Latest topics

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

08_SepUpd_2015 report

Pointer

08_SepUpd_2015 report

Post by Pointer on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 am

Full report in a week, now only a small fix after look into 08_SepUpd_2015 files belonging to T-34 M42 cockpit implementation.
    I've found one element of this implementation lacking: the correction of settings of T-34-42 shells 3d models for loading animations.
    Without this fix, the loading animation of sub-calibre BR-354P shell is lacking (the loader carries nothing).
    Here fix applied to the current version of common_res.engcfg file:

http://sendfile.pl/pokaz/461100---Hi2f.html
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: 08_SepUpd_2015 report

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 am

The issue has been solved. In fact, BR-354P had the different form than shrapnel shell. I've shared, my and er opinions abt. this point with will73 and he has worked out the issue in the radical manner Smile
    He has made a new model of BR-354P and forced it available in the game Cool

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 am

Hi !

Let me report other little bug:

When trying the Firing Ground scenario (GMP 1.45) with the default Stug III G assault gun, I have noticed that when I am in the gunner position, and I press "Num +" or "Num -" to adjust the range (instead of the mouse whell) the range is properly adjusted in the gunsight. Fine. However, at the same time, I get a voice and a text stating "too far" or "too close" corresponding to the aiming correction that the commander can do by pressing "Num +" or "Num -". Since I am at the gunner position those commander orders should not be activated by my key pressing...

Could you please check it?

It happens with the Stug III G. It does not happen with other tanks that I have tested...

Txema
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:19 am

Txema wrote:
    Since I am at the gunner position those commander orders should not be activated by my key pressing...
    Could you please check it?
    It happens with the Stug III G. It does not happen with other tanks that I have tested...
    It's interesting bug.
    For any case change the key "Fire" on any other, ie ";".

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Other little bug:

When I am in the map view (F8) and I press "center map on player's tank", the map is centered in other point, away from the player's tank...

Can you reproduce this bug?

And a comment:

Now, when I am in the commander position, I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should be able to give these orders directly to the loader... don't you think so? Why have they been removed from the commander position?
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 pm

lockie wrote:The issue has been solved. In fact, BR-354P had the different form than shrapnel shell. I've shared, my and er opinions abt. this point with will73 and he has worked out the issue in the radical manner Smile
    He has made a new model of BR-354P and forced it available in the game Cool

Beautiful shell. What about the link to this fix?

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:25 am

Hi again !

The missions from GMP 2.35:

25. Gaitolovo (KV-85)
    26. Gaitolovo (Pz.IV Ausf.H)

are not working. Steel Fury crashes after 99% when loading them.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi, Txema
    Thank u for the detailed report!

When trying the Firing Ground scenario (GMP 1.45) with the default Stug III G assault gun, I have noticed that when I am in the gunner position, and I press "Num +" or "Num -" to adjust the range (instead of the mouse whell) the range is properly adjusted in the gunsight. Fine. However, at the same time, I get a voice and a text stating "too far" or "too close" corresponding to the aiming correction that the commander can do by pressing "Num +" or "Num -".
    I've checked out Stug IIIG and it works fine. There is no doubled Commander voice when I press "Num +" or "Num -" to adjust the range fro Gunner's place.

When I am in the map view (F8) and I press "center map on player's tank", the map is centered in other point, away from the player's tank...
    Can you reproduce this bug?
    That's smth. strange. I never met such situation.

when I am in the commander position, I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should be able to give these orders directly to the loader... don't you think so? Why have they been removed from the commander position?
    I can't reproduce this bug on the Stug IIIG.

25. Gaitolovo (KV-85)
    I've checked out 26. Gaitolovo (Pz.IV Ausf.H) and it works fine.

Mission 25. Gaitolovo (KV-85) works fine also.

Did u enable 4Gb patch to extend memory for the game?

Pointer wrote:Beautiful shell. What about the link to this fix?
    Suppose, it'll be available in STA2.0.
    Check out PM.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi Lockie !

Sorry for all the misunderstandings in my report. I have not explained the issues properly !

Let's see:

1)
    When trying the Firing Ground scenario (GMP 1.45) with the default Stug III G assault gun, I have noticed that when I am in the gunner position, and I press "Num +" or "Num -" to adjust the range (instead of the mouse whell) the range is properly adjusted in the gunsight. Fine. However, at the same time, I get a voice and a text stating "too far" or "too close" corresponding to the aiming correction that the commander can do by pressing "Num +" or "Num -".

Sorry, I was referring to the default tank that appears in the "Firing Ground (Stug IIIG)" scenario: it is the "wer_mspn2" - Stug III F (early). I thought by mistake that it was the Stug IIIG, but it is the "wer_mspn2" - Stug III F (early). Could you please check it?

2)
    When I am in the map view (F8) and I press "center map on player's tank", the map is centered in other point, far away from the player's tank... Can you reproduce this bug?

I continue having this bug. It happens because I have increased my screen resolution to 2560 X 1440. If I set my resolution to 1280 X 768, for example, "center map on player's tank" works perfectly. Perhaps will73 can look into this Very Happy

3)
    when I am in the commander position, I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should be able to give these orders directly to the loader... don't you think so? Why have they been removed from the commander position?

- If I test this in the Stug IIIG, I can see that when the commander is inside the tank it works properly, but when the commander is in the "outside" position (after pressing P) the bug arises and I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should still be able to give orders to the loader through his throat microphone even in the "outside" position.

- If I test this in the PzIVF2, I can see that when the commander is inside the tank or when he is in the "outside" position (after pressing P), the bug arises and I can not give orders to the loader.

It seems that it depends on the tank, but the bug happens. Could you please check it?

4)
    25. Gaitolovo (KV-85)

I had the 4Gb patch enabled on the "starter.exe" file but NOT on the "shell.exe" file. I have enabled the 4Gb patch on both files and now the mission works properly... Very Happy

Thank you very much for all your help !

Txema

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Other bug:

5) In the "Tutorial Missions", 3rd mission: "Kazan, Commanding tutorial", the player is supposed to have an infantry squad attached to his tank, but in the current version only an UK Matilda tank with NO infantry is available. Without the attached infantry the tutorial mission can not be carried out properly.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Txema wrote:
    - If I test this in the Stug IIIG, I can see that when the commander is inside the tank it works properly, but when the commander is in the "outside" position (after pressing P) the bug arises and I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should still be able to give orders to the loader through his throat microphone even in the "outside" position.
    I think it's possible to fix, but only for the personal use, coz it's default feature.
    1. open file:
    data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\tech_cfg\misc\stug3g_places.engcfg
    2. change entry:
    wp_commander, 0x18, 0.03, gunner, head2, commander, sig_commander, commander, s_commander, s_commander_out,  p_commander, p_commander_out, s_commander_exit, stug3_commander, %ROLE_COMMANDER%;
    on
    wp_commander, 0x58, 0.03, gunner, head2, commander, sig_commander, commander, s_commander, s_commander_out,  p_commander, p_commander_out, s_commander_exit, stug3_commander, %ROLE_COMMANDER%;

Here's all flags.
    flags:
    //WPF_VISIBLE  = 0x00000001,        //crew-member is visible
    //WPF_COLL   = 0x00000002,        //crew-member may collision/bump into
    //WPF_LIVE   = 0x00000004,        //crew-member walks himself
    //WPF_SETSIDE  = 0x00000008,        //player assign the side(USSR, GER, USA, GBR)
    //WPF_USER   = 0x00000010,16       //player may take a seat
    //WPF_INOUTCTRLS = 0x00000020,32    //disables the controls when unbuttoned
    //WPF_AIGUNBLOCK = 0x00000040,64    //turns off the AI controls, AI cant use gun
    //WPF_BLOCK =  0x00000080,128 //don't show the weapon of the crew-members in the tank
    //0x18/24=16+8     -                  //player take a seat, assign the side
    //0x19/25=16+8+1   -                  //player take a seat, assign the side, crew-member is visible
    //0x38/56=32+16+8  -                  //disables controls when unbuttoned, player take a seat, assign the side
    //0x49/73=64+8+1 -                  //turns off the AI controls, player assign the side, crew-member is visible
    //0х58/88=64+16+8  -                  //turns off the AI controls, player take a seat, player assign the side
    //0x1b/27=16+8+2+1 -                  //player may take a seat, player assign the side, crew-member may collision, crew-member is visible
    //0x9b/155=128+16+8+2+1 -    //don't show weapon, player controlled, player assign the side, may collision, crewmember is visible
    //0x99/153=128+16+8+1 -         //don't show weapon, player may take a seat, player assign the side, crewmember visible

EDIT 22.08.2015
    Txema wrote:5) In the "Tutorial Missions", 3rd mission: "Kazan, Commanding tutorial", the player is supposed to have an infantry squad attached to his tank, but in the current version only an UK Matilda tank with NO infantry is available. Without the attached infantry the tutorial mission can not be carried out properly.
    Fixed.

1) When trying the Firing Ground scenario (GMP 1.45) with the default Stug III G assault gun, I have noticed that when I am in the gunner position, and I press "Num +" or "Num -" to adjust the range (instead of the mouse whell) the range is properly adjusted in the gunsight. Fine. However, at the same time, I get a voice and a text stating "too far" or "too close" corresponding to the aiming correction that the commander can do by pressing "Num +" or "Num -".
    Yes, in STUG IIIF there is such bug. U can easily fix it. Just remap the default keys on any other, ie. Ctr+"+" and Ctr+"-".

2)When I am in the map view (F8) and I press "center map on player's tank", the map is centered in other point, far away from the player's tank... Can you reproduce this bug?
    I continue having this bug. It happens because I have increased my screen resolution to 2560 X 1440. If I set my resolution to 1280 X 768, for example, "center map on player's tank" works perfectly. Perhaps will73 can look into this
    I think it's impossible to fix without source code.

Last edited by lockie on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:47 am

#1. The British field gun: the position of one of gunners needs correction

#2. I've tested the T-43 M42 Desant and both versions of T-34/85: now everything OK.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:57 am

Pointer wrote:
    #1. The British field gun: the position of one of gunners needs correction
    This is a well-known bug. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. Sometimes gunner is placed good, sometimes not. Then he moves to the gun shield after each shot and finally his head is out from shield. After a while he is getting back on his start position. Perhaps, if add animation of the reloading then gunner will stay at the same place.
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Txema

I continue having this bug. It happens because I have increased my screen resolution to 2560 X 1440. If I set my resolution to 1280 X 768, for example, "center map on player's tank" works perfectly

Did you install fix 16:9?

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:31 am

will73 wrote:
    Txema

I continue having this bug. It happens because I have increased my screen resolution to 2560 X 1440. If I set my resolution to 1280 X 768, for example, "center map on player's tank" works perfectly

Did you install fix 16:9?

Hi will73,

No, I had not installed fix 16:9 because I was testing "u8_Sep_Upd_2015" and the fix 16:9 is for July update.
    However now I have installed fix 16:9 and "center map on player's tank" works much better !! The player's tank is not just at the center of the map, but it is quite close (the player's tank is shifted upwards but it is perfectly visible when I click on "center map on player's tank"). It is not perfect but it is good enough. Thank you very much !! cheers

Txema
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm

I had the 4Gb patch enabled on the "starter.exe" file but NOT on the "shell.exe" file. I have enabled the 4Gb patch on both files and now the mission works properly... Very Happy

Thank you very much for all your help !

Txema
    Not sure what the 4gb patch to extend memory is. Is it in any of the updates, and what is the process for enabling in starter.exe and shell.exe?

By the way, the wide screen fix is awesome!

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Please, see question number 2 in the FAQ:

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 am

Txema wrote:Now, when I am in the commander position, I can not give orders to the loader (which kind of shell to load ("1" - AP, "2" - HE, etc..) and "R" - to start or stop reloading). I think that the commander should be able to give these orders directly to the loader... don't you think so? Why have they been removed from the commander position?
    I don't think it's a bug. Game Settings>Key Setup doesn't allow you to assign a key for the commander to pick shell. I think the commander should have that option too.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:25 am

Txema wrote:Please, see question number 2 in the FAQ:

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury
    Thanks, got it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:07 am