Latest topics

» T-34/85/D5Т
by mechanic Today at 12:49 pm

» Missions by Deviator (Місії ад Девіатора)
by lockie Today at 8:26 am

» Calculation of the armor penetration
by mechanic Yesterday at 6:56 am

» STA3.2 settings are not saved
by mechanic Yesterday at 6:54 am

» Airplane shotdown!
by Glushak Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:53 am

» Terminated russian occupants in Ukraine
by lockie Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

» Movie The Man with the Iron Heart
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Mission: Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 pm

I'm planning to make a new mission for the tank Pz.III N. This tank now is a museum exhibit in SF. It doesn't has any missions as a tank to support attack.
    There was free source code of the polygon and I've applied adjustments to it and finally it looks good for the mission. It'll be standard mission. 3xPzIII N with 2xPz.VI and infantry attacks the Soviet positions, capture it and during battle user must repel the enemy tank counter-attack.

History note:
    Summer 1943. One of the hottest on record... The parched Ukrainian soil goes up in vast clouds of dust every time the tank tracks of the mighty Tiger tanks roll over it.The entire landscape looks like a North African one in the middle of a sandstorm.
    Unternehmen Zitadelle had been launched the week prior on the order of the Fuehrer himself. Over 650 000 men converged ion the Soviet positions all along the 75 kilometres long fron tin the central Ukraine. Everybody had the feeling that the war had reached a turning point.

Installation:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (must)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. JulUpd_2015 link1, link2
    8. m04_summer_43 link1, link2
    9. Weather Scorching Summer (optional)

GMP1.x->Hot Summer 43, partI/II

1. Start the game->Campaigns & missions->GMP1.4x->"Hot summer 1943" (Pz.III N)

Special thanks to Monseigneur Frinik! (scenario)

Splash video added.

Here's sample:
    www.4shared.com/video/E3XX7oeBce/pz3ausfn1avi.html

EDIT: 22.05.2015
    Mission added to GMP1.43
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t24p30-game-missions-pack-01-gmp-1-4
    Post n°34

Last edited by lockie on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 22 times in total
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Hot summer 1943 (Pz.III N)

Post by 33lima on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Looking forward to this one - it will make a good basis for a new SF mission report! Villers Bocage, also.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:45 pm

I hope it'll be good mission! Wink Viller-Bocage is on the way!  Cool
    There are some screennies from the new polygon:
    Mill is in the center of the polygon

Hut in the wood (This "Hut" is completely new house. It took me more than half an year to implement it. It is a very hard building, coz it consist of the logs. It has ~30000 polys, the same as tank. New house is fully destroyable).

This is a small village near forest.

There are a soviet positions.

This village must be captured (It's not finished yet).
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm

OK I'll capture the village...but can I do this to the lovely new houses (see 4:00 forward):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxgjdoIoxU

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm

It'll look smth. like that. It's possible to increase the number of the destroyed parts, but it'll seriously hit CPU and memory resources, which already have reached their limits.

PS
    I think I have to decrease the whole size of the building on ~25% Coz it looks too big.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:43 pm

That looks ok, but yes, the houses are really too big, compared to the tank.

It might help if there was a little more dust and a sort of shower of small fragments generated - like splinters flying - when you ram a house, This would look good and help disguise the limited # of parts.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:03 pm

33lima wrote:the houses are really too big, compared to the tank.
    I've decreased the house size on 25% and it's too many. I think I should decrease it only on 15%

It might help if there was a little more dust and a sort of shower of small fragments generated - like splinters flying - when you ram a house
    I'll try, but I think it's time to make a warning message and place it on the first page: STA Mod requires at least 4Gb memory on the board.
    I've 2Gb and that's why I'm worry how it does with more destroyable parts enabled.

And there are a couple words abt. new mission action. It'll be similar to the "Last panther roar". But I remember in er review u wanted to get more freedom to make manoeuvres. So, any advices?
    Coz at this moment mission is a VERY simple. There will be (2-3)xTiger, which goes straight ahead on the soviet positions and user's 3xPz.III N, which follow by the Tigers.
    I can add a pause on 120 sec, before AI will start moving. Or even more, I may include two Tigers into user group. Thus under user's command there will be 5 tanks.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 pm

The tigers should provide fire support from outside the perimeter of the village while the Panzer IIINs would take on the trenches and the infantry and AT positions...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Polygon is abt to be finished. I'd like to place for
    Germany:
    - 4x Pz.VI
    - 6x Pz.IIIN
    - 2x inf. platoon
    - 1x grenadier + 4x APC SdKfz.251/10/1
    - 3x Ju-87

Soviet:
    - 12x T-34/76(43)
    - 6x SU-76
    - 6x SU-122

The main problem is how to avoid error 97%(lack memory)

PS
    As it appeared the main problem was to implement railroad. I had to apply "level" patches to align the railroad, because of the landscape roughness.
    Here's example how railroad part "went into" the ground.

This is "leveled up" patch to align roughness of the surface. Well, it's not ideal, but better then before.

PPS
    It's time to write the scenario! Would be pleased to hear what Monseigneur Frinik-Enrické Dumas will think abt it Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Finally, I've got cross-railroad exactly, which I wanted to see bounce

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Mon May 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Looking great! Like the force composition as well, shaping up to be a fine mission! Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 pm

And here's a first version of scenario by Monseigneur Frinik!

Summer 1943. One of the hottest on record... The parched Ukrainian soil goes up in vast clouds of dust every time the tank tracks of the mighty Tiger tanks roll over it.The entire landscape looks like a North African one in the middle of a sandstorm.

Unternehmen Zitadelle had been launched the week prior on the order of the Fuehrer himself.Over 650 000 men converged ion the Soviet positions all along the 75 kilometres long fron tin the central Ukraine. Everybody had the feeling that the war had reached a turning point.

Hauptmann Heinz Stroebele, his face covered with sweat and dust, pored at the map. His company consisting of 6 Panzerkampfwagen Ausf H Tiger, Panzer III Ausf N with the short, stubby 75 mmL24 gun - part of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 attached to the IIIrd Panzer Corps - supported by several Sdkz251/10 and backed by seasoned veterans from the 11th infantry division was tasked with attacking and dislodging Soviet infantry from defensive positions in a village 20 kilometres south of Izym on the Southernmost part of the Kursk salient.Soviet armour was expected to strike in the region to blunt the German offensive.
    - Stroebele ordered his 6 Tigers to protect both flanks( 3 on each side) of his attack force against any likely Soviet counterattack.
    - His main force, consisting of 4 Panzer III N and the infantry, would launch a frontal assualt against the Soviet dug-in positions. The Tigers and Panzer III would pound the enemy positions with HE shells to protect the infantry.The Skdz would then follow the tanks and infantry to mop up any resistance and patrol the village.

Due to the extreme heat, Strobele decided to launch the attach at 5 PM. He expected the Soviet defenders to have been somewhat softened by constant exposure to the sun and heat ofa long July day. he also wanted to give his own men locked in their steel beasts the chance to cool down.

Last edited by lockie on Tue May 12, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue May 12, 2015 2:37 pm

The scenario needs some fleshing out - naming the units amongst other things - to make the attack plan more descriptive. BTW I have done research so the units depicted on the German side are the actual ones which fought in that area during the Zitadelle/Kursk offensive.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue May 12, 2015 4:58 pm

frinik wrote:The scenario needs some fleshing out.
    Scenario is excellent! All other details could be iron out during testing.
    There is one thing. First, I wanted to deploy a standard "Tiger" with yellow camo, then I remembered there was another unit - "Tiger SS" with much better camo! But there is a problem it is only one unit available. So, I'll add a new units:
    2x "Tiger SS"
    3x "Tiger SS"
    2x "Tiger SS" + inf. platoon

PS

Невеличкий пейзаж. Серед лісу знаходиться пасіка з вуликами. Можливо ще додати звук бджіл на полігоні саме у цьому місці Smile
    There are new objects: hives
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue May 12, 2015 5:22 pm

The dunkelgelb Tiger is a fitting choice for this mission but the camo one works too - perhaps a non-camod yellow skin for the Pz IIIN would be fitting as well, if anyone has the time/will to create it, since they just started with factory-painted yellow schemes in early '43, so the crews might not have had the time needed to camouflage their vehicles. Smile
    MaxFH
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by MaxFH on Tue May 12, 2015 5:39 pm

lockie wrote: Невеличкий пейзаж. Серед лісу знаходиться пасіка з вуликами. Можливо ще додати звук бджіл на полігоні саме у цьому місці Smile

Це було б дуже добре. Можливо зробити цей звук тільки в світлу пору доби, а вночі хай бджоли відпочивають?
    Навіть і не думав, що звук можна зробити в одному місці.
    В мене є кілька фонових звуків які я хотів би застосувати наприклад кваканя жаб біля ставка у темну пору доби. Чи можливо звичайному користувачу це зробити, якщо так, то які дії слід виконувати?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue May 12, 2015 6:22 pm

MaxFH wrote:
    Можливо зробити цей звук тільки в світлу пору доби, а вночі хай бджоли відпочивають?
    На жаль, ні. Наскілько я зрозумів, то можна локалізувати джерело звуку і цей звук буде чутно кожного разу коли наближаєшся до нього. Але це тіко в теорії, бо на практиці я ще жодного звуку з природи не додав. От якраз певний випадок стався Smile Тож можна спробувати.

Навіть і не думав, що звук можна зробити в одному місці.
    В мене є кілька фонових звуків які я хотів би застосувати наприклад кваканя жаб біля ставка у темну пору доби. Чи можливо звичайному користувачу це зробити, якщо так, то які дії слід виконувати?
    Створюй новий топік "Як додати локальний звук?" у розділі: Game Editing.
    Будемо розбиратись.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu May 14, 2015 10:08 am

The background picture is ready and quotations are included. Then it's time to adjust the whole mission script!

In the mission there will be more opportunities to shoot from the long distance more than 1km.

It's almost impossible to hit any target with a kurz gun of the Pz.IIIN. Thus I had to set up shell blowing with delay "2". Then there is a great chance that shell will bouncing and blow up in the air, executes more damages around.

PS
    To say the truth, this mission would be good for the "Tiger" also Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu May 14, 2015 3:14 pm

I wanted to make a very tiny surprise for the user and placed a small quantity mines Smile There are approximately no more than twenty and all of them will be marked with a warning sign. I know during battle user will miss it warning sign Wink But AI right immediately recognized where the mines placed and of course, went around them. Then I had to place a tactical mark "no pre-colission" and thus forced AI moved on the contour with mines. I think, it'll will bring a bit of variety to the mission.

frinik

Post by frinik on Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Would it be possible to implement anti personnel mines in the games so we could kill the infantry with it?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri May 15, 2015 4:37 pm

I've found in the ME one interesting detail. "Railroad" object is a very capricious object. It needs an ideal surface, but in fact it's a very hard to provide. Thus there are parts of the railroad, which are invincible.

It's possible to align objects along the surface by adjusting landscape, but it could lead to the unpredictable results, i.e. u may get a tunnel on the polygon Smile
    But look at the tab "Height, m". It is equal to "0." I set up "Height=6m" and got a fine results! All parts lay down on the surface perfectly!

Donken, is it possible to add 2 and 3 LOD's to railroad object? Now we may see railroad only from the close distance, so no need to use 352 triangles of the 1 LOD all over the whole polygon.

I think u can make 3 LOD as simple object, i.e. 2x rectangle. Or even make one invisible rectangle.

frinik wrote:Would it be possible to implement anti personnel mines in the games so we could kill the infantry with it?
    I don't know. I never think abt. it. As my point, it's impossible.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri May 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Here's a test version of the mission "Hot summer 1943" (Pz.III N). I played on the balance "5", allies exp.=4, enemy exp.=2
    There are available 4-7 balances.

Installation:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. 01_Fix_MayUpd_2015 www.4shared.com/rar/qZBXWKx4ce/01_Fix_MayUpd_2015.html
    8. 02_summer_43 www.4shared.com/rar/My9fJPmfba/01_summer_43.html

1. U've to write the entry:
    sta_kursk_pz3n, missn_kursk_pz3n, 1, 0, pz3nkursk.jpg, cit_kursk, 3, txt_hist_pz3nkursk, pz3nkursk, levels\levels\cm_users\sta_kursk_pz3n.level;

to the file:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\user_camp.engcfg

2. Save
    3. Start the game->Campaigns & missions->User missions->"Hot summer 1943" (Pz.III N)

There are some screens from the mission.
    here's a start of the mission. My Panzers are abt to take "line" formation after "Tigers". There are SdKfz with grenadiers behind my back. They will start in a while.

My squad is approaching to the enemy positions.

Enemy positions has been captured, now it is turn to capture village "Ponyri".

I'm in the village and it is a victory because of the Germany superiority!

Here's my modest result.

All job was done by "Tiger's".

PS
    As more as I play this mission, as more I'm sure it is mission for the "Tiger" Cool

Last edited by lockie on Sat May 16, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

dukling

Post by dukling on Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm

У мене стала вилітати гра на 7%, в чому справа не зрозумію.  Crying or Very sad
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat May 16, 2015 1:06 pm

I must have installed this wrong (same install order as shown above, plus scorching hot summer weather mod) - because the mission is not listed anywhere - at least, I can't find it Sad
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 16, 2015 2:17 pm

dukling wrote:У мене стала вилітати гра на 7%, в чому справа не зрозумію.  Crying or Very sad
    Є помилки, виправляю.

33lima wrote:I must have installed this wrong - because the mission is not listed anywhere - at least, I can't find it Sad
    Did u write the entry:
    sta_kursk_pz3n, missn_kursk_pz3n, 1, 0, pz3nkursk.jpg, cit_kursk, 3, txt_hist_pz3nkursk, pz3nkursk, levels\levels\cm_users\sta_kursk_pz3n.level;

to the file:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\levels\LEVELS\camp\user_camp.engcfg

Anyway, according to the test reports mission has some errors. I'll fix them and upload a new version. Patience, tankers! And u'll be rewarded with a sever tank battle!

PS
    Should I add artillery support to German troops or artillery defence fire to the Soviet side?
    I've to confess it'll decrease game FPS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 pm