MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Steel Fury Battlefield Terrain

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Steel Fury Battlefield Terrain

Post by woofiedog on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:40 am

Have been updating my Steel Fury setup and playing around and checking out what I can do to improve some SF eye candy with the NVIDIA Inspector since I have a GeForce card. One of the improvements that stands out is with the grass on the battlefield, almost looks like your really standing out in a wheat field now. Very Happy

Have another of the same card and a power unit that can handle a SLI setup, just no time lately to install it, but was wondering how far you could push SF with a SLI setup, even though it is an older game???  Well maybe find out soon with a good snowy day to do an indoor project. Cool

An older screenshot.

New screenshots after using NVIDIA Inspector.

And could not leave out this real photo shot taken in the Ukraine.  Cool

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Steel Fury Battlefield Terrain

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    Have another of the same card and a power unit that can handle a SLI setup, just no time lately to install it, but was wondering how far you could push SF with a SLI setup, even though it is an older game???  Well maybe find out soon with a good snowy day to do an indoor project. Cool
    That will be interesting. Try to check out it in the missions GMP3.1:
    - Destroy the Fatherland! (T-34/85)
    - Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V)
    My average fps in these mission is abt 10.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 am

Wow! Even with my laptop I am getting 30 fps playing these...What are your specs Lockie????
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:40 am

After playing out a few of the missions with the new update, I have noticed right away some of the new and improved tree's and other flora, such as in this screenshot. Excellent improvement. Yes, I do wonder what a SLI setup would or could do for Steel Fury or maybe not... guess only one way to find out?  Cool

Quote... Even with my laptop I am getting 30 fps playing these

Would you have a "fraps screenshot" from either of these missions "Destroy the Fatherland! (T-34/85) or Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V)?
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:57 am

Played both  "Destroy the Fatherland! (T-34/85) & Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V)" missions with fraps running and was averaging in between 26-10 fps when there was heavy fighting going on. Had SF settings at max levels and with NVIDIA Inspector running.

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Tried a change of my screen resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 2048 x 1152 and it showed an improvement with the overall game sharpness.

But have two problems, first one is with the start of the mission loading and the screen blacks out and I have to use task manager, which states that the game server is not running or having a game shell.exe error and I have to bring up the task manager and click on Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 to bring the loading screen back up.

And last is the game loads but stops at 100% and again have to hit task manager to bring the game mission back up again.

Has anyone tried or are using a 2048 x 1152 resolution for your game and is there is a fix for these two problems?

Thank's for any help in this matter.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm

woofiedog wrote:Has anyone tried or are using a 2048 x 1152 resolution for your game and is there is a fix for these two problems?
    I think u're asking a lot from the oldy goody  SF 2007 Smile
    2007 was year of releasing, but at least two years spent for the game engine. Means 2005 and finally the game was released with a standard of the 90 years ending without AA and MP What a Face
    But it was the game with a small budget and for those times it was OK.
    Unfortunately, we don't have ability to use source code of the game Sad
    I'm sure we may tweak engine. May be we should write petition to the company who has the rights on source code?
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 pm

I think u're asking a lot from the oldy goody  SF 2007

Well, guess I can live with the two problems, as SF has no problems running afterwards with the 2048 x 1152 resolution. A very small price for the improved game graphics.  Wink

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Excellent shot!
    What abt to make a new mission with this type of  "Tiger"?
    I think we can make a new scenario with a "Tiger"+ "Pz.III N"! What du think?
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:02 am

Sounds like a very interesting combo, maybe a January 1943, Stawropol, Don Campaign with the 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion [20 Tiger and 31 Panzer III Ausf. N] which could be split into two missions, one an armored spearhead and the other a support group for the main attack.

Uhmmm...  reminds me of a very heated set of engagements & battles that would take great effort by both German or Russian forces to have any kind of success. Wicked Cool
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm

A small historical nitpick, as usual Razz, but if there's someone up to reskinning the tanks/finding accurate replacement skins, a regular panzergray skin (or a regular dunkelgelb-yellow skin for spring '43 scenarios) would be the best choice for the late '42/early '43 period. And perhaps a model without Schürtzen for the Pz III N.

But these are minor details and I'm looking forward to the new missions regardless. Great addition! Smile

Edit: Actually, I know there's a panzergrau base + winter camo skin for the other Tiger model (the early one), so it would "merely" be a matter of adjusting the III N Smile
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:46 pm

The Panzer IIIN were featured at Kursk. Why not a Kursk-type scenario? Or North Africa since they were also shipped there?
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Iirc North Africa is plausible, but I don't think the heavy Panzer Abt. structure at Kursk was the same as late '42/early '43, I think in mid '43 the Tigers were employed in 45 tank Abts, with no Pz III Ns.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 pm

But have two problems, first one is with the start of the mission loading and the screen blacks out and I have to use task manager, which states that the game server is not running or having a game shell.exe error and I have to bring up the task manager and click on Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 to bring the loading screen back up.

And last is the game loads but stops at 100% and again have to hit task manager to bring the game mission back up again.

Have found that if I just let things alone when the screen blacks out after the mission starts loading, it will go on loading the mission on with no problems and go's to the start of the mission menu.

It might not be a problem with the game when using 2048x1152 screen resolution? Very Happy
    frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 am

Would you have a "fraps screenshot" from either of these missions "Destroy the Fatherland! (T-34/85) or Sieg oder Tod (Pz.V)?

No I don't think I have .I played these missions only once each but I have the fps showing at all time on my screen and I can tell...

Re the Panzer IIINs here's an interesting exchange about them at Kursk with pics

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=157355

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Very interesting exchange. The very first picture is quite strange. The tank seems to be traveling at a good speed, judging by the dust trail, but there is a man on the ground directly in front of the tank. He appears to be on his back or in a foxhole, with his hands on top of his head. His image is in sharper focus than the the images of the men on the approaching tank.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 pm

STA has such insignia. 2Pz.Div., 3Pz.Rgt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm