MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

02_JulUpd_2015 report

Pointer

02_JulUpd_2015 report

Post by Pointer on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Old bugs
    ========

#1. Compass bug (reported in 04_JunUpd_2015) still present.

#2. Soviet loaders bug (reported together with solution in 04_JunUpd_2015) still present.

#3. T-34/85 Desant: I'm sitting on the commander's place and the AI is rotating my periscope.

#4. T-34/85 non-desant: the maingun sight shouldn't be present on the commander's position.

#5. Definitions of passenger places in non-desant t3485_places.engcfg .

New bugs
    ========

#1. Definitions of passenger places in non-desant t34_42_places.engcfg (this one I've fixed in the cockpit implementation).

#2. Platoon 3 x T-34/76 M42Desant: wingmen ignore all orders.
       Single T-34/76 M42Desant: the desant group ignores the order "get in".
       No corelation with the cockpit implementation mod: these bugs occur with and without cockpit.
       May be helpfull, that such bugs don't occur with T-34/85Desant.

#3. Mission GMP 2.35/#32 "Capture the prisoner!" (T-34/76 M43) CTD 35% error 001 (doesn't occur with 04_JunUpd_2015 and older versions).
       No corelation with the cockpit implementation mod: this bug occures with and without cockpit.
       Extra: missions #32-#35 have different titles in the game and in the docs file.

#4. Pack mistake: \MODS\u02_JulUpd_2015\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\tech_cfg\coc_kv1b.engcfg

Remarks about missions settings
    ===============================

The missions group "Single missions" is a stock-game group. It may be modified, but IMO should be reserved for missions strictly belonging to the Kharkov 1942 battle.
    The last 2 missions (for IS-2 and KingTiger) violate that rule. They should be moved to the "Combat episodes" group and renamed with names pointing to sensible location and time. They also need new introduction on the selection screen, changed briefings and geographic names on the maps.
    Additionally, in the case of KingTiger mission, the player should be placed in "cockpitable" version of that tank.

The last remark also addressed to:
    GMP2/#07: A miracle-weapon (Jagdtiger)
    GMP2/#49: "Behemoth" hunting, May 1945 (Jagdtiger)
    GMP3/#39: Counterstrike, 27 January 1945 ("King Tiger")
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: 02_JulUpd_2015 report

Post by lockie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:52 am

Thanks for report!
    Pointer wrote:
    #1. Compass bug (reported in 04_JunUpd_2015) still present.
    I don't know how to fix it.

#2. Soviet loaders bug (reported together with solution in 04_JunUpd_2015) still present.
    Fix was included into the file:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\hum_cfg\hum_links_tnk.engcfg
    fix:
    //объекты привязки
    links()
    {
    //имя, чанк1, чанк2, beta, alpha, gamma, x, y, z

//две руки //0
    //влево/вправо, верх/низ, вперед/назад
    2hands, s_palec_07, s_palec_01, 2, 0, 0,   0.03, -0.1, 0.12;

//спина //1
    // back, s_tors_02, , 90, 180, 5,  -0.1, -0.05, -0.12;
    back, s_tors_02, , 90, 180, 5,  -0.2, -0.05, -0.12;
    //правая рука //2
    rhand, s_palec_07,;
    //левая рука //3
    lhand, s_palec_01,;
    //голова //4
    head, Bip01_HeadNub, , 0, 0, 0;
    //повернутая голова //5
    head2, Bip01_HeadNub, , 180, 0, 90;
    //повернутая голова (для камеры) //6
    head3, s_golova_01, , 0, 0, 0;
    //основной чанк тела //7
    back, s_tors_02, , 0, 0, -90,  -0.1, 0, 0;
    //две руки для снарядов //8
    //by Kyth for KV-1 cocpit (generally better than original, not only for KV-1)
    2hands_shell, s_palec_07, s_palec_01, 2, -4, 5,   0.0, -0.01, 0.04;
    // 2hands_shell, s_palec_07, s_palec_01, 0, 0, 0,   0.0, 0.0, 0.0;

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Do NOT insert/delete entries above this line
    // (their ordinal numbers 0-8 must stay unchanged)

#3. T-34/85 Desant: I'm sitting on the commander's place and the AI is rotating my periscope.
    #4. T-34/85 non-desant: the maingun sight shouldn't be present on the commander's position.
    #5. Definitions of passenger places in non-desant t3485_places.engcfg .
    I'll have a look.
    Fixed 11.08.2015.

#1. Definitions of passenger places in non-desant t34_42_places.engcfg (this one I've fixed in the cockpit implementation).
    Fixed

Fixed.

#3. Mission GMP 2.35/#32 "Capture the prisoner!" (T-34/76 M43) CTD 35% error 001 (doesn't occur with 04_JunUpd_2015 and older versions).
    I'll have a look.
    Fixed 11.08.2015.

The missions group "Single missions" is a stock-game group. It may be modified, but IMO should be reserved for missions strictly belonging to the Kharkov 1942 battle.
    Oh, that's too severe limitations. There were many users missions, which were included into this pack.

The last 2 missions (for IS-2 and KingTiger) violate that rule. They should be moved to the "Combat episodes" group and renamed with names pointing to sensible location and time. They also need new introduction on the selection screen, changed briefings and geographic names on the maps.
    Briefing it's the most hard work. Definitely, I wont do this.

Additionally, in the case of KingTiger mission, the player should be placed in "cockpitable" version of that tank.
    That's for the user's home-work Smile

Last edited by lockie on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 pm

lockie wrote:
    Pointer wrote:
    IMO such attitude is unfair and demotivating in relation to the cockpit author.
    And what is the sense in hidding the improvements? Unless the King Tiger and Jagdtiger cockpits are WIPs, not final versions. Are they?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Donken wrote:
    Pointer wrote:
    lockie wrote:
    Pointer wrote:
    IMO such attitude is unfair and demotivating in relation to the cockpit author.
    And what is the sense in hidding the improvements? Unless the King Tiger and Jagdtiger cockpits are WIPs, not final versions. Are they?

As for me the author of both these interiors, i have told lockie many times to remove both the old king tiger models and jagdtiger models because of this. They are almost finished products, i lost interest in doing the final touches on all interiors And im also losing interest in making 3d models for the game. But he is the author of the STA packs so its hes decision Very Happy
    I, for one, would like to see them used as the default cockpit for Kingtigers, Donken. I hope enthusiasm for this game would live on, having just discovered it two weeks ago. I didn't upgrade my old PC until 2012, and I skipped this game entirely. Fortunately I didn't miss out much because you guys have made a brand new game out of it!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 pm

I'd like to remind that STA is a BASE mod. The base could be good or could be not good, but we need it. That's why there are some mods, which changes the base mod. I see this topic has a big interest! It does that SF is still alive and mod STA is on the right way Smile
    All mentioned missions already done and have original idea and authority. I don't want to put out smth. from them. There is always a possibility for any users to improve the mission (or even create a new one). That's a good reason to use ME and force user to make it, thus it'll lead us for the new missions creating bounce Cool
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 am

I am with Lockie on that one. It's up to players to familiarize themselves with the working of the Mission Editors( you need not be a cryptographer nor an Egyptologist to figure out how it works) and then make the changes of tank/vehicle they would like to have or play. I don't see why Lockie should make or change the default vehicles when people can do it themselves.

That being said I love Donken's Tiger II with cockpit and I replace any default model with his every Tiger II mission I play.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Pointer wrote:
    That's a sever error! It may cause CTD on the other missions, where GER "scout squad" is located. There was a new unit implemented into Wehrmacht a radioman, but I forgot to write it down to the hum_cfg file and made appropriate model file Sad When I placed radioman it had appeared that additional tools were not in order.

Thanks to help will73 now it is organized properly.

Will be included the next upd.

Extra: missions #32-#35 have different titles in the game and in the docs file.
    They have a short name. It is the same. Anyway, I've fixed them on the full name in the docs.
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi, Donken
    Donken wrote:As for me the author of both these interiors, i have told lockie many times to remove both the old king tiger models and jagdtiger models because of this.
    But this need of removing (or rather reconfiguration) is the result of an earlier action, which I don't understand.
    When your cockpits were joined to the main STA project, "cockpitability" should become a new feature of existing units.
    But instead of this, "cockpitable" King Tiger and Jagdtiger appeared as new entries on the units lists.  Why ???

===================================================================================================================================

Hi, Lockie
    lockie wrote:
    Pointer wrote:
    Fixed.
    Very well. Could you explain the reason of such strange bug?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Pointer wrote:
    Hi, Lockie
    lockie wrote:
    Pointer wrote:
    Fixed.
    Very well. Could you explain the reason of such strange bug?
    This happened because of the units order and some important marking "wp_decode ". I'll give u new update and u'll see.
    Some explanations u may find here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t132-vehicle-config

I still have a plans to make a tutor how to put the new tank in the game or at least make translation of the already presented in russian language, but I can't say when it'll have a place.

will73 took part to find out what the problem with loader's compass orientation. If he can't get it over then I'll roll back all settings and write down "commander interface" to loader in the "places_file".

BTW
    I've a tutor in russian how to make and place insignia on the tank. Are u interested?
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:17 pm

lockie wrote:
    I've a tutor in russian how to make and place insignia on the tank. Are u interested?
    Yes, of course. But only text, not video (too slow net).
    For this reason I can't use the polygon creating video tutorials. Do you have a text version?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Pointer wrote:
    For this reason I can't use the polygon creating video tutorials. Do you have a text version?
    U already have all video how to create polygons and missions, coz it included into default game installation. U just only need subtitles text. At his moment I've translated only first video-tutor.
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t420-video-tutors-with-subtitles
    U need video player, which enables to add subtitles, i.e. GOM player, BS player.
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:18 pm

lockie wrote:U already have all video how to create polygons and missions, coz it included into default game installation.

I can't find those tutors. Are u sure they are present in English SF version? In which folder?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Pointer wrote:I can't find those tutors. Are u sure they are present in English SF version? In which folder?
    I'm not sure after er question abt. it.
    I've all video-tutors in the folder:
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\docs\video_lessons

But I've a mix version of the game. On my original DVD disk all video-tutors are presented:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t451-where-to-buy-steel-fury-kharkov1942#4325
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 pm

I've checked both: the DVD and post-installation directory. There are no such files.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 am