by woofiedog Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm

» Attack Attack Atttack!
by woofiedog Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm

» Остови техніки/wrecked techniks
by will73 Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission "Capture the Crossroads" Tiger II - March 1945(WIP)

KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:26 pm

My mission "Königstiger stops Soviet armor attack" has a bunch attacking from far away. More of an arcade mission, but fun anyways! Razz I'll change things around with "Capture the Crossroads" and then send it out to the forum.

KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Re: Mission "Capture the Crossroads" Tiger II - March 1945(WIP)

Post by KurtTank on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:44 am

Here's the latest video posted to YouTube. I would appreciate feedback on any mission changes!  cheers

Command Tank #911 is in honor of those lost on September 11, 2001.

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 am

Excellent vid. Good visuals. SF looks good with all the new weather mods and skies.

2 questions :

- Your gun sight is different from, mine in mine you see the tip of the gun protruding in the but not in yours?

- you are using exclusively the Pzgr 40/43 which was scarce even in 1943 and in 1944 reserved to AT gun crews. Why not use the 39/43 which is more effective in the game and also more realistic?

- why don t you adjust the reticle based on estimated distance as German gunners did in real life?

Otherwise nice little missions with long distance shooting and concealment. Nice to watch. Make it available Kurt!

What program did you use to make the vid?
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm

I like the camerawork!

As Frinik says, to make the video more useful and more realistic, it would be better to show correct sight use and better choice of ammo, depending on target type and range.

Tactics also looked a bit strange at times: you drove off to the right of the rest of your force and appeared not to try to co-operate with the others, or to manage your platoon.

As with the previous videos, it would be good to add captions, describing what is happening, what you are doing and what you are thinking. Captions, if not too large, are probably better than a voice-over.

For a video, I think it's much better to turn off all the on-screen visual aids, so you do not see little green or orange rectangles or arrows floating about in the 3-d world.

The changes to the map view helped orientation.

Otherwise very good! I liked they way you switched to the external view from time to time. Whether or not you play that way (I do!) this makes for a more interesting video and helps the viewer understand what is going on.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:20 pm

WOW!
    32 vehicles! This is insane!  What a Face  Cool  Shocked
    I've never seen such list before  Rolling Eyes
    I've to say - this is excellent job! First mission is always a very remarkable and a very hard. My sincere congratulations!
    I've only one tiny note.
    Note:
    Perhaps, u should have been placed symbol "area" on the bridge and paint it in the red color. Smt. like this:

ext, add_mo, sov_map, area, 0x60802020,  , 6, , 0, map_bridge, -1, true, 0;
    When German forces capture it, then paint it in the blue color:
    ext, change_mo_cols, sov_map, 0xc0000080,;
    As u can see, u may use the common identificator sov_map at er convenience. U may paint it or even delete:
    ext, del_mo, sov_map,;
    Thus, u may manipulate with a group of symbols, i.e. paint all trenches from red to blue color.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:35 pm

frinik wrote:Excellent vid. Good visuals. SF looks good with all the new weather mods and skies.
    Thanks! There has been much work done by you all, and I'm thankful and really enjoying tweaking the game! Very Happy

2 questions :

frinik wrote:- Your gun sight is different from, mine in mine you see the tip of the gun protruding in the but not in yours?
    Hmm, mine is from STA 1.0. Could it be the widescreen fix? Here is JSGME:

frinik wrote:- you are  using exclusively the Pzgr 40/43 which was scarce even in 1943 and in 1944 reserved to AT gun crews. Why not use the 39/43 which is more effective in the game and also more realistic?
    True, I need to adjust that. I was working with the "resupply" idea, having trucks come up to woods near the first area of the assault, then I could hit the double number to resupply. This video was made prior to me finishing that. I still have to play the mission a few more times to update that. I will reduce the number of Pzgr 40/43's to more realistic levels.

frinik wrote:- why don t you adjust the reticle based on estimated distance as German gunners did in real life?
    I've had a tough time with my Logitech Trackball with the gun floating way too much (is that normal for the huge gun?), so I had to tighten up the movement of the gun by reducing my Mouse Sensitivity to 25! That makes the gun work better, but drastically affects the scroll wheel on the mouse which raises/lowers the gun (what are the keys to raise/lower the gun....maybe I could use the keys?). I also got used to the faster pace of the mission (there is a lot happening at the same time and a lot of tanks responding to my attack What a Face ), and targeting the standard way takes too much time. I have tried to use it, but I'm not very fast at it, and anything over 1000+m is inexact using the F key to target range. Solutions? I may just have to practice using the sight correctly. On the other hand, I'm a pretty good shot most of the time. cheers

frinik wrote:Otherwise nice little missions with long distance shooting and concealment. Nice to watch. Make it available Kurt!

What program did you use to make the vid?
    Thanks, I like the long range shooting capability of the Tiger II (I think that's one of the best capabilities it was designed for). I used Raptr for both the video and screenshot added for the front screen. I do not, however, use their upload link as I've had problems with the upload. I sign into YouTube, and then use their upload link.

I am having a hard time trying to do a nice narrative like luftangreifer, or subtitles like many others have. Can't seem to get Movie Maker to accept the video (MP4), even though it lists MP4 as compatible with the program. Still trying when I have time. tongue
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:56 pm

33lima wrote:I like the camerawork!
    Thanks, I like making these videos! I also really like Raptr for taking the video.

33lima wrote:As Frinik says, to make the video more useful and more realistic, it would be better to show correct sight use and better choice of ammo, depending on target type and range.
    True, I'll modify the mission and practice with the sight. See my response to Frinik.

33lima wrote:Tactics also looked a bit strange at times: you drove off to the right of the rest of your force and appeared not to try to co-operate with the others, or to manage your platoon.
    Yah, I know. When I make missions, my tank is nearly always independent and I also nearly always stay back to shoot from longer range, rather than getting close in. My experience with platoon tactics has changed because my other tanks would go charging in too close, too soon, and get knocked out, even when I had "Do as I do" checked. I always lost as least one of my platoon to that stupid AI!  Mad So now I play the role of flank protector from the heights above the town, to take out tanks from a distance, rather than charging in. Probably the wrong tactics, but I pick off more tanks that way, and I think that is a better role for me.

33lima wrote:As with the previous videos, it would be good to add captions, describing what is happening, what you are doing and what you are thinking. Captions, if not too large, are probably better than a voice-over.
    See answer to Frinik. I'm having trouble with Movie Maker.

33lima wrote:For a video, I think it's much better to turn off all the on-screen visual aids, so you do not see little green or orange rectangles or arrows floating about in the 3-d world.
    Are you talking about the target triangle, too? I agree that turning off the green square would be good, and I've seen others turn off the targeting arrow, but boy, that makes it tough, and wasn't the whole crew involved in spotting potential targets, and isn't that what that's for? Mind you, there wasn't an orange triangle, but they must have called out by radio when they spotted targets, at least the direction and possible range?

33lima wrote:The changes to the map view helped orientation.
    Thanks to Lockie for guiding me through that.  sunny

33lima wrote:Otherwise very good! I liked they way you switched to the external view from time to time. Whether or not you play that way (I do!) this makes for a more interesting video and helps the viewer understand what is going on.
    Essential for a better experience in the game! lol!
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:11 pm

lockie wrote:WOW!
    32 vehicles! This is insane!  What a Face  Cool  Shocked
    I've never seen such list before  Rolling Eyes
    Thanks, I like big action! With my new computer, I can really push the envelop with the numbers of tanks and men. The only slowdown I've noticed is when the massive artillery barrage is happening toward the beginning of the mission. It's minimal, and I'm usually moving to a firing position anyways.

lockie wrote:I've to say - this is excellent job! First mission is always a very remarkable and a very hard. My sincere congratulations!
    Thanks, the learning curve is very high for me with this game, and I appreciate your help and others along the way! Very Happy

lockie wrote:I've only one tiny note.
    Perhaps, u should have been placed symbol "area" on the bridge and paint it

Thanks, I'll work with it. I just hope I can remember all the things for the next mission! tongue
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:28 am

Kurt re the re-supply here's my own method. In my tech_cfg folder I have created one new entry each for both the AP and HE as you can see below.All I need to do is press twice the 1 or 2 keys to have access to my resupplies.

//áîåêîìïëåêò
    shells()
    {
    //èìÿ ñíàðÿäà, êîëè÷åñòâî
    PZGR39_43, 55, 0, 0;
    PZGR39_43, 25, 0, 0;
    SPRGR_43, 31, 0, 1;
    SPRGR_43, 11, 0, 1;

BUL_792, 4800;

I do that for all tanks and spgs. AS you can see I have suppressed the Pzr 40/43 as in game it's too light and ineffective. Plus by the time the Tiger II appeared none were available except for some AT crews.

Yes excellent mission please make it available! bounce

Here's what I mean by your gun not visible in the reticle. Here's a vid I posted last year of a trial mission with the KT ( featuring over 70 tanks). Did not use the reticle as I normally do just to see how it is. I am also a fairly good shot....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0sdpCv1X0

BTW I have tested the high numbers( my own record is 124 tanks and spgs fighting it out when using Steel Panzer mod 1.4 back in 2010 on a laptop. Got 16 fps average).With the July Update the max playable I have achieved is 84 tanks or spgs without infantry or guns on the battlefield. I  get 22 to 35 fps. My laptop is not powerful enough to do more. With Steel Panzer 2.0 I was able to put 100 units and playable at 25 fps and more. If you play only small tanks (1940-42 models) then you can field more.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:38 pm

frinik wrote:Kurt re the re-supply here's my own method. In my tech_cfg folder I have created one new entry each for both the AP and HE as you can see below.All I need to do is press twice the 1 or 2 keys to have access to my resupplies.

//áîåêîìïëåêò
    shells()
    {
    PZGR39_43, 55, 0, 0;
    PZGR39_43, 25, 0, 0;
    SPRGR_43, 31, 0, 1;
    SPRGR_43, 11, 0, 1;

BUL_792, 4800;

I do that for all tanks and spgs. AS you can see I have suppressed the Pzr 40/43 as in game it's too light and ineffective. Plus by the time the Tiger II appeared none were available except for some AT crews.

Frinik, yup, I remember that from your tech_cfg file and I added it to the mission. I went one step further and added Pzgr 40/43 in my resupply, but back to minimal level:

//áîåêîìïëåêò
    shells()
    {
    PZGR39_43, 32, 0, 0;
    PZGR39_43, 32, 0, 0;
    PZGR40_43, 3, 0, 1;
    PZGR40_43, 3, 0, 1;
    SPRGR_43, 41, 0, 2;
    SPRGR_43, 41, 0, 2;

BUL_792, 4800;

So, for all three shells, hit 1 for Pzgr 39/43, 2 for Pzgr 40/43, 3 for Spgr 43.

frinik wrote:Yes excellent mission please make it available! bounce

I'm still working on the mission, it's a never-ending thing as I learn new things. drunken

frinik wrote:Here's what I mean by your gun not visible in the reticle. Here's a vid I posted last year of a trial mission with the KT ( featuring over 70 tanks).

Yes, I see. Don't know why mine doesn't show. I haven't modified anything.....could it be widescreen fix or my 24" desktop monitor? Maybe you should try the widescreen fix? Looks like you can't see ammo load or other symbols...or was it the video maker software?

frinik wrote:Did not use the reticle as I normally do just to see how it is. I am also a fairly good shot....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0sdpCv1X0

Yes, I see!  cheers Good shooting! I see also that you have increased ammo for your tank. I think I will put my mission out there with original ammo load + resupply, and let others modify it themselves. sunny

frinik wrote:BTW I have tested the high numbers( my own record is 124 tanks and spgs fighting it out when using Steel Panzer mod 1.4 back in 2010 on a laptop. Got 16 fps average). With the July Update the max playable I have achieved is 84 tanks or spgs without infantry or guns on the battlefield. I  get 22 to 35 fps. My laptop is not powerful enough to do more. With Steel Panzer 2.0 I was able to put 100 units and playable at 25 fps and more. If you play only small tanks (1940-42 models) then you can field more.

Yes, you must have a good laptop. I tested that way, too, on my old desktop, and found that eliminating infantry was the key to adding tons of tanks. I have not tested the limits of my new computer, though. I do like the infantry assaults with armor....just adds so much noise and excitement to the playing! lol!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:50 pm

KurtTank wrote:
    frinik wrote:Here's what I mean by your gun not visible in the reticle. Here's a vid I posted last year of a trial mission with the KT ( featuring over 70 tanks).

Yes, I see. Don't know why mine doesn't show. I haven't modified anything.....could it be widescreen fix or my 24" desktop monitor? Maybe you should try the widescreen fix? Looks like you can't see ammo load or other symbols...or was it the video maker software?
    U can't see the barrel through the sight, coz KTiger doesn't has additional gunsight magnification Smile Frinik has Cool
    I removed it deliberately for two reasons:
    1. reticle on the second sight was not adjusted properly
    2. it's a pure cheating. U're already have magnification, if u press "backspace"
    Though, u may move the chank(dummies) of the gunner' camera in OE.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:11 am

lockie wrote:
    U can't see the barrel through the sight, coz KTiger doesn't has additional gunsight magnification Smile
    Doesn't matter to me. I like my view without the barrel! geek
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:23 pm

True enough I modified my KT to have the dual magnification because the TZF 9d did have it in( no cheating!) .Anyway it's a matter of personal taste. I like to have the gun visible in my reticle Red Orchestra Ost Front style.

Actually on my computer screen I can see the shells type and quantity on the lower left side and everything. It's just after I uploaded the vid on Youtube that it seems that they cut some of the lower part of my computer screen?
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:09 pm

frinik wrote:True enough I modified my KT to have the dual magnification because the TZF 9d did have it in( no cheating!) .Anyway it's a matter of personal taste. I like to have the gun visible in my reticle Red Orchestra Ost Front style.

Actually on my computer screen I can see the shells type and quantity on the lower left side and everything. It's just after I uploaded the vid on Youtube that it seems that they cut some of the lower part of my computer screen?

Hmm, interesting that you lost some of the video shot when uploading. Wonder why...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:22 pm

I've another suggestion how u may improve the mission. U may include "balance".
    I.e: at the "balance=1" there will be 3xT-34/85. Theese tanks will be available to the balance "3". Since "balance 4" they will be replaced with 3xJS-2!
    At the "balance=10" all tanks will be only JS-3 and T-44 Cool pirat clown

PS
    There must be a history note! Smth. like that:
    It was March 1945. The winter offensive of the Wehrmacht near Balation lake failed and German troops had to rolle back to the Berlin direction. But it wasn't a big problem for the multi-years Reich.
    The catastrophic thing was - SS troops lost Hitler's favour toy - Spear of Destiny! This relics was left in the small Bavarian village "Meine kleine Blume", which was now under Soviet advanced tank group.
    The Kampfgruppe under command Captain Kurt Vonnegut was sent to relieve the unique Hitler's toy.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:06 pm

lockie wrote:I've another suggestion how u may improve the mission. U may include "balance".
    I.e: at the "balance=1" there will be 3xT-34/85. Theese tanks will be available to the balance "3". Since "balance 4" they will be replaced with 3xJS-2!
    At the "balance=10" all tanks will be only JS-3 and T-44 Cool pirat clown

PS
    There must be a history note! Smth. like that:
    It was March 1945. The winter offensive of the Wehrmacht near Balation lake failed and German troops had to rolle back to the Berlin direction. But it wasn't a big problem for the multi-years Reich.
    The catastrophic thing was - SS troops lost Hitler's favour toy - Spear of Destiny! This relics was left in the small Bavarian village "Meine kleine Blume", which was now under Soviet advanced tank group.
    The Kampfgruppe under command Captain Kurt Vonnegut was sent to relieve the unique Hitler's toy.

I love the note!

I think you're talking about the Balance slider in the Options menu, right? Or the one in the ME?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 am

KurtTank wrote:

I love the note!

I think you're talking about the Balance slider in the Options menu, right? Or the one in the ME?
    Yes, I mean both. User can always pick up the balance of hardness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 am