» Video from SF
by geoweb35 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 am

» Ride the Tiger
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 pm

» AnotherBattleEffectMOD(ABEM)for STA3.2
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 pm

» Screenshots funny and serious :)
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

» Варіанти Т-34-76 в житті та в грі (T-34 variants live and game)
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 pm

February 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Steel Furys need for a monster Computer!

Donken

Steel Furys need for a monster Computer!

Post by Donken on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Finally i got my new rig, and the first thing i wanted to test was Steel Fury of course, after a long time with an old laptop, this is heaven.
    And best of all now i can get back to modding!

Here is my test results:

I will take more pictures as i install and check the Game Mission Packs!

And the important things in the little aluminiumcase:
    Intel 4790K (stock speed)
    GTX770 (stock speed)

Interesting thou, even that the cpu is at 4.4Ghz at turbo speed and only use one core, it will not use that core 100% and it lower the FPS, down to 40fps sometimes.
    And another point of interest, before i configred nvidia inspector SF only used 40% (at most) of GPU power, with AA on in inspector it uses between 75 and 90% (with 16AA etc etc)

So i can tell now that the computer is not bottlenecking the game anymore, its just a very poorly optimized game engine Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Steel Furys need for a monster Computer!

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Donken wrote:
    Interesting thou, even that the cpu is at 4.4Ghz at turbo speed and only use one core...
    4.4Ghz that's incredible! That's impossible to transfer data, coz there is 'skin effect' - current goes along welded line on the mother-board. or may be i don't understand smth.  alien 

Donken

Post by Donken on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

lockie wrote:
    Donken wrote:
    Interesting thou, even that the cpu is at 4.4Ghz at turbo speed and only use one core...
    4.4Ghz that's incredible! That's impossible to transfer data, coz there is 'skin effect' - current goes along welded line on the mother-board.

Haha Very Happy
    It is very much possible xD A few people on a swedish Overcloking forum, have already got it running at over 5ghz stable Razz

And about the skin effect, its such a low latency throu the very few currents so there is little to none skin effect in a computer Razz
    Its more of a Hi-Fi cable problem =)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Donken wrote:
    And about the skin effect, its such a low latency throu the very few currents so there is little to none skin effect in a computer Razz
    That's completely out of my knowledge, coz I know that Hi-Fi does range 20Hz-20KHz with distortions no more that (0.2-0.5) Db
    But 4GHz - it's... What a Face  What a Face  What a Face it's INCREDIBLE!

PS
    Or may be I'm getting old Smile

Donken

Post by Donken on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 pm

lockie wrote:
    Donken wrote:
    That's completely out of my knowledge, coz I know that Hi-Fi does range 20Hz-20KHz with distortions no more that (0.2-0.5) Db
    But 4GHz - it's... What a Face  What a Face  What a Face it's INCREDIBLE!

PS
    Or may be I'm getting old Smile

Its your age! hihi

A cpus clock cycle is a different thing than Hz in cables, You cant compare them really =)
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 am

Excellent news Donken, happy that you've got yourself a "Wunderwaffe"  to play SF. An intel processor is a must for gaming. I am sorry to say AMD cpus just don't cut it unless you have to game on a budget... RE the game engine I have said many times in the past I can play demanding games like Arma 2, Far Cry 2 & 3, Battlefield 3 and Crysis far smoother and fluidly than SF....

1) what settings are you suing in Nvidia inspector to squeeze the most juice out of your GTX770M?

2) I am curious about your laptop what make and specs did it have?

Cheers

Donken

Post by Donken on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

frinik wrote:Excellent news Donken, happy that you've got yourself a "Wunderwaffe"  to play SF. An intel processor is a must for gaming. I am sorry to say AMD cpus just don't cut it unless you have to game on a budget... RE the game engine I have said many times in the past I can play demanding games like Arma 2, Far Cry 2 & 3, Battlefield 3 and Crysis far smoother and fluidly than SF....

1) what settings are you suing in Nvidia inspector to squeeze the most juice out of your GTX770M?

2) I am curious about your laptop what make and specs did it have?

Cheers

Ah no, this is not an laptop. Its a stationary computer =) That i bought one week ago!

The one i had after i moved to Stockholm (6 months ago) was a laptop Very Happy
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Donken, I understood that your current pc is a desktop what I was asking was what your old laptop was ; brand and specs.....

Also what are your settings in Nvidia inspector?

Donken

Post by Donken on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm

frinik wrote:Donken, I understood that your current pc is a desktop what I was asking was what your old laptop was ; brand and specs.....

Also what are  your settings in Nvidia inspector?

Ohh!

This one: Toshiba Satellite C670D but with 640gb hdd and 6gb ram Very Happy A real monster, NOT
    SF did work on it but it was a pain. Lowest possible settings and with a single unit ~15fps

And the nvidia inspector settings are the same as on this one:

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm

I game just fine with an AMD cpu and video card . It's just an Nvidia inspired rumor that they are superior. Wink 
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:51 am

This one: Toshiba Satellite C670D but with 640gb hdd and 6gb ram Very Happy A real monster, NOT
    SF did work on it but it was a pain. Lowest possible settings and with a single unit ~15fps

That bring sweet memories! I started playing SF on a Toshiba Satellite too. A European model (P-300) which I purchased back in 2009 when I was in Tunisia.A 17 " screen( res 1440 X 900), 4 gbs ram, 320 GB Hd, an intel Celeron cpu 2.0 ghtz and an AMD 3650 ddr3 with barely 512 mbs of video mem and Harman Kardon integrated speakers. Me too I was getting from 11 to 25 fp depending on the mission. Still have the old beast but now only use it to watch dvds or play old games....

I agree with you Tanker AMD makes good gpus. Actually DF favour them over Nvidia. But Intel make better, more performing processors but more expensive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 am