MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Campaign: Fury (M4A3/76 E8) STA2.0

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Campaign: Fury (M4A3/76 E8) STA2.0

Post by lockie on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:25 pm

First mission is ready. Great thanks to will73 for his help to adjust new building (bench-saw), which always caused CTD.
    The mission is a very easy. I'd say it is a training mission. There is one way how to make it harder. I may place user as MGunner(Normann) and block it. Thus user can play only from one place - MG gunner, which is extremely difficult, coz u can't hit almost anything Rolling Eyes
    Because u're out of the MG reticle Embarassed I think only in the movie Norman managed to kill Krautz. In the game it's almost impossible.

dukling

Post by dukling on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:06 am

Місію пройдена на балансі 9: Very Happy

33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:23 am

I still haven't seen the film but this looks Brilliant, Lockie! The shots in the woods remind me of one of the original Steel Beasts missions, were you are trying to puch through a wood with eneny infantry amongst the trees - this time there's no thermal imaging though! Some areas like the PoW camp may bring my PC to its knees, unless I use the ME to edit out some stuff, but the environments look fantastic!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 pm

33lima wrote:I still haven't seen the film but this looks Brilliant, Lockie!
    Thank u, 33lima Smile
    But polygon is not finished yet anymore. It's just a very early alpha version. I've prepared it only for the mission N1 (Walk in the forest) and partly for the mission N2 (battle with AT gun). I need a new name for the mission N2. Perhaps, "Do your job!" will be fine.

Some areas like the PoW camp may bring my PC to its knees, unless I use the ME to edit out some stuff, but the environments look fantastic!
    I've AMD 6000+ (3.1Ghz) and mission runs smooth. Suppose, it'll run on er PC also.

And here's E8(with a new tracks, which was made by Donken) on the test polygon!

Soon I'll add an appropriate logo: "Fury", "Old Phyliss" etc.

BTW
    As I've understood "Old Phyliss" is a woman name? I don't think that tankers placed on their tank a man's name Smile
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Yea 'Old Phyliss' would be a girl - probably, it would be a good name for my PC (a now rather old 2.33 Core 2 Quad).

The M4 76m HVSS looks great, too. The little struts for the mudguards along the sides look a bit too long, though.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:10 pm

33lima wrote:Yea 'Old Phyliss' would be a girl - probably, it would be a good name for my PC (a now rather old 2.33 Core 2 Quad).
    Smile  Cool   Laughing

The M4 76m HVSS looks great, too. The little struts for the mudguards along the sides look a bit too long, though.
    This question definitely goes to Donken Smile

Meanwhile, here it is a first try to place "Fury" logo. Firstly, I wanted to place it on the barrel, but changed my mind. Logo on the hull looks more recognizable.

Though, letters are too fat. It should be more thinned.

EDIT 05.10.2015
    Version N2.

PS
    Here's insignia of the 2nd Armored Division. I may put it on the hull also, but I'm not sure was it on the tank or not.

Last edited by lockie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

dukling

Post by dukling on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 am

I've feeling that tracks are absent in the tank  Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 am

dukling wrote:I've feeling that tracks are absent in the tank
    It is fixed already.

Fury OST (2014)-Steven Price
    This is excellent music! I'll place in a couple tracks.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:31 am

A small suggestion regarding the Shermans - could the right-most Sherman be edited so there's a random chance of it having/not having the mudguards above its tracks?

Like this:

33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Good idea. US Army Shermans arriving in Europe may have had these mudguards fitted when they arrived in rear area depots, but they are rarely if ever, seen in photos of M4 series in front-line service in NW Europe.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:01 am

kapulA wrote:A small suggestion regarding the Shermans - could the right-most Sherman be edited so there's a random chance of it having/not having the mudguards above its tracks?
    It's already done Surprised (Well, this Sherman looks so ugly Smile

U may change randomness as u wish in cfg file
    random()
    {
    //fragment name, probabiblity (?)
    d_wing_left01a, 0.76;
    d_wing_right01a, 0.75;
    99 does always appearing.

These tanks are what we've now:

"Fury" hasn't already one carret. No wonder tank got malfunction after it had rolled on a mine Smile

PS
    Suppose, with a new Shermans are available we'll get more missions Smile
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 pm

So the tank named Lucy Sue also has a chance to have no mudguards? I'm just asking because the first Sherman you posted is the early M4A1, Murder Inc, and Lucy Sue looks to me like an M4A2, but which could easily stand in for the M4A3, the most common variant in the US army, if it lost the mudguards. I was under the impression that they (M4A2, Lucy Sue) had them always on after playing Magnum Force and the other Pz-IV H mission.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:23 pm

kapulA wrote:So the tank named Lucy Sue also has a chance to have no mudguards?
    Yeap.

I'm just asking because the first Sherman you posted is the early M4A1, Murder Inc, and Lucy Sue looks to me like an M4A2, but which could easily stand in for the M4A3
    To say the truth, I'm always confusing which variant of the tank is  Rolling Eyes
    There are so many variants, that I can't definitely say what the tank is  Crying or Very sad
    I know exactly we don't have M4A4/75 Murder Inc. there is M4A1/75 instead.

I was under the impression that they (M4A2, Lucy Sue) had them always on after playing Magnum Force and the other Pz-IV H mission.
    U can always change the probability of mudguards appearing.
    I.e.
    d_wings_02, 0.88, false;
    on
    d_wings_02, 0.0, false;

PS
    There will be some limits in the mission. User MUST go exactly through the forest along the road. If he will try to avoid forest left/right (purple contours) through the mines field, then he'll get warning messages and game over. Messages will be like:
    I'm FURY. I'll try to avoid forest from the right side through the mine field.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Well, it's better to have the M4A1, since the M4A4 wasn't really used by US troops afaik; it was sent to Britain, France and China via lend-lease.
    Its presence in the movie was probably dictated by financial reasoning, rather than historical. Smile

Thanks for the tips about removing the mudguards, and yeah, forcing the user through the forest seems like a valid idea, the mission would be pointless if you could just avoid the encounter with the Schreck gunners altogether.
    And sorry for not replying to the PM, life is still too busy for my liking, hah - regarding your idea, I don't know - maybe forcing the user into the role of the hull MGer might be impractical since the mgun has a very limited traverse and field of vision. :/
    On the other hand, since the amount of infantry possible in the map is rather limited, having a challenging assault by infantry only against the tank column also seems a tricky task...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks for the tips about removing the mudguards
    There will be another update for M4A1/75 and will73 has made another variant - M4A1/75 late Smile

forcing the user through the forest seems like a valid idea, the mission would be pointless if you could just avoid the encounter with the Schreck gunners altogether.
    It'll be possible to user to avoid ambush (there are some holes), but it wont be interesting at all just move from one point to another without battle.

I don't know - maybe forcing the user into the role of the hull MGer might be impractical since the mgun has a very limited traverse and field of vision. :/
    Yeah, I've already refused this idea to block user at one place. Let's user decide by erself which place he will take.
    Though, idea with MGgunner blocking is still attractive for me. It'll be good for the training mission. There are training for commander, gunner, driver, but no loader and MGgunner. Loader can use smoke grenades and shoot through the holes. So, as my point a simple training mission is possible and welcome.

PS
    I've found interesting video. It is Panther G(?) from the Fury.
    [/quote]
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Now we've water-tower for the final scene! It has only ~700 polygons, which does nothing for the game engine.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:20 am

Here's another great scene, which explains more deeply Wardaddy' behavior and where he got scars on his back. Unfortunately, it was deleted Sad
    col.moore

Post by col.moore on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:41 pm

lockie wrote:Here's another great scene, which explains more deeply Wardaddy' behavior and where he got scars on his back. Unfortunately, it was deleted Sad

Lockie, I must say man, u are a godamn artist! This mission here is the proof that u are one of the few still alive!  Congratulations for your awesome work!

Keep the awesome things coming! If u want Ideas, u know where to find me! ehehehehe

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:42 pm

The next mission will be "Do your job!", where 4xSherman's with infantry will attack German positions near forest enforced with AT guns pak-40. Smth. tells me that missions achievements will be differ than in the movie Smile

But at least one Wardaddy' tank must capture the enemy positions. Also user must pay attention to dismount infantry from the tanks or they will move sitting on the tank.

There are some screens from the first try in ME.
    Four Shermans without infantry approaches to the hedgehog.

This is German positions: three tranches and three AT guns.

German infantry are heavy equipped with a panzerschrek.

This is the last hedgehog before the trenches.

Attack!

First hits.

Finally, all trenches were captured. German side lost 2xMG and 3xATG. American lost only one Sherman. It is a very close to the movie scenario. I didn't suppose that losses will be so insignificantly low.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Shaping up nicely!
    A suggestion regarding the desant infantry - would it be possible to increase the number of soldiers on a tank? Imho, it would be and also look more realistic if tanks were more densely packed with infantry, since the current 6 men most tanks seem to carry looks like it's a bit too spacious and comfortable when compared to period pictures of infantry sitting anywhere they could to hitch a ride:

So, imo, 10 to maybe 12 (or even 15-16) on larger tanks like the KV, IS, SU-152, Tiger etc, if it's possible? Is it even possible to have them sit on the turret? That would be even better, if possible?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:21 pm

The piano is almost ready. Needs two LOD's and I want to make it to detonate if touches  Cool

As u can see the piano stays on the cobblestone plain, which early was impossible to implement Wink
    Also I've idea to make an "AT pillar" as a breakable object.

kapulA wrote:Shaping up nicely!
    A suggestion regarding the desant infantry - would it be possible to increase the number of soldiers on a tank?
    Yes, it's possible, BUT it'll greatly overload the CPU-> fps drops. Current quantity of the desant is optimal.
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Does that mean that the current 10 soldiers per German Sdkfz 251 also overloads the CPU? Anyways, it's alright to have less of them to represent a squad that has already taken losses, but maybe to add some strength to the platoon you could have some infantry on foot, following the tanks? If it's even possible to have part of them riding on tanks and part on foot?
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:41 am

This "Fury" mission is going to be a classic on it's own, still needs some attention. But I feel like I am still riding in the turret of the Sherman called the Fury. Wicked Cool

Extreme eye candy is not even coming close to describing the map and the new objects. I really can not think of to many game sim battlefields of this date of release game, as well detailed and that just stands out on it's very own.  

It makes you almost think your on a realistic ride through the back roads and traveling through the company head quarters area while playing out this mission.

And the sound track and music is very fitting and complements this mission during game play.

A lot more enemy aggression would be good, maybe like a enemy mortar added in.

But for a ride into a Western front 1945 battlefield, this mission has a lot of thought, realistic action, excellent sound track, eye candy you almost forget that your heading into harms way, because your skylarking and looking at the scenery and other items surrounding you.

To all involved with the making of this mission and all of the new objects and the many other items/vehicles/game corrections...  can't say it enough... Thank You!

For people who have not played Steel Fury recently, maybe they should take another look and checkout what the talented developer's of this tank sim community have taken time to make.  Shocked

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi, Kap
    kapulA wrote:Does that mean that the current 10 soldiers per German Sdkfz 251 also overloads the CPU?
    Yes. Each tank has a complicate system of observing. Additional infantry increase CPU overloading.

maybe to add some strength to the platoon you could have some infantry on foot, following the tanks? If it's even possible to have part of them riding on tanks and part on foot?
    Yeap, it's possible, but only if u've idea/scenario where we can implement this unit Wink
    I'd not like to make more unused unit. Actually, desant mounted on the tank it's somehow a candy, coz I'm sure that many users (~70%) just don't know how to control desant.

Hi, Woofie
    Thank u for the good words! Mission plays smooth and it's a very easy. Yes, it's possible to increase difficulty, but the main idea was to keep mission to the original movie.
    In fact, there was no a big problem/resistance for the tank column. Only one tank "Matador" was lost. I see on er screens it happened exactly as it was planned. It does mission works good.
    As for difficulty then let's give it to the user's homework Smile
    I started mission N2(Do your job), but still don't satisfy with a level of the battlefield, when tanks attack AT guns.
    Mission N1(Ambush) still has beta status, coz tank "Fury" is not ready completely, but it's a very close to the finishing Wink Suppose, Will73 soon will bring this present to us.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:55 am

Really like the attention to the detail with that Sherman screen you posted. Very Happy

lockie... Only one tank "Matador" was lost.

Yes... unfortunately we lost the tank commander of the Fury during that running battle with the enemy. Crying or Very sad

Blue was the color of the morning sky
    From the ground where he died
    It was the last thing that was seen by him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 am