... as I see it, in practice, the SH almost always proves to be the second most needed shell after AP. Anyone agree?

I generally start off with HE's loaded, but have a AP shell for the next ready round. Going up against ground troops that are dug in or entrenched, having a HE shell chambered give you a little edge for those antitank gunners just waiting in the shadows to plug a hole in your tank and ruin a perfectly good day. Evil or Very Mad

But at the same time, you can have that AP round just in case to be loaded next for any of those big brother's coming up from behind the ground troops. Wink

Stah

Post by Stah on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 am

woofiedog wrote: I generally start off with HE's loaded, but have a AP shell for the next ready round.  

Same tactics on this side of Atlantic - but, after a lot of time playin' in such manner, I see that SF's HE round is just a cross between (...of?) AP and SH - and, frankly, not really effective in any of these applications... Now I prefer attacking ATs and trenches with 7 SH's than 30 HE's. Really. Of course, SH are rarity and I have to live with it...
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:10 am

Stah... Even played this "nazi last chance" mission - and was terribly curious why the hell did you run out of all MG ammo..

As the enemy lines have multi layers of defenses with this mission, and I was duck hunting with the machine gun clearing out the trenches... I started at fairly long range, trying to conserve my main gun ammo for later usage. Cool

Stah...  Now I prefer attacking ATs and trenches with 7 SH's than 30 HE's.

Yes, agree that this is a great trench clearing round.  But it is limited in the missions and vehicles it is used.

One other item is, it is only a firecracker when a tank appears and you have to try a very quick reload of an AP round, before the enemy starts shooting.  Wink

Stah

Post by Stah on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 pm

woofiedog wrote: when a tank appears and you have to try a very quick reload of an AP round, before the enemy starts shooting.  Wink

Yes, of course, there are no perfect solutions...
    Btw, I almost always play with the double R hitthing - you know, "load/don't load". This way I can always load desired ammo, without the need to fire the un-needed (and losing it). Of course seeing bunch of one-type target appearing i switch on to contiunuous loading - but the double R technique always is a first rule for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 4:04 am