Latest topics

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Today at 6:53 am

» Terminated russian occupants in Ukraine
by lockie Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» T-34/85/D5Т
by Glushak Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

» Movie The Man with the Iron Heart
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

» Question about german hetzer tank crew uniform
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

» STA3.2 version
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

» New & Updated Models(Нові Моделі)
by Aragorn Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:48 am

» New Panther D Winter Skin and Engine, Tracks, and Gun Sounds
by KurtTank Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 pm

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: "Mighty Tiger" (Pz.I F)

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Mission: "Mighty Tiger" (Pz.I F)

Post by lockie on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 pm

This mission will be devoted to the "baby-tiger" Pz.IF. Actually, it's not a tank, it is tankette. But unit had a turret, thus it had the whole right to be called - tank!
    OK, so mission will be a very easy for this type of tank. The main purpose is - intercept Soviet column of the rocket mortar BM-13 ("Katyusha") and destroy it. But before u'll make an ambush u've to go through the Soviet guard(block-post) and find a secret path through the mine field in the oak forest. Then make an ambush (destroy 3xBM-13) and get back to the start position. Also there will be a Soviet tank patrol consist of the tanks M4A2-75.
    I think that our main hero will be the same person Erich Shulze with rank Obersturmführer. He will get order from Gruppenführer Herbert Otto Gille, Commander of Wiking Division (5th SS Panzer Division).
    it is July 1944, Soviet troops is about to make a strong strike (operation "Bagration") to the German defence and get into Western Europe. They need more artillery support. That's why they sent squad of the BM-13 to get the new positions.

German side:
    1. 3x Pz.IF+advanced scout squad infantty.
    Soviet side:
    1. 3x infantry platoon
    2. 5x 45mm AT guns
    3. 1x AA gun 85mm (depends on balance)
    4. 3x BM13 (+3x trucks with infantry)
    5. 5x MG (SG-43)
    6. 2x 76mm AT guns
    7. 3x Sherman M4A2-75 (as a base group, which take part as a hunter squad)

As a good tradition - we need a literature talent of our famous writer Mr. Frinik!
    There are some recommendations. This mission completely depends on the user`s skill of battle. First, start the movement in the formation `column`, then give command "do as me". If u send er troops forward without cover, then u'll lost all infantry. Second, follow the marked points or u'll go on the the minefields or meet the Soviet strong defence.
    Third, don't forget to enable mod "Hardcore target" or u'll not be allowed to get additional portion of adrenaline!

Video before mission will start:
    w ww.4shared.com/music/NwAZNdnSba/mighty_pz1f.html

PS
    This mission has been included into GMP3.1.

Last edited by lockie on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:48 am; edited 14 times in total
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Mission: "Mighty Tiger" (Pz.I F)

Post by frinik on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:29 pm

UHHHH OK for my writing skills. I will work on it. However may I point out that Bagration was launched on 22nd June 1944 thus by July it was already in progress. So I would recommend starting the operation in mid June 1944.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:30 pm

frinik wrote:So I would recommend  starting the operation in mid June 1944.
    I agree on all points!
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:56 am

By the way Bagration was not a unique offensive but rather a series of local offensives launched at various points against Army Group Centre....
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:53 pm

I'd like to take this text as a history note before mission d/l.
    Operation Bagration promised huge rewards for Stalin. Minsk and other major Belorussian cities would fall back into Soviet hands, and a successful push would isolate Army Group North, which could then be dispatched more or less at Stalin’s leisure. To capitalize on the anticipated success, as Bagration achieved its objectives and the Nazis fed troops from northern Ukraine into Belorussia to stop the onslaught, a secondary Red Army attack would thrust toward Lwow in northern Ukraine, driving Axis troops out of Soviet territory. Romania, Hungary, Warsaw and East Prussia would become the new front lines of the war.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Uuuuh I would suggest not to include it since the mission is supposed to take place in mid June 1944 BEFORE Bagration. But you could include it as a footnote at the end of the mission text...
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 am

It's just idea to fill the gaps with text. But I need historic note to describe the common situation.
    And this is a base text for the mission orders.

\tInitial situation:\n
    Soviet artillery BM-13 is moving to take place on the attack positions before operation "Bagration".\n\n

\tCombat order:\n
    Make a pre-emptive strike on the Soviet forces before they will take place on the defined positions.\n\n

\tYour Task:\n
    You are Obersturmführer Erich Shulze. There are 3xPz.I F and advanced Gebirgsjager platoon under your command. You have to intercept Soviet column of the 3xBM-13 near bridge. Move through the minefield along marked sticks, then take ambush place in the wood near bridge area. Wait for column and destroy it. Then immediately get back to the base. Be warned of the Soviet tank patrol.\n\n;

Video before mission d/l:
    w ww.4shared.com/music/NwAZNdnSba/mighty_pz1f.html
    w ww.mediafire.com/listen/xv1zcbhslgz7e24/mighty_pz1f.ogg
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:39 am

I will produce both historical text and mission text for the weekend. I have work commitments so be patient I already started work on it.... Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:09 pm

OK, we're working in pair Wink
    This is my new version of the text tasks and radio messages:

Initial situation:
    Soviet artillery BM-13 is moving to take place on the attack positions before operation "Bagration".

Combat order:
    Make a pre-emptive strike on the Soviet forces before they will take place on the defined positions.

Your Task:
    You are Obersturmfuhrer Erich Shulze. There are 3xPz.I F and advanced Gebirgsjager platoon under your command. The call-name of your group will be "Bussard". The call-name of base is "Falke". You have to intercept enemy column of the 3xBM-13 near bridge. Move through the minefield along marked sticks, then take ambush place in the wood near bridge area. Wait for column and destroy it. Then immediately get back to the base. Be warned of the Soviet tank patrol.

//first task
    1. Destroy Soviet block-post #1!
    //second task
    2. Move to the AMBUSH position along markers on the map.
    You'll see sticks on the ground. To see another mark press "-"/"+".
    //third task
    3. Destroy column of the BM-13. It consist of 3 vehicles.
    //fourth task
    4. Get back to the block-post #1, then move to the base.

//radio
    //message 1
    "Falke" this is "Bussard", I've found the start of the secret path.
    Roger that "Bussard", keep on moving.
    //message 2
    "Falke" this is "Bussard". I've reached ambush place.
    Roger that "Bussard". Wait for column and destroy it!
    //message 3
    This is "Bussard". One BM-13 terminated!
    //message 4
    This is "Bussard". We got BM-13 destroyed!
    //message 5
    This is "Bussard". "Katyusha" went to Hell!.
    //message 6
    This is "Bussard". All enemy BM-13 terminated!
    Roger that "Bussard", your mission completed successfully! Get back to the block-post #1 as fast as possible! There is Soviet tank patrol is coming to your place!

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 am

And here's a new updated scenario from our famous writer Mr. Frink! Excellent work!
    16 June 1944, on the Eastern Front, in Southern Belorussia near the border with the Ukraine. Obersturmfuehrer Erich Schulze pores over a map, intent on deciding where will his small kampfgruppe, consisting of 3 Panzer IF, affectionately nicknamed 'Baby Tigers" by the crews who use them and a squadron of scout infantry is going to strike at the Soviet BM-13 rocket launchers commonly called as "Katyushas" or "Stalin's Organs" by the Wehrmacht. For over 2 weeks now the Soviets have been moving those dreaded weapons ever closer to the German lines. Intelligence gathered from captured enemy troops and defectors and German patrols indicated that the Soviets were massing artillery, preparing for some kind of offensive action. Schulze had been ordered to prepare a surprise ambush to destroy a column of headed for the front. This was a risky operation as his small group would have to cross the Soviet lines and strike 10 kilometres into enemy territory. The "Kayusha" batteries were protected by Soviet infantry, anti tank guns and some land lease American "Shermans" equipped with 75mm gun. As well the area where the "Katyusha" batteries were stationed was protected by a minefiled, which his troops would have to breach without losses or raising the alarm. In addition he had been told not to expect any reinforcements. The Anglo-American Allies had landed in Normandy just 10 days before and the Western Front had now claimed priority.
    Suppressing his inner feelings of pessimism as Germany's fortune had been steadily declining for a year now, Schulze had planned his ambush.
    - At 22:30 hours his forces: Gruppe "Panther" consisting of 3 Pz.IF and the scout squad will first jointly attack and neutralize the Soviet strong point located 2 kilometers behind enemy lines and defended by AT guns and infantry.
    - At 23:00 hours his forces would proceed and find a path through the Soviet minefield located in an Oak forest in order to reach the point of ambush ahead of the column of BM-13s.
    - As soon as the enemy column is in sight the Gruppe "Panther" will attack and destroy it. Operation should not be longer then 10 minutes to avoid possible intervention by the Soviet "Shermans".
    - Once the objective has been attained Gruppe will quickly withdraw back to German line before the Soviets have had time to send reinforcements or counterattack.
    The operation is to be called "Unternehmen Eule Schrei" (Owl Shriek) and will start tomorrow 17 June 1944 at 22:00 hours.
    Looking one last time at his watch Schulze decided he would brief his men shortly to reveal details about the operation.

I like the new call "Unternehmen Eule Schrei" (Owl Shriek), then let it be the name of the mission.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am