Latest topics

» Hello, new to Steel Fury/STA... where do I start?
by frinik Today at 4:01 am

» Моделi невеличких об'єктів/Modeling small objects
by lockie Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» JS-2 gunsight reticle
by geoweb35 Yesterday at 11:18 am

» Game Missions Pack #02 (GMP 2.37)
by lockie Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm

» Donations for the forum
by Jamrom2 Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:03 pm

» Tanks in the movies
by Jamrom2 Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:04 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by Lavrinenko Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

» Computer Overhaul
by woofiedog Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar


    Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Share
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:31 am

    Just wondering: Used to be that you could kill infantry with mg body shots and head shots. Now it seems that only a head shot will kill them? I can fire all day at the body and only when I hit the head does the infantry drop.
    avatar
    Pointer

    Posts : 157
    Join date : 2015-04-18
    Location : Poland

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by Pointer on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 am

    The same observations, the same doubts.

    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 374
    Join date : 2014-07-27

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by Tanker on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:14 am

    I never noticed that. Damned zombies!
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:17 am

    Pointer wrote:The same observations, the same doubts.
    Seems like it used to be easier to drop the infantry....something changed?
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:18 am

    Tanker wrote:I never noticed that.  Damned zombies!
    affraid
    avatar
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

    Posts : 1347
    Join date : 2014-07-27
    Age : 60
    Location : Abu Dhabi-UAE

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by frinik on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:50 am

    From Steel Fury to Steel Infantry????? Shocked
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:16 am

    frinik wrote:From Steel Fury to Steel Infantry????? Shocked
    cheers
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3519
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by lockie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:30 am

    KurtTank wrote: Now it seems that only a head shot will kill them? I can fire all day at the body and only when I hit the head does the infantry drop.
    Do u mean that in the default game u may kill infantry in the body? That's interesting. It does infantry body has armor map and it was changed by STA mod. I wonder which armor map affected it?
    avatar
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2014-07-29
    Location : Split, Cro

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by kapulA on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:48 pm

    I also noticed the Soviets being rather resilient to my coax MG34 in the Tiger chapter "West of Kharkov". :/
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 pm

    frinik wrote:From Steel Fury to Steel Infantry????? Shocked
    Haha! bounce
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 pm

    lockie wrote:
    KurtTank wrote: Now it seems that only a head shot will kill them? I can fire all day at the body and only when I hit the head does the infantry drop.
    Do u mean that in the default game u may kill infantry in the body? That's interesting. It does infantry body has armor map and it was changed by STA mod. I wonder which armor map affected it?
    Not sure, I haven't tried the stock game in a while, but it does seem as if a head shot kills the infantry, not a body shot. Anybody else see this?
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:30 pm

    kapulA wrote:I also noticed the Soviets being rather resilient to my coax MG34 in the Tiger chapter "West of Kharkov". :/
    Maybe the armor map changed in STA? I don't remember it being so difficult to kill Soviet infantry (don't know about other infantry).....aim high, I say! cheers

    Technopiper

    Posts : 144
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by Technopiper on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:50 pm

    The animations of infantry hit does look like headshots, but does it necessarily mean they are headshots? I find the hit pattern somewhat realistic, infantry ARE harder to hit, because they present a smaller target. In this game it is possible to hit infantry at 1000m, albeit with large ammo consumption. Are those hit all headshots? I'm not so sure.
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:53 pm

    Technopiper wrote:The animations of infantry hit does look like headshots, but does it necessarily mean they are headshots? I find the hit pattern somewhat realistic, infantry ARE harder to hit, because they present a smaller target. In this game it is possible to hit infantry at 1000m, albeit with large ammo consumption. Are those hit all headshots? I'm not so sure.
    I'll try and get video to post. I assault a village and the infantry panic and run, so there are many targets towards the end. I'll make an informal poll to verify.

    witt88

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2014-09-22
    Location : Queensland Australia

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by witt88 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am

    I've noticed the same thing is there any change to the armour map we can make to restore infantry values. They are certainly harder to hit than before. Any hints at what values I could change and test and report back to the other forum members.
    avatar
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

    Posts : 364
    Join date : 2015-06-11
    Age : 57
    Location : Kalispell, Montana USA

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by KurtTank on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 pm

    witt88 wrote:I've noticed the same thing is there any change to the armour map we can make to restore infantry values. They are certainly harder to hit than before. Any hints at what values I could change and test and report back to the other forum members.
    Good, I thought I was a poor shot What a Face

    Sponsored content

    Re: Killing infantry with only head shot?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 am