Latest topics

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by lockie Yesterday at 1:42 pm

» The Sun Comes Up, the Sun Goes Down
by woofiedog Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm

» Variants of the "Sherman"
by mechanic Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm

» The Soviet Story
by Tanker Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm

» Легкий танк Т-50/Light tank T-50
by will73 Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

» Lieutenant Z. Kolobanova "To Stand to the Death!" Battle of Voiskovitsy
by frinik Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 am

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:17 pm

» Video from SF
by geoweb35 Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:00 pm

November 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

American fighter-bomber

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

American fighter-bomber

Post by lockie on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37 pm

American troops needs an attack airplain!

At this moment USA air-forces has IL-2 as a substitute to Thunderbolt P-47 Smile

Last edited by lockie on Tue May 26, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: American fighter-bomber

Post by lockie on Mon May 18, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks to the hard working of will73, USA side is about to get an attack plane: "Thunderbolt" P-47!

And there is a highly expected surprise - the plane could be hit Wink Well, at least this idea should be implemented.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 23, 2015 3:18 pm

There is issue with "Thunderbolt". As we know it is fighter-bomber and it has only one pilot. The problem is the AI pilot can shoot only from the two types of the weapon, i.e.:
    1. MG .50
    2. Rockets HVAR M8 (6pcs)
    or
    1. MG .50
    2. Bomb 500lb HE (4pcs)

But it's impossible to provide AI shooting with three types of the weapon.
    There are choices how to get it over:
    1. make two Thunderbolt with a differ armament, which is not corresponds to the real weapon power of the plane
    2. put in the plane TWO pilots (which is not realistic), but it'll provide a real weapon power of the Thunderbolt.
    Take a note that u can't hit air-plane in the air and controls available only for AI.

So, which variant is better?
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sun May 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Well, the two-pilot version might be a bit more survivable if it has 2 pilots (is that the case, or is it likely that any damage strong enough to kill one pilot will also kill the other?), but I think that having the real firepower of the P-47 is a better option than having a one-pilot plane with just rockets or bombs.

Since you'd hardly ever see the pilots of the planes, maybe a good idea would be to place the other pilot seat just approx 10 cm behind the first one, so any damage that gets one is very likely to get the other as well?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 24, 2015 7:47 pm

kapulA wrote:Well, the two-pilot version might be a bit more survivable if it has 2 pilots
    Of course, plane become more survivable, BUT it'll be only in case, if we put in ability to hit "Thunderbolt". In fact, we're trying to do that in the future.

but I think that having the real firepower of the P-47 is a better option than having a one-pilot plane with just rockets or bombs.
    This variant is more preferable, but we've to notify that it won't be realistic (To say the truth, I don't care abt. realistic. I like play the game).

Since you'd hardly ever see the pilots of the planes, maybe a good idea would be to place the other pilot seat just approx 10 cm behind the first one, so any damage that gets one is very likely to get the other as well?
    It's possible to place the second pilot exactly on the same place as a first one. Anyway, nobody will see their places. And even in case if plane would be hit - it would go away from polygon, coz engine would be always protected, to prevent stop in the air.
    Though, there will be a very funny bugs, when "fuel/ammo" will be damaged, then pilot will leave the plane Cool
    But it's possible to force them to stay inside.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Pointer

Post by Pointer on Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 am

What about such option:
    2 versions of the P-47:
    - single-sitter for static on-the-ground use,
    - two-sitter for flying.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Pointer wrote:What about such option:
    - single-sitter for static on-the-ground use
    Stationary unit already has 3-4 service men near plane. And there will be new Thunderbolt P-47 D30, armed with rockets M-10. Will73 is abt. to finish this new type.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Is it possible to force the crew to use their ammo in a realistic manner, shooting for example 2- or 4-rocket volleys and dropping bombs afterwards either singly or two in one run and then the last bomb in the final run? Or will it unload all of its arsenal at the first AT gun it spots? rabbit
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 pm

I think it's more interesting to hit the plane. I didn't pay attention how AI shoot rockets. Will73 managed to hit Thunderbolt with Sdkfz.7. He shoot out 500 shells. Now P47D could penetrate 38mm armor with M10 rocket.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 pm

I understand, but I was just wondering how to increase its effectiveness and lethality vs the German ground targets. Of course the ability to damage them and repel their attacks is also important Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri May 29, 2015 11:08 am

kapulA wrote:I was just wondering how to increase its effectiveness and lethality vs the German ground targets.
    According to the data from the Soviet HQ Air Forces in 1942 to hit 1 light tank u need 4-5 planes. To hit medium tank(Pz.III) u need 12 flights. Usually, experienced pilot could hit the tank on the polygon(no enemy contr-fire) with 8-9 shots from the the 20mm gun (shoot out ~300 shells), but mostly all shells made a ricochet and nothing more. So, as my point aviation implemented in quite realistic manner.
    To increase rocket accuracy, u've to decrease X,Y shell deviation and increase reloading time. Let's say 15-20 sec for one shot, but I'm not sure that pilot had switchers enabled to all rockets to shoot them separately.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat May 30, 2015 3:52 pm

lockie wrote:
    To increase rocket accuracy, u've to decrease X,Y shell deviation and increase reloading time. Let's say 15-20 sec for one shot, but I'm not sure that pilot had switchers enabled to all rockets to shoot them separately.

Well, I wasn't talking about the accuracy per-se, just the reload time; iirc, at least if IL-2 is to be trusted, pilots could fire off their rockets in pairs of two, or at least in two pairs of four. I agree that a single rocket firing system would be excessive, but if the plane could make 4 runs, firing off two rockets each time (or two runs with 4 rockets), that would be ideal, imho. And perfection would be to enable it to use the bombs in an additional 2 bombing runs, either before or after the rockets. Again, imo. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 30, 2015 7:14 pm

kapulA wrote:Well, I wasn't talking about the accuracy per-se, just the reload time
    Then I don't understand what u're going to see? Increase reloading time or what?
    RS82,%FL_AUTOLOAD%,%WEAP_REACT%,40,60,0,0,0,0,8,0.2,10,0,0,0,shot_react,,,,4,txt_gun_m82,,,RS82;
    Replace:
    8->4 (cartridge)
    0.2->15 (cartridge reload)
    4->2 (burst)
    As I told, aviation works good. If u want to make it more stronger, then simply add another pair of IL-2. Also u may increase ammo in script.

And perfection would be to enable it to use the bombs in an additional 2 bombing runs, either before or after the rockets.
    That's a good idea! IL-2 had 4x100kg bombs, but in SF it had only rockets and 20mm gun.

PS
    Would be interesting to equip IL-2 with mines and then IL-2 place them on the way of the tank column Cool
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:08 pm

lockie wrote:
    PS
    Would be interesting to equip IL-2 with mines and then IL-2 place them on the way of the tank column Cool

Could the IL-2 actually deploy real AT mines?
    Or do you mean these? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTAB_(bomb)

If so, then yes, it would be very interesting What a Face
    But I fear that it might be harder to implement as you'd have to have the AI fly the plane straight above the column for at least 50-100m to achieve the desired effect on the targets. silent

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:23 am