» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by woofiedog Today at 9:52 pm

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 9:25 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Today at 11:15 am

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 10:36 am

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Today at 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

» Any way to separate infantry from tanks?
by aleader Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:00 pm

I was looking for information about the German tanker's uniforms around 1944 and came across this web site that has an article concerning "German Camouflage – An Overview" by AgaresTretiak.

Quote...

One of the key aspects however, of any presentation of World War II armored vehicles for myself, has been the accuracy and detail of what was being displayed.

Part of this, I suppose, is in part due to my training as a historian, part due to my love of modelling, and I suppose a third is my pretention of artistic ability. Regardless of the motives though, I find myself irritated by inaccurate representations or information.

Authenticity can be replicated through details, and when it comes to any fighting vehicle from a given nation, there can be quite a few details involved.

Things like the right colour for camouflage, the placement and correct tactical markings on a vehicle, and even little personal touches crews might have added are all part of the details that can bring that much more authenticity into a game, a model, or even just for the pleasure of knowing someone took the time to make it that detailed.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/24/german-camouflage-and-tactical-markings-part-i-by-agarestretiak/
    col.moore

Re: German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

Post by col.moore on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Nice!

I know how you feel man, I'm quite as you , I hate when i play a game and he is Historically inaccurate an I've faced that "problem" several times playing the Il-2 Sturmovik (in case of you don't know, the game is a WW2 air combat simulator), having to change the "Skins", models, and even correct a few details in the ground myself... the thing is, a game will always be a game, in the "IL-2" the major problems are that, the AA gunners and Gunners in general (like in bombers), where they are a sort of marksman killing you with a single shot even in the air... what is even most ridiculous is that its impossible to change that so something more realistic, except to buy the new version of the game... but anyway... talking about cammo, the Germans was way ahead of their time at that matter, in fact, most of the camouflages that we know today, is based in one or a mix of models of German ww2 cammo.... and if you ask me the coolest one (infantryman cammo) I would say that I would stick between the Fallchirsmjäger cammo or the SS "Flaktern".
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:37 pm

It's not Flecktarn (as I've noted before), it's Erbsenmuster - Flecktarn is the modern peadot-type camo the Bundeswehr uses. Smile
    col.moore

Post by col.moore on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:40 pm

kapulA wrote:It's not Flecktarn (as I've noted before), it's Erbsenmuster - Flecktarn is the modern peadot-type camo the Bundeswehr uses. Smile

Yeees Exactly!! I wasn't remembering the name of it! thanks!! Even so, if u notice how similar is the Fleck and the Erbsenmuster its awesome! It really shows us that they decided to keep the old stuff (with a few improvements obviously)... cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 pm