» Game Missions Pack #02 (GMP 2.37)
by lockie Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Donations for the forum
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Tanks in the movies
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 5:04 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by Lavrinenko Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

» Computer Overhaul
by woofiedog Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

» Hello, new to Steel Fury/STA... where do I start?
by Tanker Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm

» We all at sometime or another...
by woofiedog Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Capture "Tiger" (MK IV 'Churchill')

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Capture "Tiger" (MK IV 'Churchill')

Post by lockie on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

dukling wrote:I went on a mission to balance 9.
    This is great result! How many shells did u have (suppose 10000?) and what was the fire-rate of the Churchill's gun (let me guess - 1000 shots per minute)?  Cool
    There are only 4 balances available: 3,4,5,6. It does 7,8,9 will be the same as at 6.

Last edited by lockie on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Working now - when re-installing & re-enabling everything, I used the older version of the mission file!

Love this mission already! The start is impressive, with the leading Churchills moving on ahead and HQ waiting behind.

I forgot to change the mission balance and a Tiger attacked the leading tanks.

I tried to go right-flanking and managed to catch a Tiger from the flank. I immobilised him but then his turret swung around and before I could back up into cover again, it was 'Goodnight, Vienna'!

Just a quick play through, looking forward to trying again at a lower balance. The tanks, the terrain, the action and the concept are terrific.

We definitely need a British voice pack - those Yank voices don't sound right! And the loader says 'On the way' when he has loaded a round ('Up' would be correct, for the Americans).
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:50 pm

33lima wrote:Working now - when re-installing & re-enabling everything, I used the older version of the mission file!
    That's as definitely good news! But I need u to install the latest version, which is "06_capture_tiger_v06", coz report from u won't be full.
    There is a hint to destroy "Tiger" quickly. Shoot at his wheels. Usually, after 6-7 shots members crew will bail out.

Here's a hint to user don't shoot at any "Tigers".
    To clear out situation with callnames, I repeat:\n
    - HQ is "Bravo"
    - Lt. Gudgin' First group is "Whale"
    - Major Douglas' Second group is "Orca"
    - Truck "Bedford" with recovery crew and radioman is "Runner".\n
    Dismiss.\n\n

Col. Van Strubenzee: Major Lidderdale, I'd like you to stay. I have a personal order for you. If you see unmovable "Tiger", then shoot at him only under extremal circumstances! I need you to bring me alive "Tiger"! Leave the job to kill the enemy armor to Lt. Gudgin' group. Do you understand me?
    Major Lidderdale: Yes, Sir!
    Col. Van Strubenzee: Dismiss.

And of course, we can make ENG crew sounds. There are two ways:
    1. use already prepared from Japan site. SCM + UK VoicePack by by kurz W.
    www.4shared.com/rar/qm0WqN3Ice/SoundCompleteMod_AusfGUK_Voice.html
    2. Make it from the scratch as additional ENG crew speech. There is robot, who may act as actor:
    http://imtranslator.net/translate-and-speak/
    http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php?sitepal
    http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

PS
    I see u don't use option "highlited targets". Bravo! That's a good challenge for player and good chance for stupid AI to get victory over human.

Last edited by lockie on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:32 pm

OK grabbing the latest version now, and that voice pack!

PS
    I've moved posts abt UK speech here:
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t231-english-speech-uk-in-sf#1925

lockie
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:16 am

OK I've started posting a mission report on CombatAce, which I will re-post here too, after I've finished it:

http://combatace.com/topic/85660-catch-that-tiger/

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:56 am

This is excellent report! I'm reading this as I see the movie or somth. with a real feeling that I'm in the center of the battle! Unfortunately, I'm lack of many English words, so time to time I had to see my vocabulary Smile Looking forward to see the next parts of this gripping narration.
    And I've some comments as for story.

1. U may move along the map using the keys from Numpad (7,8,9,5, rotate 4,6). So, before mission starting, u've ability to learn the map, place ruler to make measurement and see which points will be hidden or not from the direct fire. To place tank in the center of the map, press Ctr+5.

2. "Churchill" was made from the scratch, perhaps 4 years ago. It is not stock tank. It was firstly included into "NTA 1.3", coz this tank finally was provided with a mission "Real Churchill" for RKKA, GMP2.22.

Approximately half-year ago "Churchill" became as a tank of the British side and received amazing new camo and tactical marks, made by will73. All British tankers received two uniforms (depends on mod): yellow(desert) and black(default), also a recognizable head-dress - a beret (which was taken from the Rembo 3d model Smile

3. In SF "Churchill" is a very mobile and fast tank! Well, it doesn't correspond to the real things, but since nobody care abt. it and I didn't have any complains, then I left all moving characteristics as it is.

4. U should have not be able to see abandoned Tiger at any circumstances (only flag). I've managed to do that deliberately, to provide more fun and surprise, but I see the blue thick circle, which does u may see Tiger inspite of my efforts to hide it Smile
    But may be u've enbled the option "See all units".

5. Also I can see on this picture a trees. It does I may place them on the polygon, in case if I know what the name of tree and how it looks exactly. And there are no palms anymore.

6. Finally, I'd like to note - playing the mission without target markers is extremely hard, coz u may relay only on er eyes and hints from Commander (which quickly disappear from the screen), but in this way u'll be rewarded with a huge portion of adrenaline and a great fun!
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Thanks for the tips Lockie! Mission report completed, I will upload it here, tomorrow probably.

I think the trees in the picture may be olive trees; they are certainly very common in the south of Spain, just across the Mediterranean.

I really enjoyed this mission - lots happening, scary without being madly difficult, and very different!
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:52 am

In Tunisia, oaks trees( the cork oak variety) olive trees, orange trees, acacia trees, maritime and white pine trees are common throughout the country . In my garden when I lived there I had an olive tree, a young tangerine tree and a fruit tree rarely seen outside the Mediterranean area called the medlar or sometimes loquat .
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 pm

33lima wrote:Thanks for the tips Lockie! Mission report completed, I will upload it here
    With my pleasure! (there is one slip of pen, u wrote 57mm gun. It should be 75mm)
    And I'd be pleased, if u upload mission review on our forum. I may say, that er report as good as mission itself or even a bit better Wink U're almost exposed all my "easter eggs", though a couple still left bom

I think the trees in the picture may be olive trees; they are certainly very common in the south of Spain, just across the Mediterranean.
    Thanks for tips. I've already started looking for free 3d model olive.

I really enjoyed this mission - lots happening, scary without being madly difficult, and very different!
    Thanks! I've to say a BIG thanks to Woofiedog for his amazing story abt. "captured Tiger", which inspired me to make a new mission cheers
    MaxFH
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by MaxFH on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 pm

lockie wrote:This mission will be a very heavily scripted, so I don't know how it'll effect the finish result. And I'm still hesitating with idea to bring by truck members crew to the "Tiger". It's a very interesting episode and was never made before. Here's testing how script works.
    Привіт, lockie, як прописати це в скрипту?  
    (Ніколи навіть і не думав що можна союзниками-юнітами викрасти ворожий танк)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:35 pm

MaxFH wrote:Привіт, lockie, як прописати це в скрипту?  
    (Ніколи навіть і не думав що можна союзниками-юнітами викрасти ворожий танк)
    Авторська таємниця Wink(That's author secret)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:00 pm