MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Soviet hat "ushanka" (RKKA, Winter mod)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Soviet hat "ushanka" (RKKA, Winter mod)

Post by lockie on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks to Kapula' idea I've fixed hat "ushanka" for the Soviet artillerist. Now "ushanka" is bigger on 20%, 3d model optimized and fixed: removed all "open edges", added 3LOD's. Also I've added "Red Star" on the frontal part of "ushanka". Officer has a differ model of "ushanka", thus it's possible to apply a new texture.
    There are some screens of progressing Smile
    First time "ushanka" implementation. As u can see it's bigger than original and looks kinda Georgian national cap "airfield" or "papakha" Very Happy

Size decreased, added "Red Star".

"Red Star" moved up.

"Red Star" size increased.

Off course, it doesn't effect gameplay anymore , it's just a candie, but a very sweety and funny Very Happy geek
    col.moore

Re: Soviet hat "ushanka" (RKKA, Winter mod)

Post by col.moore on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:00 pm

WAW.. its getting great!
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Many thanks lockie, especially for the LOD and polygon fix - I would have never guessed that such a small model could be so performance hungry hahah.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:21 pm

kapulA wrote:I would have never guessed that such a small model could be so performance hungry hahah.
    There is description no more than 15-20% what was already done Smile
    3D model itself needs a lot of adjustments, especially with a "normals of the polygons" and other details. In fact, user will never see such tiny fragments, but it is how to say - how it could be. Designer try to be closer to the perfectness as more as possible Wink
    And the main improvement it is decreasing the number of polygons, which effect the FPS. It had ~2000 polygons, now 1 LOD has ~1000.
    If u interested to change the texture of the Commander "ushanka", I may add additional description for the new texture. At this moment both "ushanka"(soldier and officer) has the same texture, but dif. model.

Also I'd like to re-design the helmet of the USA tankers. It is awful.
    I remember it has ~7000(!) polygons and instead 2LOD it has model of the Soviet tanker helmet Smile
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:30 am

lockie wrote:
    If u interested to change the texture of the Commander "ushanka", I may add additional description for the new texture. At this moment both "ushanka"(soldier and officer) has the same texture, but dif. model.

Also I'd like to re-design the helmet of the USA tankers. It is awful.
    I remember it has ~7000(!) polygons and instead 2LOD it has model of the Soviet tanker helmet Smile

Yeah, why not have two variations with different textures. It can't hurt the FPS now that you optimized the model. Smile

And yeah, good call on the US tanker helmet, that should also improve performance noticeably and it's a shame the LODs aren't up to par as well.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:39 am

Helmet of the USA tankers updated. The total number of polygons decreased from 7000 to ~3800. Now model optimized and consist of three LOD's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 pm