» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by PanzerLion Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

» Question on music choice for American missions
by woofiedog Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm

» Attack Attack Atttack!
by woofiedog Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm

» Остови техніки/wrecked techniks
by will73 Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am

» Missions by Deviator (Місії ад Девіатора)
by AndyF Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 pm

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Breake on through (M-26 `Pershing`)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Mission: Breake on through (M-26 `Pershing`)

Post by lockie on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:51 am

This is draft name of the mission.
    As soon as will73 finish with M-26 redesign, there will be a new mission devoted to the redesigned tank M-26. I'd be pleased if Mr. Frinik will take part in the new scenario. The polygon will be "nta_town_battle" (where house modules located). Here's short description:
    American troops (forward parts of the 9th Armored Division) occupied small German town Esserden, but German (parts of tank Division "Wiking") organized a counter attack.

The history:
    April 1945, Western Germany. The Allied forces in the west are closing in on the last bastions of German organized resistance. The US 9th Armored is facing remnants of the 6th SS Mountain Division Nord whose men are determined to keep their Oath to the "Fuehrer". But Captain Mark Thompson, commander of the 18th battalion of the 9th Armored is determined to wipe out any hint of German resistance. He and his men are tired of the war and tired of a continent in ruins and just yearn to go home. For that he is relying on his best tanker, Sargent Harry "Dirty" Callahan, whose nickname comes from the fact that he all covered in black grease from tinkering with his beloved tank. Harry is an outstanding tanker with 12 German tank kills to his credit and a piss-vinegar temper to match. They are now equipped with the "Pershing" M-26 the latest American heavy tank armed with a high velocity 90mm gun who can talk back to the Germans' big cats. Spencer is aware that the Germans are determined to take Esserden and disrupt both the American lines and the last effort to push towards the South. They are rumoured to have some Tiger tanks, probably the latest model II. Joined by Callahan he looks grimly at the countryside outside the town in ruins awaiting the unmistakable rumble of the engines and the clang of German heavy armour behind his own steel colossus.

That's a draft ratio of the sides. There will be:
    GER:
    1. 3xKing Tiger (+3x additional ones on the higher balance)
    2. 3xAPC 251/10
    3. 2xAPC 251/9 (75mm gun)
    4. Infantry platoon

USA:
    1. 3xM-26
    2. 3x6pdr ATG
    3. 2x17pdr ATG (new) (Replaced on M5 ATG 04.02.2015)
    4. 2xInfantry platoon
    5. 2xJeep

I'd like to suggest the name of main hero: Lieutenant Harry "Dirty" Callahan. He will be commander of attacking tank group. There will be three group: left, right, center. Each has 3xM-26, thus under user's command there will be three tanks.  And there will be Commander of the town defence Captain Mark Spencer.

The mission goal: protect the town.
    Mission will be finished successful, if user will get total 2x superiority. Mission failed, if German units will break defence and get 2x superiority in the "Protected area" during 3 minutes.
    I'd add aviation to the American side, but don't have any American attack planes.

Last edited by lockie on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:29 am; edited 13 times in total
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Breake on through (M-26 `Pershing`)

Post by kapulA on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 pm

Humm, I assume there is no US 76mm M5 AT gun in the game yet? I'm not sure if the 17pdr was used by the US Army silent

And yeah, Thunderbolts or Mustangs would be a great addition to the game, seeing as how often they were used in NW Europe during '44 and '45...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:47 pm

kapulA wrote:Humm, I assume there is no US 76mm M5 AT gun in the game yet?
    Unnfortunately, no. I'd say there is not much interest in GERvsUSA. More interest is GERvsGBR or default GERvsUSSR.

I'm not sure if the 17pdr was used by the US Army silent
    I think, u're right. But when American troops captured Esserden, there were 3x17pdr guns, which were captured by German from GBR.
    One gun was damaged, thus in mission there will be available only two. If u don't believe then u may ask Frinik. I'm making only true missions based on the real stories Wink
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:29 am

Actually I think people would be very interested on Americans vs Germans missions. I personally feel
    that way except for desert missions which are definitely Germans vs Britons.

Lockie is telling the truth. All his missions are entirely historical! If I may tell the story? After the Ukraine became independent in 1991, the archives and offices of the Soviet KGB in Kiev and Lvov and other Ukrainian cities were ransacked and looted by Ukrainian patriots. Amongst the documents that were discovered were original and copies of classified Soviet WW2 archives from the NKVD and GRU. They were recounts of WW2 battles mostly on the Eastern Front but also some from the Western Front based on Soviet intelligence taken from Allies sources.

Lockie has had the fortune to have access to these previously secret documents and has been using them to create all these fabulous SF missions which are entirely historical and based on true events...Lockie has been sharing them with me on a need-to-know basis... I am cautious so I am not asking too many questions. One is never too careful... What a Face What a Face What a Face
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:16 pm

There are some screenshots:
    Armour of M-26 is quite good. Under some conditions a frontal part has a good resistance to 88mm gun.

Trophy:

Attack through optic device:
    yl9961027
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by yl9961027 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:30 pm

That's good! But where is the download link? Laughing
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Draft version already prepared. I'll try to upload it soon, but at this moment I'm not ready to do smth., because of the Russian aggression against my country.
    Also, I want to equip USA troops with M5 AT gun. Suppose, will73 find the time to adjust the model, which u sent me.

There are some screenshots:

PS
    M5 AT gun is almost ready. There will be two versions: early and late.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:18 am

Finally, mission has been finished. Thanks to all who were involved into it. Special thank to: Frinik and Tanker.
    This mission based on the January Update 2015, which is delayed. So, this mission will be kinda final test for this Update.
    Installation order:
    1. Steel Sound Mod 1.0 (SSM)
    2. STA 1.0
    3. GMP1.x (optional)
    4. GMP2.x (optional)
    5. GMP3.x (MUST)
    6. NovUpd_2014
    7. Weather Mod "Early Spring" (recommended)
    8. 06_JunUpd_2015 w ww.4shared.com/rar/bd68tp9Kce/06_JanUpd_2015.html
    9. 01_breakon_m26 w ww.4shared.com/rar/DDiWmMktce/01_breakon_pershing.html

Later I'll include this mission into GMP3.2, coz pack has already prepared polygon. Mission is quite simple and straight. First move to the defence position then repel attack.
    A couple advices:
    1. Don't try to keep with u wingmen. In the town it's almost impossible.
    2. Start from the balance "4", then go to the "6". Allies "4", enemy "2" experience.

PS
    And there will be another mission on the same polygon: Magnum Force (Pz.IV H)

Last edited by lockie on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total

dukling

Post by dukling on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:15 am

ear Mr. lokkie, instead of the January update you inserted again with the mission m26. Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:26 am

Fixed, JanUpd_2015 re-uploaded. It was a joke from 4share.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:33 am