MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Full metall barrel (Jagdpanzer IV) WIP

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Mission: Full metall barrel (Jagdpanzer IV) WIP

Post by frinik on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:19 am

I would suggest a 2 mission scenario. German defence and then Soviet surprise attack with the AT gun PAK-43.

I am trying to find out real episodes with the Pak43 used in combat. If I can't then we can devise our own fictitious story around that beast...

Mission 1) German defence; in mid or late autumn 1944, the Germans are trying to defend a fortified position against overwhelming Soviet armoured and infantry attacks. We could have a fortified position with Pak43 and Flak36 guns supported by Jagdpanzers IV and Panzer IV H holding out against late JS-2s, ISU122s supported by some T34/85 and desant. The player will be either a Jagdpanzer or Panzer IV and support the AT batteries to break off the Soviet assault and hold the position.

Mission 2) After sustaining horrible losses, the Soviets decide to undertake a surprise night attack against the AT batteries to eliminate them and be able to resume the offensive. SU 85s and 100s with AT infantry and supported by a few T34/85 will surprise the Germans (with flares illuminating their positions) and must destroy all AT/AA guns in order to achieve victory. The T34/85s will act as decoys attacking the defensive position straight on to draw any AT fire onto them while the SUs will conduct a simultaneous flank attack to eliminate the AT guns and deal with any German armour.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Full metall barrel (Jagdpanzer IV) WIP

Post by lockie on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

I like both scenarios! What the polygon would u like to suggest or should we make a new one?
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:34 pm

To minimize work i suggest using an existing one may be one with a bridge so the pak would protect it against soviet breakthrough. There are so many good maps. Why not halbe nt it,s got a stone bridge which the soviets would want to conquer to establish a bridgehead likec they did on the dniestr or may bethe vistula...

frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 pm

I suggest an attack of a dozen isu 122 and 152 soviet heavy artillery supported by infantry and a few t34/85. The soviets will start their attack with an artillery strike against what they think are german defensive positions on the other side of the bridge. But german intelligence knew of the impending sttack and german AT guns and infantry were pulled back to other defensive positions away from soviet arty and are waiting for the soviet attack intact.that's the first mission for ther German side.the grrman side csn hasve jagdpanthers or stugs to protect the guns and infantry with may bre a late tiger I...
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 pm

The problem is that stone bridge was made as undestroyable. So, if one tank will be hit at the middle of the bridge, it'll stop the whole column. There should be two variants of the soviet attack:
    1. over the bridge
    2. through the ford

I agree it makes sense to have a two-prong attack! Anyway the bridge is made of stone so should not be easily destroyed...

I still recommend a 5 minutes artillery barrage on the other side of the bridge as the Soviets are not aware that the Germans have moved to new defensive positions.

Second wave need not be big just 6 to 8 tanks.
    I thought of having flak 36 because 3 paks aren't enough against many SUs and tanks .Unless we add pak40s instead along with the pak43?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Polygon "halbe" sounds good! There are only two missions were made on its base.
    Let it be first mission for the German side. What the forces will take part for the both sides? Soviet will come to the bridge out of the polygon. There will be mine field, thus soviet tanks may go only over the bridge and we will get pure massacre. And I'm sure, if one tank will be damaged on the middle of bridge, then mission will be completed successful, which is not good. Solution? Remove minefield?

BTW
    We may use as user's tank a new "Tiger B" with cockpit.

frinik wrote:I agree it makes sense to have a two-prong attack!
    That's it!

I still recommend a 5 minutes artillery barrage on the other side of the bridge as the Soviets are not aware that the Germans have moved to new defensive positions.
    There is no problem for the good goalkeeper! There will be only one case: all pak43 could be destroyed after soviet art-strike, but shit happens. It'll be kinda random part of the mission.

Second wave need not be big just 6 to 8 tanks.
    Suppose, it'll be dependable on the balance.

I thought of having flak 36 because 3 paks aren't enough against many SUs and tanks .Unless we add pak40s instead along with the pak43?
    Oh, why do we need pak40? I was sure we had mission for pak43. Do we are?

Last edited by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frinik

Mission: Full metall barrel(Jagdpanzer IV)

Post by frinik on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:38 am

Yes it's a mission featuring the Pak 43 but we can still deploy other material.

is no problem for the good goalkeeper! There will be only one case: all pak43 could be destroyed after soviet art-strike, but shit happens. It'll be kinda random part of the mission.

NO, no my friend you did not understand me! The Soviet arty strike will fall on empty positions. It happened several times during the war that the Germans knew about a Soviet attack and would pull back their troops and Soviet artillery strikes would fall on empty positions. This is what we will do here. The artillery strike will be purely for show; for effect for realism but will not hit the Paks which will be safely out of reach! I guess I will have to draw a map of my plan and email it to you it will be easier to understand!

I want these mission to eb as realistic as possible.

Anyway I will write the historical background and the mission deployment orders and plan. Not to worry
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:19 pm

What abt. to replace Jagdpanzer IV on Jagdtiger?
    Here's good scenario:
    Commander of the 2nd Company Battalion 512 was a famous German tank ace Otto Carius. In March 1945, "Jagdtiger" of this battalion took part in the fighting at the first time. 1st squadron consisting of 6 SPG's defended the bridge over the Rhein near the town Remagen. Without losing a single machine, the German gunners successfully repelled all attacks of the allied forces and destroyed a large number of tanks(~20pcs). In the battle at Remagen "Jagdtiger" demonstrated the destructive power of its 128-mm guns, which easily hit any enemy tank at a distance of 2.5 km.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 am

OK we could do that although the stream and the bridge on the Halbe map look nothing like the Rhine river nor the Remagen bridge. Imagination will have to fill the gaps I guess......I will have to substitute Fireflys and Shermans to the ISUs and JS...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm