October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Green Devils (Sdkfz.234/2 "Puma")

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Mission: Green Devils (Sdkfz.234/2 "Puma")

Post by lockie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:58 am

Here's a mission for APC "Puma". It is an opposite part of the mission "Sheer dirty attack", but this time 3x "Puma" with platoon Gebirgsjäger will attack village and fight with USA troops.

Installation:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.4
    4. GMP2.21
    5. GMP3.3
    6. FebUpd_2015
    7. green_devil_fix_v01 www.4shared.com/rar/ZAIsJPLhce/geen_devil_v01.html

video: www.mediafire.com/download/6nmcgfxss4qrb3x/puma.ogg

Last edited by lockie on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Mission: Green Devils (Sdkfz.234/2 "Puma")

Post by frinik on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:22 pm

The Green Devils were the nickname of the Fallschirmjaeger not of the Gebirgejager...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Yes, it is! And I'd like them to take part in the mission.
    I've already prepared a draft version of scenario. Would be pleased, if u have a look on it and do er best as usually!
    Initial situation:
    August 1944, France, small village "Vingt-Hanaps" near Alencon.
    American troops broke out the German defence line and headily moved to the town Alencon. To provide further offensive the vanguard of the 90th Infantry Division captured the village "Vingt-Hanaps", which created a critical situation fro the German forces.
    With purpose don't give the American troops to develop their offensive, the platoon "Green Devils" from the 9th Fallschirmjager Division enhanced with armor vehicles was sent to interrupt American reco squad and recapture village, then hold it on until the main forces of the 1st SS Pz. Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler will arrive.

Combat order:
    Commander 9th Fallschirmjager Division, Oberst Harry Herrmann: Karl, your squad has a very hard and dangerous task. Your gruppe must re-take the village "Vingt-Hanaps", free it from Yankee and hold it on as long as possible. According to our reconnaissance American squad equipped only with light armor APC M8 with 37mm gun and the frontal armor of your armored car can resist. There is on the way an advanced squad from 1st SS Pz. Division, which moves to the village direction. Stay there to the death! This is order! Dismissed.

Your task:
    You are Unteroffizier Karl Heineke. There are the next units under your command:
    - 3x Sd.Kfz. 234/2 "Puma" equipped with 50mm gun
    - advanced platoon of Fallschirmjaeger
    You have approach to the village "Vingt-Hanaps", then attack and capture it. Use nearest forest as an area for attack. Be prepared to repel any enemy counter-attacks.

The Forces are.
    GER:
    1. 3x "Puma" + enhanced platoon Fallschirmjager
    2. 2x Opel Blitz trucks

USA:
    1. 1x infantry platoon
    2. 1x M3 (or 2x M3, depends on balance)
    3. 1x M8 (or 2x M8, depends on balance)
    4. 2x MG 50cal.
    5. counter-attack: 9x APC M8 + infantry (depends on balance)
    frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:14 am

Why are the missions so small. I mean the scale? Why not deploy 9 to 12 units at least on each side? The Puma and apcs in general do not hit the fps much and you can put many without compromising performance. Why not a three-prong German attack with 3 groups of Pumas and some kanonenwagen as well?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 am

frinik wrote:Why are the missions so small. I mean the scale?
    I'd like to make a small simple mission. The main idea is representing the new vehicle "Puma". In spite of the easy task, user must has a skill to control and bring his squad to attacked positions. 'Puma' is not a tank anymore. AI of such armored car is scared of any trees, bushes, trenches. It is a very capricious car. Also user has a chance to make manoeuvres. Instead of frontal attack, he can attack either from the left or right flanks.
    And finally, I'd like to leave the ability to modificate mission at user's choice. He can deploy more units or even replace 'Puma' with 'Panthers' or whatever.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Mission is ready. Now it's time for tunning. There are some screenshots:

Initial position. It's a very hard task to force wingmen to follow u in the column. "Puma" AI is always scare abt. everything: trenches, bushes, trees, water (did I miss smth.?) and may be their presence on the map itself Smile

Down to take attack position in the wood.

Battle to capture the village. I've lost all my infantry and one Puma. My optimism to finish mission successfully was lost either.

In the village "Vingt-Hanaps" u mast go with extremely precautions, coz Puma tries to turn upside-down at any early convenience.

Me and my last wingman took our defence positions. I've no idea how did I manage to force him to take def. position, but it was his last good deal in the mission. After he made only one shot and that was `all for now baby blue`, coz since he left position he was immediately terminated.

I've managed hit one APC, but soon without infantry help, I got two bazooka shots and mission over. It's funny, but during my retreatment  the engine wasn't stalled and vehicle moved until stuck in the trench. Next time I should pick up another tactic to get the victory.

PS
    The "scariness" of 'Puma' was fixed. Now Puma AI has APC behavior, previously it had truck behavior.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 am