October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

43' Orel mission - Krapivna

Barcelona Blom

43' Orel mission - Krapivna

Post by Barcelona Blom on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 am

I'm having some problems with this mission. I'm playing as the PzIV F2 and even though I have destroyed the opposition the mission just won't end.
    I have to be missing something, what is it ?
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: 43' Orel mission - Krapivna

Post by frinik on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:44 am

Funny coincidence I played that mission last weekend. I hadn't played it for at least 2 or 3 years. After taking out 6 T34s with my Panzer F2 I moved from my position at the edge of the village towards a small wood to the North where I could see Soviet infantry camping.

I mowed them all down and nothing happened. I had destroyed all tanks and all the infantry had been wiped out. I just drove back towards my initial position at the edge of the village and before getting there I received the green mission successful message. You may want to try that. I guess the victory trigger may require the player to move about to be activated?
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

frinik wrote:Funny coincidence I played that mission last weekend. I hadn't played it for at least 2 or 3 years. After taking out 6 T34s with my Panzer F2 I moved from my position at the edge of the village towards a small wood to the North where I could see Soviet infantry camping.

I mowed them all down and nothing happened. I had destroyed all tanks and all the infantry had been wiped out. I just drove back towards my initial position at the edge of the village and before getting there I received the green mission successful message. You may want to try that. I guess the victory trigger may require the player to move about to be activated?

I did move around - I had two ambush spots - but obviously I didn't move to the right place. Pesky triggers Wink
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 pm

I had a similar experience when playing T34 versus Tiger. I finished the first German mission modified by Zeewolf and after destroying all the targets and completing all the objective listed in the debrief map nothing happened. I must have driven my Tiger over 15 kilometres like a madman trying to trigger the mission end.  Then almost about to give up I spotted 2 Sov infantry running around a destroyed AT gun position. I killed them both and tadam! The music started and I had finally completed the mission successfully. Killing them was not really part of the mission's objective but as you said sometimes buggy triggers can make it hard for you.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 am

Barcelona Blom wrote:I'm having some problems with this mission. I'm playing as the PzIV F2 and even though I have destroyed the opposition the mission just won't end.
    I have to be missing something, what is it ?
    Suppose, some triggers not works in appropriate manner. I'll check it out later. And don't hesitate to inform, if u see smth. similar, I mean inadequate triggers works(mission tasks).
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:13 am

I have a problem with Orel RKKA campaign: I have successfully finished mission #1 for several times, but haven't got access to the mission #2.
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:23 am

I finally completed the first PZIV mission and it hasn't unlocked any further missions - are there any ?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:30 am

Pointer wrote:I have a problem with Orel RKKA campaign: I have successfully finished mission #1 for several times, but haven't got access to the mission #2.
    Can u check out this mission with a new profile? I.e. create a new profile user_pointer_02 and check out does the mission #2 open or not?

Barcelona Blom wrote:I finally completed the first PZIV mission and it hasn't unlocked any further missions - are there any ?
    Try to do the same. Create new user profile and check out the next mission: will it open or not?

PS
    Here is fixed variant of the mission N2 (Orel, Karpivna) for Pz.IV F2. Install the last in line.
    www.4shared.com/rar/NWgdskKpce/m02_orel_pz4.html
    If it works good then I'll include it in the next upd.
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:09 pm

New profile didn't work for me Lockie - just to check - do I install the updated Pz.IV F2 mission with JSGME ?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Barcelona Blom wrote:New profile didn't work for me
    Then we've to get more info to resolve this issue  Suspect
    1. What the full name of the mission?
    2. What is installation order?
    Would be good, if u enclose screenshots.

do I install the updated Pz.IV F2 mission with JSGME ?
    Yes. Here's installation order:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. 09_Fix_MayUpd_2015 www.4shared.com/rar/qZBXWKx4ce/f09_Fix_MayUpd_2015.html
    8. m02_orel_pz4 4shared.com/rar/pOng8ndkce/m03_orel_pz4.html
    9. Scorching summer (optional)

Edit
    Mission updated to the version N3

Features:
    1. updated scripts and trigger of the victory
    2. added SU-76 to RKKA side
    3. added background picture

Last edited by lockie on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 pm

lockie wrote:
    Pointer wrote:I have a problem with Orel RKKA campaign: I have successfully finished mission #1 for several times, but haven't got access to the mission #2.
    Can u check out this mission with a new profile? I.e. create a new profile user_pointer_02 and check out does the mission #2 open or not?

Thanx, I'll try.
    And also I'll try the new version of German mission #2.

But I have one theory. Formally there is one Orel campaign consisting of 4 missions. But access to it is divided: two access buttons for 2 RKKA missions and 2 Wehrmacht missions.
    I surmise, that this may be the reason of issues.
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 pm

I already have the recommended installation of mods Lockie, exactly as per your screenshot ( except for weather mods )
    I have installed the new mission with JSGME, I'll play it and report back tomorrow.

Thanks for your help ! Wink
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:44 am

I've found the reason: the 2nd RKKA mission is disabled in orelrkka_camp.engcfg file.

BTW: If that disabling is not accidental and the whole campaign consist of one mission, it should be rather placed in "Single missions" or "Combat episodes" section. IMO,even 2 missions in the "campaign" seems to be too small ("Orel Wehrmacht", "RKKA SPG"). It's not good, that some sections consist of 2 missions, and some of more than 50. It's high time to start GMP #4.

BTW2: Grouping together:
    Cherkasskoe, July 5th, 1943 (Panther D) (GMP #2),
    7pcs of Prokhorovka missions (GMP #1),
    and 4pcs Orel missions,
    it's a good composition for 2 Kursk campaigns (for both sides), the greatest legend of the Ostfront.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:36 am

Pointer wrote:I've found the reason: the 2nd RKKA mission is disabled in orelrkka_camp.engcfg file.
    I've found it also. There is one mission disabled. I'll check out is it possible to enable it.

If that disabling is not accidental and the whole campaign consist of one mission, it should be rather placed in "Single missions" or "Combat episodes" section.
    I agree with u, but I remember that author of this Campaign, his nick is Rends, noted that Orel Campaign subject to be standalone Campaign. So, we've a choices:
    1. remove these missions completely from STA
    2. leave them as it is.
    3. get Rends permission to join them with other missions
    4. continue on with a new missions
    Choice N3 is preferable. Unfortunately, Rends is a long time no see.

It's high time to start GMP #4.
    Perhaps, u're right. There are new tanks, which have a good future.

BTW2: Grouping together:
    Cherkasskoe, July 5th, 1943 (Panther D) (GMP #2),
    7pcs of Prokhorovka missions (GMP #1),
    and 4pcs Orel missions,
    it's a good composition for 2 Kursk campaigns (for both sides), the greatest legend of the Ostfront.
    It's a good suggestion, but I don't have permission to join them. All I can do - is removing 7 missions from GMP1.x and restore them as a new Kursk Campaign. In fact, it was made originally by author, then later they were included into GMP.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 am

I've slightly updated polygon and all three missions from "Campaign Orel". I've unblocked and added new mission to RKKA side.
    So, now "Orel Campaign" consist of the 4 missions:
    - two for Wehrmacht
    - two for RKKA

I think we may fill up the whole Campaign with user's missions to get 10 missions per each side.
    So, if someone has ideas or draft missions then don't hesitate and suggest them to implement into compilation.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Pointer wrote:I've found the reason: the 2nd RKKA mission is disabled in orelrkka_camp.engcfg file.
    I've idea how to fill up the Campaign Orel/Kursk salient. If u interested u may compile up to 10 missions on the base of other ones.
    I.e. for the German side u'll create a new hero, let's call him Feldwebel Udo  Balzer. He will start on the Pz.III N (or SDKfz 251/10 or STUG III G). Then he will be be promoted to Pz.IV, "Panther", "Tiger".
    U may take any mission, re-designe it(update/change script), write a new dynamic briefing, add new images/history maps etc. The same thing u can make with a Soviet side. What do u think?
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:47 pm

lockie wrote:
    I've idea how to fill up the Campaign Orel/Kursk salient. If u interested u may compile up to 10 missions on the base of other ones.
    I.e. for the German side u'll create a new hero, let's call him Feldwebel Udo  Balzer. He will start on the Pz.III N (or SDKfz 251/10 or STUG III G). Then he will be be promoted to Pz.IV, "Panther", "Tiger".
    U may take any mission, re-designe it(update/change script), write a new dynamic briefing, add new images/history maps etc. The same thing u can make with a Soviet side. What do u think?

Very good idea.
    But we must remember, that Prokhorovka is ABSOLUTE kernel of Kursk battle.
    If Rends, the author of existing version, doesn't want grouping his missions with others, we have to make new Prokhorovka on another, sensible poligon.

Now it's all. I go for Orel tests.

====================================

But before one report:

Section "Combat episodes", mission "October 19th 1943. Right bank of the Dnieper" -- CTD at 98%, error 001.
    Config: GMP 1+2+3, next FebUpd_2015, in both cases: with & without f09_Fix_MayUpd_2015.

All other misions in the section "Combat episodes" are OK.
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Who supplied my T-34 tank with only 10 AP rounds ?

He is obviously a saboteur and a traitor in the pay of the fascists Very Happy

I shall write to Comrade Stalin, denouncing this man Wink
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Barcelona Blom wrote:Who supplied my T-34 tank with only 10 AP rounds ?
    I'm rep. of Comrade Stalin. What's going on? Who spread out a panic rumors abt. weakness of the SOVIET ARMOR? He will be sent to NKVD  What a Face
    T-34/43 has the next AP shells:
    - 10 BR 350SP
    - 11 BR 350B
    - 5   BR 354P (APC/undercaliber)

Conclusion: Soviet tank T-34/43(Mickie Mouse) supplied with 26 AP shells against enemy armor.
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:17 pm

lockie wrote:
    I'm rep. of Comrade Stalin. What's going on? Who spread out a panic rumors abt. weakness of the SOVIET ARMOR? He will be sent to NKVD  What a Face
    T-34/43 has the next AP shells:
    - 10 BR 350SP
    - 11 BR 350B
    - 5   BR 354P (APC/undercaliber)

Conclusion: Soviet tank T-34/43(Mickie Mouse) supplied with 26 AP shells against enemy armor.

Aaaaah OK. So in western terms I have 10 AP, 11 AP\HE and 5 SABOT

I will try again to defeat the fascists comrade ! Wink
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:10 am

Pointer wrote:
    Very good idea.
    But we must remember, that Prokhorovka is ABSOLUTE kernel of Kursk battle.
    If Rends, the author of existing version, doesn't want grouping his missions with others, we have to make new Prokhorovka on another, sensible poligon.
    I`ve received permission from Rends to modify "Campaign Orel". So, now we may fill up campaign with other missions.
    I'd like to suggest Prokhorovka as our next project. We may name it as "Kursk salient Campaign". (Personally, I'd prefer campaign "battle of Dubno, Lutsk, and Brody" between 23 and 30 June 1941).

Section "Combat episodes", mission "October 19th 1943. Right bank of the Dnieper" -- CTD at 98%, error 001.
    Fixed, will be included in the next upd.
    Here's temporal fix:
    www.4shared.com/rar/QAPHM7tKce/m10_fix_sep43.html
    Plz, check it out and report.

Barcelona Blom wrote:
    So in western terms I have 10 AP, 11 AP\HE and 5 SABOT
    T-34/43 has:
    - 21 AP shells TWO types: BR 350SP and BR 350B (I don't know what the dif. is)
    - 5 SABOT BR 354P
    - 10 shrapnel SH354T
    - 40 HE OF350
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:01 pm

------  Orel report  ------
    ===========================

Played with default difficulty settings
    - allies' experience - 2,
    - enemy's experience - 2,
    - forces balance - 5.

Remarks of playing Orel RKKA #2
    ===============================
    - @ briefing text: "Krapivna village" (like New York City) is better English language sequence then "village Krapivna".
    - @ briefing text: the last sentence "platton .... from .... army" seems strange in the order of low tactical level.
     This info should be like "two platoons of Pz.IV of XX regiment ....".

- no caption of "ellipse" map objects.
    - both SU-76 platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    - all (or at least 4 of 5) T-34 platoons have the same tactical numbers (2, 3 & 4).
    - single Pz.IV and one of Pz.IV platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    - sometimes final one point Soviet concentration (once of 5-6 attempts).

- in-forest combat and big flora devastation, resulting in FPS decrease, sometimes critical (twice of 5-6 attempts).
    - mission belonging to category self-winning, the player can go for coffee (3 of 3 attempts).

== My impression of playability: 60% (quite good), would be more, if I have better CPU/GPU.

Remarks of playing Orel RKKA #1
    - flag on the map (in Krapivna) shouldn't rotate.

- ambush icons ???
    - mine field in centre of the forest ???
    - moving AT ZIS-3 - interesting experiment, but animation looks badly: the gun drives itself and soldiers go behind it.
    - both T-34 platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    - sometimes too big concentration of Krapina defenders.

== My impression of playability: 70% (quite good), better then RKKA #2, coz the player's activity is required to win.

Now let's look into scripts ....
    ================================
    - everything clear with tactical numbers. The author loves swallows. Very nice birds, but I'd like to see some diversity, for both Soviets and Germans (in all 4 missions). The best solution would be different platoons of one regiment, but everything is better then such monoculture.

- walking AT gun in RKKA #1 seems to be accidental bug. 3 units: rus_pak_01, ger_pak_01, ger_pak_02 have none script. This is NOT equivalent to "dummy" unit script. In that case, a random unit script has been executed, one of all defined in the script file (the rules of randomization for scripts are the same as for the contours). I STRICTLY recommend to set "dummy" script instead of lacking.

General remarks
    ===============
    - Very good idea of using '43 models of T-34 and Pz.IV !!!

- Lack of spaces in several places of campaign text.

- German mission #1 title screen should have text title like 3 others.
     But I have doubts about those texts, which are typical for GMP. Placed in campaign, decreases future ability of adding, moving etc. I think, that simply screenshot is a good standard for campain missions title screens. But you can convert your picture into slide show, then into video and set it as the campaign opening video.

- I've doubts about those hay stacks, in particular about their colision (actually non-colision) model.

IMO, it doesn't look well.
    The undameged stacks look OK. I suggest to change and test the following damage model: thrown around with total height up to 75 cm.
    But I also have doubts:
    - about polygon author's rights,
    - are those stacks retextured in season mods?
    - general doubt about modyfying old polygons with new objects.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16 am

This is a very good and detailed report, which I've ever seen!  Cool
    Pointer wrote:
    Remarks of playing Orel RKKA #2
    - @ briefing text: "Krapivna village" (like New York City) is better English language sequence then "village Krapivna".

- no caption of "ellipse" map objects.
    OK. Can u fix it by erself? Also, I'd like to suggest the name of the main hero: Lieutenant Taras Chuprinka.

- @ briefing text: the last sentence "platton .... from .... army" seems strange in the order of low tactical level.
    This info should be like "two platoons of Pz.IV of XX regiment ....".
    Commander of the Recco Department was already shoot from MG for this uncompleted data.

- both SU-76 platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    - all (or at least 4 of 5) T-34 platoons have the same tactical numbers (2, 3 & 4).
    - single Pz.IV and one of Pz.IV platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    This is because the default system of calculation. It could be fixed to add another tactical number or change the mark of unit. It's er final decision how to fix/change it.

- sometimes final one point Soviet concentration (once of 5-6 attempts).
    Fix it as u think it will be better.

- in-forest combat and big flora devastation, resulting in FPS decrease, sometimes critical (twice of 5-6 attempts).
    Suggestion?

- mission belonging to category self-winning, the player can go for coffee (3 of 3 attempts).
    It's at the 5 balance only. U may change the units at er point.
    Conclusion:
    Make all necessary at er point fixes/changes, then send it to me. Also, briefing should be re-written to highlight the main hero of the campaign - Taras Chuprinka.
    Will be continued on.

Last edited by lockie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 am

I also have a huge FPS problem with this mission, it makes it very difficult to react to the enemy quickly enough.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Pointer wrote:------  Orel report  ------

Remarks of playing Orel RKKA #1
    - flag on the map (in Krapivna) shouldn't rotate.
    - ambush icons ???
    - mine field in centre of the forest ???
    I never paid attention to the "rotating flag" Smile Could u fix all mentioned issues?

- moving AT ZIS-3 - interesting experiment, but animation looks badly: the gun drives itself and soldiers go behind it.
    It is default feature of SF.

- both T-34 platoons have the same tactical numbers.
    - sometimes too big concentration of Krapivna defenders.
    At er opinion how to fix it.

Now let's look into scripts ....
    ================================
    - everything clear with tactical numbers. The author loves swallows. Very nice birds, but I'd like to see some diversity, for both Soviets and Germans (in all 4 missions). The best solution would be different platoons of one regiment, but everything is better then such monoculture.
    In fact, all insignias were changed on swallows by me Smile I wanted to see only one insignia for each side. But again, feel free to fix it.

- walking AT gun in RKKA #1 seems to be accidental bug. 3 units: rus_pak_01, ger_pak_01, ger_pak_02 have none script. I STRICTLY recommend to set "dummy" script instead of lacking.
    Do er best. I completely relay on er opinion.

- German mission #1 title screen should have text title like 3 others.
    It is original Rends(author) picture, that's why I didn't change it.

But I have doubts about those texts, which are typical for GMP. Placed in campaign, decreases future ability of adding, moving etc. I think, that simply screenshot is a good standard for campain missions title screens.
    OK. I'll remove all texts from the pictures.

- I've doubts about those hay stacks, in particular about their colision (actually non-colision) model.
    IMO, it doesn't look well.
    Yeah, I know. I re-done haystacks at least 5 times. First they were undestroyed and had no collision. Then I changed - it had destroyed and collision, but there was complaing from Deviator that tank could not go through haystack and stuck Smile
    So, now haystack is destroyable, but after all units may go through it.

I suggest to change and test the following damage model: thrown around with total height up to 75 cm.
    I don't understand. Could u explain with picture/scheme?

But I also have doubts:
    - about polygon author's rights
    Rends gave me permission slightly modify his polygons.

- are those stacks retextured in season mods?
    No, but it's possible. There is need only one texture for the winter.

- general doubt about modifying old polygons with new objects.
    I've source codes mostly of all customs polygons. All polygons by Rends were slightly modified by me. So, it's possible to add a new objects (I've added haystacks to paint a bit polygon).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 am