January 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Rising Strom Red Orchestra2

gunnyhighway

Re: Rising Strom Red Orchestra2

Post by gunnyhighway on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 am

Tanker wrote:Why would you have to dial in the distance and the range?  Isn't that doing the same thing twice over?  Distance is range.
    Then distance is not range then!

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:24 pm

I think in some cases the two terms are interchangeable.  Certainly when you set the range scale on the sight to the distance you've estimated, then range equals distance.  At that point the mathematical value of distance is the same as mathematical value of range.  

But you are correct.  They are two different concepts.  

I was just confused by your original statement (below in colored text) that you added distance + range.  

Not only you need to dial the distance, but you also need to add the range!

In the 10th picture, starting counting on the first top left as the #1 (if you can blow it up), you will see a message on the top right hand side of the screen that GHWY killed  a PZIV at such distance. Then check the reticle on the same pic, that distance is dialed in + range.

I could not see how you would arrive at that since range and distance are complimentary, not additive.  Range and distance are never added.

gunnyhighway

Post by gunnyhighway on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

I write sometimes as I speak.

Many times do I raise my voice at my partner driving a T-34 (I am the TC), and after giving the info  for him to calculate the distance and range, I ask him "Gimme the range dam'it" as I am in a hurry. Yeah, "dam'it" is not his callsign!

What I am really asking is the range adjustment.

So, when I talk range to people who have been in the Tank sim for 20 years and as they do with me, we re-establish automatically in our minds, in the flow of the conversation, what is what.

It becomes a bad habit to yell in a microphone compressed info, when that spills into your posting habits. I agree!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 pm