Re: Місії на заказ/Mission request

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:53 am

PC really doesn't like u! What a Face
    OK, for my insurance I need to have a look at er file content:
    Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\MODS\JSGME.ini
    it should look like this:
    [DEPENDANCIES]
    SSM 2.2="u1_NovUpd_2015""u02f_DecUpd_2015"
    STA 2.0="v04_Hardcore_target_v1.2""u1_NovUpd_2015""v08_Compass_clock""Weather_Scorching_summer_1.3_STA""u02f_DecUpd_2015"
    u1_NovUpd_2015="v08_Compass_clock""u02f_DecUpd_2015"
    [MODS]
    v02_Free Camera Mod=1
    SSM 2.2=2
    v05_No_default_music_v.1.2=3
    STA 2.0=4
    STA_GMP_1.46=5
    STA_GMP_2.37=6
    STA_GMP_3.32=7
    v04_Hardcore_target_v1.2=8
    u1_NovUpd_2015=9
    v08_Compass_clock=10
    Weather_Scorching_summer_1.3_STA=11
    u02f_DecUpd_2015=12

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:45 pm

OK, here it is:

[DEPENDANCIES]
    STA 2.0="STA_GMP_1.45""STA_GMP_2.37""STA_GMP_3.32""u1_NovUpd_2015""u02d_DecUpd_2015""v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015"
    STA_GMP_1.45="u1_NovUpd_2015"
    u1_NovUpd_2015="u02d_DecUpd_2015"
    [MODS]
    Steel Sound Mod (STA) 2.2=1
    STA 2.0=2
    STA_GMP_1.45=3
    STA_GMP_2.37=4
    STA_GMP_3.32=5
    u1_NovUpd_2015=6
    u02d_DecUpd_2015=7
    v09_fix_widscreen_v1.04_SepUpd_2015=8

Interesting how I don't have SSM 2.2 listed as having dependencies...

I really hope this helps.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:16 pm

SGT J wrote:
    u02d_DecUpd_2015=7
    Installation seems OK, but u've to update u02d_DecUpd_2015->u02f_DecUpd_2015

1. Steel Sound Mod 2.2 (SSM)
    2. STA 2.0
    3. GMP1.x (must)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (optional)
    6. u1_NovUpd_2015    4shared.com/rar/S3nGW6vtba/u1_NovUpd_2015.html
    7. u02f_DecUpd_2015   4shared.com/rar/3tDmO8qXce/u02f_DecUpd_2015.html

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Stupid question. likely.

Where do I keep watch to know what the latest updates are?  I've found updates listed in a number of different places, but not on one page that is continually being updated.  I must have missed it.

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:55 pm

The Hedgerows scenario now works, although still no engine sounds or voices for the US tank.  

The scenario looks really nice, thanks.  I can't say more as I stopped to write this and haven't finished it yet.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:21 pm

SGT J wrote:Where do I keep watch to know what the latest updates are?
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t610-sta2-0-testing

SGT J wrote:The Hedgerows scenario now works
    Glad to hear that!  bounce  

although still no engine sounds or voices for the US tank.
    That's getting really interesting Smile
    Check out the presence of the next files:
    data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\snd_list_usa.engcfg
    data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\snd_list1_usa.engcfg
    data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\snd_list2_usa.engcfg

The scenario looks really nice, thanks.  I can't say more as I stopped to write this and haven't finished it yet.
    Could u enclose a couple screens from the mission and write some words how did u complete it? And what the balance did u play?

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Yes, I have the files.

As for screenshots, I don't typically take them, so I don't have any to share right now.  I left the balance as I think it was for default, Allies - 2, Enemies - 2, Balance -5.

I usually play as the gunner, although not very well.  When I played as the commander, the gunner didn't seem to shoot at what I wanted, although I might have left the Follow Orders off.
    Many times when I send my tank along the route I think is best I miss triggering something important... for instance the Erich Diary... I sent my tanks to the hill overlooking the town in order to defend both and to have a more oblique field of fire.  The problem was that the scenario was waiting for me to show up in the town before the Soviet troops would attack.  That explains why nothing was happening.  After I let the tank go it's own way by hitting 8, then everything worked pretty well.  The only problem I have hitting the 8 is that the tank sometime meanders all over the battlefield, making turns for no reason and the turning around and going back the way it came before turning back around and heading, like a drunk, towards where its supposed to go.  The good thing about that for me is that the rest of the tanks get to ferret out the hidden tanks and AT guns before I get there. Laughing

I hit 8 for this mission and (probably because all the settings were so low and because the tank went for a short tour of the battlefield) I only briefly saw one armored car (which I did't even get a shot at), an AT gun, and 2 tanks.  I got hits on all, but didn't destroy a single one.  Someone else got all the killing shots.  I also shot up  a motorcycle and a fuel truck with my coaxial MG.  When I looked at statistics afterward, there were several other tanks and AT guns I never saw but others in my platoon did, as they were all knocked out.  Maybe if I can get the tank to drive a more direct route then I'll meet up with them instead.

Overall, I liked it and I look forward to playing it again... and I can be sure to post some screenshots.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:37 pm

SGT J wrote:
    Yes, I have the files.
    Then u didn't install properly SSM. I don't have other explanations. Create a new topic: No sound engine in USA tanks.
    Then we try to resolve this issue.

As for screenshots, I don't typically take them, so I don't have any to share right now.
    It's easy. Press F12, then have a look: ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\users\scrshots
    I left the balance as I think it was for default, Allies - 2, Enemies - 2, Balance -5.
    Try balance 9 Wink And give to enemy more experience "4".

I usually play as the gunner, although not very well.  When I played as the commander, the gunner didn't seem to shoot at what I wanted, although I might have left the Follow Orders off.
    Commander implemented ion SF in a very bad manner Sad
    U may play only in SPG where turret is absent.

Many times when I send my tank along the route I think is best I miss triggering something important... for instance the Erich Diary... I sent my tanks to the hill overlooking the town in order to defend both and to have a more oblique field of fire.  The problem was that the scenario was waiting for me to show up in the town before the Soviet troops would attack. That explains why nothing was happening.
    If u've a feeling that mission could be improved then mission-maker(me) had a satisfaction  farao
    I try to force user to improve/change mission, thus SF Community we'll get more new scenarios Wink

The only problem I have hitting the 8 is that the tank sometime meanders all over the battlefield, making turns for no reason and the turning around and going back
    AI is not a perfect Smile I'm pretty sure this stupid AI behavior has all games from Graviteam. For some reasons, tank can't go straight ahead. Although, it was promised to be fixed in Fall blau.

The good thing about that for me is that the rest of the tanks get to ferret out the hidden tanks and AT guns before I get there. Laughing
    AI is spotting the targets in a very unrealistic way. In fact, AI is full automated locator/radar, which constantly scans the area around the tank.
    Human doesn't do it in such manner. He may occasionally have a look on the right/left and that's all.

Overall, I liked it and I look forward to playing it again...
    Don't forget, mission could be improved Wink

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Yes, the mission could be improved.  As could anything in life. Smile 

One thing that struck me was that the hedgerows don't seem to resist the tank and make the nose rise up, like when coming back up out of a shell crater.  From the little I've read about the fighting in the bocage, the hedgerows were surprisingly resistant to just being driven through, partly because they were centuries old and very dense.  That was why the US came up with the smell "blade" to chop the hedgerows.  A number of tanks were knocked out early on because the front end rode up and they got a shell through the thinner bottom hull.

Another thing I noticed was that there weren't any AT guns positioned to catch tanks by surprise as they broke through the hedgerows, especially if the front end rose up and the tank crew wouldn't be able to see well until the front came crashing back down.  It would be one of the places I would think about if I had to defend in hedgerow country.

One thing I "liked" was how the 75mm medium velocity gun failed to destroy a Panther with 4 or 5 shots at about 500-600 meters with an oblique shot.  I thought that was pretty realistic after what I had read about how Shermans with the 75 were terribly outclassed by the Panthers. 

I'll change the balance and have another go at it soon with more thought as to how to make it better.  

I'll also need some instruction as to how to add screenshots.

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 pm

I replayed the mission with the settings you suggested... and it didn't go so well for me.  

As expected, I saw many more adversaries.  I killed the armored car, 

but not before he destroyed my transmission because I was busy engaging an AT gun.

Then a Panther popped up.  I hit him several times but he just drove away like I was a mosquito that was bothering him...

...and since I couldn't go anywhere I sat and tried to engage targets while they pelted me from afar until they wounded me.

Something I found interesting was a case of Red on Red , Blue on Blue, Friendly Fire, whatever we would call it here:

Overall a very good scenario.  Very challenging with my meager skills combined with the higher settings.  Thanks.  I'll go through it a few more times to see what we can do to make it even better.
    weit

Post by weit on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 am

Its just a thought ...though maybe it would be interesting to play same missions but on the other side? For example all Weapon of Victory t34 85 missions on german side ...ect...
    What do YOU think?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:41 pm

weit wrote:maybe it would be interesting to play same missions but on the other side? For example all Weapon of Victory t34 85 missions on german side ... What do YOU think?
    Of course, it's interesting to play for the other side. The question is - if we play for the other side who will be the hero and what the main idea is? For this Campaign "Weapon of Victory" the main hero is T-34/85.
    I mean, I prefer to see smth. new than already presented missions.
    We may take i.e. a new Campaign for Otto Carius. He started on Pz.38(t) then promoted to Tiger and finished with Jagdtiger. I think it's more interesting than re-design already made Campaign.
    weit

Post by weit on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Agreed of course (it was just a thought Smile)
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:06 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:32 am

Happy New Year!

I'm an even worse gunner than I gave myself credit for.  After several tries I finally was able to complete the Hedgerows mission with the recommended settings:

Unfortunately, I had to concentrate on SA so I didn't take any screenshots until the end.

A very nice scenario and certainly enough variety that it is re-playable.

Well done, Lockie.

Lord Haw-Haw
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Lord Haw-Haw on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Nice SGT J, got a Panther with a "75" Sherman! ...could be kinda scary.
    Do you recall range the and situation?

SGT J

Post by SGT J on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Lord Haw-Haw.

Thanks for the compliment.  I was lucky (obviously)!

It was an oblique shot from about 400 - 500 meters with him traveling from my left to right.  

The two things that saved me were:
    1. He was distracted by closer units and spent his time shooting at them (and blaming my hits on them)
    2. I didn't realize it was a Panther.  I just kept shooting.  I hit him 3 or 4 times aiming to get the lower "tub" behind the tracks until one shot finally got his ammunition and ended it.  If I had realized it was a Panther I might have panicked and attracted his attention--to my detriment.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:58 pm

SGT J, u've been really lucky to hit the Panther Smile
    Because Sherman's gun is almost useless against this Cat affraid

Lord Haw-Haw
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Lord Haw-Haw on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 pm

SGT J wrote:Lord Haw-Haw.

Thanks for the compliment.  I was lucky (obviously)!

It was an oblique shot from about 400 - 500 meters with him traveling from my left to right.  

The two things that saved me were:
    1. He was distracted by closer units and spent his time shooting at them (and blaming my hits on them)
    2. I didn't realize it was a Panther.  I just kept shooting.  I hit him 3 or 4 times aiming to get the lower "tub" behind the tracks until one shot finally got his ammunition and ended it.  If I had realized it was a Panther I might have panicked and attracted his attention--to my detriment.

Sounds like a real WW2 after action report, nice!
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:13 am

How about replacing the Panzer IV with the new Panzer IIIL? It would be a great way to get the best from a new tank version, one that fills a gap in the SF-STA German armoury. The Ausf L would be perfect for this period, the swansong of the Panzer III as a principal gun tank of the Panzerwaffe.

Better still, if there is a version of the Ausf L in dark yellow and with turret or hull side schurzen skirts - perfect for the period, though dark grey and spaced armour without the schurzen is also good enough.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:56 am

That's a good idea!
    weit

Post by weit on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:41 pm

stock missions are the total shit
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

test-test123465

Post by kapulA on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm

I hope you mean that in a good way Razz
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Here's a request to make the mission on the base of the new "fire-thrower" effect. The mani hero will be tank Mk.IV "Crocodile" with a firethrower. Activity 3rd November 1942, North Africa, near Tel el Aqqaqir, 1st Armoured Division.

It is a small village "Rahman" on the way to Tel el Aqqaqir.
    There are the next units under user' command:
    - 1x Crocodile
    - 2x Churchill
    - infantry platoon
    In short, user attack, destroy the village defence, occupy the village and repel the enemy counter-attack.

PS
    Well, to say the truth it should be Mk.VII, but we don't have it, then let's use what we've at hand Smile  geek

PPS
    Good news! I've found model Churchill equipped with 75mm gun!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Heres a history note:
    note:

By 1942 the battle for North Africa had become pivotal to what was by then a truly global conflict,
    with hundreds of thousands of men from at least 10 nations fighting on one of the most inhospitable
    battlefields on Earth, culminating in the Battle of El Alamein. British X Corps makes a substantial
    gain in capturing Tel el Aqqaqir, running straight through the beleagured Axis lines, effectively
    ending the Battle of El Alamain in favor of the Allies. The victory is a major one for the Germans
    are in full retreat throughout North Africa. The action officially ends all Axis presence on the
    continent.\n
    It was a triumph that marked, in British Prime Minister Winston Churchill's famous words,
    'the end of the beginning'.;
    Here's a briefing:
    briefing:

\tInitial situation:\n
    North Africa, 1942, October 23rd, 1st Armored Division, 6th Armored Infantry Regiment.\n
    With forces refreshed, Rommel enacted a "first-strike" mentality and attacked the Allied lines near
    El Alamein in an effort to take some strategic high ground behind the defensive perimeter. The assault
    was again repelled and Rommel was forced into a defensive position at village Rahman near Tel el Aqqaqir
    - the starting point of his offensive.\n
    British General Bernard Montgomery was organized the "Operation Lightfoot", where the one of the point was -
    capturing the stronghold positions at the village Rahman. The direct road to El Alamein goes through this village.\n\n

\tCombat order:\n
    6th Armored Infantry Regiment reinforced with a three heavy tank Mk.IV "Churchill", where one of them was newly made a secret
    weapon with a nickname "Crocodile". This tank was equipped with a flame-trower device and should be ann effective weapon against
    the enemy stronghold points. The coomon task is attack the village "Rahman", breakthrough the enemy defence and
    capture the village. There are three groups which take part in attack:
    - infantry platoon under command Platoon Sergeant Finnis D. McCleery\n
    - three M3 Stuart "Honey" tanks with infantry under command Lieutenant Daniel E. Smith\n
    - three tanks Mk.IV "Churchill" with infantry under your command\n\n

\tYour Task:\n
    You are 2nd Lt. Richard B. Garnett, there are three tank Mk.IV "Churchill" and infantry platoon under your command.\n
    Your task - together with an infantry and tanks attack and capture the village "Rahman". Take up defensive positions
    and be prepared to repel German counterattacks with a tanks.\n

\tCallsigns:\n
    HQ is HAMSTER\n
    Infantry platoon is WIND\n
    M3 Stuart tanks platoon is RABBIT\n
    Your platoon is ELEPHANT\n\n

\tReconnaissance:\n
    According to the recce squad data there are parts of the 15th Panzer Division located near the village
    "Rahman".\n\n

Commander of the 1st Armored Division Major General Orlando Ward\n
    Commander of the 6th Armored Infantry Regiment Major Frank K. Britton\n\n;
    There are some screens:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 am