Latest topics

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by Zedd_Zol Today at 3:10 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Today at 2:50 pm

» Легкий танк Pz-38(t)
by will73 Today at 1:37 pm

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 7:37 am

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 5:49 am

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 pm

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hello everyone

Panzerfaust

Hello everyone

Post by Panzerfaust on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:33 am

Hi guys long time no see (talk too  Smile ). My apologies for not making it over here sooner but RL really restricted my free time to participate in forums and playing simulations. Shoot I just found out about this forum after a visit to Gravi's forum about a week ago, was wondering were all my old comrades went too? Anyway nice digs you got here lockie hope you don't mind if I take off my coat, kick off my shoes and stay awhile.
    Cheers
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Hello everyone

Post by frinik on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:07 am

Welcome Panzerfaust! Long time no hear! Real Life???You mean to say you bother with real life????Isn't gaming everything to you?

We are al;l huddled around the fire, take a mug, fill it up and tell us what you have been up to. Smile

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:21 am

Lucky you heard about this campfire. Old Krabby does his best to keep any mention of it off the gravi boards. Wink
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:56 am

Hi, Panzerfaust!
    Glad to see u! I may say - u came to the right place! cheers
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Speaking of Krabby, I just posted on the old forum that Lockie says hello! Wink

Another one slated for removal....

Don't know why but Krabb reminds me of Mistwalker; another prissy, humourless Ruskie.....

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm

People never learn.  Censorship always brings notoriety and resistance.
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:47 am

Well guys not much to write home about lol. I left my old job (I worked there 14 years) last February and took a new job as a supervisor for a cleaning company, WOW what a fiasco lol. I spent more time at work then at home let alone the things I really enjoyed like SFK42, SABOW and of course getting to chat with my bud's from time to time. Don't get me wrong moneys a great thing but it definitely isn't the only thing that's for sure. Anyways about a month ago the company I use to work for basically came back to me on bended knee begging for me too return. I'm not much on ego's and tooting my own horn but I would be lying if I said it didn't feel good Twisted Evil So I'm back at my old job with a new title and mo' money. I guess the old saying is true "every dog has their day" Very Happy

Ah let's see...oh I got a new rig Very Happy  It was a Christmas present from my son's. It's an Alienware x51 R2 and I'm really liking it. I have had small form factor PC's in the past but really didn't care for them since they were always somewhat lacking power and upgradability, not so with this little beasty. She's got an Intel i7 4790 (3.60 ghz with a turbo up to 4.00 ghz) under the bonnet with 16gb DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 270 2MB, Blue Ray/DVD, Bluetooth, 1TB HD with a 260gb SSD all in the size of an xbox 360. Heck I did some checking and there are guys shoe horning NVidia GTX 800/900 cards into these rigs Laughing  

Now that I'm finally caught back-up on RL things and the holidays are past I really wanted to reconnect with some of my ol' thread head friends (yeah I missed you guy's) and see what I have been missing. So like I said took a pop over to the Gravi forums and I was shocked, gone were a lot of tutorials, mission's etc but what really bothered me was how dead the place was (like graveyard dead). I mean it wasn't unusual to see no new post for a day or two at Gravi's forum when I stopped checking/posting about 10 months ago, but when I popped back in I noticed it was like weeks between new posts I was like what the hell happened here? Then I really noticed that the most prolific SFK42 posters were not posting much (frinik) and one had not posted for months (lockie) so I started to do some digging (yeah I had to dig a little there and at SimHq to get the pieces to the puzzle). I was a lot worried at first about lockie since I knew he lived in the Ukraine but to my relief I seen all was well, found out where you guys went and here I am Smile

And I did see that rebuff frinik got from krabb, that was kinda FU. I mean all the guy asked was were he could get some information on mods for SFK42. Frinik suggested the person come here and ask and that made perfect sense, I mean this is the home of STA right? And I would think someone new to SFK42 would want the most up to date mods for SFK42 like STA and not the older SPM mods. I mean really what the heck can krabb tell him about STA?
    Cheers

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:12 am

It's all very political. A by product of the situation between Russia and Ukraine.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:29 am

Yeah that's why I rubbed it in and sent Lockie's greetings to him. I almost added Long Live a Free Ukraine but then I thought that would be pure provocation and likely to get me banned permanently .Since I still post occasionally and talk to Kyth ( he is like a lonely ghost there) I decided to wisely not go that way! Still I'll post every day on the same thread so Krabb has to come over and remove my post...I am going to rib that sourpuss, commie-minded smurf!!! Wink

Anyway Panzerfaust it's good to have you over and hear nothing but good news about you!!!

Yeah.So tell us with your new rig how does Steel Fury play? Especially the infantry heavy missions?

What other games do you play with it?

Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Ah I see Tanker, I definitely sympathize with lockie because in that same vein while I love my British cousins I'd don't think I'd be too happy if they decided to start reclaiming the 13 colonies or France decided they wanted the land back from the Louisiana Purchase or Russia decided they wanted Alaska back...oh wait a minute scratch that as I heard they do want Alaska back  Rolling Eyes

Well frinik I can't quite give that assessment with the new rig yet as per SFK42, first some back story. Right about when I dropped out I think STA was just starting because I still was running SFK42 with the SPM UU mod with lockies NTA mods and mission packs. Now fast forward (or reverse?) to December 22nd when my new rig arrived. I was so excited (as was my son because he was getting my old i7 rig) I formatted the HD on my old rig to get it prepared for him. Stupid me didn't check first to see what mods I had saved on DVDR's before I formatted the disk. Besides the ton's of mods I lost for other games I was left with hardly anything for SFK42. So right now my SFK42 is only modded with SPM UU, NTA 1.3, Steel Sound Mod and Winter Beta III, everything else is gone. Now that you mention it frinik there was one mission you sent me long ago that I used frequently as a benchmark for any upgrades I made to my old rig. I don't know if you remember it but I always referred to it as Armor Armageddon or Armored Slobberknocker (since you didn't title your missions back then), to me that mission was akin to the Black Death track from Il-2 1946 Very Happy But alas it's gone into the ether also Sad

Well one nice thing about having extra cash but no time to spend it on the honeys or vacations I did buy a good amount of games or DLC's, although I'm only now getting time to play them. I managed to fill out several planes and maps that I was missing for ROF. Got just about everything purchased for DCS World (still need to get the Bf-109 K4 and Mil8). Purchased Wings over Flanders Fields and the new upgrade for it. Assetro Corsa mostly because it had the Lotus 43 in it (I'll buy any racing game that has cars from the Golden Age of F1 in it) Several zombie games (I love the zombie games lol) and a couple games I don't know how to classify like South Park the Stick of Truth. Also got several games for the PS4 and Xbox 1. The only new flight simulation I have been avoiding right now id Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad, wow talk about a zoo, reminds me of the old Il-2 banana forums back in the day.

But jeeze guys enough about me already tell me what you guys have been into Laughing
    frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks to Lockie you'll find all the mods, mission packs  on this forum. Lockie. will1973, Deviator, Donken and ysl..... have been busy as queen bees spawning tons of new stuff!

We even have lovely new oak and chestnut trees in the game. So many thing have been added that a guy who simply had the base game in 2008 and had not touched the game since and would stumble on our forum and look at recent mission vids would probably apologise and quickly leave the forum saying he was looking for another game....

You have to bring yourself up to date. Even your winter mod is outdated. Wait until you try the latest one created by will 1973 I think. Plain amazing!

Lockie has been creating new missions and mission packs with the fervour of a Stakhanov!

I read about DCS on the Subsim forum and it sounded interesting but when I picked up the free modules I realised only the aircrafts were free and all the ground units that sounded so interesting you need to spend money and purchase individually. Unfortunately I wasn't ready to splurge on that game and I am not keen on flight stuff ( I own IL2 1946 which I barely play. I am a tank guy...)

WoT and War Thunder have been let downs for me. Arcadish stuff . If I want to play arcade armour then I play BF3 and BF4 MP which are tons of fun and I can play as AT infantry as well if I feel like it .There's a new one called Armored Warfare that looks a tad different and featuring modern armour. Not sure if I am going to try it though. It's also going to be free-to-play.

Since you love zombie stuff( my sons also love that! ) there are many interesting games coming up in 2014. I read that in a British online gaming publication. Here's the link:

http://gamingbolt.com/top-zombieundead-games-to-look-forward-to-in-2014

Game-wise I am waiting for Far Cry 4 and Arma III to drop in price to pick them up. May be Sniper 3 as well. Looks cool. Grand Theft Auto V looks intriguing( never played any of the GTA games). I may be tempted at the right price.

Unfortunately tanksim-wise we have very little coming up. Steel Fury is pretty much it!

Re my armourgeddon( I love your term)I can send you some challenging stuff which will stretch your new rig to its limits... Shocked

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:51 am

You ought to check out SEOW campaigning with IL2.  I'm involved with the battle of Kursk on the Axis side right now.  It's been going on since October.  Each week we fly one 2.5 hour mission in everything from 109s to Hs129s.  Both sides are human players with ai filling in as needed.  Ground commanders plan the armor, infantry ground movements, train movements as well as supply distribution.  All stats are tracked and recorded.  Each bullet, bomb, rocket, kill etc is tracked and recorded.  It adds a fascinating strategic layer to Il2.

http://thorftp.tk/seow/MP4public/Statistics/BattleofKursk/SE-Battle+of+Kursk-194307061500.html

There is an example of the post mission stats that are generated.  My call sign in the mission was 242Sqn_Tanker.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 am

Panzerfaust, I may add that a new challenge today is recreating a battle of Villers-Bocage. At this moment we have many things to enable missions at Western Front, but not enough stuff was implemented to feel satisfaction.
    Unfortunately, our main 3d modeler Donken is out of processes, hope temporally. But we're not in hurry.
    Me and will73 as all Ukrainian people are really suffer with situation in our country, because of the Russian occupants who wants to reorganize the territory after WW2 and brought the war in Ukraine. Russkie still thinking they are the center of Universe and the whole World must rotate around them. The ambitious of  empire are too strong in Russia.
    I know that Ukraine will get over this war and finally will join with ES and become a member of NATO.
    For me SF is a way to take a rest from bloody reality in my country.
    And there is another project to make a new side - Japan. I've to tell u that I need to voice this side Wink
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:39 am

@frinik
    Yes please send me that mission. I think my email is in my profile if not drop me a PM and I'll get it to you. On those zombie games there are 2 that I am following, Dying Light and 7 Days to Die. I should have been more specific in that I really like survival horror with a zombie element lol. I prepaid for the Resident Evil HD version that is due out next week and I can't wait. But there are some survival horror games I do like that don't have zombies like The Last of Us, that game is awesome, just wish it would come out for the PC.
    Were you looking at DCS World the aircraft simulation part? or DCS World Combined Arms part?  For the aircraft part DCS World is free and comes with 2 AC, the TF-51D and SU-25T. The TF-51D is useless for anything combat, it's pretty much only a trainer for the actual P-51D module but it's good for learning the systems and free flight. Now the Su-25T while also a trainer can be loaded up with ordinance and flown in combat missions. Add on aircraft (like the P-51D, Fw190-D9, F-86 Sabre, MiG-21, Bf-109 K-14, UH-1 Huey etc) are bought as modules and added to the DCS world. Now if your talking about DCS World Combined Arms module I have no clue what you get with that. I was very fortunate that I was able to purchase SB Pro a couple years back when it was on sale for $90.00. Since then I have only had to pay for one upgrade that cost $25 and eSims has just upgraded SB Pro from 32bit to 64bit for free. I held high hopes for SABOW filling that gap of post WW2-Modern Armor simulator and maybe using the SABOW engine to revisit WW2, but Gravi apparently has no interest in doing armor simulators anymore since Tactics is doing pretty good.  
    I did check out all the new STA additions for SFK42 today but I have one (big) problem, I seen most of the files I need are on 4Shared. I tried to D/L the file's but 4Shared wants me to install a download manager first (Ceno?). I remember trying this program before (long ago) and it gave my old PC fits so I'm reluctant to try it again. So I want to ask is there a way to get these files from 4Shared without downloading that manager? Or is there an alternative site? Also I noticed one of the mission packs (the first one) has no link, is it a dead link or has it just been superseded by Mission pack 2 & 3 ?

@Tanker
    It's tempting Tanker. I've been mostly a SP kind of simmer for a long while now (Il-2 1946 w/SAS DBW & Il-2 CLoD with TF mods & Heinkills campaigns and Battle of Britain II WoV) but not necessarily because I prefer SP over MP or MP over SP. I really haven't messed heavily with MP for a long time mostly because of just not having the time. I really enjoyed MP back when I played it but the SP AI in the older simulators were pretty good too so I didn't mind not playing MP as much. But it's kind of suck's for me now since all the new CFS have SP AI that is just plain bad or have routines that give the AI advantages like being able to see through clouds, always flying perfect FM envelopes or have terminator type DM, so combating a human opponent is the only way to go nowadays and unfortunately for me it's still a no-go right now since I'm still not sure I have the time to commit to a squadron for regular flying. It has been my personal experience that most squadrons for sometime now (even in SB Pro) really prefer members who can participate on a fairly regular basis. Even though I have all the necessary peripherals to do MP right like a HOTAS stick, rudder pedals and TiR-5 finding a dedicated time slot on a regular basis has been the major problem, I'm never quite sure what's going to happen day to day in my life lol.

@lockie
    I feel for you and your country men and women lockie but I'm hoping it will work out right in the end. Fortunately we live in a time when aggression of this type (nations trying to annex other nations) isn't the status quo anymore and there are real and hurtful financial penalties that the aggressor nation can bring on themselves (and unfortunately their people) when other countries are willing to stand together and stick to their guns. I really don't have an ax to grind with the RU people, I'm sure many are patriotic, good decent people and I have become friends with some over the years. But unfortunately politicians of all nations always seem to have the ability of turning something that is good in people into something ugly, what one of our greatest American president Abraham Lincoln called "the better angels of our nature". And it happens everywhere to every nation, I know my country been there a few times already. Mr Putin is using the RU people and I hope soon the RU people will wake up to the fact there is no lion at the front door and a wolf at the back door except for the ones Mr. Putin made up in his own mind.

Having a western front and sino asian front added to SFK42 would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I still feel the biggest tank on tank engagements happened in the east but having a western front & sino asian front would be a welcome feature's. As always I'm more then willing to volunteer my American voice acting talents, but Japanese is way outside my repertoire  Laughing
    Cheers
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:
    I did check out all the new STA additions for SFK42 today but I have one (big) problem, I seen most of the files I need are on 4Shared. I tried to D/L the file's but 4Shared wants me to install a download manager first (Ceno?).
    No need to install download manager. Press "Download" then "Free", after 20sec d/l will start.

Or is there an alternative site?
    Alternative site is available only for STA mod.
    w ww.mediafire.com/download/985zsb841zypjwn/STA+1.0+full.rar

Also I noticed one of the mission packs (the first one) has no link
    It has: w ww.4shared.com/rar/cgora7uMba/STA_GMP_10.html
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 am

Panzerfaust have you tried Day Z?It's an Arma 2 stand alone Zombie-survival mod. Right up your alley!

Re DCS I can't remember which one it was but after installing the bulky part which turned out to be only aircrafts for free I promptly uninstalled it.

What mods do you have enabled so I can send you stuff that won't crash...
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:38 am

lockie wrote:
    Panzerfaust wrote:
    I did check out all the new STA additions for SFK42 today but I have one (big) problem, I seen most of the files I need are on 4Shared. I tried to D/L the file's but 4Shared wants me to install a download manager first (Ceno?).
    No need to install download manager. Press "Download" then "Free", after 20sec d/l will start.

Or is there an alternative site?
    Alternative site is available only for STA mod.
    w ww.mediafire.com/download/985zsb841zypjwn/STA+1.0+full.rar

Also I noticed one of the mission packs (the first one) has no link
    It has: w ww.4shared.com/rar/cgora7uMba/STA_GMP_10.html

Hi lockie,
    Well still no joy. No matter what download buttons I press I'm not getting what I want from the 4Shared site. The furthest I was able to get was to the "Premium" and "Standard" buttons. I press the standard button and it seems like it's going to work as it informs me my D/L will start in 20 seconds. After 20 seconds I'm presented with a new screen that wants to know if I want to use facebook or several other social media sites to D/L the file? I have pretty much given up trying to get these STA files for now. I don't know what's up with 4Shared, it's such a confusing site, not like Mediafire which is pretty straight forward. I'm going to check into something which I will contact you via PM about, probably by the end of the week.
    Cheers
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:44 am

frinik wrote:Panzerfaust have you tried Day Z?It's an Arma 2 stand alone Zombie-survival mod. Right up your alley!

Re DCS I can't remember which one it was but after installing the bulky part which turned out to be only aircrafts for free I promptly uninstalled it.

What mods do you have enabled so I can send you stuff that won't  crash...

I did play the early beta, it was pretty frustrating, the zombies were 'meh" but it was the RL players that were the biggest problem. If you were not traveling in a big clan you were basically were just a supply source for bandits.
    Right now I'm still having issues getting the STA mods so if you have something that will work with SPM UU and the Steel Sound Mod I sure would appreciate it.
    Cheers
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:51 am

Tanker wrote:You ought to check out SEOW campaigning with IL2.  I'm involved with the battle of Kursk on the Axis side right now.  It's been going on since October.  Each week we fly one 2.5 hour mission in everything from 109s to Hs129s.  Both sides are human players with ai filling in as needed.  Ground commanders plan the armor, infantry ground movements, train movements as well as supply distribution.  All stats are tracked and recorded.  Each bullet, bomb, rocket, kill etc is tracked and recorded.  It adds a fascinating strategic layer to Il2.

There is an example of the post mission stats that are generated.  My call sign in the mission was 242Sqn_Tanker.

Hi Tanker,
    Finally got to check out your link and the report is pretty compressive, so did you want to be a J-88 driver or where you assigned that AC?
    Cheers
    frinik

Post by frinik on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:55 am

By SPM UU do you mean Steel Panzer Mod 2.0???? Or you have some of the subsequent NTAs 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 made by Lockie? Can you post a pic of the mods enabled in your JSGME?

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:
    Tanker wrote:You ought to check out SEOW campaigning with IL2.  I'm involved with the battle of Kursk on the Axis side right now.  It's been going on since October.  Each week we fly one 2.5 hour mission in everything from 109s to Hs129s.  Both sides are human players with ai filling in as needed.  Ground commanders plan the armor, infantry ground movements, train movements as well as supply distribution.  All stats are tracked and recorded.  Each bullet, bomb, rocket, kill etc is tracked and recorded.  It adds a fascinating strategic layer to Il2.

Hi Tanker,
    Finally got to check out your link and the report is pretty compressive, so did you want to be a J-88 driver or where you assigned that AC?
    Cheers

I volunteered. I usually do better at bombing than dog fighting. But I will fly anything. There is a planner that plans all the missions before the mission and assigns airplanes, targets and routes. Our mission in that flight was to bomb factories that were producing POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants), supplies, and arms. Without those supplies the enemy can't operate.
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 am

frinik wrote:By SPM UU do you mean Steel Panzer Mod 2.0???? Or you have some of the subsequent NTAs 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 made by Lockie? Can you post a pic of the mods enabled in your JSGME?

Hi frinik,
    I'm still using SPM Ultimate Update, SPM 2.0 ran unstable for me. I'll check on the NTA mod I think it's 1.3 or 1.4 and report back.
    Cheers
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:56 am

Tanker wrote:
    Panzerfaust wrote:

Hi Tanker,
    Cheers

I volunteered.  I usually do better at bombing than dog fighting.  But I will fly anything.  There is a planner that plans all the missions before the mission and assigns airplanes, targets and routes.  Our mission in that flight was to bomb factories that were producing POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants), supplies, and arms. Without those supplies the enemy can't operate.

That's pretty impressive Tanker. I would probably suck pretty bad at dive bombing or level bombing since I could never master either in Il-2 1946. Kinda of weird because in Battle of Britain II WoV I'm not too bad in the Stuka and I'm really good at level bombing in B-17 2 The Mighty Eighth.
    Cheers

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:
    Tanker wrote:
    Panzerfaust wrote:

Hi Tanker,
    Cheers

I volunteered.  I usually do better at bombing than dog fighting.  But I will fly anything.  There is a planner that plans all the missions before the mission and assigns airplanes, targets and routes.  Our mission in that flight was to bomb factories that were producing POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants), supplies, and arms. Without those supplies the enemy can't operate.

That's pretty impressive Tanker. I would probably suck pretty bad at dive bombing or level bombing since I could never master either in Il-2 1946. Kinda of weird because in Battle of Britain II WoV I'm not too bad in the Stuka and I'm really good at level bombing in B-17 2 The Mighty Eighth.
    Cheers

It took a bit of video viewing and practice but I got ok at level bombing after setting all the bomb sight controls to the number pad on the key board. The secret is calculating your TAS as accurately as possible. And you need to ensure that your bomber is maintain altitude on level stab while you go into the bomb sight.
    Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:54 am

Guys just wanted you to know I have not dropped off the face of the earth again Laughing We have been getting hammered with snow and ice storms for the last several days and my internet is very spotty right now. It's up/down but when it's up it's very slow so posting has been kind of problematic since some site's (like this one) are taking extremely long to load (it usually times out). My provider said everything should be back to normal in about a week (hopefully less).
    Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 pm