» Game Missions Pack #02 (GMP 2.37)
by lockie Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Donations for the forum
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Tanks in the movies
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 5:04 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by Lavrinenko Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

» Computer Overhaul
by woofiedog Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

» Hello, new to Steel Fury/STA... where do I start?
by Tanker Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm

» We all at sometime or another...
by woofiedog Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Three Mission Execute Failures...

p38pilot

Three Mission Execute Failures...

Post by p38pilot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Hello,
    I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a long time SF player since 2009. I just got back into SF after a two year hiatus. Discovered your new and improved STA 1.0 Mod from 33lima's post over at SimHQ. BTW, great job on the entire package. I've already DL and installed the Steel Sound Mod, GMP 2, GMP 3, and a couple of the weather mods. I'm happy to report that everything is running good on my system so far with three exceptions:

Two missions have failed to execute after reaching 100% loading. The error message is:

Exception core:
    006: Unable to create shader.

[ Fader ]

The missions are:

Otto Carius: Siivertsi (PzVI H) and Hard as a Rock! 14 August 1944 (PzVI Tiger)

The third failure consists of the following mission loading to 100% and then promptly exiting the game:

Sieg Oder Tod (PzV. Ausf. G "Panther")

I haven't tested every single mission in the GMP 3.0 pack but I have tried the majority of the remainder and they are all working. This also applies to GMP 2.0 as well. I didn't see any other posts as yet about any problems with these three missions so I thought I'd bring them to your attention. I know there are always bugs making transitions, but overall the whole STA 1.0 package is fantastic, so I hope you can help me with this. Thanks.

My system:

Falcon NW Fragbox II
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.17ghz
    Nvidia GTX 550 Video Card
    Win 7 64-bit
    8GB Ram

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Three Mission Execute Failures...

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:45 pm

p38pilot wrote:Hello,
    Two missions have failed to execute after reaching 100% loading. The error message is:

Exception core:
    006: Unable to create shader.

[ Fader ]
    Hi, p38pilot
    Welcome to a board!
    That's a common problem because of the many sounds in the STA mod. That's why er PC has a problem with memory (lack). Perhaps, this is because game wasn't designed for the modern OS.
    U should use 4Gb patch 4shared.com/zip/AMVafQvxce/4gb_patch.html
    It should help. It's strange, but I've win xp sp2, 2GB memory and all missions runs smooth.

Last edited by lockie on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Glad to meet you lockie,
    After I posted here I installed the 4GB patch. It didn't help. When I used the patch it said that it had successfully patched the SF launch executable. I assume that is what the patch does or do I need to run the patch another way?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 pm

p38pilot wrote:Glad to meet you lockie,
    After I posted here I installed the 4GB patch. It didn't help. When I used the patch it said that it had successfully patched the SF launch executable. I assume that is what the patch does or do I need to run the patch another way?
    May be this forum will help u:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Also, try to disable Steel Sound Mod and see will it help or not.

PS
    This is A/Q
    Q. Sometimes I have code 006 shader error while loading or no error at all on some missions with certain mods or high graphics settings. How to get rid off this error?
    A. Game is using more than its 2GB memory address, modern high res displays combined with a lot of extra content added in the mods can use more than 2Gb.
    Solution: Allow the games exe to be large address aware which gives it 2GB of virtual memory on top of its 2GB address. Requires a 64bit OS and more than 3GB physical memory and the systems swap space not disabled.
    Turn off compatibility mode on Shell.exe and Starter.exe (this is just a precaution, you can try turning it back on after but I needed to leave it off). Download this program:
    - www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
    or
    - www.4shared.com/zip/AMVafQvxce/4gb_patch.html
    (or any large address aware patcher).
    Run the program on Shell.exe and Starter.exe
    NOTE: You should do this fix even if you don't have crashing since you'll never know when you'll run into it.
    32bit OS: Harder to patch and less stable: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Lockie,

You were right. Applying the 4GB patch additionally to the shell worked. I can play all three of the missions now. So you can add to the FAQ that applying the patch to both the Start exe. and the Shell is the fix for the problem. Thank you.

I see you are located in the Ukraine. I hope you are safe and sound over there with all that is going on. Putin needs to keep his mad dogs and himself on a leash! Keep your head down and stay out of harm's way!

BTW, your hard work on SF is very much appreciated!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 pm

p38pilot wrote:
    You were right. Applying the 4GB patch additionally to the shell worked. I can play all three of the missions now. So you can add to the FAQ that applying the patch to both the Start exe. and the Shell is the fix for the problem. Thank you.
    Glad that it helped u! Could u, plz, write down the whole text of A/Q(in this topic, then I'll transfer it to FAQ) with phrase "applying the patch to both the Start exe. and the Shell"?

I see you are located in the Ukraine. I hope you are safe and sound over there with all that is going on. Putin needs to keep his mad dogs and himself on a leash! Keep your head down and stay out of harm's way!
    Thank you! We'll get out russian occupants from Ukraine!

BTW, your hard work on SF is very much appreciated!
    Rock on!  cheers 

PS
    This solution with "4 GB patch" was done by Flanker15!

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Yes, I will add the entire process to this thread. Will try to get it done tonight or tomorrow. I see you are still a very young man at 47. I've got you beat by 20 years! On August 21 I will be 67! My wife says I need to "slow down!"

Take care and thank Flanker15 for his work too!

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm

lockie,

New developments. I tried using the winter mod with the Otto Carius Tiger mission that WAS working. The mission failed and I got this error:

Exception core: 001 error initialization program.

For some strange reason it seems SF wants to eat up all of my memory. I removed the winter mod and tried the same mission again. It failed again. So, I restarted the PC and tried the mission again and it ran OK. SF seems to be holding the memory so that is why booting the PC seemed to fix it I guess.

I'm going to do some more experimentation later tonight and see what I can come up with before I post for the FAQ. I'm retired now but my job was working in computer systems and although I'm a little behind on some procedures I still can fix most issues with programs.

This problem is very odd as I probably have around 100 games, some of which are much more demanding on my PC than SF and have never experienced this one before. I wonder if it has anything to do with WIN 7 and the fact that it is 64-bit? Its' like SF is not optimized for 64-bit concerning memory. Do you know if many other SF gamers are using WIN 7 64-bit?

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:52 am

OK, it seems that after I did a PC reboot the missions run including the weather mod. I would say that SF on my system seems to be a memory hog. Probably if you play many missions like the three I've had problems with a reboot seems to clear the memory and everything is OK again.

I'll type of what I know for the FAQ now. Make any changes to my post you deem fit.

p38pilot

4GB Patch Uses

Post by p38pilot on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 am

If you find that some missions may not load and you've gotten an error message: Exception Core: 006 Unable to create shader, the problem can be fixed by using the 4GB Patch. This requires a two-fold procedure. First run the patch on the SF Startup.exe. Then run the patch again on the Shell.exe. Once in the Steel Fury Folder you can find the Shell.exe. in Bin>Rel>Shell. This fix worked on a PC running WIN 7, 64-bit. Also, if you're playing a long session of SF with many missions you might sporadically experience a mission failing to load as SF on newer OS systems seems to hog memory. A simple PC reboot will remedy this problem.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks p38pilot!
    Additional text added to FAQ.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:43 am

True enough this game is horribly optimized. I can play Arma 2 missions with all kind of vehicles smoothly and modern games beautiful, intense graphics like BF3 and Far cry 3 without missing a beat yet when I try to SF missions I also run into the same problem. I also used the 4gbpatch but never used it with both shell and starup.exe thanks for the tip. My own solution was to go into the ME and modify the mission by reducing the number of infantry units ( very high) which are a huge drain on the cpu/gpu of any pc.... BTW amazingly enough I have never run into that problem when playing the game on a Toshiba satellite with an AMD apu (a combo of cpu with integrated gpu).The system is much slower and less performing than an intel equivalent but it does not crash or slow down or give any graphic shader error. It's like intel's architecture with its better multithreading tends to run into problem with SF...

Last edited by frinik on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Hey frinik,
    I see you're here too. I've posted with you in the past over at SimHQ under a different ID. In fact you helped me out a couple of times with advice on other games like APOS and SABOW as well as SF.

We both agree on SF and its' optimization problems. My system is the same as yours with most other games. It's always amazing how some programs perform. A good example is ARMA2 and Iron Front. They both use the same engine but IF for me runs OK until their are many units on the screen at one time (especially tanks). And it seems to be even more of a problem with user generated missions. Whereas both ARMA2 and ARMA3 run great on my system even with the graphics on high quality.

I'm contemplating installing IF into ARMA2 & 3 as a mod since it is now possible to do so. I'm hesitating however, as currently there are so many horror stories over at the IF ChitChat forums it makes me wonder if I should postpone the very involved process.

Anyway, good talking to you and happy hunting!
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am

Hi p38pilot, not sure what was your handle on the SimHQ but happy that I was of assistance to you.Greeting and welcome to this new forum. You can count on me/us now and in the future as well! Smile 

I watched some vids of Iron Front on Arma 3 on youtube. Actually it's a guy who has botrh IFL the Arma2 version and IFL for Arma 3 and posted both mods to show how much improved the graphics and smoother the gameplay is on Arma3. I'll try to find the link and post it so you can see for yourself.

If I were you I would install it in Arma 3. Especially sicne the game seems to run well on your pc. Horror stories are often urban legends which people repeat or exaggerations. IFL was originally buggy but has been improved upon a lot since release. But I don't have Arma 3 so I can't really speak first-hand.

For Arma 2, I would recommend you download and install the i44 mod which is very similar to IFL but more stable and with good maps and missions( both SP and MP).You can find the mod on the Armaholic website or you can download and install it using Sixplay.

Good tanking and enjoy SF/Arma 2/3!

Last edited by frinik on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

p38pilot

Post by p38pilot on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Yeah,
    I saw that video too. Over at the IF chitchat forums the talk seems to be that as of right now the Six program that auto installs IF in Arma2 and 3 is not functioning as it should and may need tweaking. I don't think I want to try doing the process manually. I have ARMA 2 with OA on disc with all addons from Gamersgate. Of course ARMA3 is from Steam. Steam can sometimes be a problem when combining disc games purchased from retail and digital DL somewhere other than Steam.

And yes, I've used Armaholic for years. I've probably DL'd every SP missions they have going back to when I first purchased ARMA 1 in 2009. I don't know about you but I think having the Steam workshop connected to ARMA3 makes it so easy and convenient now to add missions directly without going to another site.

I haven't thought about making the jump to i44 since it came out. I have heard its' very good. Does it have any Armor missions or is it mostly infantry combat? I generally like the ARMA series especially for the infantry combat in urban areas and commanding your squad on search and destroy missions, but the Tank missions are not bad either. Is it a pretty straightforward install?
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Unfortunately i44 has only a couple of tank missions( incl.one with the Tiger I) but through the Mission Editor you can make your own simple missions since they have a good variety of armour available; Tiger I and II, Panther Ausf D and G, Panzer IV Ausf G, Stug III G, Sherman, Cromwell, Churchill , Stuart etc... As for me I installed initially most of my mods manually until I discovered Play with six. I simply pasted myi44 download extract into the addons folder and it showed in my game expansion menu so I guess I did it well.

I don't have Arma 2 on Steam since I bought it as digital download from Gog.com. I agree with you that Steam can be a problem when combining games genre. I read no end to complaints about people who purchased Far Cry 3 through Steam and then had to install it through Ubisoft and ended up having bugs and crashes...

Gog , on the other hand, with its user-friendly gog installer is a pleasure to use... Avoid Desura;by far the worst game platform/installer I have ever encountered.

witt88

Post by witt88 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 am

P38 Had the same problem Exception core: 001 error initialization program on otto carius and sieg oder. Went through with 4 gb patch on exe and shell same thing no go. Then re read ssm notes about removing speech folders and now have no problems with missions crashing. I know you probably have already done this but this worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much to Lockie Frinik Will1973
    and all the other people who have contributed to this great mod. The new sound mod is just terrific. Thanks again gentlemen
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

witt88, u're welcome!
    This question abt "Otto Carius" mission went to FAQ. Hope it'll help to resolve problem faster for the newcomers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm