MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

STA mod bugs

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

STA mod bugs

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:13 am

As it appeared STA mod has a serious bug: German infantry platoon doesn't want to move. I need confirmation abt. this fact. Here's a simple test. Start the mission in the ME(Mission Editor) and u'll see that mostly all soldiers of the platoon stays on the same place.
    www.4shared.com/file/_XAM-RBQce/0_test_inf.html

EDIT:
    Seems that non-English version works fine. English version has a bug, which prevents AI infantry moves in the right direction.

Examples:

Infantry moves in the right direction(non-English game version, 2007)

Infantry doesn't move or move in the wrong direction (English game version, 2008)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: STA mod bugs

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 am

I can't resolve this bug with English game version and have to get back to the non-English. (In fact, it is version in russian language, but I know at least two versions of the game and to avoid confusing I call them as non-English). May be we'll get this issue over in the future. I've suspicious it is not the last bug of the Eng. ver.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:11 pm

I ran the Test_Inf and the German infantry stops at #2 in the screenshot and does not continue on any farther. Player's tank is at #1 spot.

Is this bug anything like the map used in the mission "Cover the Ferry" Pz IV H - V. Gaitolovo 21 January 1944 - mis_ger 6.

Basically the player's tank wants to travel around on it's own and it is hard to control your tank while trying to play out this particular mission at the beginning of the mission.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:05 pm

woofiedog wrote:I ran the Test_Inf and the German infantry stops at #2 in the screenshot and does not continue on any farther. Player's tank is at #1 spot.
    It's a very unpredictable bug and now I've suspicious this is happened because of the polygon's errors. Suppose, ENG version works fine and I hope it was a false warning, coz I've got using subtitles when playing for the GER side.

Is this bug anything like the map used in the mission "Cover the Ferry" Pz IV H - V. Gaitolovo 21 January 1944 - mis_ger 6.
    Basically the player's tank wants to travel around on it's own and it is hard to control your tank while trying to play out this particular mission at the beginning of the mission.
    I think not. As I remember, in mentioned mission u have to always retreat, meanwhile shoot at enemy units at earliest convenience. It's extremely hard mission.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:18 am

Finally, I've cracked the issue Smile
    It was a polygon error. Due to this error AI infantry stuck.

On the picture the orange lines(contour) does tactic zone "building". "Building" has 600 points of penalty for AI. That's why AI doesn't know where to, coz all ways blocked by "building" tactic zone.

Now I removed "building" tactic zone from the lines and AI started to move.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Congratulations on finding the bug. cheers

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:05 am

Hi Lockie !

I am very glad to see that you have found the bug, and that the German soldiers in STA are not affected in general by it !

Thank you very much for all your excellent work on Steel Fury !!!

Txema
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 am

Tanker, Txema!
    cheers bom Cool

I'm really glad that Eng version works fine!

maus76

Small bugs sept update

Post by maus76 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi,
    May be I have found some small bugs in SF (STA september update). I am not sure about it so it is mentioned here.  

In the Mission editor, unit "Assault SPG Stug III (TROPHY)" under Self-propelled artillery (RKKA) has a gunsight without scale for distance so it is impossible to set the range.

Next Soviet unit Jagdpanther (TROPHY) RKKA has communication in german language instead of expected russian (may be not mistake).

In the Map Editor, there is a problematic building "Plant saw-bench" under Landscapes / Objects / Object type / Plant saw-bench. With the free camera view, when I "run" into this building the program crashes ("Exception core: 001: Error initialization program").

And small question about the tank Fiat L-6/40. The gunsight is similar to soviet 45mm cannon, but the Fiat gun has 2 cm panzer bullet with ballistic not responding to the gunsight fire range (ex: for a distance 1000m it is equal to the gunsight range setting cca 600m).

I noticed these things during experiments with the Mission editor last three months. It is a bit late now, when STA 2.0 is testing, so sorry for this  Smile .

Thank you for taking it into account.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:39 pm

In the Mission editor, unit "Assault SPG Stug III (TROPHY)" under Self-propelled artillery (RKKA) has a gunsight without scale for distance so it is impossible to set the range.
    Did u see No21?
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury

Next Soviet unit Jagdpanther (TROPHY) RKKA has communication in german language instead of expected russian.
    Will be fixed. Good test!

In the Map Editor, there is a problematic building "Plant saw-bench" under Landscapes / Objects / Object type / Plant saw-bench. With the free camera view, when I "run" into this building the program crashes ("Exception core: 001: Error initialization program").
    It was fixed in STA2.0

And small question about the tank Fiat L-6/40. The gunsight is similar to soviet 45mm cannon, but the Fiat gun has 2 cm panzer bullet with ballistic not responding to the gunsight fire range (ex: for a distance 1000m it is equal to the gunsight range setting cca 600m).
    Could u enclose a couple screens, from the mission "Fire ground" where we may see exactly what's wrong with gunsight calibrating?
    Thanks for bug report!

maus76

Post by maus76 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi Lockie,
    Thanks for your reply.
    About the unit  "Assault SPG Stug III (TROPHY)", it is impossible to work with the drumsight (on my PC). By pressing the "Insert/Delete", no drumsight is available. On the other hand, the similar unit SPG StuG III C,D (Wehrmacht) works good.

And the second question: here is a screen of Fiat L-6/40 gunsight from my training mission. The distance of the tank in sight is 500m. But I have to aim at 300m (by gunsight) to hit the tank.

http://postimg.org/image/i8tbgk80l/
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 am

Hi, Maus76
    Thanks for donation!

maus76 wrote:
    About the unit  "Assault SPG Stug III (TROPHY)", it is impossible to work with the drumsight.
    It's a bug. Will be fixed in STA2.0.

BTW
    I see that StuG IIIC/D has a very complicated system of targeting for the user. That's why I decided to make a training mission for this StuG. Will be included in STA2.0.

here is a screen of Fiat L-6/40 gunsight from my training mission. The distance of the tank in sight is 500m. But I have to aim at 300m (by gunsight) to hit the tank.
    Oh, it's not original gunsight of the L-6/40. It is another confirmation that without personal mission a new tank should not have been added. Or be prepared to see tank museum instead STA mod.
    So, to have a more detailed talk we need first to find out what the gunsight reticle was on original tank, then we'll try to implement it. And I prefer to see all notes on the specially designed polygon: Fire ground mission.
    Because all other measurements made on the different polygons had nothing common with gunsight adjusting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 pm