Latest topics

» Calculation of the armor penetration
by lockie Today at 7:44 pm

» T-34/85/D5Т
by Glushak Today at 3:56 pm

» Airplane shotdown!
by Glushak Today at 2:16 pm

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Today at 6:53 am

» Terminated russian occupants in Ukraine
by lockie Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

» Movie The Man with the Iron Heart
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

» Question about german hetzer tank crew uniform
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

» STA3.2 version
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Muddy Winter Weather Mod

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Muddy Winter Weather Mod

Post by kapulA on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:20 pm

DL: 4shared.com/rar/BJE9MEqrce/Weather_Muddy_Winter_STA_11.html

Mod based on the great work of Maleshkin & lajcak. Custom Mk-II Matilda, Mk-III Valentine, StuG-III B, Pz-II C, Pz-VI Tiger, T-60 & 45mm 53-K AT gun skins by me (kapulA). Feel free to use them in any mod you wish, as long as you give credit where credit is due and all that Wink

P.S. I've included two Tiger skin variants for the earlier war period so you can choose which to use - mine is better suited for the mid-war winters ('43 and on) since it was made on the dark yellow basis unlike the other two which are based on Panzergrau. I was going for an early war winter feel for the mod (ala GT:OS), but sadly didn't have the time to create all the skins I meant to,  which will be released at a later date, probably. Wink Feel free to add your own in the meanwhile - hopefully in the end we'll have a modular early winter mod, suitable for a number of scenarios (Battle of the Bulge, early rasputitsa to snow transitional period etc).

The missions this mod might be well-suited for are the recently released Leningrad Tiger & T-60 missions and perhaps the earlier ones with the US defending in the Ardennes (sadly, the US skins lack winter skins at this time, but I hope to remedy this once I get around to finishing the early war winter skin collection).

Have fun!

The rest of  the screenshots:

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/kapulA_85/library/STA%20Muddy%20Winter?sort=9&page=1

Last edited by kapulA on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Muddy Winter Weather Mod

Post by lockie on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:55 pm

This is excellent work!
    The landscape looks a very unusual and new Tiger winter camo is beautiful! I was sure nobody would change SF in any manner, but u did it! I'm really impressed Cool
    I've a couple notes:
    1. Why I can't see any pictures? I've Opera.

So, I've re-uploaded some pictures as a thumbnails.

2. I'd not recommend to make completely separate mod. Coz in this case u've to watch on any new updates and put all necessary adjustments in it. I.e. at this moment mod "winter muddy" is compatible only with "FebUpd", but we already have SepUpd under testing.
    So, I'd like to note there is no need to compile all files (at least ~60% files are the same as "Winter" mod). Just make compilation, which will consist of only a textures files as u did with "Scorching summer".
    In the readme there should be annotation: install "muddy winter" after "winter" mod. Smt. like that:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 2.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. current update
    7. Weather Winter
    8. Weather Muddy Winter

I've already made a compilation and got a very weired result Very Happy

PS
    Did u manage to see models in OE with a good resolution?
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:36 pm

lockie wrote:This is excellent work!
    The landscape looks a very unusual and new Tiger winter camo is beautiful! I was sure nobody would change SF in any manner, but u did it! I'm really impressed
    I've a couple notes:
    1. Why I can't see any pictures? I've Opera.

Not sure about that. Maybe it's on your side? I am seeing them without any problems in Chrome. :/
    Thanks for the kind words! Did you try out the T-60 skin by any chance? I think it turned out pretty nice but I forgot to upload any screens of it...

lockie wrote:
    2. I'd not recommend to make completely separate mod. Coz in this case u've to watch on any new updates and put all necessary adjustments in it. I.e. at this moment mod "winter muddy" is compatible only with "FebUpd", but we already have SepUpd under testing.
    So, I'd like to note there is no need to compile all files (at least ~60% files are the same as "Winter" mod). Just make compilation, which will consist of only a textures files as u did with "Scorching summer".
    In the readme there should be annotation: install "muddy winter" after "winter" mod.

That's a good idea, but at the moment I'm back at my university and all the files are at my home comp, so could you maybe make the necessary adjustments for compatibility with the September update? And, I assume the main compatibility problems will arise because I edited common_res.engcfg and ger.engcfg and rus.engcfg in hum_cfg. The reason for those edits was to get more varied uniforms on the infantry - Russians wear uniforms of different shades and some have Ushankas, while some Germans have full white uniforms - I tried to get some Germans to have grey helmets instead of all of them wearing white ones, but the model named G_HELMETA in the ger.engcfg file also turns out to be a white helmet, instead of a grey one with a band around it, like it was before, and should be according to its texture. I'm ready to update this file for compatibility each time a new update is released, if its the main problem?

lockie wrote:
    I've already made a compilation and got a very weired result Very Happy

Well this is weird. Seems like the objects (flora, technics etc) textures work properly but the ground is bugged? Could you check that out as well, as I said I'm on my laptop now and can't really do much about it. Sad

lockie wrote:
    Did u manage to see models in OE with a good resolution?

I didn't, but I didn't have much time to mess around with it when we talked. Will msg you once I'm at my home computer again and see if we can get that working. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 pm

kapulA wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words! Did you try out the T-60 skin by any chance? I think it turned out pretty nice but I forgot to upload any screens of it...
    Not yet Smile So far, I've looked it over in OE and I may say it looks excellent! Great job!

That's a good idea, but at the moment I'm back at my university and all the files are at my home comp, so could you maybe make the necessary adjustments for compatibility with the September update?
    I did, but it doesn't work properly.

And, I assume the main compatibility problems will arise because I edited common_res.engcfg and ger.engcfg and rus.engcfg in hum_cfg. The reason for those edits was to get more varied uniforms on the infantry I'm ready to update this file for compatibility each time a new update is released, if its the main problem?
    According to my experience, it is better to keep one base mode, which could be added with additional mod. I'd like to suggest u to edit "Winter mod"(include all necessary helmets, uniform etc) and it'll be the base mode, then release on it the new version of the "Muddy winter". As my point it's better then every time make new adjustments for the TWO mods because of the new update coming.

Well this is weird. Seems like the objects (flora, technics etc) textures work properly but the ground is bugged?
    I'm still puzzled Very Happy

I didn't, but I didn't have much time to mess around with it when we talked. Will msg you once I'm at my home computer again and see if we can get that working. Smile
    OE it's a very handy utility. In fact, u can do almost nothing without it.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Well have the ground textures been changed in any in the September update maybe? I don't think I'll be able to figure this out until I get back home and I'm not sure when that will be. :/ Only option is if you can find the time to solve why the ground textures don't work :/
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Great job on the winter skins! Did you happen to do the winter skin for Jägdpanther? Hopefully soon! Here is a screenshot of Jägdtigers and Jägdpanthers together in Winter_Muddy v2:

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Thanks Kurt! There is a Jagdpanther skin in the files, but apparently the .dds file isn't named correctly since it's not showing up. You can just find the winter Jagdpanther skin in Weather_Winter_nosnow_STA_v2\data\k42\loc_rus\textures\techn\spguns (it's named techn_jagdpantherd_c.dds) and replace the current Ambush camo skin. To do this, just figure out what's the full name of the current camo skin, de-activate the Muddy Winter mod and rename techn_jagdpantherd_c.dds to whatever the current skin is named (it should be in your root data folder and/or STA full mod folder). After that you should have a white-washed Jagdpanther in your mod, after you re-activate it, of course. Smile

You shouldn't have any issues viewing the .dds files if you have a basic .dds file viewer (IrfanView should suffice, with the correct plugins, it's a free alternative to Photoshop, as is GIMP). I'll fix the file name in the next version of the mod, this one was compiled in a bit of a rush.

Hope this doesn't sound too complicated as it's a real cakewalk. Have fun! Smile
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 pm

kapulA wrote:Thanks Kurt! There is a Jagdpanther skin in the files, but apparently the .dds file isn't named correctly since it's not showing up. You can just find the winter Jagdpanther skin in Weather_Winter_nosnow_STA_v2\data\k42\loc_rus\textures\techn\spguns (it's named techn_jagdpantherd_c.dds) and replace the current Ambush camo skin. To do this, just figure out what's the full name of the current camo skin, de-activate the Muddy Winter mod and rename techn_jagdpantherd_c.dds to whatever the current skin is named (it should be in your root data folder and/or STA full mod folder). After that you should have a white-washed Jagdpanther in your mod, after you re-activate it, of course. Smile

You shouldn't have any issues viewing the .dds files if you have a basic .dds file viewer (IrfanView should suffice, with the correct plugins, it's a free alternative to Photoshop, as is GIMP). I'll fix the file name in the next version of the mod, this one was compiled in a bit of a rush.

Hope this doesn't sound too complicated as it's a real cakewalk. Have fun! Smile

Thanks, as always, I'll try and figure it out!

KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 pm

kapulA wrote:replace the current Ambush camo skin. To do this, just figure out what's the full name of the current camo skin, de-activate the Muddy Winter mod and rename techn_jagdpantherd_c.dds to whatever the current skin is named (it should be in your root data folder and/or STA full mod folder)

Hmm, root data folder/STA full mod folder? Where is that?

I found tech_jagdpantherd_c in Weather_Winter_Muddy_STA_v2/data/k42/loc_rus/textures/techn/spguns, so just need the location of the other one.

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:18 am

Kurt by root he means the main data folder. For example when you open your game folder you see a a data folder along with a bin , docs , root, out, users then the various mission editor .bat field all the way down to the starter. That data is the game root folder. Now for the STA one it's the same principle. Just go into your MODs folder open the STA Weather-Winter mod folder and you'll see the root data folder which contains amongst others the texture folder you are looking for.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:51 am

frinik wrote:Kurt by root he means the main data folder. For example when you open your game folder you see a a data folder along with a bin , docs , root, out, users  then the various mission editor .bat field all the way down to the starter. That data is the game root folder. Now for the STA one it's the same principle. Just go into your MODs folder open the STA Weather-Winter mod folder and you'll see the root data folder which contains amongst others the texture folder you are looking for.

I got it. I just had to look at the thumbnail to figure out what color and pattern it was, then I just copied and pasted.

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

There you go, late-war winter extravaganza! Wink
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:08 pm

bounce Thanks!

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:03 am

Update 1.1 (or 2.1, doesn't really matter, I suck at patch naming anyways Razz ):

Added BT-5, ZiS-3 and PaK 36 skins, courtesy of yours truly. Also, some minor adjustments of inf skins (new German MGunner, German tank and SPG commanders now in winter gear, along with certain crew members).

DL: 4shared.com/rar/BJE9MEqrce/Weather_Muddy_Winter_STA_11.html

Should be compatible with the September update - didn't test extenisively, but managed to get some games in - in case of issues please report here. Smile

And some screens:

I recommend replaying Kyth's excellent Pz III campaign, Not so Quiet on the Eastern Front - it's got quite a nice feeling to it with the mod, ala late '42. Smile Might go through it and replace some T-60s with the T-70s, along with changing out the StuG III Cs for Fs, once I winterize them, that is, for full period accuracy, hah. Smile

Hope you have fun and sorry for the large file size, I'll try to make only incremental patches from here on, to keep the DL size down.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:06 am

Bonus screen - bullseye with the Panzerjaeger 1; only took 1 shell Razz

frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Good work KapulA; both on the winter mod and the one-shot kill....
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 am

Finally gave this mod a run and it gives the battlefield a really great winter look overall and works well with the vehicle winter skins.

Excellent work and thank's to all involved.  Very Happy

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Glad you like it woofie! Regarding the skins, the mod is better suited for early/mid war scenarios at this time, but I have included a couple of alternative skins (the Tiger, and the German halftrack) in the files you can switch out for the current early/mid war winter skins which are prevalent atm (it's a small detail, the alternative skins have a yellow basis instead of the current grey one, which are better suited for later war scenarios, like the one with the Panther G you were playing).

You can do it manually if by renaming the files and then deactivating and reactivating the mod, if it even bothers you. I'll release a later war patch at a later date with winter Waffen SS infantry and German vehicles with a yellow basis etc. Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:44 pm

kapulA... Regarding the skins, the mod is better suited for early/mid war scenarios at this time, but I have included a couple of alternative skins (the Tiger, and the German halftrack) in the files you can switch out for the current early/mid war winter skins which are prevalent atm (it's a small detail, the alternative skins have a yellow basis instead of the current grey one, which are better suited for later war scenarios, like the one with the Panther G you were playing).

You can do it manually if by renaming the files and then deactivating and reactivating the mod, if it even bothers you

Would really like to give those new skins a try and manually adding the skins would not be a problem at all.

Many thank's for the opportunity to tryout these new skins and. Wicked! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 pm