Latest topics

» Calculation of the armor penetration
by lockie Today at 7:44 pm

» T-34/85/D5Т
by Glushak Today at 3:56 pm

» Airplane shotdown!
by Glushak Today at 2:16 pm

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Today at 6:53 am

» Terminated russian occupants in Ukraine
by lockie Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

» Movie The Man with the Iron Heart
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

» Question about german hetzer tank crew uniform
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

» STA3.2 version
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")

dukling

Re: Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")

Post by dukling on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 am

Атакував противника з лівого флангу, знищив 3 гармати, 4 т-70, т-34_43, 2 Черчіля на балансі 9:

Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:07 am

kapulA wrote:Well yeah, but historically tanks were often used in areas which weren't well suited to their strengths
    I couldn't agree more!
    Usually, all vehicles during the war used not at their primary purpose. The war is always lack of smth.: vehicles, shells, resources, ammunition, food...

As for mission No2, it was originally designed by me exactly for the Pz.IIIN: short distance, weak enemy.
    I'd not want to make another clone for the Tiger. It is more better to make the new Tiger's mission from the scratch. It is a very good polygon. And there were only two missions made on the base of it.
    I.e. task: defence the captured positions. It could be similar to Otto Carius mission.

dukling wrote:Атакував противника з лівого флангу, знищив 3 гармати, 4 т-70, т-34_43, 2 Черчіля на балансі 9
    Хороше досягнення!

PS
    During mission testing will73 found out that Tiger's model has a pretty much big hole near the mask Very Happy
    No wonder, my Commander is always dead, when HE shell hit the mask near hole Embarassed
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Which model ? The early one? What about the SS and late models( which should called Ausf. E rather than H) do they have the same hole as well?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:17 pm

frinik wrote:Which model ? The early one? What about the SS and late models( which should called Ausf. E rather than H) do they have the same hole as well?
    This is yellow Tiger ausf. H. Tiger SS is no longer has this name. It is "Tiger zimmerit". I think both has the same model, thus hole presented definitely. There is also Tiger H1 and late one, which I suppose similar to Tiger H and has the hole also, though I didn't check yet. As I told, Tiger is not my favor model, so I don't worry much abt. Smile
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 pm

lockie wrote:
    I'd not want to make another clone for the Tiger. It is more better to make the new Tiger's mission from the scratch. It is a very good polygon. And there were only two missions made on the base of it.
    I.e. task: defence the captured positions. It could be similar to Otto Carius mission.

Sounds like an even better idea, especially if the polygon is used only for 2 missions!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:29 am

So far, we've 8 missions for the "Tiger".
    One original (Kashara), 5 (half-replica), one almost original (Tiger instead Pz.IIIN), the seven is half-original too (former Kharkiv) and eight is by Rends. I've tweaked it a bit. Replaced Pz.IV/F2 on Pz.IV/H and T-34/76 on T-34/76-43(Mickie Mouse). There are two empty slots still left.
    We've the next ideas/suggestions/possibilities:
    1. make another original mission (I like this idea. Any scenarios?)
    2. add mission on the base of Siivertsy (Otto Carius)
    3. add mission on the base of "Hard as a rock"

PS
    That will be video before missipn d/l:

Last edited by lockie on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Campaign will get the new original mission "Olkhovatka, 11:30, 18th July".
    GrossDeutchland attack the Soviet stronghold Olkhovatka from the three directions.
    There will be three groups consist of Pz.IVH, STUGIII/F, Grenadiers. Each group attack from their personal direction. There will be 2xTigers and infantry platoon under user's command.
    The tasks:
    1. break through the defence line
    2. capture Olkhovatka
    3. repel the Soviet counter-attack of the 5th Guard Tank Army
    Mission will take a while, so don't waste rounds and keep engine cool Wink
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Sounds good! Smile
    Regarding the final mission, I think that both Carius and Hard as a Rock are good choices - why not even make it an 11-mission campaign and include both? Smile
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:58 pm

Btw, there is also a fun mission for the late Tiger model with Zimmerit in the Combat Episodes chapter... I can't recall the name right now (Koltov Corridor maybe?), but the premise is that you are in charge of a Tiger plt (4 tanks, including your own) and attack a Soviet held village, with a second plt of Tigers, defended by AT guns (ZiS 2 and 85mm AA/AT guns) and also 6 Is-2s. Possible 12th mission? Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:25 pm

kapulA wrote:Sounds good! Smile
    Regarding the final mission, I think that both Carius and Hard as a Rock are good choices
    I tried, I even played a bit with Carius mission, but I couldn't force myself to place this mission into Campaign. Well, Carius is so specific and unique battle with landscape, music, names then it should has a status as standalone or even more - has a personal Carius Campaign Cool
    As for "hard as a Rock" it is a pure example of the mission where the player is responsible for everything! Smile
    In the Campaign I'd like to see other troops from GrossDeutchland, which take part in the battle together with player.

kapulA wrote:Btw, there is also a fun mission for the late Tiger model with Zimmerit in the Combat Episodes chapter... I can't recall the name right now (Koltov Corridor maybe?)...Possible 12th mission? Smile
    Then Campaign will become another GMP4.x Very Happy
    Even 10 missions a bit tiring process to come through. 12 it's excess. And I'd like to keep standards: 10 missions = 1 Campaign.

BTW
    I've idea to rename "Single missions" on GMP4.x.
    In fact, Single and GMP has the same functionality and the current missions will be the good base for the GMP4.x All of them are default or came with SPM.
    So, what do u think?
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Well sure, if you'd like to keep to the 10 mission form there's only one mission left. Even better news! Very Happy

Regarding renaming Single Missions... sure, why not, but I can't think of anything better haha. The current name suits the character of the missions pretty nicely Smile
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 am

IMO GMPs should consits only of missions based on polygons absent in the basic STA.
    And "Single Missions" group should be reserved for missions of 1942 Kharkov battle (as in original SF).
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:02 am

kapulA wrote:if you'd like to keep to the 10 mission form there's only one mission left.
    I we can use the mission "Tiger defence". It is defenced mission and it'll be good for two reasons:
    1. briefing was made in Ukrainian language, thus would be interesting to read it in English
    2. Mission exactly devoted to epizode with GrossDeutchland !
    The Soviet juggernaut began rolling in earnest with the advance into the Germans' Orel salient. The diversion of the well-equipped Grosdeutschland Division from Belgorod to Karachev could not stop it, and a strategic decision was made to abandon Orel (retaken by the Red Army on the 5th August 1943) and fall back to the Hagen line in front of Bryansk. To the south, the Soviets blasted through Army Group South's Belgorod positions and headed for Kharkiv once again. Although intense battles of movement throughout late July and into August 1943 saw the Tigers blunting Soviet tank attacks on one axis, they were soon outflanked on another line to the west as the Soviets advanced down the Psel, and Kharkiv had to be evacuated for the final time on 22 August.
    We may use this quote as a final subtitles during the video.

Pointer wrote:IMO GMPs should consits only of missions based on polygons absent in the basic STA.
    And "Single Missions" group should be reserved for missions of 1942 Kharkov battle (as in original SF).
    OK, then let's don't be bothered abt. "Single" and leave as it is.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Mission No9 is ready.
    Balance "1" is for the accommodating. "5" is optimal. "10" for the real hard-asses Very Happy

PS
    I've found some maps Cool
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Mission 9 seems like it's going to be a brickful challenge. Have you thought about Koltov corridor as the possible 10th mission? Always seemed like a fun mission to me, some nice opportunities for 1500-1900m gunnery at the start. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:01 pm

kapulA wrote:Mission 9 seems like it's going to be a brickful challenge.
    I had a strong feeling to name mission as "Somewhere in hell!" Very Happy

Here's history note No9:

Meanwhile, 10th July 1943 Allied landed in Sicily and these news had reached the front, and on the 13th July Kluge and Manstein, overall commanders respectively of the northern and southern flanks of the Kursk offensive, were summoned to the Wolfs Lair to see Hitler. Operation Citadel was abandoned, despite Manstein's protests that Hoth's local successes should be exploited, and the Germans fell back on the defensive. On 18 July the 'Grossdeutschland' was pulled out of the line to a regrouped area around Tomarovka, which it had captured on 19 March, and on the 21st the division entrained to return to the central front at Karatschev, a village lying between Orel and Bryansk which it knew all too well from the previous winter's battles.

Have you thought about Koltov corridor as the possible 10th mission? Always seemed like a fun mission to me, some nice opportunities for 1500-1900m gunnery at the start. Smile
    Mission 10 is under testing Smile
    GrossDeutchland division resisted to Soviet advance from Olkhovatka, until in the middle July a strong Soviet attack caused GrossDeutchland to be rushed south to join Army Group South at Karachev, where the newly organized Tiger battalion joined the division. A fighting retreat along the central front continued through July. The Soviets had torn a 35-mile gap in the German line at Byelgorud and through this they poured, heading south-west toward the Dnypro River. Panzer Grenadier Division GrossDeutchland was slowly pushed back and by the 17th the men were fighting on the outskirts of Karachev. At Karachev and positions to the south-east, GrossDeutchland battled hard and for days with no rest, to counter the breakthrough.

PS
    10 mission is ready! I feel badly I have to name it as "All hells breaking loose" Very Happy
    I promise there will be hot!
    Originally mission based on the idea by MaxFH. I just re-designed it.

So, now STA2.0 mod has the real full Campaign devoted to Pz.VI "Tiger"! sunny

dukling

Post by dukling on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Mission No9 `Olhovatka` passed only on balance 5, had to work hard to break through the defense line of the enemy, captured Olhovatku and repel enemy counterattack with many T-34.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Це нелегка місія Smile Баланс 10 це взагалі жах  affraid
    Я дивлюся, що ти зробив переклад на русский язик?

Mission N9 is a very hard. Balance 10 - mission impossible affraid
    Did u make translation all text files?

dukling

Post by dukling on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Місія звичайно важка, але на балансі 5 пройти можна .А на російську мову просто файл дата цієї місії переклав російською гугловських перекладачем Very Happy

dukling

Post by dukling on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Mission No10 `Karachev` was passed only on the balance 2:
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:42 pm

dukling wrote:Mission No10 `Karachev` was passed only on the balance 2
    Я пройшов на "балансі 1", але без маркерів цілі Smile
    I've finished mission at "balance 1", but without target markers.

Last edited by lockie on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:56 am

Take a look at this site :

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tigers-02.htm

you'll see plenty of pics of tigers including one from Schwere Panzer Abteilung 509 with late 1943 camo which looks strikingly similar to the tricolour cam you have in your archives which is probably taken from the tiger epack mod made by ShocKwaVe in 2010.I also have it. You should use this for the Kursk missions.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:24 pm

A little something I prepared today to add some variation to the campaign Smile

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Just wanted to say that the mission... "The Nazi Power, 02 Achyrka 5 July 1943 PZ VI Tiger" leaves you still holding onto a smoking gun barrel and straining your neck searching for the next target, before you become the next target of opportunity.  Wow affraid

Many thank's to all of the hard work that was placed into this mission from the researching the battle, the excellent vehicle skins and the well thought out paths of the mission.

Just wanted a quick mission at 11:30 pm and now it is 12:57 am. But I have a victory, but not sure how! LoL Laughing

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Ehh, just tried playing the 1st mission, got promptly penetrated frontally by a ZiS-3 at 915m - should this be happening?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_mm_divisional_gun_M1942_(ZiS-3)#Ammunition_data

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 pm