MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Making new units in ME

KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Making new units in ME

Post by KurtTank on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:33 am

I want to make a full platoon of Panther G's with 2 grenadier inf. I think it's modified in common/common_units here:

//Panther G groups
    wer_pantherg,800,1,weru_pantherg,1,wer_crew_panther,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank50,0,1,wer_pantherg,2,,,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank51,0,1,wer_pantherg,3,,,,,,,,;
    wer_pantherg_ga,800,1,weru_pantherg_ga,1,wer_crew_panther,1,,,,,,;
    wer_pantherg_gb,800,1,weru_pantherg_gb,1,wer_crew_panther,1,,,,,,;
    //platoons_groups
    wer_platoon_htank52,0,1,wer_pantherg,1,wer_pantherg_ga,2,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank53,0,1,wer_pantherg,1,wer_pantherg_gb,2,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank54,0,1,wer_pantherg_ga,3,wer_platoon_inf,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank55,0,1,wer_pantherg_ga,2,wer_platoon_gren1,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank55a,0,1,wer_pantherg_ga,2,wer_platoon_gren1,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank56,0,1,wer_pantherg_gb,5,wer_platoon_gren1,2,,,,,,;  This is the line I tried to make 5 Panther G's plus 2 grenadiers
    wer_platoon_htank56a,0,1,wer_pantherg_gb,2,,,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank57,0,1,wer_pantherg_ga,3,wer_platoon_gren1,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htank58,0,1,wer_pantherg,1,wer_pantherg_ga,1,wer_pantherg_gb,1,,,,;//dark+green

I think I'm in the wrong place as the unit listing didn't show up in the ME.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Making new units in ME

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:27 am

KurtTank wrote:This is the line I tried to make 5 Panther G's plus 2 grenadiers
    FIVE PANTHERS!?
    Are u going to capture Moscow?  rendeer  cherry  king
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:42 am

This is the line I tried to make 5 Panther G's plus 2 grenadiers
    lockie wrote:FIVE PANTHERS!?
    Yes, wasn't that a standard heavy tank company? I thought they operated mostly at the company level, maybe only platoon level? Anyway, I want all the tanks in the division of five to "Do as I DO", because a platoon of two will go in too close, too fast due to the AI, and my platoon of three follows my lead (mostly). There is a division of five Tiger II's plus grenadiers in the ME. On the other hand, we can't control other divisions, can we? If they are on "dummy" as far as Script, they don't even go, right?

lockie wrote:Are u going to capture Moscow?  rendeer  cherry  king
    Sure! tongue bounce cheers

I also tried changing in loc_rus/text/STA_units:

//Panther G
    txt_tn_pantherg() { Pz.V "Panther G"; }
    txt_med_htank50_wer() { 1x Pz.V "Panther G"; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50_wer() { 2x Pz.V "Panther G"; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51_wer() { 3x Pz.V "Panther G"; }
    txt_med_squad_grpzman_wer()     { Sd.Kfz.251c + Panzerzerstorergruppen ; }
    txt_med_squad_grin_wer()        { Branch grenaderov2 ; }
    //platoons PzV G
    txt_med_platoon_htank52_wer() { 1x Pz.V + 2x Pz.V "Panther G"(dark); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank53_wer() { 1x Pz.V + 2x Pz.V "Panther G"(green); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank54_wer() { 3x Pz.V "Panther G"(green) + platoon infantry ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank55_wer() { 2x Pz.V "Panther G"(dark) + platoon grenadiers ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank56_wer() { 2x Pz.V "Panther G"(green) + platoon grenadiers ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank56a_wer() { 2x Pz.V "Panther G"(green); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank57_wer() { 3x Pz.V "Panther G"(dark) + platoon grenadiers ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank58_wer() { 5x Pz.V "Panther G"(dark) + 2x platoon grenadiers ; }Here is the entry....it doesn't work either.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:49 am

KurtTank wrote:
    Yes, wasn't that a standard heavy tank company?
    OK, OK. I'm not going to be Guderian Smile
    First, try to get unit 5xPanthers in the game. When u get it, then add grenadiers.

KurtTank wrote:
    I'm with u!
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 am

Yes, wasn't that a standard heavy tank company?
    lockie wrote:OK, OK. I'm not going to be Guderian Smile
    lol!
    lockie wrote:First, try to get unit 5xPanthers in the game. When u get it, then add grenadiers.
    How do I do that? How do you change or add unit divisions in the ME?

lockie wrote:I'm with u!
    Twisted Evil
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:38 am

Kurt you have to go into the Common Units file to make the change. Doing it only in the text file ain't going to work!I did it a couple of times (successfully)in the past for my own game adding 3 SU-85 plus infantry and some other units that were not available at the time.
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 am

frinik wrote:Kurt you have to go into the Common Units file to make the change. Doing it only in the text file ain't going to work!I did it a couple of times (successfully)in the past for my own game adding 3 SU-85 plus infantry and some other units that were not available at the time.

Okay, which part? My first post showed the platoon section in common_units file. That didn't work! I'll look through it again....
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 am

KurtTank wrote:
    How do I do that? How do you change or add unit divisions in the ME?
    That's a very interesting question! I've my tutor and I suppose it'll be publicated in a meanwhile future.
    Right now, there are 4 blocks in the ...\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\common_units.engcfg file:
    Let's see Panther D.
    1. units()
    //Panther_D units
    weru_panther,i_techn,tech_cfg\panther.engcfg,panther,,5,0,,;

2. groups()
    //Panther_D group
    wer_panther,800,0.25,weru_panther,1,wer_crew_panther,1,,,,,,;

wer_crew_panther,300,0,weru_tleuten,1,weru_tankman,1,weru_tankman_p,3,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htann10,0,0.5,wer_htann6,1,wer_platoon_inf,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htann11,0,0.5,wer_htann6,1,wer_platoon_gren1,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htann12,0,0.5,wer_htann6,2,wer_platoon_inf,1,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htann013,0,0.5,wer_htann6,2,,,,,,,,;
    wer_platoon_htann13b,0,0.5,wer_htann6,3,,,,,,,,;

3. random()
    //Panther_D random
    wer_htann6,wer_panther,,,,;

4. editor()
    //Panther_D editor
    wer_htann6,txt_med_htann6_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AA,0x1f,tankh,;
    wer_platoon_htann10,txt_med_platoon_htann10_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,tankh,inf;
    wer_platoon_htann11,txt_med_platoon_htann11_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,tankh,apc;
    wer_platoon_htann12,txt_med_platoon_htann12_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,tankh,inf;
    wer_platoon_htann013,txt_med_platoon_htann13a_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,tankh,inf;
    wer_platoon_htann13b,txt_med_platoon_htann13b_wer,%SIDE_GERMAN%,txt_med_gr_htanks_wer,0,1,AAA,0x1f,tankh,tankh;

The units names are keeping in the file:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\text\STA_units.text
    //Panther D
    txt_tn_pantherd()               { Pz.V ausf. D "Panther" ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr39_42()           { 7.5cm PzGr.39/42 ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr40_42()           { 7.5cm PzGr.40/42 ; }
    txt_shell_sprgr_42()            { 7.5cm SprGr.34 ; }
    txt_shell_smk()                 { 50mm mine ; }
    txt_med_htann6_wer()            { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann10_wer()   { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + infantry platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann11_wer()   { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + grenadier platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann12_wer()   { 2x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + infantry platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann13a_wer() { 2x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann13b_wer() { 3x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank10_wer()   { 3x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther"1LOD + mix grenadiers; }
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:51 am

lockie wrote:That's a very interesting question! I've my tutor and I suppose it'll be publicated in a meanwhile future.
    Right now, there are 4 blocks in the ...\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\common_units.engcfg file:
    Let's see Panther D.
    1. units()
    //Panther_D units

2. groups()
    //Panther_D group

3. random()
    //Panther_D random

4. editor()
    //Panther_D editor
    Hey, I actually figured it out! cheers
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 am

Good work! It's not difficult once you apply yourself to it.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:30 pm

I think we need to break away from the SF idea that all tank platoons - even for units in the field - had three tanks. It seems to have been common in the British Infantry and Cruiser tank units. And and common in the Red Army. But even the Red Army had either 3- or 5-tank platoons (source - 'Soviet Armor Tactics in WW2 - Red Army Armor tactics from individual vehicle to Company, from the Combat Regulations of 1944' by Charles C Sharp). And in NW Europe, the most common British organisaion for a medium tank platoon (troop) was 4 tanks, one of them a Firefly, two Firelfies from late 1944 or early 1945.

US tank companies seem to have had 5-tank platoons for most or all of WW2.

Germans seem to have had 5-tank platoons until about 1942, then 4-tank platoons.

At the start of an operation, units would often have been up to strength. Allied units seem to have usually had little trouble, staying that way.

It may mess up the balance of existing missions but I think we should have the option for more realistic platoon strengths, for the ME. I'm going to experiment with a 4-tank US platoon option for the Jagdtiger mission.

A four tank option, for non-Soviet  tank platoons and non-British (infantry) tank platoons, seems a reasonable compromise, between textbook accuracy and avoiding the AI playing dodgems.

Last edited by 33lima on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Stah

Post by Stah on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 pm

33lima wrote:and avoiding the AI playing dodgems.

If you mean problems with AI bumping into each other - I once experimented with 8-unit platoon of JS-2's and it worked fine - it attacked and destroyed targets indicated by me in satisfactory order, without chaos or whatever... Moreover, I had a scout-type mission with 5-unit platoon and played it regularly for 2 months (high level of randomness) - and I'd even say I could see more AI's tactical thinking in this one, than in regular 3-unit platoons.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:31 am

Thanks, that's good to know! I just replayed mission 11 in Schulze's Diary with my experimental 4-tank US platoons and they seemed fine...e3xcept that - as the German 88mm battery comamnder said to his US captor in Itally - I ran out of ammo, and the enemy didn't run out of tanks!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:42 am

There is no problem to add new units, just tell what would u like to see. BUT I'd like to warn that many tanks in one unit make AI working even worse. This is because of the Commander. When u force AI moves, ie to contour01, 02, then all tanks will wait for Commander when he will reach defined contour. The best variant for AI - use one independent tank.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:24 am

I don't understand. Runnung the AI in the ME in mission 11, the US 3-vehicle units are all set to drive along a road to a contour (different one for each division). They all start moving at the same time. They sometimes drive off to one side of the road before settling down but they do not wait for any command tank.

Do you mean, this happens when you script the player's platoon to move to a contour? I don't do that, I just use the 'dummy' script for the player's platoon so that it's up to the player, where to lead his platoon.

The unit options I think we should have are:

- for all British Sherman units - 3x75mm M4, +1xFirefly

- for all British Cromwell units - 3xCromwell, +1xFirefly

(I know Fireflies were concentrated into a single troop to begin with, but they were soon dispersed so that each troop got one).

- for Pz 35(t) & 38(t), 5x each tank

- for all Panzer III, IV F2/G/H/J, Panthers, and Tigers - 4x each tank

- for all US Shermans and M26s - 4x each tank and 5x each tank (I am not sure if the US Army mixed 75mm & 76mm gun tanks in the same platoon - if they did, a mixed-gun option would also be desirable, like the British one)

- for all armoured infantry - 1x HQ half-track plus 3x half-tracks (some have this option now, some I think don't)

Stah

Post by Stah on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:46 am

lockie wrote:then all tanks will wait for Commander when he will reach defined contour.

Didn't notice that! And I edited a lot...

lockie wrote: The best variant for AI - use one independent tank.

I was referring rather to player controlled platoon. As to the AI platoons - I also don't see the need to make big platoons...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:38 pm

33lima wrote:I don't understand. Runnung the AI in the ME in mission 11, the US 3-vehicle units are all set to drive along a road to a contour
    If tank platoon under AI moves ONLY TO ONE contour N1, then it works more or less fine (depends on formation. The best is "column", worse is "line", the bad is "free").
    BUT if AI platoon have to move to the other contour N2 and formation is "free" then any wingman, which will reach the contour N2 will wait till Commander tank will arrive. During waiting wingman makes a very stupid maneuvers, ie:
    - rotate his back/stern to the enemy
    - simply stays without any action
    The more tanks in platoon the worse AI behavior.

The unit options I think we should have are
    OK, but are u going to make new missions or er suggesting to keep line up just because it's closer to reality? Don't forget it's a game - tanksim (tank vs tank) it is not a strategy.
    I'd suggest to add new units according new mission request.
    I.e. for the mission N11 which new units u'd like to see?
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Understood, that is helpful for mission 11 because there are a few '2-contour moves'. I will try - where possible - to avoid this or put contour n1 somewhere non-tactical.

I have already added M4A3 76, M4A3 76 HVSS and M26 4-tank platoons to the units file, for mission 11. I will keep the player at 3-Jagdtiger. I may change the platoons from the 'cavalry' who come to the rescue (the tank platoons from the KG of 17 SS Panzer).

For mission 10, it would be good to have 4-tank mixed platoons of Sherman - 3x75mm Sherman + 1xFirefly. Now, all the fireflies are together.

I think 4-tank platoons - available in the ME , as you say as a choice for future or 'user homework' missions - could be a reasonable compromise, for armies or units that usually had more than 3 tanks per platoon.

In my book, SF is a tanksim, yes that is a form of game but within reason, more realistic = better than less realistic.

As a different example, there should most often be HQ units represented on the SF battlefield, even if they cannot contribute real command and control, except via scripted radio messages (which will probably play even if the HQ unit is wiped out!) and their loss does not cause confusion or loss of morale (not a major issue for short, SF-style battles). By HQ units I don't mean regimental or divisional HQs, radio jeeps etc - just the company commander and 2ic/exec officer in their own tanks. For example, the first US force in mission 11 has 2xM4A1(76) to simulate the major and captain in the HQ of the tank company this mixed tank/armored inf force is based on.

The battles in SF are a form of 1st person interactive wargame and in any wargame, some degree of fidelity to real unit organisation is desirable; which is why wargame rules usually have accompanying 'army lists' describing these.  It's all part of creating immersion, the sense that you are participating in a simulation of the sort of actions fought in real life. Otherwise we might as well just have our fun blasting away in WoT/AW/WT or whatever.

Typical 1944-45 British medium tank platoon:

Typical 1943-44 US medium tank platoon, (top vehicle = platoon leader, in charge of two 2-tank 'sections') (German platoons were in theory the same, with 5 tanks, but were probably under-strength later in the war, so 4 is probably ok):

frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:55 am

We also need to have the late version Stug Ausf . F and G in the mixed units. Currently we only have the early versions with infantry. Also given that Panthers were more abundant than Tigers there should be more mixed Ausf D and G units with 4 or 5 tanks with infantry/grenadiere. Why do we have 5 Tiger Ausf B or Late E with infantry but only a max of 3 Ausf D or G?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 am

33lima wrote:
    Typical 1944-45 British medium tank platoon
    OK, it'll be placed in the "Mix". What will be the name?
    "1944-45 British medium tank platoon 1x Sherman VC"Firefly" 1944 + 3x Cromwell Mk.IV, 1944" does it suit?
    Or
    "1944-45 British medium tank platoon 1x Sherman VC"Firefly" 1944 + 3x Cromwell Mk.III, 1943"
    Mentioned names are tooooo long. There should be smth. shorter

Typical 1943-44 US medium tank platoon
    What the  "Shermans" should be included in this platoon? We've many types of them.

frinik wrote:Why do we have 5 Tiger Ausf B or Late E with infantry but only a max of 3 Ausf D or G?
    This is because mentioned unit was used in the mission. Don't remember where exactly(BTW there are many hidden units, which don't show in the ME). Of course, I can add many new units, there are no problem at all.
    Let's start it! Basketball
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:58 pm

I've been busy making new combinations of units, keeping in mind, most of the time, the limits of people's computers. I am also trying to clean up the listings, so I have changed the names of units (essentially my own update)and rearranged things a bit. Here are some samples in STA_units:

Germany STA_Units:
    //**********************Germany STA_Units*************************************
    loc_rus()
    {

//Tiger II
    txt_tn_tigerb()                { Pz.VI Ausf. B "Tiger II" ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr39_43() { 8.8cm PzGr.39/43 ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr40_43() { 8.8cm PzGr.40/43 ; }
    txt_shell_sprgr_43() { 8.8cm SprGr.43 ; }

txt_med_pz6bc_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted w/Cockpit); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktankc_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted w/Cockpit) + 1x 44 inf squad; }

txt_med_pz6b_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1a_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1b_wer()   { 3x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1c_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1d_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1e1_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + 1x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1e_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1f_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1g_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + 4x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1h_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1i_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1j_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank1k_wer() { 8x Tiger II (Chamo Spotted)1LOD + 6x 44 inf squad; }

txt_med_pz6ba_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2a_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2b_wer()   { 3x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2c_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2d_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2e1_wer() { 1x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + 1x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2e_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2f_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2g_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + 4x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2h_wer() { 2x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2i_wer() { 4x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2j_wer() { 5x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank2k_wer() { 8x Tiger II (Dk Chamo Striped)1LOD + 6x 44 inf squad; } This was an experiment. It actually wasn't too bad! At one time I had a group of 15 Tiger II's. Couldn't take a good screenshot because it wouldn't stretch out that far. Here's nine of them lined up:

//Tiger I H
    txt_tn_tiger() { Pz.VI ausf. H "Tiger I"; }
    txt_med_htann1_wer() { 1x Tiger I H (Lt Tan); }
    txt_med_platoon_htann1a_wer() { 2x Tiger I H (Lt Tan); }
    txt_med_platoon_htann1b_wer() { 3x Tiger I H 1LOD (Lt Tan); }
    txt_med_platoon_htann1c_wer() { 1x Tiger I H  (Lt Tan) + inf platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann1d_wer() { 1x Tiger I H  (Lt Tan) + gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann1e_wer() { 2x Tiger I H  (Lt Tan) + inf platoon; }

//Tiger I H1 (Grey)
    txt_tn_tigerh1() { Pz.VI ausf. H1 "Tiger I"; }
    txt_med_htann17_wer() { 1x Tiger I H1 (Dk Grey) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann17a_wer() { 2x Tiger I H1 (Dk Grey) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann17b_wer() { 3x Tiger I H1 (Dk Grey) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann17c_wer() { 1x Tiger I H1 (Dk Grey) 2LOD + inf platoon 2LOD; }

//Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit
    txt_tn_tigerss() { Pz.VI ausf. H "Tiger I" SS w/Zimmerit; }
    txt_med_htann7_wer()            { 1x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit; }
    txt_med_platoon_7htann16a_wer() { 2x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann17_wer()   { 3x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann14_wer()   { 1x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit + inf platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann15_wer()   { 1x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit + gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann16_wer()   { 2x Tiger I H SS w/Zimmerit + inf platoon; }

//Tiger I H (Late War Chamo)
    txt_tn_pz6l() {Pz.VI ausf. H "Tiger I" (Late War); }

txt_med_pz6l_wer() { 1x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4a_wer() { 2x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4b_wer() { 3x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4c_wer() { 4x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4d_wer() { 5x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4e_wer() { 1x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + 1x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4f_wer() { 2x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4g_wer() { 3x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4h_wer() { 4x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + 4x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4i_wer() { 5x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + 4x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4j_wer() { 1x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + apc gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4k_wer() { 2x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + apc gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4l_wer() { 3x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + apc gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4m_wer() { 4x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + apc gren platoon; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank4n_wer() { 5x Tiger I H (Late War Chamo) 1LOD + apc gren platoon; }

//Panther A
    txt_tn_panthera() {Pz.V ausf.A "Panther";}
    txt_med_panthera_wer()     { 1x Pz.V ausf.A "Panther" 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank8_wer()    { 3x Pz.V ausf.A "Panther" 1LOD+ infantry; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank11_wer() { 4x Pz.V ausf.A "Panther" 1LOD+ infantry; }
    txt_med_platoon_panther2a_wer() { 2x Pz.V ausf.A "Panther"; }
    txt_med_platoon_panther3a_wer() { 3x Pz.V ausf.A "Panther"; }
    //Panther D
    txt_tn_pantherd()               { Pz.V ausf. D "Panther" ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr39_42()           { 7.5cm PzGr.39/42 ; }
    txt_shell_pzgr40_42()           { 7.5cm PzGr.40/42 ; }
    txt_shell_sprgr_42()            { 7.5cm SprGr.34 ; }
    txt_shell_smk()                 { 50mm mine ; }
    txt_gun_kwk44() { 7.5cm KWK44\1 ; }
    txt_med_htann6_wer()            { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann10_wer()   { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + infantry platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann11_wer()   { 1x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + grenadier platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann12_wer()   { 2x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" + infantry platoon ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann13a_wer() { 2x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann13b_wer() { 3x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther" 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_ktank10_wer()   { 3x Pz.V ausf.D "Panther"1LOD + mix grenadiers; }
    //Panther F
    txt_tn_pantherf() { Sd.Kfz.171 Pz.V ausf.F "Panther" ; }
    txt_med_htank60_wer() { 1x Pz.V "Panther F"; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank60a_wer() { 2x Pz.V "Panther F"; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank60b_wer() { 3x Pz.V "Panther F"; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank60c_wer() { 3x Pz.V "Panther F" + grenadiers; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank60d_wer() { 1x Pz.V "Panther F" + 2x "Hetzer"; }

//Panther G
    //Panther G (Dk Chamo 1)
    txt_tn_pantherg() { Pz.V "Panther G" (Dk Chamo 1); }
    txt_med_pantherg_wer() { 1x Panther G (Dk Chamo 1); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50a_wer() { 2x Panther G (Dk Chamo 1); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50b_wer() { 3x Panther G (Dk Chamo 1); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50c_wer() { 4x Panther G (Dk Chamo 1); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50d_wer() { 2x Panther (Dk Chamo 1) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50e_wer() { 4x Panther (Dk Chamo 1) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50f_wer() { 2x Panther (Dk Chamo 1) + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank50g_wer() { 4x Panther (Dk Chamo 1) + plat apc gren; }
    //Panther G (Dk Chamo 2)
    txt_tn_pantherg_ga() { Pz.V "Panther G" (Dk Chamo 2); }
    txt_med_pantherg_ga_wer() { 1x Panther G (Dk Chamo 2); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51a_wer() { 2x Panther G (Dk Chamo 2); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51b_wer() { 3x Panther G (Dk Chamo 2); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51c_wer() { 4x Panther G (Dk Chamo 2); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51d_wer() { 2x Panther (Dk Chamo 2) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51e_wer() { 4x Panther (Dk Chamo 2) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51f_wer() { 2x Panther (Dk Chamo 2) + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank51g_wer() { 4x Panther (Dk Chamo 2) + plat apc gren; }
    //Panther G (Med Green Striped)
    txt_tn_pantherg_gb() { Pz.V "Panther G" (Med Green Striped); }
    txt_med_pantherg_gb_wer() { 1x Panther G (Med Green Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52a_wer() { 2x Panther G (Med Green Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52b_wer() { 3x Panther G (Med Green Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52c_wer() { 4x Panther G (Med Green Striped); }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52d_wer() { 2x Panther (Med Green Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52e_wer() { 4x Panther (Med Green Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52f_wer() { 2x Panther (Med Green Striped) + plat apc gren; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank52g_wer() { 4x Panther (Med Green Striped) + plat apc gren; }
    //Panther G (Mixed Platoon)
    txt_med_platoon_htank58_wer() { 3x Panther (Dk Chamo 1/2 + Med Green Striped); }

//Panther M-10 erzats
    txt_tn_panther_m10() { Sd.Kfz.171 ausf.G "Panther" Ersatz M10; }
    txt_med_htann15_wer() { 1x Pz.V Ersatz M10 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann16a_wer() { 2x Pz.V Ersatz M10 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_htann16b_wer() { 3x Pz.V Ersatz M10 1LOD; }

//Jagdtiger
        txt_tn_jagdtiger()           { SPG Sd.Kfz 186 "Jagdtiger"; }
        txt_med_hspg3_wer() { 1x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted + Cockpit); }
        txt_med_hspg1_wer() { 1x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg1_wer() { 2x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg2_wer()     { 3x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg3_wer() { 4x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg4_wer() { 2x "Jägdtiger" (Spotted) + 2x '44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg5_wer() { 4x "Jägdtiger" (Spotted) + 2x '44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg6_wer()     { 2x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted) + platoon apc grenadiers; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg7_wer() { 4x "Jagdtiger" (Spotted) + platoon apc grenadiers; }
        txt_med_hspg2_wer() { 1x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg8_wer() { 2x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg9_wer() { 3x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg10_wer() { 4x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo); }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg11_wer() { 2x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo) + 2x '44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg12_wer() { 4x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo) + 2x '44 inf squads; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg13_wer() { 2x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo) + platoon apc grenadiers; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspg14_wer() { 4x "Jagdtiger" (Dark Chamo) + platoon apc grenadiers; }
    //shells
    txt_shell_pzgr39_44()  {12.8cm PzGr.40/43;}
    txt_shell_sprgr_44()   {12.8cm SprGr. L/50;}
    //gun
    txt_gun_flak36() { PAK 44 ; }

//Jagdpanther
    txt_tn_jagdpanther()            { Sd.Kfz. 173 V Jagdpanther; }

//Jagdpanther Tri-Color Spotted
    txt_med_hspn3_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3a_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3b_wer() { 3x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3c_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3d_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) + 2x 44 inf squad 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3e_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) + 2x 44 inf squad 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3f_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) + plat apc gren 1LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn3g_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Tri-Color Spotted) + plat apc gren 1LOD; }

//Jagdpanther A Light Striped
    txt_med_hspn4_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4a_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4b_wer() { 3x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4c_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4d_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4e_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4f_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn4g_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Light Striped) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }

//Jagdpanther B Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net
    txt_med_hspn5_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5a_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5b_wer() { 3x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5c_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5d_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD;}
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5e_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD;}
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5f_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) + plat apc gren 2LOD;}
    txt_med_platoon_hspn5g_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Gray/Green Chamo Net) + plat apc gren2LOD;}

//Jagdpanther C Dark Brown Striped
    txt_med_hspn6_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6a_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6b_wer() { 3x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6c_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6d_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6e_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6f_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn6g_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dark Brown Striped) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }

//Jagdpanther D Desert
    txt_med_hspn7_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Desert) ; }
    //Jagdpanther E "Crash"
    txt_med_hspn8_wer() { 1x Jagdpanther (Crash) ; }

//Jagdpanther F Dark Green Zimmerit
    txt_med_hspn9_wer()             { 1x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9a_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9b_wer() { 3x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9c_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9d_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9e_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) + 2x 44 inf squad 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9f_wer() { 2x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }
    txt_med_platoon_hspn9g_wer() { 4x Jagdpanther (Dk Grn Zimmerit) + plat apc gren 2LOD; }

//Opel Blitz Trucks
    txt_tn_opel_blitz() { Opel Blitz ; }
    txt_med_platoon_opel_wer() { 2x Opel Blitz ; }
    txt_med_platoon_opel2_wer() { 4x Opel Blitz ; }

//Opel Blitz Trucks + Grenadiers
    txt_med_squad_gren2_wer() { 1x Opel Blitz + Grenadiers ; }
    txt_med_platoon_gren3_wer() { 2x Opel Blitz + Grenadiers ; }
    txt_med_platoon_gren4_wer() { 4x Opel Blitz + Grenadiers ; }

//Opel Blitz Fuel Trucks (Tri-color)
    txt_tn_opel_blitz_fuel() { Opel Blitz Fuel Truck (Tri-color) ; }
    txt_med_wstopel_fuel_wer() { 1x Opel Blitz Fuel Truck (Tri-color) ; }
    txt_med_platoon_opel_fuel4_wer() { 2x Opel Blitz Fuel Truck (Tri-color) ; }

//Opel Blitz Trucks + Fuel Truck + Opel Truck w/Grenadiers
    txt_tn_supply_fuel_gren_wer() { Opel Truck Supply Unit ; }
    txt_platoon_supply_fuel_gren_wer() {2x Opel Trucks+1xFuelTruck+1xOpelw/Grenadiers;}
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:34 pm

That's a laudable effort Kurt but unfortunately with Steel Fury if you change the mission editor too much then your game is no longer compatible with the regular game which means imported missions may crash...
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:24 pm

lockie wrote:
    OK, it'll be placed in the "Mix". What will be the name?

Suggested names for the two British units are:

Cromwell+Firefly

"1944-45 British tank troop - 1xFirefly+3xCromwell"

and

"1944-45 British tank troop - 1xFirefly+3xM4A1 [or whatever type of Sherman]"

We don't need more details in the label, like the Mark of Cromwell (MkIII) or Firefly (MkVC)...unless there is a real difference.

With a mixed platoon, we maybe don't want to make it so the player can ONLY be in the Firefly or only in the Cromwell. Does that mean we need "1944-45 British tank troop - 3xCromwell+1xFirefly", as well? Smile

I'm actually not sure why we have different Firefly variants - is it just the appearance that is different eg sandbags or paint job? Or does one have ADPS, the other, not? If there is a real difference, put the appropriate tag after the name eg "1944-45 British tank troop - 1xFirefly 1945 [or '+sandbags' or '+APDS' or whatever the difference is]+3xCromwell", so the player knows which type of Firefly he is getting.

No need - apart from that - to identify exact model numbers - a Cromwell is a Cromwell, a Firefly is a Firefly. And we might as well use the right term, the British Army doesn't have tank in 'platoons', it has them in 'troops'.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:13 am

33lima wrote:
    We don't need more details in the label, like the Mark of Cromwell (MkIII) or Firefly (MkVC)...unless there is a real difference.
    It's possible, but name "1944-45 British tank troop - 1xFirefly+3xM4A1" is not typical. There will be:
    1x Firefly + 3x Sherman
    1x Firefly + 3x Cromwell
    Both units will be in the GBR side, section mixed tank platoon, thus no need to mention it is British unit and tank platoon. Firefly will be random: 1943/44 mod. and Sherman also random. There are some mod. I'm always confusing with them Smile Only will73 knows what the dif. is.
    And Cromwell is random also Smile
    KurtTank
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by KurtTank on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:22 am

frinik wrote:That's a laudable effort Kurt but unfortunately with Steel Fury if you change the mission editor too much then your game is no longer compatible with the regular game which means imported missions may crash...

They do already, but the unit lists (common_units and STA_units) is so jumbled I thought I'd clean it up. Still working on it, making it more organized.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:40 pm