October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How to place/change objects on the polygon?

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

How to place/change objects on the polygon?

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:02 am

Let us assume we need to replace flora: chestnut on the oak. We've source files of the polygon: most_01. Here it is: w ww.mediafire.com/download/adyg1x4i8vzasbv/most_01.datapack
    1. Find contour "chestnut_01"
    2. press tab "Landscapes", connection "Flora"
    3. press tab "Flora type"
    4. in the opened window select desired tree, i.e. "oak#1"

If u want more trees, then u've to increase "Density". I.e. change "40" on "100".

Or u want to place a "curved sandbag" to protect AT/AA gun.
    1. Select defined contour (in our case it's "lenin_01"), press tab "Landscape", connection "Objects"
    2. Select defined point, i.e. for AA gun #1. For AT gun #2
    3. Select desired object. Properties "Sandbag curved for AT gun".
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: How to place/change objects on the polygon?

Post by frinik on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 am

Question how do you open the map through the mission editor in order to make changes to the existing flora and objects? For example I tried opening a given polygon through editor_map but I only had 2 active tabs: create or unpack? Unless it's the other editor_map_gen?

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:44 am

Let's take example polygon "most_01". U've to d/l and save it somewhere on hard disk.
    After that:
    1. Start
    ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\0_create_new_poly.bat

2. Press "Unpack"

3. Select then Open archive file "most_01.datapack"

To be sure that unpack procedure went OK check out the next new source files presence:
    ...data\k42\loc_rus\levels\envs\most_01

That's it. Start editor, select mission which was made on the base of this polygon(or create a new one), i.e. "bm_041", then modify flora/buildings/barrages etc.

w ww.mediafire.com/download/ohnxesfmnfedi74/bm_041.datapack
    frinik

Post by frinik on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:29 am

Interesting.In my game I have instead : editor.bat, editor_mission.bat, editor_map.bat,editor_map_gen.bat, and 0_arceditor.bat.Except for the 0_arecditor I have none of what you have in your game...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:58 am

I think smth. wrong with installation, coz all files included into STA.
    But I guess u may try editor_map.bat
    There should be the next entry:
    "bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newpoly.program

maus76

Post by maus76 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi,
    This is my first post here, so at the beginning, I must say that Steel Fury STA mod is a very good simulator with amazing atmosphere and authenticity  Cool . I have a question about mission/map editor. I would like to know if it is possible to edit and change existing maps in the game. I mean adding contours with trees, water, buildings etc. or changing objects on the map.
    I have tried to edit objects on the example of polygon "most_01.datapack" as is described on this forum. The map can be easily changed and I understand the mentioned instructions. But other maps in the game are more complicated. In mission editor, the mod for map editor is not available (e.g. M01 Taranovka) or it works only with very limited functions (e.g. w03 ozerki, missing list of contours and layers like afforest, barrages etc.).

And one question about creating new maps with the polygon generator, this tool generates still the same map with small lakes and pine forest around (as described in video lessons by Fabianfred on Graviteam forum). How is possible to create a new original map based on individual parameters?

Thank you very much for any help or ideas about editing maps and building new polygons  Very Happy .
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi, maus76
    U got the right pace  Cool

I would like to know if it is possible to edit and change existing maps in the game. I mean adding contours with trees, water, buildings etc. or changing objects on the map.
    Yes, its possible, BUT only for the polygons which has a source code. I.e. almost all user's missions has a source code (I've all of them Smile Meanwhile default polygons doesn't has a source, though devs have it and if u ask them(through PM) perhaps they will share with u a couple ones.

But other maps in the game are more complicated. In mission editor, the mod for map editor is not available (e.g. M01 Taranovka)
    Taranovka is default polygon. Source has only devs from Graviteam

or it works only with very limited functions (e.g. w03 ozerki, missing list of contours and layers like afforest, barrages etc.).
    w03 ozerki it's from "Fall Blau" half-finished. Again, source has only devs.

How is possible to create a new original map based on individual parameters?
    It's a hell long, but a very interesting process! I may say creating the new maps is more complicated(5-10 times) then write the scripts. I may count map creators by the fingers on my hand.
    First, u need a sketch from the map (or from er imagination) then u have to draw in photoshop the tops and downs of the area. It is lesson03_prepare_poly.ogg
    Here's an example of a source code for the polygon eu_m36_west:
    www.4shared.com/file/vZ_RmJYBba/eu_m36_west.html

maus76

Post by maus76 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:10 am

Hi Lockie,
    Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer. So, if I understand it right, the source code of polygon is a given map in file format "map_name.datapack" which can be unpacked and generated for editing in mission/map editor. And this packed format of a map cannot be made from file type "map_name.polypack" or any way from mission editor.
    The polygons created by user have the source code (usually owned by authors), but in format "map_name.polypack” are not available for editing either.
    About the polygon developing, it is more complicated than I supposed, thanks for the video lesson. I appreciate the efforts of those making maps and missions  Smile .  
                                                     Thanks.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:54 pm