Latest topics

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by Zedd_Zol Today at 3:10 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Today at 2:50 pm

» Легкий танк Pz-38(t)
by will73 Today at 1:37 pm

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 7:37 am

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 5:49 am

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 pm

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Some thoughts on Steel Fury

Technopiper

Some thoughts on Steel Fury

Post by Technopiper on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09 pm

I have been playing Steel Fury with STA mod for over two weeks now and wanted to write about it. I have not found one bad mission so far, every single mission is well designed. I don't know how it is possible, but reviews seven years ago don't look very good for Steel Fury, so it must have been something you guys did. "Not epic" said one review. Well, everything is epic in this game, from battle scale to cinematic scope. I kept saying "wow" as I play it. Every mission exceeds my expectation by a little bit.

As I said, every mission is wonderful. But the one that gave me the biggest blast is the fourth mission of the Barbarossa Campaign:

Joachim Peiper himself assigned me to capture Soviet officers for interogation. I traveled through villages, taking out a KV-2 on the way (let's just say "ouch"), losing my platoon piece-by-piece to AT-guns along the way, when it turns into a drizzle, then into pouring rain. I found myself struggling to see through the viewport as I sneaked among trees, hoping to take the enemy by surprise, only to find that tanks were waiting for me in the forest. What followed was a brutal and clumsy knife-fight with trees blocking vision and getting in the way. As if that wasn't hardcore enough, a storm was brewing right outside my window. I was taken out by a T-28 in the end but could not restart, for I needed time out to recover from goosebumps. I am saving the mission for another stormy day.

Just want to yell out a big thank you for everyone who contributed to this game in anyway, including those who had been so helpful to each and every new comers.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Some thoughts on Steel Fury

Post by frinik on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:15 am

Steel Fury is one of those underrated , unfairly neglected games. Blame Graviteam for not trumpetting their game and Lighthouse Interactive for going belly up without truly publicising this game.
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:05 pm

I can give much worse example: I was waiting for Panzer Elite 2 and got Panzer Elite ACTION. Brrrrr!!!!
    Neglect is better then a shit-successor.

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 am

Just had another "wow" moment. In the last T-34/85 misson, my heart skipped a beat as flares began falling from the sky, revealing the terrifying beauty of the landscape. Next you're going to tell me that Tigers can fire their smoke grenades, no? Kiddings aside, I only discovered that a while ago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 pm