Latest topics

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by woofiedog Today at 8:58 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by mechanic Today at 7:31 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by mechanic Today at 7:28 pm

» Легкий танк Pz-38(t)
by will73 Today at 1:37 pm

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 7:37 am

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 5:49 am

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Crashed to desktop playing APC

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

My setup:
    Steel Sound 2.0
    STA 1.0
    GMP 1.43
    GMP 2.35
    GMP 3.3
    Feb Update 2015
    July Update 2015
    Free Camera
    Displaced Turrets
    Widescreen Fix 1.02

Single Mission: Andreevka
    Vehicle: SdK 250/10

Mission started normally and I was able to proceed. Half way through I crashed with the following message:
    Exception core:
    001: Error initialization program.

Tried a second time, same thing happened. I suspect crash happens when I died. In both cases I was engaging the enemy. Tried a third time, after disabling "Free Camera" and "Displaced Turrets". Same thing happened: crashed to desktop.

Was anyone able to replicate this error?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Crashed to desktop playing APC

Post by lockie on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:40 am

Technopiper wrote:
    Tried a second time, same thing happened. I suspect crash happens when I died. In both cases I was engaging the enemy. Tried a third time, after disabling "Free Camera" and "Displaced Turrets". Same thing happened: crashed to desktop. Was anyone able to replicate this error?
    Installation seems OK. I tried this mission, but could not finish even first task Smile So, I don't know what the problem is. This mission is replica from the original one, where main hero is Pz.IV tank. Usually, copy is worse than original. Try to replace user's Sdkfz.250/10 on Pz.IV or Tiger and see what happens.

PS
    For any case try this fix_andreevka.
    Install the last in line.

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:28 pm

lockie wrote:Installation seems OK. I tried this mission, but could not finish even first task Smile So, I don't know what the problem is. This mission is replica from the original one, where main hero is Pz.IV tank. Usually, copy is worse than original. Try to replace user's Sdkfz.250/10 on Pz.IV or Tiger and see what happens.

PS
    For any case try this. Install the last in line.
    Downloading. Will definitely try it.

Since I last posted I tried another time . Good news is I didn't crash, bad news I didn't complete it either. This time my commander got killed but the game went on! I even got a message "The commander is killed", along with a voice message in German. Later on my driver and loader are killed too, I had to carry on with gunner and radioman, swapping places as the need arises. Too bad I had to exit game when the vehicle was immobilized and no enemy was around to finish me off. I suspect the SdKfz's damaged is mapped differently than tanks, and that's where the problem lies.

Will keep you posted about my results with the fix. Thanks!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Technopiper wrote:Since I last posted I tried another time. This time my commander got killed but the game went on! I even got a message "The commander is killed", along with a voice message in German.
    Then u've a differ mission version "Andreevka, Sd.Kfz 250/10" Suspect
    Coz the presented in the STA1.0 mission doesn't has any text messages in German neither any voice messages at all.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:20 am

That may be the reason your mission is crashing if you're playing an older , obsolete version of a mission on a more recent version of STA your game will crash mostly because of changes in models in the mission editor or common unit folder.

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:16 pm

frinik wrote:That may be the reason your mission is crashing if you're playing an older , obsolete version of a mission on a more recent version of STA your game will crash mostly because of changes in models in the mission editor or common unit folder.
    How could that happen? The Andreevka mission I had was included inside STA 1.0. Were there different versions of STA 1.0? Anyway I will download STA from this site again. I did get my resources from different sources before settling on this site. I'll report back.

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Okay, I re-downloaded everything from this site and start from scratch:
    Steel Sound 2.0
    STA 1.0
    GMP 1.45
    GMP 2.35
    GMP 3.3
    Feb Update 2015
    July Update 2015

Still crashed to desktop. I notice it crashed the moment I ordered grenadiers to mount vehicle. I have issued the command successfully before, though.

More discovery: The mission "Defend the Fatherland (Panther Ausf. G) Part I" from GMP 2.x would crash everytime it launches. It runs if I disable FebUpd and JulUpd. Very likely these two missions ("Andreevka" and "Defend the Fatherland") are outdated by the two recent updates. I guess that's what you mean?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:29 am

Technopiper wrote:
    More discovery: The mission "Defend the Fatherland (Panther Ausf. G) Part I" from GMP 2.x would crash everytime it launches. It runs if I disable FebUpd and JulUpd. Very likely these two missions ("Andreevka" and "Defend the Fatherland") are outdated by the two recent updates. I guess that's what you mean?
    Installation is OK, but before we'll go on I'd like to ask: did u install 4GB patch?
    No2
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

lockie wrote:
    Installation is OK, but before we'll go on I'd like to ask: did u install 4GB patch?
    No2
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury
    Okay, I installed 4GB patch and "Defend the Fatherland" runs. Guess one should have it even if game runs normally, as you said in the FAQ. However, Winter mod and Andreeva still crashes. Thank you for your patience.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Technopiper wrote:
    Winter mod and Andreeva still crashes. Thank you for your patience.
    Winter mod now has compatibility with JulUpd. I've made it as beta version, coz some trees/tanks/houses still needs winter camo. Check out first page STA:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury
    As for "Andreevka"version:
    1. Did u check out this mission with my quick fix? fix_andreevka
    2. I need another confirmation from other users, that this mission CTD.

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:50 pm

lockie wrote:Winter mod now has compatibility with JulUpd. I've made it as beta version, coz some trees/tanks/houses still needs winter camo. Check out first page STA:
    So fast! Downloading. Will report back.

lockie wrote:As for "Andreevka"version:
    1. Did u check out this mission with my quick fix?
    fix_andreevka
    Yes I did. It runs with Pz.III with no problem. The problem may have to do with Sd.Kfz 251/10

lockie wrote:2. I need another confirmation from other users, that this mission CTD.
    I urge everone to try out this mission: you drive around in an open-top armor vehicle, ordering grenadiers to mount or dismout. The Sd.Kfz 251 series are now my favorite vehicles. I hope more missions will be made around them.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 am

Technopiper wrote:The problem may have to do with Sd.Kfz 251/10
    Did u click icon "infantry off/in"(mount/dismount) a several times? If so, then CTD guaranteed. U can do it only one time, i.e. "infantry off".
    I've played mission once again and got a victory without CTD.

BTW
    Do u see the Soviet tank T-60 in the center cross of the gunsight reticle?  alien

The Sd.Kfz 251 series are now my favorite vehicles. I hope more missions will be made around them.

There are some:
    GMP2.35
    Cannon Hill, January 1942 (Sdkfz.251/1)

GMP1.45
    `Stuka` in the dark, July 1941, (Sd.Kfz. 251/1)

GMP3.31
    `Butterfly` punch, July 1941 (Sdkfz251/10)
    Tes, March 1945, (Sd.Kfz. 251/9 Kanonenwagen)

PS
    Suppose, Commander camera should be re-adjusted, coz u can't see directly forward, only to the right.
    OK, I've added binocular and "fake cockpit" to the APC with ability to have "unbuttoned" position for Commander. So, u may have a look and re-adjust it or add "unbuttoned" to gunner/loader, link1, link2

On the second picture u may see the Commander's head. It is added "unbuttoned" position(key "P").

Technopiper

Post by Technopiper on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

lockie, I will report back after giving your patch a few runs.

Mounting troops more than once crashes the game? That explains. I got really carried away with this nifty feature. Guess my men just quit on me. Anyway, I'll try out other SdKfz missions to pinpoint the problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 pm