Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Error 006 shader (game limits)

Post by KurtTank on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:05 am

At 99% when opening game:

Exception core:
    006: Unable to create shader.

[ fader ]

ME opens okay with same mission. Don't see the error in Lockie's list. The only thing I was working with were the units, changing platoon of tanks with infantry or grenadiers.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Error 006 shader (game limits)

Post by lockie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:00 am

KurtTank wrote:At 99% when opening game:

Exception core:

[ fader ]

ME opens okay with same mission. Don't see the error in Lockie's list. The only thing I was working with were the units, changing platoon of tanks with infantry or grenadiers.
    Did u read FAQ? Smile
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury
    2. Q. What does "4Gb patch"? I have code 006 shader error while loading. How to get rid off this error?
    A. Game is using more than its 2GB memory address, modern high res displays combined with a lot of extra content added in the mods can use more than 2Gb.
    Solution:  Allow the games exe to be large address aware which gives it 2GB of virtual memory on top of its 2GB address. Requires a 64bit OS and more than 3GB physical memory and the systems swap space not disabled.

It does that games needs to use higher address of the memory.

Last edited by lockie on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Yeah even if your gpu is high end at times the games will crash because it puts a lot of pressure on the video memory when you have infantry and units heavy missions with artillery strikes, flares, cloudy weather, rain or snow taxing your graphic resources even more . SF is poorly optimized .In my opinion you need to have a gpu with 3 or more GBs of VRAM to avoid that .GPUs with only 1024 or 2048 mbs of VRAM are just not sufficient at times.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:23 pm

lockie wrote:
    KurtTank wrote:At 99% when opening game:

Exception core:

[ fader ]

Did u read FAQ? Smile
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury
    2. Q. What does "4Gb patch"? I have code 006 shader error while loading. How to get rid off this error?
    A. Game is using more than its 2GB memory address, modern high res displays combined with a lot of extra content added in the mods can use more than 2Gb.
    Solution:  Allow the games exe to be large address aware which gives it 2GB of virtual memory on top of its 2GB address. Requires a 64bit OS and more than 3GB physical memory and the systems swap space not disabled.

It does that games needs to use higher address of the memory.

I did that patch in August, and reconfirmed it is active right now. The main issue is way too many infantry! Here is the breakdown of units in the mission "Capture the Crossroads":

Soviet Side

57 Tanks, 70-100% likely to be in mission
    17 AT guns, "
    13 MG, "
    21 Inf Squads (around 190), "

German Side

8 Tanks, 100% likely
    6 APC (around 36 inf), "
    2 Pl Inf (around 66 inf), "
    8 trucks

I've had an interesting morning trying to get the mission to play correctly. The ME is fine. The game runs right on the edge; sometimes the gunsight didn't show up, sometimes the skin for the tank (cool to see the interior exposed!), or it just doesn't load completely and I get a black screen. I think I've got a good system, but maybe I should try a RAM booster program? I tried that in the past and found it screwed things up and didn't help much. Suggestions?
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:36 pm

frinik wrote:Yeah even if your gpu is high end at times the games will crash because it puts a lot of pressure on the video memory when you have infantry and units heavy missions with artillery strikes, flares, cloudy weather, rain or snow taxing your graphic resources even more . SF is poorly optimized .In my opinion you need to have a gpu with 3 or more GBs of VRAM to avoid that .GPUs with only 1024 or 2048 mbs of VRAM are just not sufficient at times.

True, but I have 8 GB RAM and a 3.6 GHz processor. I guess my mission is just too ambitious!

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:24 pm

As I remember, Donken has CPU 4Ghz. So, this mission will be fine for his system Very Happy
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 am

lockie wrote:As I remember, Donken has CPU 4Ghz. So, this mission will be fine for his system Very Happy

That should be enough. After trying to add more infantry and tanks to the mission, I'm having all kinds of issues, game is crashing after 5 minutes of play. I have taken out all of the additions and even reduced the mission below what I showed you guys, and I'm still having problems. Could the mission be corrupting the game now? Should I reinstall the game??

Maybe I can send it to you and you can try and figure out what's wrong with it...

frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 am

gpu with 3 or more GBs of VRAM

Kurt ; it's not your cpu which fails but the gpu. By VRAM (Virtual Random Access Memory)I mean the graphic memory that your video card contains not the RAM.If you have a graphic card with 3 gb and above of gdrr5 VRAM then this will not happen to you.

Kurt you just have too much infantry in the game. Remember to the plain infantry you have to add the AT gun crews( 4 to 5 infantry for each) = 17 AT guns X 5 = 85 more. Then add the MG crews = 13 X 2 = 26 more infantry .In total you have a total of 407 infantry in your mission plus 109 pieces of equipment( includes trucks, apcs, guns, mgs and tanks).That's way too much even if they only appear in proportion of 70% they are still in your mission through the ME they do count and they are overtaxing your gpu .That's why your mission crashes or won't start.and .

I suggest you reduce the infantry by 40% and the MGs and ATs by 20% and see if it works. But even if it works for you those with lowers spec will find your mission unplayable.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 am

Kurt, u've made a very hard and exhausting work! Now, we know what the game limits for the system with CPU3.6Ghz, 16Gb memory, 3Gb video memory.
    Here's a list from Frinik. It will go to the FAQ.
    57 Tanks
    17 AT guns
    13 MG
    8 trucks
    21 Inf Squads
    Each GER/USR squad has 9-12 soldiers. USA and GBR has exactly 10 soldiers in squads. So, let's count at the maximum. 21*12~250. This is the DEAD limitation. According to my experience there must be NO more than 4 infantry platoons in the mission. 1 platoon consist of the next squads: 1xCommander squad, 4xInfantry squads (for the USR 1943 5xInf. squads)
    One platoon: 5+4*12~50
    Four platoons: 4*50=200
    So, 200 infantrymen is a reasonable limit.

PS
    Just wonder, what are the limits in Steel Blaze?
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:53 pm

frinik wrote:gpu with 3 or more GBs of VRAM

Kurt ; it's not your cpu which fails but the gpu. By VRAM (Virtual Random Access Memory)I mean the graphic memory that your video card contains not the RAM.If you have a graphic card with 3 gb and above of gdrr5 VRAM then this will not happen to you.

Kurt you just have too much infantry in the game. Remember to the plain infantry you have to add the AT gun crews( 4 to 5 infantry for each) = 17 AT guns X 5 = 85 more. Then add the MG crews  = 13 X 2 = 26 more infantry .In total you have  a total of 407 infantry in your mission plus 109 pieces of equipment( includes trucks, apcs, guns, mgs and tanks).That's way too much even if they only appear in proportion of 70% they are still in your mission through the ME they do count and they are overtaxing your gpu .That's why your mission crashes or won't start.and .

I suggest you reduce the infantry by 40% and the MGs and ATs by 20% and see if it works. But even if it works for you those with lowers spec will find your mission unplayable.

Agreed. The game was pretty awesome for a while with this mission. I'll have to reduce the infantry for me and everyone else to play it. I do have a little older video card that I probably should have replaced with the latest, but, again, not everyone would be able to play the mission. Back to the drawing board! tongue
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:26 am

Kurt I have the Nvidia GTX860M 2 gb of gddr5 from 2014 and even it finds the game taxing although I can play modern games like BF4, Arma 3, Far Cry 4, Dying Light at high settings without issues.... SF just isn't well optimized!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm