» Game Missions Pack #02 (GMP 2.37)
by lockie Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Donations for the forum
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Tanks in the movies
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 5:04 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by Lavrinenko Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

» Computer Overhaul
by woofiedog Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

» Hello, new to Steel Fury/STA... where do I start?
by Tanker Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm

» We all at sometime or another...
by woofiedog Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

» Моделi невеличких об'єктів/Modeling small objects
by lockie Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:10 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)

Post by lockie on Sat May 16, 2015 4:51 pm

New version is ready and uploaded. I've added smoke screen and artillery support. Don't forget to add an additional entry. Good hunting!

There are some scrennies:
    This time my result was better. I've managed to hit two tanks. T-70 became an easy prey to me, coz this tank has a thin armor. Second was T-34/76(43), which was much harder target. As u can see any of my shells didn't penetrate. I think crew members left the tank because of the panic. And this time, I've lost gunner. Luckily, I picked up driver seat from the very beginning. Also I got "turret damage", which happens a very seldom. Thus I could only rotate turret: +/- 30 degrees.

That's result of my wingman. He is really GOOD!

That's funny screenshot Very Happy I never thought, that someone of modders put on ring on the German tanker.

"Tiger" is the main battle tank, which brought the victory.

That's the most vulnerable place of the "Tiger".

BTW
    Would be interesting to play this mission on the balance "7" with Tiger Cool
    Also this is my third mission, where user must go ~2km of the distance. Usually, no more than 1km.

Last edited by lockie on Sat May 16, 2015 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm

lockie wrote:
    Did u write the entry:
    sta_kursk_pz3n, missn_kursk_pz3n, 1, 0, pz3nkursk.jpg, cit_kursk, 3, txt_hist_pz3nkursk, pz3nkursk, levels\levels\cm_users\sta_kursk_pz3n.level;

to the file:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\user_camp.engcfg

Thanks - but that file does not exist in that folder, or anywhere else, in my install. I have several *_camp.engcfg files, but not that one.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 16, 2015 8:30 pm

33lima wrote:
    Thanks - but that file does not exist in that folder, or anywhere else, in my install. I have several *_camp.engcfg files, but not that one.
    Oh, yes. That's an old and a very annoyed problem. I've always forgotten to include these files to the compilation. The problem is - these files becomes available automatically only in case, if user will create at least one mission.
    OK, here's additional pack with necessary files. Unpack and install them the last in line. (Soon I'll prepare a new version on the base of GMP1.x, which will be installed automatically).
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. 01_Fix_MayUpd_2015 www.4shared.com/rar/qZBXWKx4ce/01_Fix_MayUpd_2015.html
    8. 02_summer_43 www.4shared.com/rar/My9fJPmfba/01_summer_43.html
    9. 021_summer_43_user www.4shared.com/rar/0fYNjyJUba/021_summer_43_user.html (only for those, who doesn't has file user_camp.engcfg)

PS
    Маю визнати, що Pz.III N вийшов класним танчиком! Підбити його доволі важко. Правда, сам танк слабкий у боротьбі проти інших. Проте він повністю відповідає концепції для котрої його і було створено - штурмовий танк підтримки. Тобто головні цілі: піхота, кулеметні гнізда, ПТГ. У місії відстані десь ~1,5км. Дуже цікаво пуляти з такого коротенького стволу. Скажу відверто, що я десь 70% часу грав за водія. Бо по-перше, ні фіга не видно Smile По друге, навіть якщо видно, то хріна лисого ти куди влучиш Smile
    Єдино полишається, це пуляти уламковою стрельнею з затримкою "2". Тоді є шанс вразити піхоту в окопі, або поцілити ПТГ.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat May 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks lockie - grabbing that extra file now!
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun May 17, 2015 2:32 pm

All is well now thanks!

I have played this once so far and my impressions are:

- you are told who you are in the briefing, which is very good. But in the mission, you do NOT play as that person, who is the commander of the whole attacking force, Haupt .Strobele. As usual in SF missions, you play as one of his subordinates, commanding only a platoon of Panzer III. The briefing needs to be changed to tell you that you are Leutnant X, commanding a Pz III platoon in Hautp. Storbele's company (or you need to be able to command the whole force, which is probably not a good idea!).

- the briefing doesn't tell you anything much about the enemy, which is standard in real mission briefings, even though you can see some details on the map.

-did the briefing mention air support? Maybe I missed this but if not, there is a lot of Stuka support and it must be mentioned in the briefing, if it is not already.

- the briefing and/or in-game messages tell you to stand by to defend against an enemy counterattack when you have taken Ponyri. The massed Soviet tank counterattack came in long before any German forces got to Ponyri. So when I got to Ponyri and got the 'mission successful message', I was left wondering, is there to be a counterattack now? None came. Not a big deal, battles don't always turn out the way you were told to expect them!

- soon after our advance started, some big grey smoke clouds appeared on the ground, in a row ahead of us, on open ground between us and the first Soviet positions. At first I thought, is this the dust mentioned in the briefing, being thrown up by German tanks advancing? No it wasn't, and it did not look like artillery rounds falling either - well short of the enemy positions. Was it a smoke screen? If it was, and if it was a German smoke screen, it must be mentioned in the briefing. Maybe I missed this in my hurry to get started!

- as usual the SPWs suffered very heavily. I was hoping this would not happen in this mission, because they started off behind us and only started moving after the tanks were well ahead. And it was said they would only suport the advancing infantry and 'patrol' (mop up?) Ponyri at the end. However, by the time the T-34s started appearing, the SPWs had begun to get ahead of the German tanks. And soon we had the usual SF mass destruction of the SPWs. I wonder, is there a way of avoiding this, making light armour more cautious? For example, triggering them to advance in bounds, one step at a time? For example, they wait till at least one German tank has reached Zone 1, then they move to Zone 1 and wait there. When the tanks reach Zone 2, the SPWs move from Zone 1 to Zone 2 and wait there. And again. So the SPWs move in tactical bounds, keeping behind the heavier armour. If this could be achieved I think it would be more realsitic for an attack led by tanks on a position defended by weapons which are somewhat dangerous to tanks but lethal to light armour. And it should thereby prevent the common slaughter of SPWs.

- I didn't mind the funky camouflage on the lovely Pz III but it would be better without the Hollywood-style German cross on the front plate!

- As Lockie said, the Tigers do most of the work, or at least letting them do that seems the best tactic. I won only by staying back and being careful, with the result the Tigers killed the Soviet armour and my tanks killed nearly nothing, just some troops. Had I been more adventurous, likely my platoon would have been wiped out or in serious trouble. Perhaps this would be a better mission for the Panzer III if the Soviet tank attack was changed - with just a few tanks in the first attack, then some more in a second attack designed to re-capture Ponryi, if and when the Germans capture or reach it. So if the player decided to move faster, he will not be wiped out, enabling you to do more fighting, less hanging back.

- it is certainly an exciting mission with a lot of action, interesting and enjoyable. Great work! I am looking forward to palying it again.

dukling

Post by dukling on Sun May 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Місія дуже цікава, спасибі велике , Smile  lockie.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 17, 2015 5:00 pm

33lima wrote:
    - you are told who you are in the briefing, But in the mission, you do NOT play as that person, who is the commander of the whole attacking force, Haupt .Strobele.
    In fact, it is Smile Player supposed to be Haupt .Strobele, but I've to confess that we missed Commander of the group.

As usual in SF missions, you play as one of his subordinates, commanding only a platoon of Panzer III. The briefing needs to be changed to tell you that you are Leutnant X, commanding a Pz III platoon in Hautp.
    Accepted. Heres' corrected initial:
    There is a Kampfgruppe under command by Hauptmann Heinz Stroebele, which consisting of 4 Panzerkampfwagen Ausf H Tiger, 6 Panzer III Ausf.N with...

- the briefing doesn't tell you anything much about the enemy, which is standard in real mission briefings
    Accepted. Then let's add an recco data:

Reconnaissance:
    According to the scout report, Sovety keep the defence positions with two infantry platoons and battery of AT gun 76mm. Also there are a squad of SPG with 122mm near the village "Ponyri". Meanwhile there is a group of approximately 20 T-34 tanks from the 5th Guards Tank Army, which moves to the area of defence. Be warned, that place of the attack has mines.

-did the briefing mention air support?
    Nope, it wasn't Smile
    I'll add the next entry to the breifing:
    Our attack will be supported with a squad of Ju-87.

- the briefing and/or in-game messages tell you to stand by to defend against an enemy counterattack when you have taken Ponyri.
    That's smth. wrong. When u moves to the defence line (1 task), u should have been received the message:
    "Prepare to repel tank attack", then depends on conditions:
    "Enemy tanks from the South-West" and "Enemy tanks from the South-East".

The massed Soviet tank counterattack came in long before any German forces got to Ponyri.
    Yeap, the enemy try to eliminate er attack and don't allow to capture "Ponyri" point.

So when I got to Ponyri and got the 'mission successful message', I was left wondering, is there to be a counterattack now?
    If u've managed to get the village, then obviously tank attack was repelled Smile Anyway, the mission objective is - village capturing. It doesn't matter, did u repel tank attack or not, did u lose all units or not. The main task is - capture the village.

None came. Not a big deal, battles don't always turn out the way you were told to expect them!
    That's one of the variant Wink

- soon after our advance started, some big grey smoke clouds appeared on the ground, in a row ahead of us, on open ground between us and the first Soviet positions. Was it a smoke screen?
    Yeap. I mentioned abt. it in my above post Wink But yes it should be added to the briefing. I.e.:
    Our artillery will place a smoke screen to protect our armor agains Soviet artillery.

- as usual the SPWs suffered very heavily. I was hoping this would not happen in this mission, because they started off behind us and only started moving after the tanks were well ahead.
    Grenadiers waited four minutes, then started their movement. At the appropriate place, "desant off", then APC and grenadiers moves separately. But in the air there are a pair of IL-2, which cause an significant damage to the grenadiers.

And it was said they would only suport the advancing infantry and 'patrol' (mop up?) Ponyri at the end.
    I don't understand. What do u mean "mop up"? Grenadiers moves to the village to capture it. There are no any patrols tasks.

However, by the time the T-34s started appearing, the SPWs had begun to get ahead of the German tanks. And soon we had the usual SF mass destruction of the SPWs. I wonder, is there a way of avoiding this, making light armour more cautious?
    Well, I may increase time of waiting up to 5 minutes. But APC is always wicker than tank. It goes without saying. But don't be worry abt. it. The main target is village capturing. There is no system in SF to calculate losses and estimate the victory conditions. Did u lose, inspite u captured the village or won inspite u didn't capture the village. In SF there are clear for user tasks. There is no "draw". There is only "victory/fail". I mean the win is the win. Well, actually I may deliberately put in the mission additional trigger and I'll lose because of the big loses. Or win if u have small loses. But to say the truth I don't see any reasons to do that. We all know that AI is stupid, so no need to cheat user with a complicate system of the victory calculation to prove that AI is smarter than it is Very Happy

For example, triggering them to advance in bounds, one step at a time?  For example, they wait till at least one German tank has reached Zone 1, then they move to Zone 1 and wait there.
    Of course, it's possible Smile But don't forget abt. 2xIL-2. These attack planes will destroy any scripts Smile

If this could be achieved I think it would be more realsitic for an attack led by tanks on a position defended by weapons which are somewhat dangerous to tanks but lethal to light armour.
    I may remove IL-2 and then make everything according to algorithm. But it'll be a very boring and dull and no emotions at all.
    BTW
    U may try to put the changes in the missions by erself Wink

I didn't mind the funky camouflage on the lovely Pz III but it would be better without the Hollywood-style German cross on the front plate!
    I don't understand. Can u enclose the picture what do u mean?

Tigers do most of the work, or at least letting them do that seems the best tactic. I won only by staying back and my tanks killed nearly nothing, just some troops.
    That's exactly, what Pz.III N were designed for - supporting the attack.

Perhaps this would be a better mission for the Panzer III if the Soviet tank attack was changed - with just a few tanks in the first attack, then some more in a second attack designed to re-capture Ponryi
    I may assure u that Pz.III N is completely loser as anti-tank unit. U may try mission by Deviator Smoke on the water, Weissensee, 1945 (Pz.III N), GMP1.4x, No42 to be sure.

if and when the Germans capture or reach it. So if the player decided to move faster, he will not be wiped out, enabling you to do more fighting, less hanging back.
    I just wanted to make a mission where we may see how Pz.III N does together with Tigers. And it's not so exiting, coz user should be a very attentive to avoid a meeting with T-34 Very Happy

it is certainly an exciting mission with a lot of action, interesting and enjoyable. Great work! I am looking forward to palying it again.
    Thanks Wink I'll prepare a variant on the base GMP1.4x, when I'll finish the briefing.
    Here it is. Does it suit?
    Initial situation:
    There is a Kampfgruppe under command by Hauptmann Heinz Stroebele, which consisting of 4 Panzerkampfwagen Ausf H Tiger, 6 Panzer III Ausf.N with the short, stubby 75mm L24 gun: part of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 attached to the IIIrd Panzer Corps - supported by several Sdkz251/10 and backed by seasoned veterans from the 11th infantry division was tasked with attacking and dislodging Soviet infantry from defensive positions in a village 20 kilometers south of Izym on the Southernmost part of the Kursk salient. Soviet armor was expected to strike in the region to blunt the German offensive. Kampfgruppe will be supported with a squad of Ju-87 and the field artillery will place a smoke screen to protect our armor against Soviet AT guns.

Combat order:
    Attack the enemy position, break through of them and capture village "Ponyri".\n\n

Your Task:
    You are Lieutenant Karl Angerstein. There are three tanks Pz.III N under your command. You have to support attack of the heavy tanks "Tigers" and provide them capturing the village "Ponyri".

Reconnaissance:
    According to the scout report, Sovety keep the defence positions with two infantry platoons and battery of AT gun 76mm. Also there are a squad of SPG with 122mm near the village "Ponyri". Meanwhile there is a group of approximately 20 T-34 tanks from the 5th Guards Tank Army, which moves to the area of defence. Be warned, that place of the attack has mines.

dukling wrote:Місія дуже цікава, спасибі велике , Smile  lockie.
    Спробуй баланс "7" Wink
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun May 17, 2015 8:01 pm

The Panzer III s are meant to tackle infantry position and gun batteries. They would fight tanks only as a last resort. They are not equipped for that.

In real life 20 T34s would have been a challenged for a group of 6 Tigers .In SF the AI just isn't equipped to deal with so many and if the Panzer IIIs intervene it's game over for them. Unless we replace some of the T34s with T70s?They were the mainstay of the Soviet tank forces up until September 1943.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun May 17, 2015 9:47 pm

About the cross on the front plate of the Panzer III, this is what I mean. I am sure that some Panzer III, somewhere, carried a cross in this position but it was very rare, maybe because it makes such a nice aiming mark!

Your new briefing is much better; it now has pretty well all the important information the player needs to know. The order in which the information is given is different to what I am used to (which is the NATO format, which is nearly identical to what the British Army used during WW2) but the important info is all there.

Ah, those Sturmoviks! I didn't see them but when I heard the 'whoosh' sound of rockets when a plane was diving, I thought that there must be Il-2s attacking.

It is a bit strange in an SF mission to see Stukas and Sturmoviks in action over the same battle at the same time, attacking ground targets as if they were the only planes in the sky. I think it is best to have just one side with air support, in a single mission - Stukas for a German attack, Sturmoviks for a Soviet attack is probably most realistic, but with some exceptions, to add variety.

The realistic vulnerability of light armour like SPWs is something that many SF missions don't seem to take much notice of. In real life you would take care of them as best you could. For example, keeping them behind the tanks in an attack, except against very light opposition. Or just using them as the British say, as 'battle taxis', to drive the infantry, protected from shell or mortar fire, by a covered route to a chosen position where the infantry dismount for their attack.

IIRC the briefing or mission intro said something which made me believe that the SPWs would stay back after dropping off their troops, and then just drive onto the objective Ponyri after the troops had got there, just to help clearing it of any remaining enemy ('mopping up'). I think the word 'patrol' was used somewhere. Not important!

Anyway, if your attack is 'swarmed' by T-34s, you can probably expect bad casualties, whatever you do, even as Frinik says, if you have some Tigers!  I think the mission does a very good job of playing out what would likely happen, if its events occurred on a real WW2 battlefield. The battle in this mission starts as a carefully choreographed German attack, but soon turns out not to be a good place for an obsolete tank to be, and a very bad place for a thin-skinned SPW! If you are not careful with your old Panzer, you should expect to have serious trouble. In my first play-through, even being careful, I won only because my two surviving Panzer IIIs and the dismounted infantry survived the Soviet tank attack and were able to make it to Ponyri. If we had been counterattacked there, we would have been quickly crushed or driven out. Like Pyrrhus said, another victory like that will be the end of us all!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 18, 2015 12:10 am

frinik wrote:
    In real life 20 T34s would have been a challenged for a group of 6 Tigers.
    I supposed to see the next proportion:
    1xTiger vs 20xT-34
    But I'm afraid SF engine could not provide such tank number.

Unless we replace some of the T34s with T70s?They were the mainstay of the Soviet tank forces up until September 1943.
    There are a couple of T-70. Just to bring to the mission a bit of creativity. I wanted to see how Pz.III N worked with heavy tanks, that's why I placed more T-34. Besides I wanted T-70 to protect village, but AI didn't want to stay there Smile

33lima wrote:
    About the cross on the front plate of the Panzer III, this is what I mean. I am sure that some Panzer III, somewhere, carried a cross in this position but it was very rare, maybe because it makes such a nice aiming mark!
    OK, I'll remove cross from the frontal armor.

It is a bit strange in an SF mission to see Stukas and Sturmoviks in action over the same battle at the same time
    Yes, it's a first time implemented. I read that in the battle for the station Ponyri aviation took part from both sides.

In real life you would take care of them as best you could. Like Pyrrhus said, another victory like that will be the end of us all!
    It's a game  bom There is important only the final result. All other aspects doesn't make any differences, because for the next mission we've unlimited resources.

BTW
    Didn't u think abt. severe loses of the enemy? Wink
    Some APC's are not a big prize for the opponent's tanks.

EDIT:
    Mission updated to the new version, which is based on the GMP1.4x
    Installation:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.4x (must)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. 01_Fix_MayUpd_2015 www.4shared.com/rar/qZBXWKx4ce/01_Fix_MayUpd_2015.html
    8. 03_summer_43 www.4shared.com/rar/My9fJPmfba/03_summer_43.html

1. Start the game->Campaigns & missions->GMP1.4x->"Hot summer 1943" (Pz.III N)

dukling

Post by dukling on Wed May 20, 2015 1:38 am

підключив 03_summer_43, почала вилітати на 17%.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed May 20, 2015 6:42 am

dukling wrote:підключив 03_summer_43, почала вилітати на 17%.
    "17%" це через відсутність моделі, що дуже дивно, бо у місії нема жодної нової моделі техніки. На всяк випадок, покажи свою установку, також мені потрібно ще одне підтвердження, що місія вилітає від іншого юзера.

dukling

Post by dukling on Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 pm

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed May 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Установка правильна.
    Щойно перевірив на своїй новій установкі. Все працює. Ось скріни.

На всяк випадок я зробив новий фікс 02_Fix_MayUpd_2015. Ось лінка:
    www.4shared.com/rar/qZBXWKx4ce/02_Fix_MayUpd_2015.html
    Втрати/Losses.
    Знищено/Destroyed:
    1xPz.VI
    4xSPW
    3xPz.III N
    1хВзвод піхоти

Підбито/Hit:
    2xPz.VI
    3xSPW
    1xPz.III N

Вціліло/Survive:
    1xPz.VI
    1xSPW
    2xPz.III N

Втрати противника/Enemy losses:
    - 12хТ-34
    - 3хСУ-122
    - 2хТ-70
    - 2хБМ-13
    - ЗхПТГ 76мм
    - 2хМ-30 гаубиця
    - 2xMG "Maxim"
    - 2xВзвод піхоти

До того ж поле бою полишилось за мною. Тобто теоретично можна відремонтувати пошкоджену техніку.
    The battlefield left for my side. It does theoretically all units with hits could be repaired.

Last edited by lockie on Thu May 21, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

dukling

Post by dukling on Thu May 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Спасибі місія запустилася. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 pm

dukling wrote:Спасибі місія запустилася. Smile
    Дуже добре, що врешті все владналось. Надішли кілька скринів, як проходив місію та які трофеї. Також цікаво забачити які в тебе загальні втрати.
    Тільки грай без додаткового боєзапасу та прискореної стрільби з гармати.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Thu May 21, 2015 11:20 pm

03 summer 43 still has the cross on the front plate of the Panzer III. The new version plays well and the briefing is much better. I managed to win with 2 Panzer III alive, same as first play-through, by hanging back. It was still fun shooting the attacking Soviet tanks at long range and seeing the Stukas diving through the gun-sight. Hectic and exciting. Soon after getting 'Mission complete' the mission CTD'ed with 'shell.exe has stopped working'.

This is a really good mission for the Panzer III. You can have a good battle in an old tank against dangerous enemies and still survive, win and have a lot of fun with a lot of action going on. My only suggestion would be to slow down the SPWs so they stay behind the foremost tanks, or advance in stages eg stop in the gully beside the windmill, and stay there until the first tanks, or their infantry, are near Ponyri.

And the Tiger I would be better with no Zimmerit, which was I think not around at the time of Kursk.

Great mission, great map and great Panzer III N!
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri May 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Fully agree this is a great mission, the mission is very well planed and thought out with lots of action going on keeping you very busy just to survive.

Wicked cool feature is the smoke screen, installing a fog of war environment that clouds your attack from the enemy positions, but also obscures the enemy defenses.  

Many thank's to all that helped with producing this mission. cheers

dukling

Post by dukling on Sat May 23, 2015 4:04 am

Місію виграв на балансі 5:
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun May 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Finally had a Mission Complete.  cheers  

One item about the Pz III N is, watch out for those shell craters and foxholes, or you will soon be target practice for those anti tank gunners. LoL  Shocked

Have picked up on some new objects in the game and one being the wood piles and the redone houses. Very nice work, gives the battlefield and new realistic look.

Again thank's for the work going into these missions and new objects/vehicles/effects.

Місію виграв на балансі 5:

Yes, this is a good balance for keeping the mission very interesting. LoL Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 24, 2015 4:40 pm

woofiedog wrote:Finally had a Mission Complete.  cheers
    Congrats! Smile
    Try balance "6" Cool
    Remember, the primary objective - support Tigers with fire! I mean u've to destroy as more AT guns as possible, then Tigers will clear up the road to the village. Also shoot with HE shell (set up delay "2") on the infantry in trenches.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun May 24, 2015 5:32 pm

primary objective - support Tigers with fire! I mean u've to destroy as more AT guns as possible

Yes, accomplished this with long range gun fire upon the AT gun positions with HE shells. After eliminating those AT guns, you can make your way to the next hill, with a little leeway before the next attack. But you almost need a resupply of ammo during this mission, so you really need to take a steady aim and watch your ammo expenditure.

Do you think that a "Resupply" option could be implemented into STA, that would take place during a mission?  Just a thought. Wink
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 24, 2015 5:57 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    Do you think that a "Resupply" option could be implemented into STA,
    that would take place during a mission?  Just a thought. Wink

It's possible to implement "resupply" area into mission, but I Pz.III N has already many shells. Usually, I've 5-7 shells when approaching to the village. On the balance 6, it's a real hardcore Very Happy
    Also u may setup `enemy experience`=4 and it'll be a good challenge!
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Always like a good heated battle, will give these setting a try. Very Happy
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun May 24, 2015 7:15 pm

It's possible to implement "resupply" area into mission

This could be an added feature for adding multi-mission goals into one mission. For example a mission that attacks a entrench defensive position, then continues on to attack a town, but afterwards has to defend it's own position against a counterattack. Some what like this "Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)" mission that has two parts.

Well something along those lines of thought anyway, with lots of heated heavy action and a need for lots of ammo. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:21 am