MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Місії на заказ/Mission request

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Місії на заказ/Mission request

Post by lockie on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 pm

I've found absolutely amazing story abt. German tank ace Karl Körner.
    I still can't believe in it, coz it sounds as a fantastic fiction! He was 25 years!
    http://www.achtungpanzer.com/gen10.htm

In April of 1945, SS-Hauptscharfuhrer Karl Korner (platoon commander from the 2nd Company) was supporting an infantry counterattack in the Bollersdorf area (east of Berlin), when he encountered two Soviet JS-2 heavy tanks at a distance of 200m. He quickly destroyed the first one and second one trying to reverse in order to take a firing position drove into an anti-tank ditch and was abandoned by the crew. On the road from Bollersdorf to Strausberg, Korner observed additional 11 JS-2 tanks and around 120 to 150 enemy tanks in the process of being refueled and re-armed on the edge of the village. He then fired and destroyed all 11 JS-2 tanks on the road and attacked the rest of the tanks and their surprised crews. Number of fuel and ammunition trucks exploded causing even more panic among the Soviet tankers, while Korner fired all 39 rounds he had left and knocked out 39 enemy tanks before he withdrew. Following this action, sSSPzAbt 503 and other units were falling back to defend Berlin. On his way to Berlin, Karl Korner destroyed over 100 Soviet tanks and 26 anti-tank guns in total, achievement for which on April 29th, he was awarded the Knights Cross in the bunker of Reichs Chancellery. After the ceremony, Korner returned to his unit on the frontline at Charlottenburg district of Berlin. On May 2nd, last King Tiger from sSSPzAbt 503 was destroyed during an attempt to break out of the city on the Spandau Bridge.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:45 am

It's time to prepare the new missions for the tank T-34/85 with a newly attached cockpit!
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t934p25-34-85-with-a-cockpit#10798

The first mission will be based on the next action:
    On February 17th, the Wehrmacht's offensive began as part of the tank divisions: 12th SS Panzer-Division Hitlerjugend and 1st SS-Panzer-Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler, with the newest tanks and assault guns. On February 19th, the German forces succeeded in forcing the river Danube in a number of places and reaching the western bank of the river Gron. But the Soviet forces persistently resisted on the seized bridgehead. The Commander of the 2nd Ukrainian front Marshal R. Y. Malinovsky  had to throw a reserves here, but they could not stop the advanced enemy who was rushing towards their purpose and on February 24th the Soviet units retreated to the eastern bank of the river Gron.

On February 22 and 23, 1945, a platoon of T-34/85 tanks under the command Lieutenant Ivan Deputatov from the 36th Guards Tank Brigade of the 4th Guards Mechanized Corps (the 7th Guards Army) was in the defensive position near the village of Bart, Czechoslovakia and destroyed 26 German tanks during two days of fighting.
    Maps:

Insignia of the 36th Guards Tank Brigade.

The enemy of the Soviet 36th Guards Tank Brigade will be 503 Schwere-Panzer-Abteilung equipped with Tiger I and II.

EDIT 03.04.2017
    Mission is ready! All I need now is get the new cockpit and see how it does!
    Cockpit T-34/85 will be made as a standalone mod. Since, it is "candy" and doesn't effect the gameplay anymore - this mod will be available only via donation. All TSF members will get this mod without need to donate.

Mission itself is straight and fast. Meet the Tigers, destroy them and capture the bridgehead! Recommended weather mod is "Winter weather".

PS
    As it appeared on February 1945 503rd heavy Panzer Abteilung was equipped only with a King Tiger.
    mechanic

Post by mechanic on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:45 pm

I have a good story.
    The most notable Nashorn ace was platoon commander of 1st company of sPzJagAbt 519, Junior Lieutenant Albert Ernst. He later commanded the 1st company of sPzJagAbt 512 (equipped with Jagdtigers). On December 23rd of 1943, he destroyed some 14 Soviet tanks in a single day using only 21 round of ammunition. The engagement took place near Vitebsk and Albert Ernst received a nickname "Tiger of Vitebsk". In December of 1943, Ernst destroyed total of 19 enemy tanks and on January 22nd of 1944, he was awarded the Knight’s Cross.
    Deviator
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Deviator on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Я чуў гэтую гісторыю,сам жыву ў Віцебску.Але ж у гульні няма Nashorn ?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Deviator wrote:Я чуў гэтую гісторыю,сам жыву ў Віцебску.Але ж у гульні няма Nashorn ?
    Не, Nashorn няма і наўрад ці будзе.
    Тут MaxFH хоча станцыю для цябе зрабіць гіганцкую айчынную, саме тую яку ты вельмі хацеў. Думаю десь так на пів-палігона будзе.
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t549p150-house-modelling#10821
    Наколькі мне вядома табе пажадана мати маленьку станцыю, якую я ўжо прыводзіў.

Maulbums

Post by Maulbums on Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 am

I am a huge fan of the Sd.Kfz 250 Halftrack. The small size and angles of the armor make it so attractive compared to the 251. It's easy to imagine them dashing ahead of the panzer formations through the wide open Russian steppe, the tip of the spear in the days of the blitzkrieg.

Now, I noticed there are 251 missions, but none for the 250. The 250 was primarily a reconnaissance vehicle. Would it be possible to design a mission not around direct engagement, but around reconnaissance? IE, you advance to within visual range of a target, a radio message is sent, and then you dart off as artillery bombardment hits the position? Along the way using your machine gun to deal with enemy infantry patrols or perhaps even a truck supply convoy?

I know this is first and foremost a tank simulator, and most people are interested in the heavy hitters like the Tiger I, but I am very interested in how the less 'glorious' units such as armored cars and recon halftracks were used in the war.

Also, while this is far more than a mission request, the SdKfz 250/9 would make such an idea even more viable perhaps, armed with a 20mm direct-fire autocannon.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Maulbums wrote:It's easy to imagine them dashing ahead of the panzer formations through the wide open Russian steppe, the tip of the spear in the days of the blitzkrieg.
    Something tells me that APC will move until it meet a Soviet ATR man, then mission over   Sad

The 250 was primarily a reconnaissance vehicle. Would it be possible to design a mission not around direct engagement, but around reconnaissance?
    It's possible. The more fun u'll get, if u switch off a waypoints and come along with a map only. There are a similar missions for the US APC M3 "Save General Frinikenko!" partI

OR a newly designed M3/75 "Outpost Desert sands"

OR APC SdKfz 232 "Gaitolovo, pull the rabbit out"

OR Puma' mission "Green devils"

OR SdKfz 251/1 mission "Cannon Hill"

IE, you advance to within visual range of a target, a radio message is sent, and then you dart off as artillery bombardment hits the position?
    OK, it's a reasonable task.

Along the way using your machine gun to deal with enemy infantry patrols or perhaps even a truck supply convoy?
    That's easy deal. But I need a basic story. IE what is the Panzer division number, front, year? If u don't want to be bothered with it, then I'll make out some. fantastic action  happy

Also, while this is far more than a mission request, the SdKfz 250/9 would make such an idea even more viable perhaps, armed with a 20mm direct-fire autocannon.
    According to me experience I've seen only one mission where SdKfz 250 presented as a candy and didn't has any effect on the gameplay. It is "Outcome" Pz.V/A Panther.

Maulbums

Post by Maulbums on Tue May 02, 2017 11:54 pm

lockie wrote:Something tells me that APC will move until it meet a Soviet ATR man, then mission over   Sad

Of course, it's definitely a 'romantic' imagination, not so much a realistic one!

That's easy deal. But I need a basic story. IE what is the Panzer division number, front, year? If u don't want to be bothered with it, then I'll make out some. fantastic action  happy

Well, in my mind it would be early in Barbarossa, when it could still be reasonably expected for a German recon company to be deep behind enemy lines. The unit specifics I'm not so concerned about. Obviously the Panzer divisions had the most of these units. Perhaps Army Group Center, some element of the XLVII Panzer Corps near Minsk? Maybe 2nd SS Das Reich preparing for drive to Moscow early in Typhoon?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri May 05, 2017 10:04 am

Maulbums wrote:Well, in my mind it would be early in Barbarossa, when it could still be reasonably expected for a German recon company to be deep behind enemy lines.
    The unit specifics I'm not so concerned about. Obviously the Panzer divisions had the most of these units.
    What abt. 6th Panzer division?

History note
    The 6th Panzer Division took part in attack towards Leningrad on 8th August 1941. Against heavy resistance the division fought its way through strong field fortifications. In hard fighting 6th Panzer took the Duderhof hill south-west of Leningrad on 9th September. The splendid buildings and harbour of Leningrad were in sight, but in the meantime Hitler had decided not to assault, but only to invest the city. The 6th Panzer Division was ordered to join the offensive against Moscow on the central front.

Initial situation
    It is September 9th, 1941 Leningrad area, Duderhof. 6th Panzer Division, 57th Recce Battalion.

Combat order
    Recce squad of the 57th Recce Battalion execute a reconnaissance mission in the area of Duderhof to meet with our artillery spotters groups and send a signal with coordinates of the targets. In case of the meeting with the enemy forces try to retreat, but if it's not possible then take a fight.

Your task
    You are  Unteroffizier d.R. Gottwalt Stier. There are two APC SdKfz.250 under your command. You have to:
    1. Meet with two groups of our artillery spotters and transmit the coordinates of the discovered enemy targets
    Special task: intercept the enemy supply column

Perhaps Army Group Center, some element of the XLVII Panzer Corps near Minsk? Maybe 2nd SS Das Reich preparing for drive to Moscow early in Typhoon?
    This scenario is possible also. I'd like to suggest u to play with two missions. Both has a recce tasks:
    1. Hurry up, Kubelwagen, GMP1.47, N10

2. Т-38: Tank-Scout, GMP1.47, N2
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 am

I've found one interesting story for the upcoming Churchill Mk.III with a handmade gun 75mm. The gun and mask were taken from Sherman. The total number of such rebuild Churchills were ~120.
    So, here we're:
    In April 1943, 21st Tank Brigade (consisting of 12th and 48th Battalions, Royal Tank Regiment and 145th (Duke of Wellington’s) Regiment, Royal Armoured Corps) joined the fight as part of the 4th Division. For the first time massed Churchill units were used in operations supporting infantry on the offensive. Actions at Cactus Farm and Sidi Abdallah, against dug in Fallschirmjäger and Tigers saw the loss of 36 Churchill tanks from 12th RTR.
    http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=295&art_id=3099

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:21 am

I've discovered that we don't have any missions for the tank Cromwell! This issue should be fixed! Do someone has any scenario/history where Cromwell will be involved into the battle? It should be 1944, Normandy, 7th Armoured Division, Great Britain.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:55 am

Didn't find any feats achieved by the Cromwell other than some limited successful action during the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944. I would suggest making  a fictitious attack in Normandy pitting Cromwells against dug-in Panzer IVs H or Stugs and some AT guns and infantry. The Mysharikva or Lipoviti maps don't look too bad and could make credible Normandy landscape type maps for such an action.

One thing they said and is that the Cromwells tended to be accompanied by Fireflies because their  guns were too weak a against heavy German tanks. That's a good opportunity to make an accompanying mission featuring the Firefly...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:58 am

frinik wrote:I would suggest making  a fictitious attack in Normandy pitting Cromwells against dug-in Panzer IVs H or Stugs and some AT guns and infantry.
    OK. I like this idea! We may organize a German counter-attack with Pz.IV/H.

The Mysharikva or Lipoviti maps don't look too bad and could make credible Normandy landscape type maps for such an action.
    Both maps were organized for the East Front and no houses neither flora doesn't suit to the Normandy. I'd prefer to use a polygon from the Campaign "Fury". There is a town surrounded with trenches. British attacks German defence, break it and capture positions, then prepare to repel the counter-attack.

One thing they said and is that the Cromwells tended to be accompanied by Fireflies
    It's possible. Let's say 9x Cromvell supported with 3x Firefly against 3x Pak40 and infantry supported with 6xPz.IV/H and 3x StuG III/G(Jagdpanzer?)
    Here's a map:

I'd like to present a short history story then then I'd be pleased, if u'll make the whole article based on this!popcorn  friends
    A draft name of the mission is A Lucky Case!

History note:
    It is December 1944, France. General Montgomery ordered the 7th Armoured Division to utilise a gap in the enemy front line to move towards a village called Tilly-La-Campagne as fast as possible and capture it! It was a key to the further offencive of the Allies forces - the way to the heart of the Nazi German a Berlin! This was what they were in France for, to liberate French towns and villages from Nazi occupation.
    All tank crews feels yourself great! They come to give a hand of help to the french ppl and mentally tanker were about to see the main village street and be greeted by the residents throwing flowers at them and passing bottles of wine! The commander of that battle group didn't suppose to see a strong resistance from the enemy. The lucky case was in his hands!

Briefing:
    Initial situation: 12th December, 1944. Armoured brigade of the 7th Armoured Division, area Tilly-La-Campagne, France.

Combat order:
    Advanced armored group of the of the 7th Armoured Division, 5th RTR(Royal Tank Regiment) under command of Major Roy Dickson has a task break into the enemy gap and moves towards Berlin.

Your Task:
    You are 2nd Lieutenant Dan Ranfurly. There are three tanks Cromvell and infantry platoon under your command.
    You have to:
    1. Attack the enemy positions and capture it!
    2. Be prepared to repel the enemy counter-attack

Callsigns:
    HQ is OAK
    Main group is WHALE
    Your platoon is HEDGEHOG

Reconnaissance:
    According to the recce data the enemy parts of the 2nd Panzer Division hold on to the positions near Tilly-La-Campagne village.

Artillery Support:
    No artillery support.

Air Support:
    Our aviation will cover armored group on the move and will attack an enemy positions near Tilly-La-Campagne village.

Commander of the 7th Armoured Division Major-General Lewis Lyne
    Commander of the 5th Royal Tank Regiment Major-General G M Lindsay

Last edited by lockie on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Ok I'll have to edit your text my Friend! Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm

frinik wrote:Ok I'll have to edit your text my Friend! Smile
    Great!  Cool
    In common case mission is ready, but it takes about 5 minutes, which is not enough. 

Scenario is a very simple: attack and capture, nothing more.

That's why I had to make out another task - find and eliminate an enemy artillery spotters before attack or they will call arty fire.
    There are three possible areas where the spotters are located. user should investigate them, find enemy scouts and eliminate them. After that, the main group will come to the initial position and a common attack will start.

Last edited by lockie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

johnf

Post by johnf on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 am

frinik wrote:Didn't find any feats achieved by the Cromwell other than some limited successful action during the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944. I would suggest making  a fictitious attack in Normandy pitting Cromwells against dug-in Panzer IVs H or Stugs and some AT guns and infantry. The Mysharikva or Lipoviti maps don't look too bad and could make credible Normandy landscape type maps for such an action.

One thing they said and is that the Cromwells tended to be accompanied by Fireflies because their  guns were too weak a against heavy German tanks. That's a good opportunity to make an accompanying mission featuring the Firefly...

There was limited Cromwell action at Villers Bocage where they first came up against panzers, so it may be possible to create some missions using the existing Villers Bocage map and missions but opposite side. Just a thought...

johnf

Post by johnf on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am

From "An Australian in Normandy 1944"

"....In his interview Coleman points out that the urban battlefield was not one the British 7th Armoured had trained for and as a result its men had to improvise and learn during the battle. The British Cromwell tanks were quicker than the German MK 6 Tiger 1 but under armed and armoured. After suffering from the initial shock of the German attack the British crews in their Cromwells used their speed to manoeuvre and fire at the vulnerable rear of the Tigers. By doing this they accounted for three Tigers and a MK 4".

https://www.awm.gov.au/articles/blog/australian-normandy-1944
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 am

johnf wrote:it may be possible to create some missions using the existing Villers Bocage map and missions but opposite side.  Just a thought...
    Are u ready to fight on Cromwell against Tiger? viking

johnf

Post by johnf on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am

lockie wrote:
    johnf wrote:it may be possible to create some missions using the existing Villers Bocage map and missions but opposite side.  Just a thought...
    Are u ready to fight on Cromwell against Tiger? viking

Well there is evidence that Cromwell crews managed to destroy 3 Tigers at Villers Bocage by out maneuvering them, so why not? It would be fun trying Rolling Eyes

johnf

Post by johnf on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 am

This is from Akhil Kadidal's excellent book "Tanks In the Hedgerows, The Battle for Villers Bocage Normandy, June 1944"....

".....But as all this was going on, a last Tiger remained on the main street,
    waiting patiently for the Cotton’s troop to emerge from cover. Bramall [Firefly] decided
    to give it a go through a shop window. He fired twice, damaging the Tiger’s
    gun mantlet. Alarmed, the Germans pulled back slightly and then attempted
    to race out of town. Determined to stop it, one of the Cromwells commanded
    by Corporal Horne pulled out of its position and blasted the monster square in
    the tail, blowing it up. The blazing hulk rolled for 30 yards before crashing into
    a building. A cheer of victory went up as a strange peace befell the streets. The
    Germans were retreating".
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am

johnf wrote:Well there is evidence that Cromwell crews managed to destroy 3 Tigers at Villers Bocage by out maneuvering them, so why not?  It would be fun trying Rolling Eyes
    OK, it's possible to create such mission. Could u post here more quotes from the Akhil Kadidal's book?

johnf

Post by johnf on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:44 am

lockie wrote:
    johnf wrote:Well there is evidence that Cromwell crews managed to destroy 3 Tigers at Villers Bocage by out maneuvering them, so why not?  It would be fun trying Rolling Eyes
    OK, it's possible to create such mission. Could u post here more quotes from the Akhil Kadidal's book?

Yes I will for sure, but in the meantime this is from the following website.
    http://www.panzeroperations.com/2014/09/the-battle-of-villers-bocage-pics.html

Villers-Bocage, the Second Attack
    19. The Germans were reinforced with Tigers of 1st Company, schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 101, and PzKpfw IVs from Panzer-Lehr-Division. British tanks and tank-hunting infantry teams knocked out a number of them. The two tanks seen in the photograph were knocked out in the town’s center by Lieutenant Cotton’s troop (B Squadron).

johnf

Post by johnf on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am

A few more quotes from Akhil Kadidal's book "Tanks In The Hedgerows"

“....back in Villers-Bocage, Major Aird had ordered Lt. William “Bill” Cotton, MM of the 4th Troop to break through to Cranley. Cotton, a popular, seasoned officer was skeptical that anything could be achieved, but he took his troop of four tanks (including one Firefly and one CS Cromwell) through the town only to stop at a steep railway embankment near the train station. Deciding that it was pointless to carry on, they returned to the Maire, a square with a World War I memorial, and set up an ambush to catch any Tigers that returned. The 1/7th Queen’s Regiment had started to arrive at this point and a single Six-Pounder from this unit set up their gun in the alleyway, near Cotton’s tanks, at a point-blank enfilading position...

.....Back at Panzer Lehr headquarters, Kauffman ordered Captain Helmut Ritgen of the Panzer Lehr to assemble a force of armor and infantry to go back to Villers-Bocage and plug the northern exit.

Ritgen managed to scrape together a force of fifteen Panzer IVs (mostly from the 6th Company, 2nd Battalion, 130th Regiment) and collected ten more tanks from a workshop south of the N175 highway, before trundling off for the town square. All together, he had nine Tigers available for the counter-attack. In addition, fourteen 14 Panzer IVs from 2nd Battalion of the 130 Panzer Lehr Regiment joined in and at least a dozen took part in the attack.

....Two of the leading Panzer IV’s rumbled over the southern train crossroad and were speeding forward towards the town when they were hit by anti-tank guns and destroyed.

...But as they reached the town square, the first prong ran into Lt. Cotton’s ambush. The British let the first Tiger (commanded by SS Lt. Philipsen) to pass, but the following tanks took the full brunt of the ambush. The Firefly, commanded Sergeant Bramall, fired at a passing Tiger, and missed, hitting a building across the street. But his second shot was dead-on tearing into the Tiger’s flanks to set it ablaze. Its commander, Sergeant Heinrich Ernst was killed.

Seconds later, Philipsen’s Tiger fell. It had ranged so far down the Rue Pasteur that it became an isolated target. Hit multiple times by PIATs and anti-tank shells, the Tiger brewed up in flames.

Möbius later declared that he was forced to withdraw after losing three tanks to close range weapons. In reality, the British had knocked-out six Tigers and two Mark IVs within the town (not counting four Panzer IV’s destroyed on the outskirts).

“Sepp” Dietrich was determined to finish off the British and organized a mixed bag of two 88mm self-propelled guns, three field artillery cannons and infantry to infiltrate the town and recapture it in bloody street-by-street fighting"

johnf

New Mission /s Request - The Fight for Singling

Post by johnf on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:18 am

Gentlemen, this is an interesting battle that could create some ideas for new SF missions. It is set during Dec 1944 in the Saar Basin as the allies reached the German frontier.  It involves armoured and infantry elements under Colonel Creighton Abrams command.  Abrams was in the 4th Armoured Division under General Patton.  If you're not aware, this is the US commander they named the famous M1 Abrams battle tank developed during the 1970's and in use today.  Abrams also served as a General during the Vietnam War.  He was notably the best US tank commander of WW2, according to General Patton.

“Where Col. Abrams is, that spot is likely
    to be the farthest point of US armored
    penetration into Germany” Life magazine

I think all the information needed is in the following articles (Maps, order of battle, etc).

http://www.panzeroperations.com/2014/05/task-force-abrams-attacks-fortified.html#more
    http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/the-fight-for-singling/

It's possible several Allied missions could be created.  One would be the initial attack on the fortress town of Singling by Team B (Companies B of the 37th Tank Battalion and the 51st Armored Infantry Battalion), and second could be the relief mission to rescue Team B after the German counter-attack.  Of course, there are also missions that could be created from the German side.

Last edited by johnf on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm

johnf wrote:Gentlemen, this is an interesting battle that could create some ideas for new SF missions.
    That's a very cool and interesting stuff! I think we may create a mini-campaign devoted to Sherman tank. The common name of the campaign could be kinda "Abram's squad" or "Abram's Memories".
    First mission will be a frontal attack on the German trenched infantry with AT guns. German will start a tank counter-attack. US side must destroy enemy tanks and break his defence, then move forward and close the encirclement of the the town Sarreguemine.

histoty note:

After four months and a 600-mile advance from the beaches of Normandy into Brittany and then through eastern France, the spearhead of Lt. Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.’s U.S. Third Army, the 4th Armored Division, closed on the western boundary of the Third Reich. The final drive for the German frontier had begun on November 10, 1944, from the 4th Armored staging area east of the French city of Nancy.

briefing:

Initial Situation:  
    It is 5th December 1944, France, area of the city Sarreguemine. US Third Army, 4th Armored
    Division, 37th Tank Battalion.  

Combat order:
    The city of Sarreguemines has assigned to the German XII Corps. Our 35th Infantry Division
    has to execute a frontal attack on the enemy positions, while the 4th Armored Division has to maneuver around the city and capture the high ground north of Rohrbach, thus cutting off  Sarreguemines from the east. Don't come into the town arreguemines! The task is to encircle it.
    The main effort would be made by Task Force (TF) Colonel Creighton Abrams.  

Your Task:
    You are Second Lieutenant James Dougherty. There are three tanks M4A1/76 "Sherman" infantry platoon under your command.
    Your platoon acts as a main group of the common attack. You have to:
    1. Attack the enemy positions near town Sarreguemines and capture it!
    2. Move to the north and finish the encirclement of the town  

Callsigns:
    HQ is OAK
    Common battle group is ALPHA
    Your platoon is HEDGEHOG  

Reconnaissance:
    According to the recce data there are parts of the XII Corps located in the area of the town Sarreguemines. Enemy has tanks Pz.IV equipped with a 75mm gun and "Panthers".  

Artillery Support:
    Fire missions will be launched against an enemy units in the area of Sarreguemines town.  

Air Support:
    No air support.  

The Commander of the 4th Armored Division  Colonel Creighton Abrams
    The Commander of the Third Army General-Lieutenant  George S. Patton

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 am