Latest topics

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar


    I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Share
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:19 pm

    I have another little issue with the game; when I try to start it, appears only a white movable window and nothing more.
    Is it maybe something wrong with the order with which I've installed the mods ?
    I've installed them in this order:
    1) Steel Sound Mod 2.0
    2) STA 1.0
    3) 4) 5) Missions pack 1.** 2.** 3.**
    6) Latest update Feb2015.
    Thank you for your help Smile

    Technopiper

    Posts : 144
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Technopiper on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:42 pm

    Ama1997 wrote:I have another little issue with the game; when I try to start it, appears only a white movable window and nothing more.
    Is it maybe something wrong with the order with which I've installed the mods ?
    I've installed them in this order:
    1) Steel Sound Mod 2.0
    2) STA 1.0
    3) 4) 5) Missions pack 1.** 2.** 3.**
    6) Latest update Feb2015.
    Thank you for your help Smile
    I am new here but your problem is familiar. Are you using an Nvidia card? If so, you must go to Nvidia Control Panel and make sure all the Anti Aliasing settings are set to "no" or "determined by application". If you have already done so and are using Nvidia Inspector, make sure your AA compatibility is set to 0x000012C1 in your "Steel Fury" profile. It reverted to 0x000012C1 when I updated the driver a few days ago and I got a white screen.
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3584
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by lockie on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:52 pm

    Hi, Ama1997
    Welcome to the board!
    This question went to the FAQ, No28.
    avatar
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 1108
    Join date : 2014-07-27
    Location : New England

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by woofiedog on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

    I also run a Nvidia graphic's card EVGA GTX 580 and have been using this program "D3DOverrider" for STA SF instead of the "Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector" which I still do use for other games.

    As frinik states, the AMD Radeon cards seem to have less problems with this game.

    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t185-tripple-buffering

    Also I click on "Decrease Texture Size" which is in your game options and this has stopped the white screen errors codes/game crashes.



    Good luck and hope you can solve your problems.  Smile

    Technopiper

    Posts : 144
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Technopiper on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:00 pm

    woofiedog wrote:I also run a Nvidia graphic's card EVGA GTX 580 and have been using this program "D3DOverrider" for STA SF instead of the "Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector" which I still do use for other games.

    As frinik states, the AMD Radeon cards seem to have less problems with this game.
    Question: Can I use D3DOverrider alongside Nvidia Inspector? I still need Nvidia Inspector for the AA, don't I? My card is GTX 660, a midrange GPU.
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:24 pm

    Technopiper wrote:
    I am new here but your problem is familiar. Are you using an Nvidia card? If so, you must go to Nvidia Control Panel and make sure all the Anti Aliasing settings are set to "no" or "determined by application". If you have already done so and are using Nvidia Inspector, make sure your AA compatibility is set to 0x000012C1 in your "Steel Fury" profile. It reverted to 0x000012C1 when I updated the driver a few days ago and I got a white screen.

    Actually I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

    Edit: Uh yes, I forgot to say that I've played the vanilla game before STA addons installation and I've managed to play it without problems.
    Issues started when first I've launched the game with STA; at the very beginning popped up a window with language selections and other features, I've clicked on button "Start" and it loaded the game intro but when intro came to an end the game crashed and my next attempts left to me only with this white window.
    I think I've messed up with addons during their installation, it seems the most plausible explanation.

    Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 253
    Join date : 2014-07-26

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Txema on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:56 am

    Technopiper wrote:
    Question: Can I use D3DOverrider alongside Nvidia Inspector? I still need Nvidia Inspector for the AA, don't I? My card is GTX 660, a midrange GPU.

    Yes, you can use both at the same time.

    Technopiper

    Posts : 144
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Technopiper on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:10 am

    Txema wrote:
    Technopiper wrote:
    Question: Can I use D3DOverrider alongside Nvidia Inspector? I still need Nvidia Inspector for the AA, don't I? My card is GTX 660, a midrange GPU.

    Yes, you can use both at the same time.
    Ok, thanks Txema. Do you use Triple Buffering and V-Sync at the same time? I understand this is largely related to hardware and personal taste. Just curious what you'd do.
    avatar
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

    Posts : 1382
    Join date : 2014-07-27
    Age : 61
    Location : Abu Dhabi-UAE

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by frinik on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 am

    Disable V sync it does nothing but slow your game to a crawl and does not enhance quality image in SF.
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:34 pm

    Ok so today I've tried to reinstalling addons, the game played the intro and menu was loading, but when loading screen ended the game crashed again with this error: Exception core: 001: Error initialization program.
    I've tried to remove addons and play the game in vanilla and it works perfectly.
    Any clue ?
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3584
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by lockie on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:14 pm

    Ama1997 wrote:the game played the intro and menu was loading, but when loading screen ended the game crashed again with this error
    Print installation order from the file:
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkiv 1942\MODS\JSGME.ini
    It should look like
    this:
    [DEPENDANCIES]
    SSM 2.0="v05_No_default_music""0_JulUpd_2015""u06_SepUpd_2015"
    STA 1.0 full="v04_Hardcore_target_v1.1""0_JulUpd_2015""Weather_Scorching_summer_1.1_STA""v08_Compass_clock""New British infantry""u06_SepUpd_2015"
    0_JulUpd_2015="Weather_Scorching_summer_1.1_STA""v08_Compass_clock""New British infantry""u06_SepUpd_2015"
    v08_Compass_clock="New British infantry"
    Weather_Scorching_summer_1.1_STA=""
    [MODS]
    SSM 2.0=1
    STA 1.0 full=2
    v02_Free Camera Mod=3
    v05_No_default_music=4
    STA_GMP_1.45=5
    STA_GMP_2.35=6
    STA_GMP_3.31=7
    v04_Hardcore_target_v1.1=8
    0_JulUpd_2015=9
    Weather_Scorching_summer_1.1_STA=10
    v08_Compass_clock=11
    New British infantry=12
    m14_is_3_ataka=13
    u06_SepUpd_2015=14
    .
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:18 pm

    This is what I have in my JSGME.ini file
    Here:
    [FORM SIZE]
    Main Height=300
    Main Left=333
    Main Top=335
    Main Width=528
    Main WindowState=0
    [MODS]
    SSM 2.0=1
    STA 1.0 full=2
    STA_GMP_1.45=3
    STA_GMP_2.35=4
    STA_GMP_3.3=5
    FebUpd_2015=6
    [DEPENDANCIES]
    SSM 2.0="FebUpd_2015"
    STA 1.0 full="FebUpd_2015"
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:24 pm

    I can also try to download all those mods listed by you; where can I find their links ?
    Sorry for the delay in replying to your answer, apparently I didn't recieved the notification, or I've just skipped it unintentionally.
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3584
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by lockie on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:35 pm

    Ama1997 wrote:This is what I have in my JSGME.ini file
    OK, I see. U should have been installed u02_JulUpd_2015.
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t53-testing-zone

    Ama1997 wrote:I can also try to download all those mods listed by you; where can I find their links ?
    Some mods are for testing purposes only, the other ones u may find here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury

    Sorry for the delay in replying to your answer, apparently I didn't recieved the notification, or I've just skipped it unintentionally.
    No problems Smile
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:28 pm

    Ok thank you a lot for your support ! I'll give it a shot.
    I'll let you know whether I'll make the game run or not.
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:10 am

    So I've tried to download also the July update, I've put it last after feb update, is it correct ?
    Anyway I've tried to launch the game but after loading it crashes and gives me the same error
    Exception core:
    001: Error initialization program.
    Do you know any other solution to this annoying issue ?
    avatar
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

    Posts : 3584
    Join date : 2014-07-24
    Age : 50
    Location : Ukraine, Kyiv

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by lockie on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:08 am

    Ama1997 wrote:Do you know any other solution to this annoying issue ?
    Check out that u don't have error "double folder".
    No2
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t20-how-to-install-sta-mod
    avatar
    Ama1997

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2015-08-04
    Age : 19
    Location : Italy, Modena

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Ama1997 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 pm

    I made it !
    I found the problem, what a stupid error, apparently when I copied STA 1.0 full directory in MODS folder, many files haven't moved, so I've opened STA directory and I've moved all the contents in the STA 1.0 directory located in MODS folder.
    Thank you so much for all your support ! I wanted to play your addon for weeks.

    Sponsored content

    Re: I've issue with the game - white movable window

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 pm